UPS Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,963 reviews matching the search
Good job horrid management
Loader, Sorter and Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2016
Typical day: over dispatched long hours an countless on call pick ups
What I've learned: vast areas of my city nice an bad neighborhoods
Management: horrible supervision an racist
Hardest part of the job: over dispatched to many air stops after leaving well after 9:30a.m. To make a 10:30a.m. Deadline
Most enjoyable: the customers and seeing the check on Thursday night after a 60 he work week
Pros
Weekly pay good benefits paid vacation
Cons
Over dispatched horrible dishonest and racist management ORION!!!
ok place to work
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 8, 2016
Co workers were usually nice, as well as supervisors. they always wanted everyone there on time no later, which was never an problem for me because I always arrived before start time. The hours where 3am- 830 am during peak it could be as early as midnight that you will start. the pay was ok for someone who doesn't have any responsibilities when first starting out but I've heard if you stay with the company for a while yo will gain more money for those hours.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
Flexible and laid back enviroment
Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJune 15, 2016
I'm in charge of all daily responsibilities in receiving. I also schedule all deliveries to our facility and coordinate with Vendors on any and all issues. The major difficulty in my facility is the lack of experience within our management team they allow my co-workers to take extended breaks on a daily basis which puts an enormous amount of pressure on me to get everything done. I somehow still manage to pick up the slack and get everything done. The most enjoyable part of this all is how good I am at my job and how pleased our client is with me and the job I perform.
Pros
Very Flexible
Cons
Healthcare, pay, and Opportunity for advancement
Fast Paced, interesting people.
Driver-Helper (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 3, 2016
At the beginning of my day I discussed what activities or groups were scheduled to be served. I discovered early on the demands of serving members that were upset over some recent changes In dues. Great managers that seemed interested in my success at the beginning. My associates had been there a number of years and had learned each members number and name which was expected of me to do in a short period of time. The hardest part of the jobs was working behind the bar. With very little bar tending experience I was required to learn all types of mixtures in a short period of time. The job was always stressful.
Pros
Free Lunch, Uniforms
Cons
Demanding Members
we did weekly contest
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2016
I reviewed credit card transaction that used UPS for there shipment needs, learned how to work a number of systems, management team was great and very easy to work with, co-workers was all ways there to help with any problems, hardest part of my job was making contact with some of the management at other company to get new credit on file for processing, enjoyable part of my job was to make contact and help with any claims that management had concerning UPS shipping times
Pros
was able to take more than 1 hour lunches
Cons
was not able to work weekends
I enjoy working for UPS
Small Sorter (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 11, 2016
UPS is one of those company's you have to be ready for! If your looking for quick easy money this WONT be the job for you! I say that because the work isn't extremely hard but it also isn't easy! During the summer it's REALLY hot & during the winter it's REALLY cold! If your working part time I can almost guarantee you won't be pleased with pay! But on the bright side those benefits Are really good.... The benefits & growing within the company is what'll keep me clocking in Sunday - Thursday !
Benefits
Cons
Short break (10 minutes)
Needs improved standards for hiring new employees
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2016
A typical work day includes unloading and loading trailers with a forklift. Management lacks the motivation to improve operation performance and the employees give substantially low effort to load trailers correctly without the damage of freight. The hardest part of this job is trying to be a christian and show compassion towards everyone 100% of the time. I've learned how to pilot agitated co-workers into a more peaceful state of mind during my time at UPS FREIGHT. The most enjoyable part however, is holiday pay on Christmas, Thanksgiving, Independence day, and more.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Unhealthy Environment
Amazing
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27615June 5, 2016
Working for UPS has been a really enjoyable experience. I love the people I work with and for. Being able to manage at UPS has given me the ability and confidence to be able to manage anywhere else I go. The only downside to UPS is the union. The union protecting the jobs of the people who shouldn't be working there and protecting the ones who don't care about their jobs. Instead of hiring people who actually need and care about working, we're saving the jobs of those who don't care.
Pros
Cons
Union
Physical fit and self motivated to work here
Unload/Load/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 5, 2016
A typical day working at UPS.....unorganize and irritating; Management was awful overall but there are some good men and women is management there; co-workers was respectable; the hardest part about working at UPS was the little hours they provide, overworking during those hours and picking up your speed because another working isnt as fast or simply dont want to work and the most enjoyable part of the job was vacation time
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Pros: Love the hours. cons: Hated the pay
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJune 12, 2016
Worked at the Sherman,TX. AS UPS. The most demanding job I ever had. Management always hollering at you. I watched people come and go and I was 42yrs.old at the time. Was Army Ranger,had reason to be hollered at. But shouldn't have to go to work and expect to be hollered at one reason they cannot keep people. I looked at it as a work out every morning. That's what kept me there. If u have ahard time still after one week chances are you want make it very much longer.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Short breaks. To much hollering we are all human beings.
Ups
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 31, 2016
UPS can be a career worth having. From the outside it seems that UPS is a great place top work. In reality, it takes an average of 15 years to get an opportunity to go full time forcing most part time employees to work at least 2 jobs. The pay starts at 10.00 per hour which is now minimum wage in NYS.

If you choose to move into management you are required to work long hours (10+) with no lunch/break. You are held to daily numbers that must be met, Otherwise you will spend the rest of the week, month and year explaining why you failed. You will be required to build unrealistic action plans and will be talked down to by upper management.
Pros
job security
Cons
stated in review
Run the other way if you want a life
operations supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 20, 2016
Money is great but if you can't spend it with the people you love then it's worthless.
Drivers are protected by the union but supervisors are slaves to management. I don't see my spouse except on weekends- literally! The management is demeaning and critical. No moral, nothing to look forward to.
I've worked here for over 10yrs and it just keeps getting worse... So like someone said in another comment, if you don't mind being married to your work, then have at it!
Pros
Money
Cons
no life
Fairly decent job with good benefits.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 31, 2016
Typical day at work would be lifting/lowering on average 35 pound boxes and making walls.

Management is good depending on who the supervisor is, some know how what they're doing and others seems to have no idea.

Co-workers are generally good and friendly people, though almost no one seems to express any joy for being there.

Hardest part of the job would be the amount of boxes required to load per hour.

Though the most enjoyable part for me personally was the feeling of a good work out afterwards. I lost over 35 pounds working here.
Pros
4-5 hour shifts, good work out, weight loss.
Cons
Lifting heavy things for hours.
An intense workout-like atmosphere that allows managment and employes to exceed there limitations and be a better person for it
Loader/ Unloader/Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 31, 2016
The day always started out with stretching before we head into the trailers. The intensity of the day was an exciting aspect for me because of U.P.S I lost 125 pounds and I'm truly grateful. They taught me many things, but most important to them was the safety aspect as well as having a "never give up" attitude but the most important lesson that they taught me is too succeed in any workplace and I want to bring that intensity to your company.
Pros
Rapid Advancment, work-out like workplace, great benifits
Cons
N/A
Tough hours for preload, great if you are a driver
Loader, driver helper, and unloader (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 3, 2016
While the benefits are great the management for the lubbock facility barely knows what is going on. We were not evacuated during fires in the facility. we were told to clean up drivers urine bottles multiple times without proper gloves or equipment. Supervisors will smoke inside the building when their bosses are gone. If you are injured on the job, it is a long process in trying to report the injury. i was once told they didnt know how to file an injury report.
Hard Work!
International Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 6, 2016
I process all international packages that come into the building. I key all packages in and I also make sure that all packages have correct paperwork for customs.I run all reports at the end of every night and make sure that every invoice has been imaged for customs. My co-workers are great! We all work together as a team to make sure everything is done right. I think the hardest part of the job is waiting for the drivers to come in to process the package and make the outgoing trucks on time.
Pros
benifits!
Cons
part time work
United Parcel Service is a great place for hourly employees
Hazardous Material Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2016
While is started out as an hourly employee, I became a supervisor and held the job for over a decade. The job was great with fair compensation and opportunity until restructuring after 2008. Management employees became less compensated over time and opportunities became harder to obtain in the Phoenix, Arizona hub. The hardest part of the job was to motivate union employees every day and consistently achieve higher demands of production. I enjoyed UPS because of the stability of the job.
Pros
Job stability
Cons
It takes years to have opportunities become available to you
Loved it, but bad hours
Loader (Former Employee) –  PhoenixJune 7, 2016
I loved working here. People were great, job was difficult but enjoyable and saved on gym membership. Benefits were amazing. The only downside to working UPS is that in the summer there are no hours to go around. If I had stuck it out for another year or two so that I would have been making 12 an hour then maybe I could make ends meet only working 12 hours a week, but I couldn't do that early on.
Pros
Benefits are amazing, free food most Fridays
Cons
Hours sucked in the summer
Ups
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 10, 2016
UPS is a company with many opportunities for advancement and great benefits. The work is hard and the hours are short, but they offer compensation in many forms. Edcor is an education reimbursement program offered for those who want to pursue and education while working at UPS. At UPS teamwork is a key aspect in getting the job done well. The amount of work that needs to be done every day is enormous. Sometimes the work can become frustrating and that's why having a team that works together and encourages one another is so valuable at UPS.
Pros
Healthcare, Edcor, Work environment, Physical activity and Friendly
Cons
Phsically strenuous
It was good work experience
Package Handling (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 11, 2016
At UPS it was always a hassle I would load 2 trucks a day , the management was horrible they'll just destroy me in the truck with this guy we will have about 1500 loads every night maybe even 1700 sometimes my co-workers some would get the job done some would let everything pile up till I come down to the other side that was the most hardest part of the job & my 10 min break was more like 7 min that was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
free pizza
Cons
breaks