UPS
5,705 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

Job Review
Package handler (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAAugust 31, 2014
this is an okay place to work. Friendly co workers and decent benefits. Usually stays busy when the local college students are in session.
Great co workers
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSAugust 31, 2014
Pros: employee activities
Cons: extreme climates
Very hot or cold climates in warehouse, worked as a team, good management,.
Love it!
Customer Service Representative & Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNAugust 31, 2014
Great job, great company, great coworkers, great environment, met a lot of great people! Just great!
UPS Airlines- Technical Publications
Senior Technical Publications Editor (Current Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 31, 2014
Pros: preferrable work schedule, healthcare benefits
Cons: low compensation
A typical day of work as a technical editor has the individual carrying out a variety of tasks that includes coordinating with personnel from other departments within UPS Airlines to secure approval to compose and edit company manuals. It is the responsibility of the employee to edit and audit manuals as directed on a tight schedule. In this role, the – more... editor will use various software such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Acrobat and an XML editor. The work group is relatively small so the work environment is fairly intimate. The most difficult part of the job is being able to prioritize tasks and balance a workload in order of importance. The best part about the job is the schedule. – less
Life at UPS
Local sort (Current Employee), Mobile, ALAugust 31, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: the time it takes to become full time.
Very fast pace. 0 to 100 until break time and then right to a 100 after break until the job is done. Management is under until job is done. It is like what supervisor told me a long time ago. What happens at work, stays at work and when the job is all is forgiven. Most coworkers just want to finish the job and go home. Hardest part of the job is the – more... time table that must maintain. The best part of job is going home at end day. – less
Very good stress and drama free workplace
Package Handler (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 31, 2014
I had alot of great team memebrs that are always willing to help out at any giving time. working witht them made me a better team player.
Very big operation
Runner/Loader (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 29, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: only holiday work
Loaded truck and went half a day to run.
3a.m-5p.m
safety lifting instructions every morning.
learned about the operation.
great management and very organized
great co workers. very respectful, new how to treat people.
hardest part was non- stop lifting boxes
most enjoyable was spending time with my uncle(driver I ran for)
Graveyard hours with little chance of advancement
Supervisor (Current Employee), lawnside, NJAugust 29, 2014
Horrible hours that interferes with your health mentally and physically
Great team players
QA/Technician (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 28, 2014
I have learned a lot from UPS. It is a good company to work for.
This company looked to take care of the world.
Route Driver (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 28, 2014
A lot of learning here working a union position. Had a lot of good people around me. Spent a lot of good times there working with public and my team members.
I learned a lot about the printing business
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Milton, FLAugust 28, 2014
Pros: great people, great learning experience
Cons: not enough hours, except during holidays
I enjoyed this company very much, especially the people I worked with. Most are still my friends to this day. I learned a lot and it helped hone my customer service skills on a daily basis.
Helper (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 28, 2014
I've enjoyed every single day working at the independence Seaport Museum. My supervisors was great to be around. They always kept me busy. No problems at all with my co workers.
loved it there
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), McMinnville, ORAugust 28, 2014
Pros: customers are great
Cons: keep getting laid off
I love working with the public. I loved figuring out how to package items. packaging items. Put mail in boxes.
Hardest part of job was filing claims.
Productive and a great team enviroment
Gateway Employee (Current Employee), Albuquerque,NMAugust 28, 2014
Typical day at work is never boring and always productive. It consist of loading and unloading airplanes and sorting packages. I love how we all work as a team to get things done and how management is clear on instructions.
Cool Employees and Fast Pace Work Environment
Dispatch Supervisor/Data Operations Manager (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAAugust 28, 2014
UPS is a fun place to work, but the hours are long and vacation for non-union employees is less than ideal. Advancement at UPS is more than difficult. It's not going to happen unless management pushes for it. Hard work, and degrees are not enough to move up the ladder there. Christmas and the holiday season are a nightmare, so prepare to work long hours.
driver helper
Delivery helper (Former Employee), little falls, NjAugust 28, 2014
I would help the main driver deliver packages. The hardest part was delivering in the harsh weather but I worked itself out
Peak season means EVERYONE has to work operations.
Account Executive (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 27, 2014
Pros: benefits, people, and your own time management
Cons: peak season is a nightmare and all the meetings that keep you from actually doing your job.
I work in Business Development where we function as the sales team to acquire new business for UPS. We don't wear browns, we don't deliver packages, and we definitely do not drive a brown truck. ACCEPT FOR PEAK. During Christmas season the company sets aside all titles and departments and force you to wear browns, get DOT certified, and officially become – more... their slave (especially if you are a salary employee). Here's the good part, if you choose not to because this isn't part of your job description, or because you have a medical condition, you are looked at and treated differently for not being a 'team player'. Take that for culture shock.

The great thing about working for a global company that has over 400K employees are the benefits, the great people, and all the opportunities to advance.

Nothing about my job is particularly fun except all the great people and businesses I get to engage with on a daily basis.

UPS should stick to keeping their workers where they belong--even at peak becuase it would help you keep the logitivity of your younger generation staff members. – less
good company
Fork Lift Driver & Dock Worker (Former Employee), Moonachie, NJAugust 27, 2014
team players
i learned alot from management how to run the warehouse
Fun and friendly
Sorter/paerckage handler (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: fun and friendly
Fun and friendly environment that was fast paced and positive challenge.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Little Rock, ArkansasAugust 27, 2014
I enjoy my team we work well together and it keeps the work load light for each other. • Responsibility as an administrative clerk is to work close with and assisting management on different projects, typing out different reports, filing case files, taking important message whether it by phone or email, as well as contacting different Hubs or management – more... about different audit reports whether it be for lost or gain. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more