UPS
5,496 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

Lead Trainer/Cashier (Former Employee), Katy, TXJuly 23, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, ever work late, and sundays always off
Cons: no benefits
Working at UPS taught me a lot about logistics and management. I trained new employees. I enjoyed the flexible hours as well. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to communicate with new people everyday. I also was able to build new relationships with the employees and customers. It was a great job.
productive workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee), Shiloh, ILJuly 23, 2014
Managment was very knowledgeable, work was always productive
a job where you never stand around
part time air driver (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILJuly 23, 2014
really like this job, great place for job advancement, good work hours. well known company.
Grat service
Supervisor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 23, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: stagnent with raises
Excellent company to work for. Over all company not good with employee recognition
Productive and fun
Asistant Delivery (Former Employee), Billings, MTJuly 23, 2014
Pros: learning new things for the job, and meeting new people on the way.
Cons: having the job only seasonaly.
A typical day at work for me, was exciting, even though we did the same thing and had the same route everyday, it was fun.
It taught me to be on time, being as it was a seasonal job, in December. You had to be ready to move fast.
The first day I started, I was slow at it. My co-worker had patience for me, even though you had to be on schedule, he took – more... the time to show me how to Deliver important packages properly. I did my best.
The hardest part of that job was, walking on ice, carrying a package(s) and still trying to stay on schedule.
The most enjoyable part of being able to help the delivery man make his stops was getting out of my comfort zone and accomplishing my task every time. – less
Relaxed customer service oriented position.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Bloomington, INJuly 23, 2014
Typically spend the day packing and shipping packages for customers, which includes creating shipping labels with accurate shipping information for customers. Also serve as a customer mailbox location.
Hectic
Package Handler (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJJuly 23, 2014
Here you have to be able to work hard and fast. It`s an ok job in this area but there are better ones. My co-workers were nice and most of the management too.
Fast Pace work place.
Preloader (Current Employee), Lauderhill, FLJuly 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short hours of work.
Fast pace work with quick decisions to make. Multi-tasking and the ability to work at a fast pace. Management strict and somewhat fair. Co-workers most are team players. The hardest part of the job is peak season (Oct.- Dec.) The most enjoyable part of the job is no mis-loads and seeing the customers receiving their packages intact.
Good short-term job.
Package Handler (Former Employee), Hodgkins, ILJuly 23, 2014
If you are going to college, it's a good place to earn while you learn.
Excellent work environment with great benefits
Reloading (Current Employee), Johnstown, PAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: the benefit package
Cons: would like more hours
I start work at 5 PM scan packages from local businesses and sort them to their respected destination and usually leave work at 9:15 PM. I learned the value of teamwork and how to interact with others. My managers are very skilled in their fields and know what needs to be done to run the center properly. My co-workers are easy to get along with and – more... are well prepared and able to complete their jobs. The hardest part of the job is sorting the amount of package volume within the company limits. I enjoy mostly everything about the job even the difficult parts. – less
very productive
Supervisor (Current Employee), ILJuly 22, 2014
Maintaining appropriate reports/documentation including reporting production cards, processing necessary paperwork for spec changes and studying and documenting work processes for potential improvement activities. Ensure all employees are adhering to the companies’ quality standards and meeting our goal of 100% on-time delivery and zero defects.
Loader (Former Employee), Middleburg Hts. OHJuly 22, 2014
Loaded packages into semi-trucks at about 500 packages pre hour, checked for damaged or leaking packages, and stopped the belt if there was a jam and went to fix it.
Delivery Driver
Package Delivery Driver (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 22, 2014
Job was ok. Wanted more out of a job. Learned more time management skills. co-workers were ok, the management could of been better
Productive fast paced
Preloader (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2014
load and unload freight trucks, preloader UPS deliver trucks
learned how to use the scanner
co workers where helpful when I needed a hand
the hardest past of the job is rush hour
the most enjoyable part of the job was preloading the trucks
Terrible owner who only cares about her income
Sales associate (Former Employee), Round rockJuly 22, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything including management
Everything about this job was terrible. Starts at a low wage with many unfulfilled promises from your management team. The owner and managers only care about themselves and their customers and how much they make for their own pocketbooks. The owner drives a brand new Mercedes and dodge challenger and doesn't want to even give employees any benefits.
DO – more... NOT APPLY HERE IF YOU RESPECT YOURSELF – less
ups
Sorter (Current Employee), Chicago,ILJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: part time
Great company good benefits only con is that is a part time. I have learned how to be more of a team player and how to take constructive criticism and apply it to my job
Great work place felt like an important part of an team
Loader (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJuly 21, 2014
I must say that this was the most physically demanding jobs, but i loved it. I worked with different personalities everyday. It was an active shift everyday.
Worked with a great driver and had an enjoyable time at this temporary job.
Seasonal Driver Helper, UPS (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDJuly 21, 2014
Pros: picked up near where i lived.
Cons: the weather, and dogs.
Helping the driver scan and deliver packages during the Christmas season. Learned how to use the driver tablet to scan packages at point of delivery, obtaining signatures when required. Did not interact with management much but, UPS is a well ran company. Only worked with two different drivers and, both were great to work with. The weather and the occasional – more... dog were the worst part of the job. Not all dogs are bad though. Had a couple really nice ones on the route. The best part of this job was delivering package to customers at Christmastime so, you helped bring joy into their household by delivering Christmas gifts. – less
Slave labor with low pay but great fringe benefits.
Loader (Current Employee), Louisville KentuckyJuly 21, 2014
Pros: excellent insurance, metro-college program
Cons: long wages, body damaging work, loud
Worked midnight shift. Hard labor with little pay. After 7 years I only make $260 a week. Hard to time second job or school during late November and all of December. All workers become full-time during this time because of peak season. Many will double-shift during December and it is very possible to make a quarter of your annual income because that – more... is the only time of the year to make money. It is a job where the benefits (Insurance, College program) greatly outweigh the income. – less
Productive and Flexible.
Dockworker and Package Handler (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 21, 2014
A typical you would come in and unload packages from trailer and load as well. The hardest part with this job were the weather conditions but after a while you will get use to it. The reason I loved this job was because of the stability and not much change!

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more