UPS Employee Reviews

Found 17,871 reviews matching the search
my experience at ups
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDSeptember 21, 2017
it is a face paced worked place to unload the trucks and then reload the tractor trailor, going out with the driver on his route was nice, it was a change of pace
Learning the Logistic Industry
Operations Supervisor/ Package Hander (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 21, 2017
Within this company I learned the business of Logistics from the bottom to the top. Starting as a loader, I was able to see first hand the movement of packages and the goals to keep UPS as one of the top logistical companies. I was able to learned how to work with individuals in a high paced environment and still get the best out of them.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
short hours
Packing mail in truck
worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2017
The management was poor went to another job working through a temporary so i relocated ......................................................it,was ok
High Stress but good for short term
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXSeptember 21, 2017
A very high stress environment, very poor management.

but,,,,, if you are good at looking ahead and planning what you need to do this is good for a short term position. This job offers time to look for something more.
Pros
Time to find a better position
Cons
terrible management
Corporate Games
Aircraft Structures Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 21, 2017
Crab in the barrel mentality. Cut backs only affect the managers and below. Everyone else is exempt from sacrifices needed to run the company. Truly a shame.
stressful
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 20, 2017
paid doesn't equate the stress load, management cant relate to employees, management knows less than casual employees, employees are always under duress
Great Company
Administrative assistant/ Accounts payable clerk (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDSeptember 20, 2017
Great company to work for with lots of benefits. The only reason I left was because I needed more money to sustain myself. My bills were bigger than my income so I had to leave.
Very fast pace and productive
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Great people to work with very well trained. Worth it the pay is great and you got the hours you deserve. Management took care of the place very well.
Fast paced but great pay and benefits
Package Car Driver (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHSeptember 20, 2017
Clock in for work at about 8:45am every monday-friday to be assigned a delivery route for the day. I learned extensive driver safety for all types of vehicles. Also learned how to manage my time properly and how to keep my body healthy. The management team was very strict but fair as long as you take your safety training seriously. The hardest part of driving for UPS was delivering all stops within the estimated time given while following all safety protocols. The best part of the job is the great pay, benefits and the guaranteed hours.
Pros
Benefits, Discounts, Hours, Pay
Cons
short breaks, stressful atmosphere
great
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MESeptember 20, 2017
It was great fun the person that o worked with was helpful I'm all ways to make it fun in safe at all times. The hardest part of the job was when you would get to someones house in the big dog was out side.
fast paced labor workplace enviornment
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILSeptember 20, 2017
meeting with management before going on the floor, checked to see what trucks I worked and break time. got the proper equipment to load my truck and started loading trucks walls the proper way from training
Poor manager makes or breaks the job.
UPS Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-St Paul ARS, MNSeptember 20, 2017
The job is quite stressful just from an account management side of the work. Getting new contracts approved by pricing is very difficult, unreasonable delays in securing existing and winning new business. Customers leave UPS as they perceive this as unprofessional and that UPS cares more about counting their money than helping customers with fair rates.

A manager who goes by the book but has little to no people skills is difficult to work for and with. UPS promotes to fill positions for diversity sake, not for ability or that it was 'earned'.

Copious amount of time is spent entering notes and shuffling account pipeline info and data around to appease management. CRM system is tedious and repetitive, lots of wasted time in this system, very robotic and takes the fun out of selling.
Pros
Autonomy, company name
Cons
High stress, no partnering feel with management and other areas of company.
Stressful work place
Unloader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2017
Working is Stressful you on make $100 or less a week, your back an attend to go out, The money is not helping towards rent if you have a home, I learn how to be quick and unload fast
The most hart part About this job is dealing with people mouths
I love the job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 20, 2017
I love the job it was truly and amazing place for me to spread my wings as a working man and learn what I am capable of the work environment is great and the supervisors do the best to make sure you understand what you're doing
Pros
It was great at all times
Cons
It's a lot of work but I can handle it
Good place to work for someone just starting out.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Since I was working at The UPS Store not corporate UPS there wasn't great pay or opportunity for advancement. It was a fun job if you can handle chaos and a very fast pace at times but the pay wasn't very competitive. I would recommend this job to someone younger who isn't working towards a career. It is perfect for a college kid looking to earn some extra money.

Typical day would be opening the store and answering phones, helping customers while creating their shipment and sometimes packaging their items. The most difficult part was when it got extremely busy and you were the only one there. You must be very good at multi tasking and ignoring distractions.
Its a hard job but the pay was good
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OH 43537September 20, 2017
When I was working at ups I was sweating like crazy, working there was a major workout that you got paid for. But eventually at the end of the week it was all worth it.
Pros
Lost 15 pounds
Cons
Hot trailers
Very Physically demanding but worth it!
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 20, 2017
A typical work day does not exist at ups. Everyday that you come in for the job, you will not know what to expect. Some days are smooth and some days are HARDCORE. Working here I learned that it is not all about muscles and strength. The strongest people here are the ones who are strong mentally. The management is not too strict unless the have to be on a specific person. the hardest part of this job is having the determination to finish a word day. the best part is when the day is done and you can say you just accomplished a hard day of work and.
people there was very nice
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 20, 2017
Working at Ups was nice at times . Everything had to be done with a timely mannor .Meet a lot of nice people. Was a very easy job at times but other time it did have to be finished quick over all a good experience .
Fast paced
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RISeptember 20, 2017
I would recommend a job to someone but I would tell them it involves a lot of heavy lifting and running around the job is based on scan per hour you have to have 200 or more scans per hour . To keep you out of trouble if your slow in scanning it's not the job for you. And the pay sucks for all that you do. And it's only a 3.5 hour shift. Per night Monday- Friday. 3rd shift 11:25pm-2:55am. And a great union.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lot of heavy lifting and running around
Fast pace and fun if you like constantly working
DELIVERY DRIVER HELPER (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCSeptember 20, 2017
If you like to work and nit slow down then I would recommend working here. I enjoyed working with the drivers the most. Especially during the holidays.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Short breaks