UPS Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,926 reviews matching the search
Work place
Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) –  WINDSORLOCKS,CTJune 25, 2016
Great place to work.All departments worked together to get the job done.The people from the top down were great to work with and working on airplanes was my mission in the work place
Pros
GREAT BENIFITS
Cons
NIGHT SHIFT WORK
Supervisor
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 25, 2016
Great company to work for. Flexible hours, which sometimes can be long hours. On call 24/7. Employees are great to work with and very dependable,
Productive in package handling
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2016
Great place to work for additional cash.
Four hour shift only
Management is great
Weather challenges
It is a great way to keep in shape
Pros
4 hour shift
Cons
hourly rate
fun and productive
Air Ramp (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXJune 24, 2016
Being able to learn and focus on task at hand and expand my work ethic to further broaden my horizons for the future. Finding ways to stay productive and stable.
Pros
Able to move around and stay active.
Cons
Bad weather conditions
very productive facility with a lot of benefits and recognition
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJune 23, 2016
A typical would be multitasking paperwork. Doing service tests on employees every hour and updating trailer percentages every half hour and spending time with your employees for at least 5 to 10 minutes at a time. I have learned over 19 years of service that you must earn the resoect of your people in order to get respect of your employees and you must learn to listen to your employees when a problem arises.The upper management is ok. Some of them needs to be trusted and more helpful in advanced placement. Most of my co-workers are great people and fun to be around. the hardest part of the job is maintain consistency of good numbers because it fluctuates depending on the new employees etc. The enjoyable part of the job is being off on the weekends.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Short breaks, part-time hours.
Management work is hard, not much positive reinforcement.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHJune 23, 2016
Starting out not many hours. 10 bucks an hour starting off with decent incentives. Becoming a part time supervisor is attainable but it gets bad after that. Get yelled at everyday for stuff you can't control. Everything that happens is your fault, just gets old. You dont get paid for all the time you work. Especially at the toledo hub. only 10 minute break.
Pros
decent pay and incentives.
Cons
bad management, don't get paid for hours
Relaxed but productive environment
Facilities Engineerig Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 23, 2016
A typical day at work is anything but typical in the data center environment. My day can range from managing projects and drawings to addressing equipment failures and coming up with solutions. I learned that paying attention to detail is very critical in every aspect in an environment where there is no room for error. I had a great relationship my co-workers. What I enjoyed most about the job is the day to day challenge of operating a data center to keep my mind stimulated.
Pros
Great time flexibility
Cons
No room for advancement
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJune 23, 2016
I enjoyed the position, great drivers and benefits.

Typical work day:
receives, screens, and route over 400 incoming calls plus other electronic correspondence; pass out over 100 job assignments to drivers; as well as, completing all necessary forms, log documents into the system and route them to the appropriate parties. This department was central center for 7 department.

Learning Experience:
Shipping, union policies, proper handling issues, situations and circumstances. I learned something new everyday.

Management/Coworkers
Open door policy. I work as directed

Hardest part:
Working with people who don't take pride in their work performance and office conduct code.

Enjoyable part:
working well with a team
Pros
Fortune 500 Company
Cons
healthcare, stock
Very physically demanding, yet there's always a high sense of accomplishment at the end of the night.
Loader (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 23, 2016
Being a loader at UPS you're basically getting paid to work out. Highly physically demanding work, but you always have a strong sense of accomplishment at the end of the night. I enjoyed working with UPS immensely. My crew was always willing to work as a team and help others whenever it was needed. The only issue is that it takes years to get into full time. I most definitely would work for UPS again if I had the opportunity.
good stable company
Lead Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 23, 2016
Good work environment, good pay scale. I am looking for a change to give me more of a challenge, perhaps in sales. Excellent retirement benefits.
Pros
pay
Cons
confined to workstation
Warehouse/organized
Package Handler-unloading/loading (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 22, 2016
Unloading merchandise , learning how to use different machinery management was organized , coworkers were fun and friendly , the hardest part was working alone with heavy loads, most enjoyable part of the job was the enviornment.
Difficult job
Pre-Load Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 22, 2016
I did not enjoy much of my time while with this company. They do not treat their employees very well. Moral is always low. I would not recommend this job.
benefits
Cons
n/a
Productive work place
Full-Time Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILJune 22, 2016
It was an okay workplace. i mostly worked outside , going door to door or inside the building ordering package bins.
Its okay, kind of boring, not enough hours.
Package Handler/Shifter (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 22, 2016
I love working 3rd shift. I'm a night owl. This place is good for people that don't need a whole lot of money or hours. I need it though. Its not somewhere I could spend the rest of my life at. I've met tons of great people, good friends, and my supervisor is an awesome guy. I love that I've moved on up really fast and became "cerc" which is someone who meets and trains with the new hires. I love talking to new people.
hard work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILJune 22, 2016
In this physical and fast-paced position, package handlers continually lift, lower and slide package between 25 and 70 lbs. Great for college students and parents, part-time employees usually work 3 to 4 hours a day, Monday through Friday. We also offer a variety of shifts throughout the day and evening to help make the world work better for you.
ups review
seasonal ups driver helper (Former Employee) –  Northumberland, PAJune 22, 2016
worked hard helping to deliver packages.learned about my community and picked up more skills. found it very rewarding.
Great Benefits
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, COJune 21, 2016
A typical work day begins with set up of area. Supervision of all employees regarding their work ethic and methods. Ensure that packages are handeld properly and end up in the correct destination in a timely manner
Pros
HARD WORK
Cons
HARD WORK
decent moving company
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSJune 21, 2016
Delivering furniture and appliances to customers, fixing things for the customers, doing transfers to another colortyme if they needed something.
productive,friendly,fun workplace
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Frostproof, FLJune 21, 2016
Great place to work, frienly co-worker,very helpful each other and very professional, very good scheduled, and customers very friendly too.
steady work/ extreme demands
RPF Line Lead (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJune 21, 2016
We always had work and job security but we rarely had a balance between work and home. I enjoyed the work and the people I worked with