UPS Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,767 reviews matching the search
Fun and fast paced
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 30, 2016
Pack tailors with boxes, then unpack tailors full of boxes.
Separate packages by zip code.
Managers are corporate.
If your not a supervisor, you are in a union.
Pros
short work day, decent pay
Cons
short breaks, benefits dont kick in for a few months.
Hard Work, Everyday is the same battle
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 30, 2016
It feels like an accomplishment to get through a shift, when you go back to work the next day, it's the same battle. Never feels like you've accomplished anything.
Fast paced job
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 29, 2016
I work with UPS Freight as a clerk and there's always something going on so there's never a dull moment. It's a fairly simple and straightforward job. I got trained in about 3 days, mainly on the basics, and I'm learning more from my supervisor every day.

A typical day is going to my computer and going over the paperwork for the truck drivers for the route that they'll be going on for the night. I answer the phones and dispatch the drivers out. There's almost always a mountain of paperwork to do so I'm constantly busy the whole 6 hour shift. The hardest part of the job is when I have to print off a lot of paperwork and distribute it around the dock while I already have a lot of paperwork to do at my desk, so I get behind pretty quickly.

The only thing is, I started only 3 weeks ago, but there really is no room for error. If you're late a minute, you get written up. A mistake, you get written up. If you work a minute over you're supposed to, you get written up. Three of them and you get fired. And this is for the first 45 days of employment until you get past the probationary period I guess it could be called. Getting vacation is pretty difficult as they need you there every day you're scheduled. All of the benefits are given after you work for a year, so that is something that I don't entirely like.

All in all though, it's a decent paying job that is never boring or dull and it seems like a good job for advancement as a lot of the supervisors/managers started off as a part time. I've never had an office job and I feel that this is a good way to get experience to something
  more... better. It's also a union job so there is always that job security that comes with being in one.  less
Pros
Fast paced, never bored, good experience
Cons
No benefits until a year, no break
Good company to work for
Package Car Driver (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 29, 2016
I was able to work for UPS and transfer from city to city. I worked as a package car driver from South Central Los Angeles to Aliso Viejo CA. The job is very physically demanding which is good and bad. Long daily overtime shifts
UPS Helper [Seasonal ]
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 29, 2016
Assist as a helper delving customer packages. Worked with various drivers and all where easy to work with. Would like to have one place to drive to work found it challenging to have to meet up with each driver and leaving my car in various parking lots for him to pick me up.
high paced
package handler (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 29, 2016
I liked it at first but then the environment changed I felt as if I should e making more than I was I approached management about that and still got no results
Pros
free snacks
Cons
temperature
Fun place, with great people.
Pre Loader/Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHMay 29, 2016
Hard work, but a great atmosphere where everyone has fun with each other. Very fast paced, but easy to grasp. things can get crazy during holidays, but you get holiday pay and overtime is pretty much guaranteed.
Pros
Great people, laid back culture.
Cons
Fast paced.
Very good place to work.
Electronic repair Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 29, 2016
The work was demanding, but the people, and management made up for it. The laptops needed parts most of the time, but we could not use a certain amount of parts.
If there was very little work to do in that section they would move us to another section.
Pros
Climate controled
Cons
They frowned upon useing parts.
Tough, unforgiving , but steady workplace
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXMay 28, 2016
Working at UPS for 3 years ,I felt that even though you could get used to the pace and strain of the work, It took too much of a toll on me, made me tired all day and when you had a bad day up there it was a really bad day.
Pros
wear whatever you want
Cons
steady, somewhat difficult labor
Omg
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 27, 2016
UPS hands down was the best job I have ever had. Words can't describe how great this place was to work for. They treated me like family and I appreciate that.
Pros
schedule, union, pay, management, and coworkers
fun enviroment
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMay 27, 2016
The first tee organization that will help the young generation develop their golf game and life skills as well through their nine core values which actually come into play almost everyday of our lives.
Pros
you play golf
Cons
nothing
Fast paced, fun work environment, great employee's
Seasonal Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHMay 27, 2016
I would love to go back and work for UPS at anytime. The hours to start are 3am to 9am only part time for a year before your in the union. There is about a 5 year wait to become a truck driver, which is what you need to make enough money to support a family. A day included running packages to and from the truck, scanning and updating the tracking info, and making sure safety is always your number one priority. Management was just my driver, he was a great guy and we actually became friends afterwords. The hardest part of my job was there is no stopping. You can work 10 hours straight with no restroom or lunch break. Favorite part of the job was the people who received the packages, the people i worked with and being outside all day.
Pros
The entire job itself is a pro.
Cons
Not being able to sop for 10 hours sometimes.
Fun, hard and always something new
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 27, 2016
I'm not sure if this review is going to mean much since the site seems to think I worked with UPS but I really just worked at a privately owned storefront franchise which is different. I enjoyed that every day was a different kind of job because different projects would come in. The work is pretty stressful though because there is a very low margin for error and you are held accountable.
Good physical work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYMay 27, 2016
Fast paced work,I t was like getting paid to work out. Full insurance after 1 year. 25 hrs/week. Line always started on time, workers stayed until all packages were loaded. So some nights longer than others. Good employee interplay. Management too concerned about keeping the belt running no matter what.
Pros
Good Teamwork
Cons
Rush, Rush, Rush
Very Busy environment but enjoyed working with the team
Operations Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 26, 2016
The office team was great to work with. I worked as an individual contributor. I learned team collaboration and customer service skills.
I didnt mind my job there, it was just part time and 3rd shift.
Third-Shift Dispatch Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 26, 2016
The job I had at UPS was a good job. I liked it, but it was just part time, and it is really hard to get on fulltime there.. The management is not that bad, they are fair.
good temporary job
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMay 26, 2016
if looking for a good starting job UPS would be suitable due to their health benefits, however if you get sick easily I wouldn't recommend, due to the lack of cleanlimess
Unorganized and chaotic workplace
Print Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 26, 2016
There were a few things that I liked about working at the UPS store. It was a family atmosphere. For the most part the owner was a nice person. However, my overall experience and impression of the UPS store was that it wasn't an ideal situation for me to work and grow as a graphic designer and print production associate. I quickly became worried about my growth as a professional. So I started looking for more professional places of employment.The little pay was the major deal breaker. I accepted the position under the impression that I would be the print production manager. But there was an existing print production manager who was the only one that could train me on all of the specific duties associated with the job. It was an awkward and irritating experience at times.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
No lunch breaks, Extremely rude, Pay
Its ok
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 25, 2016
The job was good and very busy during the holiday season. When "peak" arrived in March there was no more work. Would come in and not know what you would be working on. Most were sent out to different accounts to do the work they didn't want their employees doing. Would rather train new people every week then to make one current employee happy. Management was quite hands off and unprofessional. The pay was a joke. Tried advancing a few times with no luck so had to move on.
Pros
Cons
compensation
load packages in truck
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 25, 2016
i have make a lot of new friends there and we have fun working together everyday. Summer was the hardest part to work at ups.
Pros
drink anytime. eat anytime.
Cons
short brake