UPS
7,276 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

Lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks
Package Handler (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great benefits after a year
Cons: Extremely hard work and not enough respect towards employees.
I was told UPS was a hard job, it was true. Being a package handler in the a.m. shift I would start work at 3 am everyday except weekends usually loading 3 trucks. Every employee that worked there for at least a year told all new people to not work too hard because if you do they will just give you more work. They were right, the harder you work the more they gave you and sent people home early. Anything to save a dollar. UPS is a great company but poorly run by management. I seen 12 people quit in the one year I worked there and that was just on my line alone, more than 30 in the entire building. The job was physically draining. If you think I'm lying, apply as a package handler. Funny thing is when your doing the tour for the job they try to scare you a bit by saying things like "if you like to being behind and never being caught up this jobs for you" or "most people quit in the first couple weeks" The stress and physical strain is not worth it or the money unless you need benefits for yourself or family that's the main reason people stay there. Pay is good if you stay a couple years just not worth what you go through.
Very productive work environment, also very professional.
Seasonal Helper (Former Employee), Elkton, MDMarch 27, 2015
A typical day at work would involve me meeting my driver at a set location to be picked up by the box truck. From there we would deliver packages to their customer's. The job was pretty enjoyable for the most part, i got to meet some very nice customers but the job had a down side as well, dogs.
Fun atmosphere and Great People
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 27, 2015
Each day with UPS was a learning experience. I learned how to keep track of packages and the customer they belonged to. I'm still impressed with each drivers spirit and how we were able to work together to accomplish each daily goal. The hardest part was leaving my last day as a Driver Helper.
1 day assignment led to permanent part-time with benefits
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great supervisors
Cons: Working at night really SUCKS!
Worked as a data entry operator on night shift to create information to produce checks to manufacturers. Great company to be employed especially the full-time benefit package.
Overall good temporary work
Driver Assistant, Glen Arm (Former Employee), TimoniumMarch 27, 2015
Pros: uniform was warm
Cons: No breaks, no on truck facility
The company was fair but took over a week to get a uniform, so I felt very unprofessional and nervous to walk around communities as such.
Very Fun fast paced
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Fishersville, VAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Fast pace
Cons: Cold weather
Fast paced. The drivers are very friendly. I would deliver about 75-100 boxes day. Usually work about four hour shifts. Good management.
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXMarch 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches
When working for the UPS speed is a top priority as well as safety.I learned how to deal with customers on a daily basis management is quick on responding to any questions or problems.The coworkers are friendly there is no hard part on the job.
Excellent Benefits but not much more
Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee), Laredo, TXMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Excellent pay and benefits
Cons: lack of training, unrealistic goals, offensive work environment.
United Parcel Service offers it employees and exceptional benefits attraction as well as pay scale. The company does however have a large amount of room for improvement for treatment of employees and creating a legitimatly safe working environment that is necessary for any labor intensive operation. I did not have the opportunity to tour other facilities, however what I did witness in our facility was a lack of upper management leadership that demanded procedures related to employee safety and employee rights were followed. Unfortunately, our center sacrifieced its integrity for production. Upper management consistantly talked down to other employees using profanity and threats to achieve production.
Loved this company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Sylmar CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great pay, great benefits
Cons: Stresfull
This was the best company I have every worked for. They taught me everything I know. It wasn't easy by any means, but it was the best experience I've ever had. I had to leave because of an injury.
great place to work
Package handler, driver helper (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIMarch 27, 2015
if you are looking for great pay for the holidays I would say the UPS company long hours but it helps with Christmas its a fast pace some heavy packages but the job is great
As a long time employee
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Taylor, MIMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Better then average hourly pay and benefits
Cons: Long hours daily and lack of family life on weekdays.
I've seen the company go thru many changes in my 28 years. I enjoyed my relationship with my customers, and always tried to take care of their needs, but management expectations have become un-realistic and difficult to keep customer concern's as a priority.
Great environment
Package Handler (Current Employee), Mesquite, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: nothing i can think of
I love the work done at this organization. It recognized my work ethic and made me grateful to be apart of there growing organization.
A hard-working and fast paced work enviornment.
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Work out, provided water, fruit, and alot of benefits. Rewarded those who worked hard.
Cons: 10 minute break and they're coffee sucked.
A real hectic environment. Weeds the weak people out. Complainers and such of that sort. Great team job. Anyone with a strong motivated mindset could do it.
Rapid pace warehouse environment with possibilities for advancement
Front Line Hub Supervisor (Current Employee), Louisville KYMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Food provided during long sorts or meetings, strong sense of teamwork between employees, affordable benefits
Cons: Extremely long shifts in excess of 14 hours during peak months.
A typical day consists of managing a nightly package transport operation with an average of 11 unionized employees. While the basis of the operation is consistent, management is often challenged by outside circumstances (weather, staffing, operational malfunctions) to quickly and accurately send all packages to the correct destinations.

Very good source of experience for those who are new to management. The employees can be challenging, and the environment can get tense in high stress situations.

Upper management is mostly supportive of lower management goals and obstacles.

Your co-workers are the most enjoyable aspect of the job. The warehouse setting allows for a more relaxed attitude, and all co-workers become your friends and teammates.

The most difficult part of this job is an excess of nightly paperwork and maintaining employee certification compliance. The union employees experience a rapid turnover rate and it can become difficult to manage all training and certification compliance regulations.

The most enjoyable part of the job is mastering a particularly difficult area. Lining out an area of operation that has been struggling on a nightly basis is very rewarding.
UPS Freight
Logistic and Dispatcher Supervisor (Former Employee), Richfield, OHMarch 26, 2015
Not a good work life balance, enough said. This is not a good place to work if you have a family or outside interest. You never have a set schedule.
Great work environment.
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee), Durham, NCMarch 26, 2015
Your just a number. So dont keep all your eggs in one basket! i worked for 2 years for this company never missed a day and was laid off.
Constent steady paste, friendlty co-workers, and great benefits.
Package Handler (Former Employee), Hodgkins, IllinoisMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great college benefits
Cons: One 10 minute break a day.
A typical day at work would be only 4 hours. Co-workers/management were always willing to help.
What I learned at this job was patience and how to communicate better with people on a day to day bases.
Very good and positive environment.
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTMarch 25, 2015
I liked my co-worker very much and felt that we had a good connection and that is why we got our work done every night during the holidays.I also feel that it was a particular easy fun job.
UPS
Loader/Un-loader and Package Handler (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAMarch 25, 2015
• Handled the processing of all packages being exported from the facility.
• Maintained that all packages were being loaded properly and safely to their proper destinations
• The position involved continual lifting, lowering, and sliding packages that weighted 25 - 70 pounds.
• Ensured that the cargo was equally distributed and safety procedures were always observed and practiced
8 hours in 4.5
Driver Helper / Package Handler (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: You are working for medical, dental if your in the 90% package handler twilight shift
Cons: Fast paced, and heavy lifting. not to mention EVERYBODY has a hangover and I didn't, well not everyday, dang.
Fast-Paced Work environment with lots of things to learn for any new employee.

This was the job that I accepted. It was the worst experience in my career adventures. Cool place to work and burn as long as you can keep up your PPH. Its fool* of managers who are cracking the whip at these people loading these international trailers. Co-workers can be described as being in high school all over again (jocks,punks,nerds,hard actors,studious type,and teachers pets, which they will call "doggie's"), gotta learn there lingo XD

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more

UPS Salaries