UPS
5,686 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

Peak season means EVERYONE has to work operations.
Account Executive (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 27, 2014
Pros: benefits, people, and your own time management
Cons: peak season is a nightmare and all the meetings that keep you from actually doing your job.
I work in Business Development where we function as the sales team to acquire new business for UPS. We don't wear browns, we don't deliver packages, and we definitely do not drive a brown truck. ACCEPT FOR PEAK. During Christmas season the company sets aside all titles and departments and force you to wear browns, get DOT certified, and officially become – more... their slave (especially if you are a salary employee). Here's the good part, if you choose not to because this isn't part of your job description, or because you have a medical condition, you are looked at and treated differently for not being a 'team player'. Take that for culture shock.

The great thing about working for a global company that has over 400K employees are the benefits, the great people, and all the opportunities to advance.

Nothing about my job is particularly fun except all the great people and businesses I get to engage with on a daily basis.

UPS should stick to keeping their workers where they belong--even at peak becuase it would help you keep the logitivity of your younger generation staff members. – less
good company
Fork Lift Driver & Dock Worker (Former Employee), Moonachie, NJAugust 27, 2014
team players
i learned alot from management how to run the warehouse
Fun and friendly
Sorter/paerckage handler (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: fun and friendly
Fun and friendly environment that was fast paced and positive challenge.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Little Rock, ArkansasAugust 27, 2014
I enjoy my team we work well together and it keeps the work load light for each other. • Responsibility as an administrative clerk is to work close with and assisting management on different projects, typing out different reports, filing case files, taking important message whether it by phone or email, as well as contacting different Hubs or management – more... about different audit reports whether it be for lost or gain. – less
Great workplace and very productive.
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIAugust 27, 2014
- A full load of packages

- Need to be even more patient with residential customers

- Very helpful & understanding

- They were the best i've worked with in a long time

- In the heat climbing stairs with a bigger package than myself

- Meeting new people
Only for the fit and strong
Package Handler (Current Employee), Willow Springs, ILAugust 27, 2014
Pros: 10 minute breaks
Cons: boxes might be too heavy to begin with
I myself, am a superior athletic person. What does this have to do with UPS Package Handling? Everything. If you're strong, you will enjoy this job because it is physically demanding. If you're not in good shape, you will want to quit. The people are great. They treat you nice. Any concerns you have, they will resolve them as soon as possible.

The – more... hardest part of the job would be again, if you're weak and can't do any more lifting of packages. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to meet people. – less
It was a fast paced job
Store Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 26, 2014
There was always something to do. I sold mailbox contracts, which I also notarized as a Notary Public. I learned how to estimate packaging from weight and measurements. Also, I learned to enter data and develop a printing label for shipments. My co-workers and I were good at working together in a small place behind the counter. I enjoyed talking with – more... customers while at the register and getting to know our customers by name. The hardest part was sorting the mail into the mail boxes. It took concentration to be accurate and not to get a paper cut. Eventually one associate was assigned to the daily mail only. It was better to be able to concentrate on the other tasks of assisting customers at the counter. – less
Good Workout, but poor work conditions
Part-Time Package Handler (Former Employee), Gardner, KSAugust 26, 2014
Pros: good workout.
Cons: dangerous work conditions.
This job was definitely a good workout, but was quite dangerous and if your body is not ready for it, there is not a lot of time to catch up.
Warehouse Environment
Package Handler/Sorter (Current Employee), Arlington, TXAugust 26, 2014
This is a hot environment in the summer time, so prepare yourself.
Average
Packer/Picker (Former Employee), Swedesboro, NJAugust 26, 2014
there was no set schedule and you had to work til finish, it was fun but at times they got very strict
Good part-time job
Package Handler (Current Employee), Addison, ILAugust 26, 2014
Pros: good health care, paid vacations and personal days, tuition assistance, and good job security.
Cons: short breaks (10 minutes), physical demanding, lazy co-workers, hard to become full-time.
Typical day includes loading/unloading packages in trailers or sorting packages accurately and efficiently to the right belts. You must be part of the union to work there. Therefore, some co-workers can work very slow. The job is not mentally challenging but the job is very physically demanding. On most days, packages come at a very fast pace.
Great experience
Console Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2014
This was my first job and it was a very pleasant job to have.I worked really hard to move up with this company and I did great at my job.
Great experience, Lots of responsibilty, Long hours
On Road Supervisor (Current Employee), Elkhart, INAugust 25, 2014
Pros: job security, total compensation package
Cons: long hours and little flexibilty for family life
Arrive at 7:00 am, adjust and make successful plan, implement the plan. Train and hold people accountable, follow up with daily activities. Ensure everything is completed correctly and daily as well and time cards are properly completed.
The most enjoyable parts of the day: Train and make employee more efficient and safer.
good
Package Handler (Former Employee), Hodgkins, ILAugust 25, 2014
Pros: part time
Cons: early mornings
UPS. Is a good place to work. It had health benefits, pay for college, and give time off when needed. It takes allots to be fired. just come in everyday do as asked to do. Management didn't like me. cause they could not fire me.
It's a job.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Various LocationsAugust 25, 2014
No room for advancement. Very number oriented. You will get yelled at a lot.
very friendly
UPS Seasonal Driver/Helper (Former Employee), Maspeth, NYAugust 25, 2014
Pros: half-hour to an hour lunch
Cons: days they dont need helpers
help drivers deliver packages to people
i learned about common sense
people usually switch helpers or ask for extra help
the enviorment is the most enjoyable part of the job
the stairs makes the job a bit hard
fast paced environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: fast paced hard to learn quickly enough
Cons: seasonal help
i was only seasonal help, so i felt lost the entire month i was there, but management/owners were very nice and patient with me
great benefits
Package Handler (Current Employee), Riviera Beach, FLAugust 25, 2014
Currently employed part time. Great benefits. Many opportunities for advancement
Productive and fun job.
Deliverer (Former Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 25, 2014
Worked during holiday season, 10 AM to 7 PM were very hard hours but it taught me good discipline. Manager and all of the drivers were very helpful in the training.
great introduction to shipping
Driver Delivery Helper- Seasonal (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLAugust 25, 2014
Learned the entire delivery process from when the trucks are loaded to the end of the shift when everything is delivered.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more