UPS Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,758 reviews matching the search
Omg
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 27, 2016
UPS hands down was the best job I have ever had. Words can't describe how great this place was to work for. They treated me like family and I appreciate that.
Pros
schedule, union, pay, management, and coworkers
fun enviroment
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMay 27, 2016
The first tee organization that will help the young generation develop their golf game and life skills as well through their nine core values which actually come into play almost everyday of our lives.
Pros
you play golf
Cons
nothing
Fast paced, fun work environment, great employee's
Seasonal Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHMay 27, 2016
I would love to go back and work for UPS at anytime. The hours to start are 3am to 9am only part time for a year before your in the union. There is about a 5 year wait to become a truck driver, which is what you need to make enough money to support a family. A day included running packages to and from the truck, scanning and updating the tracking info, and making sure safety is always your number one priority. Management was just my driver, he was a great guy and we actually became friends afterwords. The hardest part of my job was there is no stopping. You can work 10 hours straight with no restroom or lunch break. Favorite part of the job was the people who received the packages, the people i worked with and being outside all day.
Pros
The entire job itself is a pro.
Cons
Not being able to sop for 10 hours sometimes.
Fun, hard and always something new
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 27, 2016
I'm not sure if this review is going to mean much since the site seems to think I worked with UPS but I really just worked at a privately owned storefront franchise which is different. I enjoyed that every day was a different kind of job because different projects would come in. The work is pretty stressful though because there is a very low margin for error and you are held accountable.
Good physical work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYMay 27, 2016
Fast paced work,I t was like getting paid to work out. Full insurance after 1 year. 25 hrs/week. Line always started on time, workers stayed until all packages were loaded. So some nights longer than others. Good employee interplay. Management too concerned about keeping the belt running no matter what.
Pros
Good Teamwork
Cons
Rush, Rush, Rush
Very Busy environment but enjoyed working with the team
Operations Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 26, 2016
The office team was great to work with. I worked as an individual contributor. I learned team collaboration and customer service skills.
I didnt mind my job there, it was just part time and 3rd shift.
Third-Shift Dispatch Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 26, 2016
The job I had at UPS was a good job. I liked it, but it was just part time, and it is really hard to get on fulltime there.. The management is not that bad, they are fair.
good temporary job
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMay 26, 2016
if looking for a good starting job UPS would be suitable due to their health benefits, however if you get sick easily I wouldn't recommend, due to the lack of cleanlimess
Unorganized and chaotic workplace
Print Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 26, 2016
There were a few things that I liked about working at the UPS store. It was a family atmosphere. For the most part the owner was a nice person. However, my overall experience and impression of the UPS store was that it wasn't an ideal situation for me to work and grow as a graphic designer and print production associate. I quickly became worried about my growth as a professional. So I started looking for more professional places of employment.The little pay was the major deal breaker. I accepted the position under the impression that I would be the print production manager. But there was an existing print production manager who was the only one that could train me on all of the specific duties associated with the job. It was an awkward and irritating experience at times.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
No lunch breaks, Extremely rude, Pay
Its ok
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 25, 2016
The job was good and very busy during the holiday season. When "peak" arrived in March there was no more work. Would come in and not know what you would be working on. Most were sent out to different accounts to do the work they didn't want their employees doing. Would rather train new people every week then to make one current employee happy. Management was quite hands off and unprofessional. The pay was a joke. Tried advancing a few times with no luck so had to move on.
Pros
Cons
compensation
load packages in truck
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 25, 2016
i have make a lot of new friends there and we have fun working together everyday. Summer was the hardest part to work at ups.
Pros
drink anytime. eat anytime.
Cons
short brake
Hot place
package handler (Current Employee) –  New Stanton, PAMay 25, 2016
I unload trucks which doesn't bother me but it pays well and short shifts which is very nice. but a hot place in the summer.
high pace environment
Operations Part-Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 25, 2016
If your not able to work in fast pace environment then you will be able to work here. It can be overwhelming for anyone who is not use to this type of job.
Terrible Management
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 25, 2016
In my particular location management tries to fit entirely to much volume into a four or five hour shift. In my opinion in order to get that much volume out, an eight hour shift would be much more reasonable. I personally was told by a full time supervisor that in my time period at the company,three years, I had loaded more packages than any other employee, but when I voiced my opinion that as the company grows management is asking to much of their hourly workers in such a short period of time they told me I just needed to "get in there and do my job." When I tried to reason further I was told by a member of management that "You need to watch yourself you now have a target on your back to get fired." I often leave a five hour shift feeling like I have worked a very hard ten or twelve hour shift comparable to when I used to work asphalt construction.
Fun Paced hard work to do out doors
Driver Helper, UPS (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 24, 2016
Working with great drivers and getting to meet great people along the delivery route. Also made for a good work out being on your feet while running packages.
Pros
being out doors
Cons
bad weather conditions
fun part time job
loader (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 24, 2016
if you are in school its a really good job you dont get alot of hours each week but you learn how to work fast loading trucks and unloading trucks its a good job
Physical work
Production Sorter/Loading Dock Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMay 24, 2016
A lot of hard physical work. What I've learned is that hard work paid off. Management was good as long as you did what you were supposed to do.
Very challenging, demanding, fast paced, time oriented place to work.
Air District - Inbound Coverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 24, 2016
There truly is no typical day at work at UPS. Every single day is almost a completely different battle in the raging war to make customer service on time. Every day presents new challenges, new obstacles to over come, new problems that arise, new people to encounter, and new methods to practice or implement. It is a constant learning experience where individuals truly have to make million dollar decisions on a nightly basis, and these decisions are made by all UPS employees, not just the management team. Employees are given the training and skill set, plus are encouraged to by the management team, to make huge decisions that could greatly effect the company every single day. This type of environment makes it crucial for individuals to develop relationship building skills, learning powers of team work, and communicating and working together with other groups or areas to achieve a common goal. The nights are so fast paced that safety is always a concern that needs to be monitored and emphasized to the work group masses on a daily basis. One person will literally interact with, work with, and talk to dozens if not hundreds of other individuals on a nightly basis. The massive amount of communication and person to person interaction that goes on at UPS truly builds work place skills that can be priceless to individuals for future endeavors. I am truly thankful for the opportunity I was given because I learned so much valuable information and developed so many workplace communication skills that I know will benefit me the rest of my life. I went from struggling with public speaking  more... to being able to give presentations to entire large work groups or teaching a class room full of employees. I went from needing to get to know someone before I could really talk to them to working with, talking with, training, and developing different new hires on a nightly basis. I went from avoiding any conflict or confrontation at all, to being able to mediate and resolve multiple conflicts between myself and even others. I learned how to communicate and work with complete strangers in building plans and strategies to ensure customer service on a day to day basis. I learned how to be a leader, decision maker, trainer, instructor, and teacher with my time at UPS. Another big plus for UPS is that most of the people you meet, or the management teams you work for are all nice people that will help you out or work together to survive the night. Talking with and interacting with my coworkers and my management team that I met over the years was always the best, most enjoyable part of my career at UPS. They also paid for my education with added bonuses for achieving good grades in school so I have no complaints there. The hardest part of the job though was always the hours of operation. Your scheduled start time and end time of your shift could change on a nightly basis. Once there, UPS could keep you as many hours as required no matter if you had previous engagements or not. Not to mention to get the most out of them paying for your education you had to work 3rd shift. And no matter the weather, rain, snow, blizzard, ice storm, hurricane force winds, you were expected to be at work because UPS is never shut down and operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year with zero exceptions.  less
Pros
College tuition paid for, good insurance (health, vision, dental), great opportunity to meet new people and learn communication skills.
Cons
Few hours given, employees are not compensated with enough pay, start time schedule and work hours can change on a daily basis.
N/a
Driver (Former Employee) –  North Dartmouth, MAMay 24, 2016
I was only with UPS for a couple months as a seasonal driver but enjoyed working with the company. The Other drivers where very helpful when I first started.
loader
Truck loader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2016
 Must be adaptive to new tasks in the warehouse.
 Counting and verifying incoming products.
 Opening and de-trashing received products.
 Processing and pre-sorting the units