UPS Employee Reviews

Found 17,877 reviews matching the search
Expect to Work Hard
Safety Compliance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDSeptember 21, 2017
UPS is a great place to work depending on your age. It all starts off as part-time with times to pick up more hours. Low pay for new comers but good pay if promoted. Great job if your going to college they love that. Its hard physical work but ok if you pace yourself. Your open to the elements so expect to layer in the winter. They recognize people with UPS gear and food on the regular. Nothing but a relaxed environment instead of stuck up professional.
benefits
Productive place to work at
Pre-Loader (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 21, 2017
You meet alot of people and get great experience in a warehouse environment. I would do the preloading job again if i could. The company also has great benefits that come along with it.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 21, 2017
Management tells you time and time again to work safe. When the work area is not safe, they get upset when you aren't working fast enough. Packages are thrown and stepped on. It's seems that the only goal is to get packages loaded as fast as possible, no matter what happens to the employee or the packages.
Pros
Benefits and tuition reimbursement
fast paced hard working environment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 21, 2017
fast paced, hard working environment with overtime opportunities, very cold in the winter and exhausting in the summer, expect to sweat whether hot or cold.
Pros
break room
Cons
low pay
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Very fast pace, but very enjoyable. The culture made it better to work under the hot or/and cold conditions. I've learned to do what you really love, and if you like what your doing dont quit.
Pros
Hours
Cons
short breaks, hot, cold warehouse
harsh working environment
Pre-loader/Vacation Cover Driver (Former Employee) –  Maspeth, NYSeptember 21, 2017
UPS is a very harsh environment in which to work, 80 degree days meant 110 degrees at the back of the trucks. with that being said, UPS taught me great discipline & work ethic.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Terrible management
my experience at ups
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDSeptember 21, 2017
it is a face paced worked place to unload the trucks and then reload the tractor trailor, going out with the driver on his route was nice, it was a change of pace
Learning the Logistic Industry
Operations Supervisor/ Package Hander (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 21, 2017
Within this company I learned the business of Logistics from the bottom to the top. Starting as a loader, I was able to see first hand the movement of packages and the goals to keep UPS as one of the top logistical companies. I was able to learned how to work with individuals in a high paced environment and still get the best out of them.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
short hours
Packing mail in truck
worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2017
The management was poor went to another job working through a temporary so i relocated ......................................................it,was ok
High Stress but good for short term
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXSeptember 21, 2017
A very high stress environment, very poor management.

but,,,,, if you are good at looking ahead and planning what you need to do this is good for a short term position. This job offers time to look for something more.
Pros
Time to find a better position
Cons
terrible management
You will dream about packages
Industrial Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 20, 2017
With E commerce, UPS revolves around consumers and businesses. We knew when a new Harry Potter book came out or when everyone would send flowers to their moms for Mother's Day because it would be something to plan for. Best thing was if you tried something new and it didn't work, you could try something different the next day without lasting difficulty.
Pros
Varied opportunities
Cons
Would drive past three other UPS locations to get to mine, everyday.
stressful
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 20, 2017
paid doesn't equate the stress load, management cant relate to employees, management knows less than casual employees, employees are always under duress
Great Company
Administrative assistant/ Accounts payable clerk (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDSeptember 20, 2017
Great company to work for with lots of benefits. The only reason I left was because I needed more money to sustain myself. My bills were bigger than my income so I had to leave.
Very fast pace and productive
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Great people to work with very well trained. Worth it the pay is great and you got the hours you deserve. Management took care of the place very well.
Fast paced but great pay and benefits
Package Car Driver (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHSeptember 20, 2017
Clock in for work at about 8:45am every monday-friday to be assigned a delivery route for the day. I learned extensive driver safety for all types of vehicles. Also learned how to manage my time properly and how to keep my body healthy. The management team was very strict but fair as long as you take your safety training seriously. The hardest part of driving for UPS was delivering all stops within the estimated time given while following all safety protocols. The best part of the job is the great pay, benefits and the guaranteed hours.
Pros
Benefits, Discounts, Hours, Pay
Cons
short breaks, stressful atmosphere
great
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MESeptember 20, 2017
It was great fun the person that o worked with was helpful I'm all ways to make it fun in safe at all times. The hardest part of the job was when you would get to someones house in the big dog was out side.
fast paced labor workplace enviornment
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILSeptember 20, 2017
meeting with management before going on the floor, checked to see what trucks I worked and break time. got the proper equipment to load my truck and started loading trucks walls the proper way from training
Poor manager makes or breaks the job.
UPS Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-St Paul ARS, MNSeptember 20, 2017
The job is quite stressful just from an account management side of the work. Getting new contracts approved by pricing is very difficult, unreasonable delays in securing existing and winning new business. Customers leave UPS as they perceive this as unprofessional and that UPS cares more about counting their money than helping customers with fair rates.

A manager who goes by the book but has little to no people skills is difficult to work for and with. UPS promotes to fill positions for diversity sake, not for ability or that it was 'earned'.

Copious amount of time is spent entering notes and shuffling account pipeline info and data around to appease management. CRM system is tedious and repetitive, lots of wasted time in this system, very robotic and takes the fun out of selling.
Pros
Autonomy, company name
Cons
High stress, no partnering feel with management and other areas of company.
Stressful work place
Unloader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2017
Working is Stressful you on make $100 or less a week, your back an attend to go out, The money is not helping towards rent if you have a home, I learn how to be quick and unload fast
The most hart part About this job is dealing with people mouths
I love the job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 20, 2017
I love the job it was truly and amazing place for me to spread my wings as a working man and learn what I am capable of the work environment is great and the supervisors do the best to make sure you understand what you're doing
Pros
It was great at all times
Cons
It's a lot of work but I can handle it