UPS

-Strict management
-Short workdays
Not desierable
Package Handler (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: no breaks.
UPS sucks period.........BUT if you were to stay there for more than a year, the benefits are phenomenal!! Plus the company has its own Union. Job advancement is really upon request.
Great work place to earn good experience
Loader/Packer (Former Employee), Madison Heights, MIFebruary 25, 2015
Working at UPS made me an harder worker because its an fast pace job. i enjoyed working at this job because it kept me busy and the pay was good. The hardest part of working with UPS is when holidays came around but that just mean we had to work even harder to accomplish our goals.
Great job as a part-time or professional
Supervisor (Current Employee), Hiawatha, IAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great opportunty for advancement, great environment to learn and test skills.
Cons: holiday season
Worked with a great group of people who consistently helped our center be ranked #1 in our district. Great opportunity for advancement and to learn new skills.
Good pay but no hours
Unloader (Former Employee), Doraville, GAFebruary 25, 2015
I was worked hard within the little hours I recieved. I did very hard work with little compensation. I also had unpaid overtime when I left the company and and have yet to be compensated.
ups growth and exprience
Package Handler (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: room for growth
Cons: time it takes to grow
not working at the company anymore.
but the over all work experience was good lots of room for advancement and growth.
i learned how to be more detailed with my work and to be efficient as well.
Fortune 500 company and Very diverse place to work
Loader & Safety Rep (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: benefits-medical&dental coverage is awesome
Cons: only one 10 min break, with such a rigorous job
A typical day at work is four to six hours, sometimes more, loading and unloading.

I've learned different names of cities that I never knew existed, along with their area codes.

Management is okay, like all places you have you good ones and bad ones.

Co-workers, a diverse group of individuals that get to learn so much about if you're lucky enough to partner with someone.

The hardest part of the job is when you're under-staffed and have to load/unload multiple trailers alone.

The most enjoyable part of the job is always the employees; so many different people you meet from all over with different backgrounds and goals.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Elkhart, INFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: always getting free gear and food
Cons: the hours werent great.
There is always work to do which is good because I like a job where I stay busy. I learned a lot about how the business runs and how to work the systems that they use. I was able to build up more experience with Microsoft Office and much more. The co-workers became like friends to me. Everyone was always laughing and joking around with each other, which made the work day enjoyable.
Fast work pace, Great people
High Value Package Handler (Former Employee), Ontario, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: face work environment
Cons: no cons
I loved working at UPS, i regret resigning from UPS the reason why i resigned was because i was promised by Sprint (I was working 2 jobs at the time Sprint and UPS.) That i would be receiving a raise so they told me to resign from UPS. Only to find out that Sprint was not telling me the truth.
Fast pace environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2015
• Ensure accuracy of direct mail processing and preparation operations in accordance with USPS requirements, customer requests, and established procedures.
difficult place to work at times
Local Sort (Current Employee), ST. Johnsbury, VTFebruary 24, 2015
Hard place to balance work and life. Best way to move up and build seniority is to start working at UPS at at a young age and be patience .
long days feel short
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Warminster, PAFebruary 24, 2015
i do not like it here. got hired as full time. my boss fires some people, never rehires anyone and chages my hours drastically.
i love working there
seasonal worker (Former Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Cons: less hours
it was an excited job look forward to come to work to loaded hub scan packages and look for hazards on the package. It was next day air so everything we loaded and scan left out that night
Excellent place to work if you want to work hard every day
Operations Management Specialist (Former Employee), Burtonsville, MDFebruary 23, 2015
Most of the people I worked with were terrific. I had the occasional employee that was not pleasant but that is everywhere. The benefits were great as well as the training.
Good company to work for.
driver's assistant, seasonal position (Former Employee), Absecon, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: lunch break
Cons: no benefits
Being an assistant driver was very enjoyably. The driver was good to work with and trained me well. Fast paced but good work. Supervisor was good to work under.
My favorite job...EVER!!
Manager (Current Employee), Oradell, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: warmer environment
Cons: work/life balance
This is a fast paced job, phones ringing, customers to deal with, detailed orientated. I do administrative work, customer service, hands on packaging and shipping. I have 2 young men that work for me. The hardest part is getting the work/life balance in order. There is always something to do and I have a hard time leaving at night.
Good pay, good hours, simple job.
Driver's Helper (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good pay, good hours, good experience
Cons: seasonal job
Fun job, not hard at all. The only thing required of me was to walk the package to the door. I also helped the driver navigate addresses as needed and kept him company.
Upbeat positive company to work for
Orion Project Analyst (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: financial, career orientated, support system
I can not say anything negative about this position.

I was in management and was able to see many aspects and positions. Great place to work for.
Enjoyable manual labor job
Drivers Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Very simple, Stop and Go technique with UPS. After a while of doing it, its almost robotic in function. Work can get hard, but its rewarding in the end.
Part-Time Supervisor (Current Employee), Ontario, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: not enough hours a week. part time only
Typical work day is managing 8-10 employee's. I learned how to manage and be a leader. Co-workers are great. Hardest part is writing up an employee. Enjoyable part is meeting all deadlines

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more