UPS Employee Reviews

Found 14,616 reviews matching the search
Work hard
Training Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 29, 2017
UPS will pay you well, but they will work you hard. There are plenty of opportunities to grow in the company, and they usually hire within the company.
Decent entry job for college students
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 28, 2017
I literally only work here for the college reimbursement and the healthcare. Other than that this place isn't the best, but it is the best part time job in Louisville hands down when compared to the benefits that employees get.
Pros
Healthcare, raises, college tuition reimbursement
Cons
Third shift required to get college paid for
In the zone quick pace.
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 28, 2017
UPS was a very hardworking job but i enjoyed it. I learned the in's and out's of UPS warehouses. I didnt really get to communicate with my manager there because i was too busy working but he was a nice guy. The workplace was very 'in the zone' and quick place we really had no time to converse with other employees but i liked the work because im a hard worker.
Pros
good hours
Cons
15 minute break
Good
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 28, 2017
Took each box given to me by the driver to the right house. I worked about 5 hours every day. The work is a little bit physically demanding; the boxes can be a bit heavy. The driver I worked with was laid back. He picked me up every Mon-Fri at the same location.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Work no matter the weather.
Exciting and always a rush
Driver Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDApril 28, 2017
My short lived seasonal rush with UPS was truly an amazing one. To be hired as a driver assistant during the 2015/2016 holiday rush is easy since all you need to do is prove you're human, can meet the driver enroute, and pick up packages above 70 pounds.
The management is also easy has the "manager" is actually your driver. Hardest part of the job is the rush, after every shift you feel sore but this is compensated by the weekly paycheck which keeps your spirits high. What you'll learn from this is efficiency, safety, and organization skills. If you want to purse being a UPS truck driver that is something I did not look into.
Pros
Great pay, always getting hours, learn good skills
Cons
Hard to balance free time and work time, Long hours leave you sore and tired
Summary
Package Handler/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MO 63045April 28, 2017
I worked with the company for a while. The Hub in particular I worked for was poor in communication. The management lacked communication. Safety is priority but overall care of well being for employees was lacking. The hardest part of the job was getting the paper done while attempting to complete other various tasks. The best part of the job was working with my team of workers. The management provided me with the most stress. I enjoyed working with the people
Pros
Benefits, Tuition assistance, Stock. Gain Friendships
Cons
Physically Demanding. Stressful. Employee treatment
Fun workplace
Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 28, 2017
As a store manager at UPS it was wonderful to put my customers needs first, knowing my owner trusted myself to do all day to day operations. Employees were very happy to have me as there manager and knew they could also count on me to be a friend.
Pros
Cons
N/A
Very Demanding
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 28, 2017
UPS is a very challenging job. The pace of the job is very challenging. Work periods seem impossible due time limitations and internal focus on production.
benefits
Cons
very demanding production goals
It is a job.
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYApril 28, 2017
I feel like the client I work for was very misleading on opportunity for advancement. The orientation consisted of a lot of talk about moving up and these advancements only happening from within, but come to find out, they actually hire temps or contract out the majority of any advanced positions.
Stable company with multiple opportunities for advancement
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 28, 2017
UPS is a hard working company that promotes a team concept and a can-do attitude toward solving problems and meeting customers needs. In spite of being such a large company, there is definitely a close-knit team and family atmosphere that pervades.
Pros
Stable, secure company that rewards hard work and commitment
Cons
Hours can be long and expectations demanding, Still slowly shifting away from a top-down management style

Want to know more about UPS?

Ask a question
What can brown do for you?
Business Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2017
Fortune 500 company. Learned a great deal about logistics and transportation. Wish I had the opportunity to work in the aviation division of the company.
Very Fun
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHApril 28, 2017
my time with the drivers and management was very relaxed they all helped me when I needed it and was very understanding when it came to sensitive questions they will work with you but only if you let them
Pros
the whole jjob exsperiance
Cons
loaders over packing trucks, missloads
Good
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Rodeo, CAApril 27, 2017
I've breen here a long time and its hard work, hard to have a life outside of work. Your dirty everyday. The pay is ok but most come or stay for the benefits if you have childern.
Great for seasonal
Truck Loader and sorting (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 27, 2017
loading multiple trucks can be a burden but you will manage with coaching they give you. just apply the procedure that the managers shower you and you will be successful
GREAT company to work for hands down.
CSR - Supply Chain Post Sales Logistics (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2017
I enjoyed working for UPS, a typical day for me was coming in about 30 minutes before my shift started so I could log into all the programs I needed for the day. I liked the fact that at UPS we had a variety of people there, which means when we would have potlucks we could taste other cultures food. I also loved the fact that all levels of management had an open door policy from human resources to my immediate supervisor. The company is family oriented and also promoted healthy living, there were incentives like Employee Appreciation events, parking spot for a month, you could win UPS bucks to buy UPS logo items. We celebrated birthdays by decorating desks, we promoted from within, every year each employee would get 80 hours of discretionary to use at your discretion. These are just some of the highlights of working there, I could go on and on. Overall GREAT company.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
n/a
Ups
Sr. Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 27, 2017
UPS is a very large company with a lot of employees.
I learned a lot about coding and database design
Their IT department is sub par with so much bureaucracy to perform simple database tasks
Pros
flexible management
Cons
low pay
Hard work
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 27, 2017
Hard Job!
Good company
Prepare to work hard and receive 10,50 hourly.
The packages never end.
It's a good company to grow, if you want to grow!!!!!!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
15 minutes break
pretty cool job
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 27, 2017
stayed in the back of a truck for 4 hrs. just made boxes of walls. there were really nice people that worked there. the irregs were super heavy. i didn't really like this job.
Fast paced
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 27, 2017
A physically demanding job with great benefits and a 401 k plan. A fast paced environment and good for the body. Keeps you in shape. Alot of growth opportunity.
Pros
Benefits, overtime
Cons
Physical. Only part time
UPS Experience
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  90 Locust Street, Hartford, Connecticut 06114April 27, 2017
A typical day working at UPS is all set as soon as we enter the facility. I learned to respect safety policies as an individual in order to lift our awareness. Management has plenty of guides, people who look at the hopeful process in us being successfully involved in the work force, and not paid consequences for the newcomers foul demeanor, which is deemed likely. The workplace culture is outstanding, an open place for observation. The hardest part of the job is finding package numbers, as far as the address goes, and the special number UPS assigns. The most enjoyable part of the job is preparing everything right, then doing deliveries in order without digging through every package.
Pros
Free lunches, constant active movement, good pay, and basketball hoop.
Cons
None so far.

CEO Approval