UPS
6,773 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

ardous
Preloader/Loader (Former Employee), Pocatello, IDJanuary 30, 2015
When I started it was great. Very Hard work. When I started loading, I couldn't understand how anyone could missload packages. There might be one missload a month for the entire crew. After a new manager took over we were luck too only have one missload per day. Its simple, there were running the belt too fast and you have too many different things at once. (The incident command system was created after it was realized that people can typically only keep track of 5 separate things at one time for a sustained period of time without degradation of ones abilities and without forgetting key units of information). In any case the manager created a hostile environment which made me worse at my job so I ended up quitting. many co workers expressed sympathy and agreed with my observations.
Driver Helper UPS Tuscaloosa, AL
Seasonal Worker-Driver Helper (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 30, 2015
I help assist the driver helper with delivering packages to business and home addresses. I learned to work at fast pace, the most enjoyable part of the job is helping the UPS Driver during the seasonal holidays.
Loved and enjoyed the environment
Utility executioner (Former Employee), Hodgkins, ILJanuary 30, 2015
A typical day would consist of reviewing the log of previous shift to either setup or finish the unreleased equipment from the mechanics. The one thing I learned is that there is so much to learn in any field where one wants to excel. Supervisors come and go as part of an ongoing growth in leadership. Teamwork was not so evident as in my current job but great bunch to work with. The hardest thing was the shift I had but waited for 4 years to change but to no avail. I most enjoyed the type of work we where part of and to see the final product roll out the shop.
Extrene Labor in Extreme Conditions
Sorter / Safety Co-Chair (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: harsh environment and extreme labor
Not for the faint of heart, this job will test your physical, emotional, and sometimes spiritual limits! Imagine some of the hardest work you've ever done, then imagine doing it in the middle of July in a trailer at 110 degrees...for four to five hours straight...and if your are lucky, at the end of the week you MAY bring home $150 or so. That's what your first year is like. However, if you hang in there, your insurance (for your entire family) becomes free of charge, and it is AMAZING insurance, you have the ability to purchase company stock at a discount, 401K, vacation days, optional days off, and more! If you want to drive the big brown truck, don't waste your time in Knoxville though, Part timers on average must work 15 1/2 years before the first opportunity to go full time currently,. So if you don't mind working two jobs for the next 15 years, and getting paid to work out when you show up to the UPS hub, come on down and fill out an application. Don't say I didn't warn you though...
Productive fun and positive job riding delivery job.
Package Handler Helper (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: i brung or bought my lunch
Cons: had little breaks between 2-10 mins
Ive work threw any weather [Snow, Rain, windy, freezing weather].I learned that I cant just leave these valuable packages anywhere. My co-worker was very friendly and straight forward, he is a great worker. The hardest part of the job is delivering at night where you can barely see the addresses to people house but it still was an exciting job. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people knowing the environment.Also getting the job done.
very fast passed job
Driver Supervisor (Former Employee), Middleburg, OHJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: benifits, bonus, vacation time.
Cons: long hours
fast passed, dispatch drivers, take customer calls, adjust routes as needed. how to be organized. Very helpful. also helpful and willing to do what ever it took to get the job done. Long Hours 60 plus a week. Working with the employee's to get the routes running smooth.
Hosite Managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: managment
I loved my co workers and clientele, but it was the worst managed store i have ever been in. I would not recommend any one person to work for that women
Professional, friendly workplace.
Manager (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: regular customers that treat you with respect and appreciation.
Cons: it's now under new management that demands changes.
Each day consisted of it's own tasks such as; Billing, shipping packages, mailbox renewals, claim status, It also starts with a small list of issues to handle such as; Damaged/late packages, shipping quotes and returning calls/emails. The staff is always on top of their tasks. The only trouble I found as manager was handily schedules. The school schedules make it difficult but quite rewarding when everyone shows their appretiation for a well put together schedule.
Productive fast paced, safe place to work
Part Time Supervisor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 29, 2015
Cons: tough hours.
At UPS I learned how to flow volume through the building. I also learned how to not let one operation fail as one would succeed. The hardest part of the job was constantly explaining the damage control to the employees. The best part was having everything done and wrapped up for the drivers.
UPS
Supervisor (Part-time) (Current Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: has great benefits
Cons: short work hours.
My regular assignment is the off load and the loading of different types of aircrafts going to different destinations on the East and West Coast. I have learned how manage and direct up to 12 employees. I have also learned disciplining processes and how to determine what proper levels of discipline are needed. During the time I have worked there, I have learned to operate a wide variety of heavy machinery, as well.

My managers are individuals who can help with things I need. He/she aid me on a lot of situations, such as difficult employees. I work productively with my co-workers, who also cooperate with me and communicate well with each other.

The hardest part of my job is when I have to make a quick decision in order be more efficient and productive. The most enjoyable part of my job is working around the aircrafts and the pilots.
Productive, and Enjoyable place to work
Driver Helper- Delivers Packages (Former Employee), Albany, GAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: benefits, learning, experience
Cons: unexpected weather conditions
A typical day at this job, I would meet with a UPS delivery driver, where i would scan each package and deliver it to either the home or business to which it was ordered to. I learned the way the process of package delivery works. It was really exciting and enjoyable to work for UPS. Everyone I got to work with were true leaders and very respectable. The hardest part of this job would be when the weather works against you. On a rainy day that you're not prepared for can be a bit of a downer, but the job must always be completed and that is the dedication I learned here. The most enjoyable part of working here, is working here. The UPS company is an, all around, great place to work.
Great feeling when delivering packages.
Driver assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Highwood, ILJanuary 29, 2015
the most enjoyable part of working for United Parcel Service, delivering christmas gifts to children. Seeing a childs face react to his/her present made me feel good about myself.
Great Place to Work
Driver Helper/Seasonal (Former Employee), Sturtevant, WIJanuary 29, 2015
For the short time that I worked there, I was impressed with the professionalism of the drivers. It seems like one of the better places to be employed.
Productive and Fast paced environment
Warehouse Associate/Package Handler (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXJanuary 29, 2015
be prepared to work hard everyday. very fast paced environment that requires for individual production levels to improve over time. hardest part of job is standing on feet all day...
Productive and competitive work environment.
Seasonal Freight Loader (Former Employee), Bedford Park, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: competitive environment
Cons: short hours, few opportunities to advance
A typical day working at UPS was simple. The hours were short and very fast paced. Maintaining a high level of safety was always the first priority. Efficiency and working as a team with your loading partner are essential skills needed to complete tasks. Often, I was given the chance to train associates new to the job. Your loading partner and other associates on your dock made the job competitive, often encouraged by management. By management fueling the competitive attitude, this made them slightly more approachable. The most difficult part of the job was working short hours and given few opportunity to advance in the company. The most enjoyable part of the work experience at UPS was thriving in a competitive environment and training new employees.
Will work you like a dog and pay you with kibble
Package Handler (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 28, 2015
Cons: everything
Very hostile work environment. Feud between management and union workers. A constant power struggle. They have unrealistic expectations as far as speed of production and will constantly harp on you about one of three things; your speed, your work "quality", your safe work methods. They claim to stress safety as their number one priority but will continually harass you to load faster. If they see you not following one of their work methods exactly they will try to demean you by trying to make you do push-ups or squats in front of them and count out loud. Management is always talking down to workers with condescension and it's obvious that many of them are power tripping and just get off on being able to control people, they act like it is the military and they are drill sergeants. Management is so far up their own and will force you to memorize and recite on command their cult like rhetoric. The pay is lousy you only make about $160 a week and you will be sore and fatigued from the work when you're not there. Before you get approved for seniority (after 70 working days) management will try everything they can to get you fired. They tell you to report it if you feel any sort of pain or discomfort or get even the slightest injury but if you do they talk down to you about "not following work methods" and threaten to fire you or will just simply lay you off like they did me (and others that I worked with) because we reported wrist pain. Hands down the worst job I have ever had.
UPS was a fun place to work
Loader/Packer (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXJanuary 28, 2015
I liked going in at UPS sorting packages and scanning packages and stacking them from bottom to top. I learned the zip codes for most cities and states .Most of my coworkers were team players.
Great Company
Helper Coordinator/Peak Intern (Current Employee), Longwood, FLJanuary 28, 2015
Very busy work environment where management is promoted from within.
Great place to work with family like atmosphere
Driver Helper, Package Handler (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 28, 2015
Loved working for the company. Great people, great opportunities, and awesome workplace. Always helped improved people skills and it was also always nice seeing different smiling faces daily.
Fun place to work
Driver/Pre-Load (Current Employee), Nashua, NHJanuary 28, 2015
Very fast paced fun environment. When driving I am out on the road all day, delivering packages. When I am pre-loading, I am making sure that all the packages are correctly placed in the trucks for the drivers

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more