UPS Employee Reviews

Found 11,982 reviews matching the search
Productive workplace
Assistant Manager Retail (Current Employee) –  Darien, CTDecember 9, 2016
Most of my co-workers and manager were helpful and friendly. I learned how to help run a store. It was just unfortunate that I worked full time 40 hour weeks with no benefits.
Poor supervision and instruction of supervisors
Bag Handler and Sorter (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDDecember 8, 2016
There are many location that are not managed well including the warehouse I used to work for. The work load for the company is not properly distributed. There are good benefits that come with working with the company including discounts and annual paid leave
Pros
Paid yearly leave
Cons
Unorganized Management
Work place that definitely keeps you on your toes.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GADecember 8, 2016
I learned to design graphics on short notice as many customers came in wanting print jobs done same day. I also learned how difficult Microsoft Publisher can be to work with.
productive and physical work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 8, 2016
very physical job loved the workout great work place management was very detailed great overtime potential easy commute they also have a shuttle to take you from penn station to the job site
Pros
great overtime and great work place
Cons
warehouse hot in the summer and freezing in the winter
seasonal postion
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Springfield, NYDecember 8, 2016
I gained a lot of maturity and patience working in the ups franchise it was very hard to get use to but after my first two weeks I felt like a pro .I would always recommend ups to any of my associate
Pros
flexibility with hours
Cons
short breaks
More work less life balance
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 8, 2016
The work always comes first before your life balance. Once you fill a position they do not let you advance until they find a replacement which could take a very long time. I notice those who make errors get promotions. The union comes first and they are highly paid drivers and full time hub workers. As for management be a specialist or a full time supervisor. Otherwise you become a manager and your really their work slave with a little more money. I wonder how they expect people to fill PT supervisor positions positions with so little pay. Most of all they tell you what you wanna hear and lie to you so that you stay at the company. Leadership is a total joke. If your in any type of PT supervisor, specialist, or admin position, and try to join the union just forget it its very hard to go drive to make the real money. They place so much work on you with little pay in management. If you were management in the 90s and are still there then your good. Otherwise management careers are a joke unless you move high up.
Pros
You get to get good experience
Cons
They play favoritism when they promote employees.
Hard work if u are up to it
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 8, 2016
I worked at ups for 4 years at the most busy spot there and that really helped me out n the long run cause I don't get Frustrated at hard work just put my head down and just work
Pros
The people
Cons
Hours and pay
patients is a virtue
Operations Supervisor, Outbound Midnight Sort (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MADecember 7, 2016
if you stay hourly, union dues of 50$ isnt that bad compared to what you get. patients is required in order to get advancement

going into management is not worth compensation.college degree and willingness to play into company politics are necessary for advancement
Very nice environment
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 7, 2016
it was nice working there, time seemed to go pretty fast as you keep yourself busy doing every task assigned to do. Good people and helpful managers
Decent
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INDecember 7, 2016
Over all this is a fun job. Lots of running and very tiring. The few drivers I had been with were ok. They give you a call asking if you can work and if you can they give you a time and a place to meet. The one thing I really dont like about it is you never know when you're going to work. Could be Monday, Tuesday and Friday for 2 hours each day or it can be Mon-Fri 8 hours a day.
Pros
Riding in the truck, meeting people
Cons
Random schedules
Was a nice place.
CDL Class A Driver PTX (Former Employee) –  Rivera beach fl.December 7, 2016
This is a big name company that have little regard for it people. The benefits are minima a best. The pay is good but thats it.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No regards for employed.
awesome work environment busy but clean and safe.
PACKAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXDecember 7, 2016
A typical day would include assisting customers. Such as, shipping items, notary services, fingerprint services, and packaging orders. I was able to move up the ladder by becoming a Notary and Livescan Technician. I had an amazing manager who was helpful in every situation. Most enjoyable part was the customers and supportive manager.
a safe and friendly environment.
package handler (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 7, 2016
i loved working for ups i did it 4 years seasonal.but they never hit me back up to come back the hardest thing was when they did not call me back because i fell in love with my job. the most enjoyable part of the job was going out and delivery packages and seeing the clients faces when it gets there.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLDecember 7, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of me helping the driver deliver packages to the different addresses we had. I learned that every customer had a different amount of packages. The management was very poor. You never knew when you were going to work the next day.
Get ready to sweat
Loading Associate (Former Employee) –  Salina, KS 67401December 7, 2016
I was an unloader in the hub. In the summer it was hot, and in the winter cold. We unloaded packages at a fast pace and there were days I'd get home and wring the sweat out of my clothes.
The benefits were great, but you did end up as a Teamster union worker.
Great career opportunities.
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 6, 2016
UPS is a great career choice for those who want to move up within the business. My experience was great there, you will always get noticed for your hard work.
A job with promises
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CADecember 6, 2016
A typical day would include assisting customers. Such as, shipping items, notary services, fingerprint services, and packaging orders. I was able to move up the ladder by becoming a Notary and Livescan Technician. I had an amazing manager who was helpful in every situation. Most enjoyable part was the customers and supportive manager,
Pros
Many oppurtunities
Cons
Lack of help or communication from owner of business
Okau
Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MADecember 6, 2016
The work is demanding, the people were friendly, and the job was not safe. The will give you classes on how to effectively do your job and you are paid for taking the class.
Cons
Minimum wage, back breaking work, parking is a serious issue
productive in some areas
Smalls Sort PT supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is actually getting to know all the different peoples I come across and interact with. I've learned that you are accountable for your own responsibilities.
Easy Job
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2016
This is a easy job. They offer good pay with good benefits. There are also a lot of people with a lot of different personalities.