UPS

UPS Employee Reviews

Great work enviroment
dock (Former Employee), little rock, arJuly 3, 2015
I like the job but hours only varied from 3 to 4 hours a night and it was causing conflict with my class work. I would recommend the early shift if you are a student
hardest part of the job
Package Handler (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 3, 2015
Pros: LOVE it
Cons: easy to get hurt
the hardest part was trying to lift more weight that you can, im small so I cant really lift 70 lbs, and that how I was injured, but overall great job
productive workplace get job done on time
Package Handler (Current Employee), Brookfield, CTJuly 3, 2015
Early morning shift, get job done quickly, with minimal hours. Room to grow as opportunity is presented through seniority at the workplace.
a good place to work
Package Car Driver/Safety Supervisor (Former Employee), athens georgiaJuly 2, 2015
a good place to work ,made a career out of it and was able to retire at a some what early age , hard work but the pay and benifits are good
Competitve company to work for with beneficial learning tools but little respect or advancement involved
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Great employees to work with and good benefits
Cons: Little advancement provided, little respect given, no support given either
I started working at UPS and was very excited to be a part of the company. I was placed with a mentor that helped to mold me into the leader that I am today. I went through some good and bad experiences as a supervisor which helped me to learn not only how to deal with different people, but also how to have a voice in the company. A typical day at work consisted of long hours, production reports, timecards, working very closely with the customer/client, and running multiple areas at one time with multiple employees reporting to me for daily job tasks and assignments. I learned great time management skills and the ability to prioritize. The employees that reported to me, as well as employees in other areas were great to work with. I never had an issue with employees taking direction. The hardest part of my job was dealing with my fellow management members. I feel that the company was very manipulative and told you what you wanted to hear while different decisions were being made in the background. My management team was very quick to throw others under the bus to better themselves rather than working as a team which UPS promotes from the beginning of the hiring process. UPS also promotes an Open Door policy which in my opinion, they do not follow through with. The most enjoyable part of my job was building relationships with the employees I worked directly with and those that reported to me.
good job
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee), Rockledge, FLJuly 2, 2015
This job was my first job it was hardworking and met fantastic people . The hardest part was working in the rain while driving the windo-less golf cart and keeping packages dry. There were no easy parts of the job.
loading unloading
Package Handler (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 2, 2015
I love this company really takes care of the employees. Cookouts every week serving steaks an potatoes. overtime available upon request
It was fun. Met a lot of cool coworkers around my age,some older. But we where like family
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 2, 2015
Winter time was very cold. Summer time was very hot.
Consists of a lot of labor but it was very easy once you got the hang of it.
Management was very very fair, but everyone has their days.
Most enjoyable part was the last few minutes before we clocked out.
ups employee
Driver (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: great benefits and pay.
Cons: takes years to become a driver
I would load 3 package vans 5 days a week,pulling packages off of a moving conveyer belt and placed packages in appropriate shelves in vans. got along with co-workers and management. no hard parts of work, I looked forward to coming in every day.
Overall great place to work with an appreciative Owner
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ashland, KYJuly 1, 2015
Greeting customers in a friendly, helpful atmosphere, the Owner was very appreciative and caring towards her Employees.
selling uniforms
Preloader (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Very busy
Cons: short breaks
Good job nice experience it was very busy met a lot of nice people in it was always something to do in you can always lend a customer a helping hand
Good Company
Mail Sorter (Current Employee), Morrow, GAJuly 1, 2015
Great company, decent pay, flexible schedule. Love the flexibility they give me with my school schedule. Management is decent.
Warehouse worker
Truck Loader (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 1, 2015
At this job being apart of a team was very important. We as a whole had to not only move furniture for customers but also at times set it up and arrange to thier liking. Even if the team was not needed we all were there to help.
Great Learning Experience
Graphic Artist (Current Employee), st. charles, ILJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Experience, Busy, Great Customers
Cons: No lunch breaks, No healthcare, No benefits, No vacation.
Got a lot of hands on experience, work with clients and figuring out what they needed and what I could provide to them.

Worked with programs such as Adobe products (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Dreamweaver).
An organized workplace where teamwork is encouraged
Grade Lane Shift (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 1, 2015
During My Time at UPS i learned to work efficiently under time limits and communicating with others around me to get the job done without too much stress on my body. However, the only way they would pay for school was to work 3rd shift.
Productive place
Package Handler (Part-Time) (overnight) (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2015
Its a great place to work. The job that we have to do is easy and I enjoy working there. Once how everything is explained to you its easy to catch on .
Not a productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Warminster, PAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: I had a job
Cons: Lies about hours, no benifits, no overtime
I was hired to work certain hours, was later forced to change those hours or be terminated. They gave me extra duties without proper training.
Fast Paced Work Environment. Honest Pay For Honest Work
Package Handler (Former Employee), Edison, NJJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement, Decent Wage, It's A Workout!
Cons: Very Cold In Winter Months
I worked the early morning shift during the holiday season in 2014 and I have to say, it was an experience. It was very very (let me stress this) VERY fast paced and at times things got a bit hectic. The management was good, and the training was always somewhere nearby, not to see if you're messing up, but to make sure you're doing okay. UPS tends to promote from within, so many, if not all, line supers and line management have been down in the trenches where you are.
Productive and fun workplace.
Loader, HAZMAT Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2015
UPS-- as aforementioned-- is a productive and fun workplace.
I find it enjoyable, and rewarding; due to the flexible hours, reasonable pay, and good benefits and schooling assistance given.
Good fun environment with co workers
Intra-sort loader (Current Employee), ontario CaJune 30, 2015
Pros: Part-time full benefits
Cons: Very little hours
I scan bar codes on the UPS label on the shippers package, then immediately load into a air container when the can is full they take it load it in the plane then bring me another can to load into.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more

UPS Salaries