UPS
6,304 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

The worst
Service Provider (Former Employee), Hammond, INDecember 15, 2014
I had terrible experience there, the management is strictly focused on firing ppl unless you are bottom kisser. It is a place where corporate greed and stealing time off of time card by management is allowed by IBT. Would not advise anyone to work there.
Great Workout
Local Sort and International Package Handler (Former Employee), Willmar, MNDecember 15, 2014
Pros: workout
Cons: part time
Fast pace with a workout built into a normal day of work. International codes and working with a diverse group of people
very fast paced environment
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee), Media, PADecember 15, 2014
Lots of packages , but being in Small sorts was very interesting and gave a good understanding of how packaging gets around the world.
Challenging Job
Supervisor (Former Employee), Madison Heights, MIDecember 15, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: work enviroment
Great benefits, stress on performance made place a bit too much to deal with.
Hard working facility with little enjoyment
HUB SORTER/PACKAGE HANDLER (Current Employee), New YorkDecember 15, 2014
Pros: no dress code. must have boots
Cons: short breaks
UPS has helped me to build character and strength. It can be very stressful at times but getting over that stress just builds u up. the job is not meant for the mentally weak. my co-workers keep me sane
The best place to work in the United States
LAN AND TELECOMMUNICATION TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Mahwah, New JerseyDecember 15, 2014
Pros: great people, benefits and opportunities for advancement
Every company pales in comparison to UPS. They are dedicated to your success as an employee. They provide incredible training and really care about their people. It is a supportive, friendly environment and I wanted to go to work each day.
Worked for STAFFMARK
Mail Processor (Former Employee), Windsor, CTDecember 14, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: breaks, breathing in dust, lousy managers
The staffmark division of UPS is very lousy. They get attitudes when you miss a day, as if you're whole life revolves around their mail processors. When you take a day off, expect to be taken off the schedule, FOR AT LEAST TWO DAYS. I knew that my time was worth more than $9.00 and I didn't deserve to be treated like a slave by these people, so I just – more... left. They even moved our breaks back an hour JUST TO INCREASE THEIR PRODUCTION. C'mon man, that was one of the best parts of the day. – less
UPS
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: walking
I liked working for UPS. I learned how to unload and load bens and trailer trucks. Management team and the coworkers we're very helpful and caring. The hardest part about working there having to unload bens and putting packages onto a belt within a certain amount of time. I enjoyed working there.
Hard work but rewarding
Sorter (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 14, 2014
Pros: good shift hourse and flexible with schedule
Cons: get dirty and bad for back if lift improperly
This was a temporary position.
It was very difficult to complete. You get very dirty. Lots of heavy lifting.
I learned how to stock boxes onto a big rig for delivery.

Hours were great.
Benefits and promotions are available if with company for a long period of time.

I was indecisive about my career, so being here temporarily allowed me to think and – more... get paid at the same time.

Very flexible hours and convenient to work my household according to my schedule. – less
what i learned and liked about my time at ups
retired (Former Employee), West Chester, PADecember 14, 2014
Pros: good salery, good benifets
Cons: keeping up all the time, you had to be fast and eficent.
organization skills to the max, where and how packages were loaded on my truck. to insure prompt delivery

working with other drivers on and off the delivery rout to give the best
service to customers.

Christmas time, getting the packages to the homes even very late at night sometimes, was a good feeling.

management could be tough at times, but ups – more... is a demanding job.

I liked my job with ups and enjoyed serving my customers. – less
Good Company
Driver Helper (Current Employee), Bristol, VADecember 14, 2014
You get to meet a lot of different people on your routes. It is a fast paced environment. They truly do care about your overall safety while on your routes.
Not necessarily terrible, but there are better jobs.
Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee), Maspeth, NYDecember 13, 2014
Pros: positions seem to be in constant demand, so if you apply, you should get hired quickly, it is a good opportunity to see what you can do and how much you can handle
Cons: long hours, relatively low pay, the driver may get on your nerves, your training will be on-the-job
A typical day began with a phone call notifying you that you were needed, typically giving you an hour and a half to arrive there. Though, if you know how long your commute is, chances are that you will already be gone. After waiting in the garage with the other drivers and helpers, you and your driver will leave, arrive at the first stop of the driver's – more... route and begin. Aside from a few deliveries that only the driver can do, you will be delivering packages with the driver, and by delivering, I mean as the drivers typically do. You will scan the package, receive signatures and post absence stickers if required.

The main downside to this is that you will learn how to use the scanning device (DIAD) on the job because despite there being an orientation that will inform you of ethical and safety guidelines, there is nothing that prepares you for the use of the DIAD, which while user-friendly, is not something that should ideally be learned on-the-job, especially when it's a job that requires you to be fast.

What I mean by fast, is that you will be doing this job at a time when drivers are overwhelmed by the large amount of packages, since it's during the holiday season, so depending on the driver you get, you could be constantly told to hurry up despite the lack of training you are given prior to being paired with the driver.

Another downside, depending on whether or not you want to call it one are the hours. Despite what the website may tell you, you will be working around 10 hours a day Monday-Friday, though it does mean that you will get overtime pay, you won't get home until late at night, So you will end up waking up early and getting home late, and at the amount that you are paid, unless you absolutely need it, I don't think it's worth it. Also you need to bundle up because the jacket and pants that UPS provides do not do much in the cold.

If I were to give a positive, it's that you are given the opportunity to see how well you can learn new things on-the-job.

I'm sorry that this review is wordy, but I wanted to give as accurate a description as I could, bottom line, if you need money, go ahead, but if you have room to negotiate, look for something else. – less
great place
Yard Hostler (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 13, 2014
I gained valuable experience working at UPS. I quickly became the go to person on getting the yard ready on Sunday night work.
Fastpaced and enjoyable place to work.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CADecember 12, 2014
Pros: always kept me busy; great learning enviornment
Cons: not full time
Continuous orders to complete, always kept me busy. Enjoyable and productive people to work with. Approachable management with superior work ethic. Was hoping there would be more work hours provided.
It's a postive and upbuilding place to grow as an individual.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Hickory, NCDecember 12, 2014
Pros: always learning new ways to improved.
Cons: no healthcare
A typical day at work is to make sure you greet the customer with a smile and listen to their needs. Their needs can be just a few simple prints to customized two big boxes together to fit their item. This fast pace business has taught me to how to be creative and improved on my customer service skills. It has also taught me how to make decisions on – more... my own or work as a team player. I've supervised four staff and has helped each one to solved issue or find ways to improved to meet customer satisfaction. Most importantly, is to be well organized in a work environment and be self motivated. The hardest part of the job is to make sure all jobs ordered are completed on time. The most enjoyable part of the job is customer satisfaction. – less
Productivity is required
Dock Worker/Floor Leader (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisDecember 12, 2014
Pros: good place to start, build charter
Cons: over worked for the pay
Team Member
Organizing boxes for shipment
Reviewing document for accuracy
Productive and busy enviornment
stoocking (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 12, 2014
very fast pace, teamwork is key, a lot of lifting was involved with this job
Energetic
Package Handler (Seasonal Driver Helper) (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2014
The people work as a team. You remain in shape because you are steady moving delivering packages.
Excellent Company
Package Handler (Current Employee), Chipley, FLDecember 11, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling, weekly pay, etc.
Cons: lack of job security
The people I work with are phenomenal! They truly make this company a business worth starting a career in. I have learned so much, and would love to stay after peak season is over. I spend just a few hours with them each afternoon and feel like my work is appreciated. It's hard labor, but well worth it.
fast paced good work out
Loader (Former Employee), Spokane, WADecember 11, 2014
I would load 3000 packages in a typical night. The packages would range from 5lbs to 150lbs. This job gave me what I needed for the time being. I worked at night, that made me a zombie. hardest part of the job was getting up at 10:00pm to go to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with my coworkers.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more