UPS Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,586 reviews matching the search
Great learning experience, challenges body and mind.
loader (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 28, 2016
A typical day at work consists of coming in around 5 pm to go all out for 4 hrs, lifting and organizing boxes. Your arms, chest and legs might give out on you but this challenges your endurance in which you will have to keep pushing forward until the end. As you get use to the job atmosphere your body becomes stronger and you are able to do the work more efficient.
Part time offered little pay, Union was more trouble then it was worth .
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTApril 28, 2016
Low pay. Few hours. Union wasn't helpful to me as a part timer. Benefits were good for the hours worked, but you cant make a living wage.

Waiting for better openings was dependent on seniority, so you could potentially wait a very long time for a decent job.
Pros
very physically demanding, fast paced.
Cons
few hours. low pay.
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 28, 2016
UPS was one of the best jobs ive worked for, the hardest part of the job was unloading the packages and loading them back up to another truck. everyone got along and worked as a team thats why i loved working there.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Unloading
Productive and fun work place
(UPS) Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 28, 2016
typical day consisted of arriving to my route and subsequently beginning to deliver packages and to help my driver in any other way possible
Highly Fast Pace with great team effort
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILApril 28, 2016
UPS was a seasonal job which I wish they had the room to keep me aboard, was sad to have to be layed off due to no work after peak season.
Pros
knowlegable and hard working co workers
Cons
was not tempeture controlled
Lively Work Enviroment
Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLApril 28, 2016
Got to meet many new people in the area around where I worked while delivering packages to residential and commercial areas.
Pros
Good Auto and Health Insurance
Cons
It was only a seasonal job
good second job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 27, 2016
Helped learn to work in a fast paced environment during the holidays under minimal supervision. good money for holiday work
Pros
good second income
Cons
overnight work
Not for the faint of heart. Physically Demanding
Logistics Handler (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 27, 2016
Perfect environment for an individual that is not afraid to work hard and sweat. Lots of room for moving up in the company.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Physically demanding
working at ups
Driver helper (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 27, 2016
On a typical day at work as a driver helper I woke up every morning at 7:00 am to be there for 8 am. We would do our routes from 8am- to about 10 at night.
Pros
good pay
Great job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 27, 2016
Fun fast paced job. Awesome pay if you do it right. If you're a college student stay to unloading and sorting and in three years sign a bid sheet for driving and there you go. 50k a year.
Fun Worlplace
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLApril 27, 2016
A typical day at the Hialeah location for UPS was very active and busy, but rewarding. I was always able to get help and good advise from leaders and co workers.
I enjoyed that at the end of the day I felt that I had done a good days job and would be adequately rewarded.
seasonal
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 27, 2016
I was a Seasonal employee. So, I was not there too long. Overall, my fellow co-workers were pleasant to work with. I would return if the option was given to me.
Productive, hard work non stop
Part time Plant Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 26, 2016
The job does not pay enough for all of the hard work unless you are full-time which is a hard position to get. Not enough hours given to make money.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Short breaks, not enough hours
Great place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2016
Ups. Is a great place to work at If the company desides to keep you. Great benefits..I was a seasonal worker at the time,But dont get me wrong its a lot of hard work
Pros
Great connecting
Cons
10, min brake
Fun Environment
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 26, 2016
I love my job. I am good at everything there. The hardest part is my co-workers and their attitudes.Management needs to get it together though. They have let up a bit too much in regards to people not showing up for work, or coming in late every day. These things should be fix or pretty soon we wont be able to run an operation.
Pros
I can wear whatever i want to work
Cons
The brakes are way to short
Not to good
Package Sorter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 26, 2016
Only recommend this kind of job for a high school student and not any one with a family aha needs to have good income for bills
Easy and fun
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAApril 26, 2016
Meet drivers at set locations, drive to each drop off location in UPS truck and unload packages to customers houses/Apt. or businesses.
Pros
Good workout while getting paid, get my foot in the door at UPS.
Cons
Seasonal, no benefits
Terrible
Fleet Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVApril 25, 2016
Great co-workers and terrible management. Being off work was the most enjoyable part of the day. Typical day at work was getting called several times throughout the night wondering what I was doing while I am on a 4+ hour job repairing a fleet vehicle.
Pros
Terrible management
Cons
Great co-workers and great compensation
UPS Review
Frontline Part-time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 25, 2016
A typical day for myself includes a high energy and intense operation. I am perfecting the art of handling multiple activities while leading the participating work force to our common goal of being safe, providing quality service to our customer, and remaining within a cost efficient sort span. I work within a very team oriented environment which is the most enjoyable part of the job. The most difficult part of the job is staying positive due to circumstances that can sometimes be outside of your control.
Pros
Internal competitions, team work, and Metro United Way Cookouts
Cons
Training, working conditions, and poor staffing
Difficult
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2016
This job is very hard and physical. The thing with this job you have to maintain and come to work everyday with a focus mind set. I really would not recommend this job only if you were looking for something part-time.