UPS
6,743 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

Productive work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 27, 2015
Helping customers in all aspects of packing and shipping needs. Made a lot of friends through UPS with the benefit of a positive working environment. The hardest part was working the holiday rush and trying to get customers taken care of in a timely manner.
Your neighbor friendly store
Customer Service Representative/Package Handler (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2015
This place of business gave me the opportunity to meet and help different people and assist them with whatever needs that they required from making a copy
Delivering 220 to 350 packages, up to 60lbs daily
Driver's Helper (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 27, 2015
Delivered all packages securely and in a timely manner
Maintained and organized scanning and processing every package throughout the delivery process to the delegated addresses
Productive and fun work enviroment
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: it was fun
Cons: tough job
I delivered packages and lost weight. i met everyone around my town. I made customers days.
Driver helper
Driver helper (Former Employee), Palm Bay, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: no lunch
Cons: no breaks
Deliver the customer to the home. UPS only. I helping the driver to house only the package.
productive diverse environment
Adjuster (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 27, 2015
UPS is very diverse company.
The HR department could really benefit from a adequate training class. UPS has a high turnover rate and i would not recommend this a place of employment long term.
Safety oriented and production a must.
Package Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Laurel, MDJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: only promoted from within
Seasonal drivers have to wait for positions to open to become a full-time driver. This goes by seniority because this is a union job. The best people don't always get the job.
Fast paced wor, In and out.
Truck Loader/Sorter (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches you did your work and left holidays off
Cons: short breaks
Ups Was A GREAT job to work at. I got my exercise while I got my money at the same time, could have been any better. The only problem were thr hours I had first signed up for which was 1:30-3:00 A.M. Start time and ending at 9:00.
A Day at the Warehouse
Package Handler (Former Employee), Edenton, NCJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great pay and friendly co-workers
Cons: early mornings
We arrive at the warehouse around 4:30 a.m. We stretch and talk about what work we have ahead of us. Then we began opening the truck doors and unloading the packages on the conveyor belt so the other workers can properly place them on their trucks. Most days our workload is about 500 which means 5 whole trucks. No matter what time we get in we must be done by 9:00 when the drivers are ready to get on the road.
Good benefits, decent pay
Unloader (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: short break, really early hours
Hours are somewhat bad starting out. Management is very well. Employees are friendly and willing to help you in any way to get the job done. Hardest part of the job is working in the cold unloading semi trailers very early in the morning.
Okay
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: none really but the wage
Cons: no breaks
It's Okay, Simple Stuff, Mostly Getting On & Off A Truck Delivering Packages With The Driver.
diver helper
diver helper (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMJanuary 27, 2015
Being a driver helper for UPS was pretty easy, My job was just to help the driver deliver the packages to the current house. It was fast paced.Enjoyed the job because we were basically cruising to each house.
good place to work with great co-workers
Driver/Dock Worker (Former Employee), Forest Park, GAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits and pay.
Cons: crazy hours and days off are always changing.
Load and unload import-export freight.Pick up and deliver freight.Learned how to properly handle import-export freight.Upper management not concerned with employees.Immediate supervisors good people and easy to work for.Hardest part of job is breaking down air pallets.
Unload Trucks
Unload (Former Employee), Chester, VAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great workout
Cons: short break, high stress environment
Unload trucks filled with boxes, keeping safe and alert while handling heavy packages.
Controlled Chaos
Package Handler (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: room for promotion
Cons: outdoors
Early hours with large volume of packages come down the line quickly.
hard labor
Package Handler (Current Employee), Baldwin Park, CAJanuary 26, 2015
not much to say, it was hard work just for part time and i did that part time for way to long so i had to further my search for a full time job to provide for my growing family , the benifets where good but that was the only perks of the job
Productive and fast paced
Supervisor (Former Employee), North Syracuse, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great benifits /401k with great match / retirement
Cons: worked nights for over ten years / high pressure
I ran the air / international operations for ups. The job required constant learning, testing, and federal certifications as we shipped to 278 nations whose laws and bylines are constantly changing around the globe. Although this job was high pressure being based on an "on time network" of planes, trains, and automobiles that was seemingly impossible to accomplish we would complete our tasks at hand and somehow set the standard for other hubs around the nation to follow. I was proud to be apart of the team that gave Syracuse the number one rate and rank in the nation and helped sustained that spot for many more years to come. I honestly owe ups credit for the majority of the management and time management technics I use to this day. Their constant commitment to strive for nothing less than perfection in all aspects of their business from customer service to pioneering new logistics has created a smaller, more manageable world now able to get your letter or parcels from New York to China via super sonic jets in just eight hours if that's what you need. I would say that over all UPS is one of the most interesting and technologically advanced companies in the world and it was an honor to work and learn under there guidance and regime. I only left that position to focus on my day job as the GM of a growing company that unfortunately took up to much of my time to work nights anymore. I do miss the "action" there from time to time, always an adventure. I was responsible for crews of 8 to 50 employees depending on the many management roles I played there over the years, everything from on the job training to hours matrix and payroll. Safety, Quality, and Production were the companies higher order and motto and we upheld these standards with integrity and keen business sense that continues to hold true in this Forbs top 100 companies in the world.
Productive and informative workplace with great customer service
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: healthcare
As a sales associate at the UPS store, I work closely with customers to ensure all their needs are met to satisfaction. Whether it be, processing shipments, assisting in the use of printers, copiers, faxes, customer e-mail, packaging, etc. I work as a team member in completing customer service tasks with co-workers on a daily basis.
More on, some of the most challenging parts of the day are working to resolve any issues that escalate, such as a software malfunction or a wrongly processed shipment.
I enjoy meeting customer, store, and manager satisfaction! I have gained knowledge in critical thinking, ability to work in stressful environment, and use of decisive judgement. I exemplify excellent communication and leadership skills along with passion in quality care and for helping others.
Good times at UPS
Unloader/ Primary Sorter (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2015
Work could be fun or work could be hard. everyday was a different day.
How to unload and load tractors.
Working with management wasn't bad because we all worked together.
Working with co workers was a big team.
Nothing hard about the job when a team makes it easy.
Coming to work.
loud truck in traffic
Driver's Helper (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Most of the time it was boring. My driver and i used to finish the work pretty fast but some nights were cold and dark. The management wasn't good at all , atleast to me. My driver was cool.The hardest part was looking for addresses through a Trailer park at night. I enjoyed payday.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more