UPS
5,384 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

Fantastic Benefits!
Package Handler (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2014
Pros: fabulous insurance
Cons: not many understanding people if you need assistance
Working here is difficult because the work is hard.
Management is 50/50 on whether or not they are any count. Half of them do not care about you or your job and would just as soon scream at you as they would talk to you like a normal person.
Co-Workers are 50/50 also. It is a good thing to just come in, work, and go home. There is a lot of room for – more... drama otherwise.
I loved the people I was around, I just could no longer do the work and needed a full time job. The more involved you get the better your experience is. CHSP/CERC is a great idea for those of you interested! – less
Physically challenging, questionable rewards.
Suffolk Preloader (Former Employee), Farmingville, NYJuly 7, 2014
Pros: consistent work.
Cons: no breaks. extra hours worked are skimmed from paychecks. temporary workers will be temporary, despite what h.r. might say.
I worked as a temporary hire for the holiday season. The long and short of it is that management and H.R. are absolutely honest when they say that the work is physically challenging through your entire shift. Preloading is a tough position that many people can't stay doing because of the demands.

What they do not mention are the complete absence of – more... breaks during an eight (or more) hour shift if packages are still incoming. So too, many supervisors will cut minutes out of your paycheck, even if they were made from staying longer than the estimated shift because there was work still to be done.

I can see how USP got to where it is today. As expected, there is little pity or mercy for anyone hired on a temporary basis. – less
Part-time Great Benefits
Part-time Material Handler (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits, paid vacations, union supported
Cons: part-time pay was enough, weather conditions
Typical day at UPS is loading and unloaded package onto or off a freight truck.I learned the importance of being patient, how to properly load and unload trucks, also learned an extreme amount about safety.I was part of a safety committee. One of the greatest parts of worker for UPS was having co-workers that helped the day go by. The hardest part of – more... the job was dealing with changing weather conditions. I mostly enjoyed having weekends off, paid vacations, and my co-workers made this job enjoyable. – less
Fun job!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2014
Great people, great place and learned a lot from this job. Very friendly and uplifting.
Fun Place to work
Sale Associate (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 7, 2014
The work invironment is very poductive and fast paced, isnt for the faint of heart, you need to be able to mutilitask, work well with others (teamwork), Lots of customer service skill were optained. These jobs also give you a learning understandment of the parcile delivery world and all its trials that people have to deal with on a daily bases.
Great place for a person with no family.
Driver (Former Employee), Petoskey, MIJuly 7, 2014
Long hours, tough if you had a family . But also great pay and great benefits
Pretty much knew what to expect no suprises
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 7, 2014
Pros: fast past
Cons: n/a
Making sure UPS truck's were emptied by a certain time for
re-loading , if completed early when i worked the late shift .
LEARNING ON THE JOB
Hub Driver/ Set Up Crew (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJuly 6, 2014
I HAD THE COOLEST MANAGER AND CO-WORKERS WE HELP EACH OTHERS WHEN THE WORK GOT TO HEAVY. THE HARDEST WHEN EVERYONE RECEIVED A NEW TITLE AND YOU DON'T SEE THEM AT MUCH, MAKING NEW FRIENDS JUST LIKE BEING A FAMILY. I DRIVE HUBS TO THE PLANE AND HELP ALSO LOAD ON THE PLANE, I WAS ALSO TRAINED TO DEICE THE PLANE AND WAS CERTIFIED. LATER I GOT HIRED IN AS – more... A SET UP CREW LEADER, WHO MAKE SURE ALL TRUCKS, HUB CAR ETC... HAD GAS AND THE BELTS HAS HUBS READY TO BEGIN THE SHIFTS. – less
Promote from within based on time with company
Senior Segment Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2014
Very paternal, less flexible. Promote from within mentality which can be less diverse.
Operations
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Marion, OHJuly 6, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
I am responsible for the daily operation of the preload, as well as assist with daily dispatch of package car routes, error correction and supervision of 21-25 employees.
great work environment
Package Center Supervisor (Current Employee), baldwin parkJuly 6, 2014
enjoy working for them, great employees and just a place to work at
plesent company
Drivers Helper, Seasonal (Former Employee), Elmsford, NYJuly 6, 2014
Pros: lots of hours
everyone is friendly work is great you receive lots of hours and flexibility
I enjoyed getting to the meeting and following the plans. sometimes I had to improvise. Over all I loved my job.
Team leader Data Entry (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 5, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: different attitudes
A typical day at work was focusing on the task at hand, I enjoyed Problem solving and Team work. I learned Management is a process. My co-worker and I really wanted get and take care of business. The hardest Part of the job was when something didn't get completed on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I we had the confidence in getting – more... the job done before the deadline. – less
hated it
Package handler (Former Employee), dfw airport hubJuly 5, 2014
Not for normal people didn't like working conditions managers are so negative supervisors crack the whip and you work on there pace which is the pace of the belt your at,hate ups.
The UPS Store Clerk position
Clerk (Current Employee), Prattville, ALJuly 5, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: benefits
Packaging, Processing packages for shipments, Scheduling print jobs, Answering telephone calls and providing requested information, Operating large printers & wide-format printers, fax machines, computers, laminators, coil binding equipment, and much more.
Fun a serious work
Mail Processor (Former Employee), Durham, NCJuly 4, 2014
Pros: the money
Cons: staying there very late
A typical day will consist of a lot mail to process in not a certain time limit. Management try to make it fun and the co workers are nice and funny. The hardest park is peek season when ton and tons mail has to be process. The best part is the money.
Great place to work if you can keep up.
Loader (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INJuly 4, 2014
Pros: weekends and most holidays off
Cons: ten minute break, long wait for full time.
It is hard work, and the conditions or either hot or cold 8/12 months. If you are able to and tolerate part-time hours and a slow but steady wage increases, UPS pays off. The wait for full time is 6-8 years. I am optimistic that it will be worth the wait.
UPS PT-supervisor for Pre-load Dallas Hub
Part-Time Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 3, 2014
Pros: early retirement
Cons: no breaks, literally worked twice as long as getting paid
As a part-time Supervisor for UPS at the Dallas hub, it is a warehouse environment, meaning there are constant loud noises and banging all day. Because of this, all workers must yell at each other just to simply get there point across. I worked to Pre-load shift, which was from 1:00am-10:00am, and my boss put his personal problems out on the job and – more... threaten to replace me nearly everyday. I worked nine hours, five days a week but only got paid salary at 5.5 hours a shift. There are some advantages as I got a 401k plan and an Earn-to-Learn plan which paid $1,500 for my college. But over all the experience was poor and degrading. – less
Hard nights
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 3, 2014
I worked night shirt for school tuition compensation. The work was short but you never knew when you would be dismissed. it could be quite physical at times, especially during peak holiday season.
volunteer at events
Package Handler (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 2, 2014
enjoyed volunteering for the EOYDC met Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.. everything was just great I love to be able to give back

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more