UPS Employee Reviews

Found 16,698 reviews matching the search
Long nights hard work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 24, 2017
Working wit ups can be hard. From working nights to getting overloads from trucks. No cellphones allowed in the building at all. Steal toe boots at all times. Practice safety issues a lot.
The work was fun and something different everyday
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJuly 23, 2017
Iv been with ups for awhile that was my first job and i enjoyed working at ups. It was fun meet new friends. Its a good place for a gym. Even that i worked the graveyard hours i didnt mind. I would recommend people to work there.
not a good job
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJuly 23, 2017
This job treats all of their employees like slaves and the pay is not worth it. of the day for a low pay every week. this job is not worth working for.
Pros
help pay for school
Cons
low pay, terrible management
Fast workplace
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 23, 2017
This is a good company to work as a drivers helper. I wouldnt recommend working inside the warehouse. Overall good company, not very good hours but the pay is decent.
Productive place to work
Driver's Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 23, 2017
A typical day at work was loading and sorting packages for delivery, I learned how to track and tag packages, there are always supervisors on the loading bay to assist you if you need it, the culture was open and fast paced, the hardest part of the day was the short break time, the enjoyable part of the day was knowing you put in a good days work
Pros
music playing as you work
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced work environment
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJuly 23, 2017
I enjoyed UPS because you always stayed busy. its a very fast paced business so time goes quickly while you work. What I didn't like was the half shifts and no place for advancement no matter how well you did a job.
Fast pace
Loader. Trailer shifter. (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 23, 2017
Never the same day just same routine good place great folks. This is a life long career with great benefits. The hours are long but worthy.once your driving your income will only grow.
Its a great place to eork for.
Unloader (Current Employee) –  New Stanton, PAJuly 23, 2017
Working at ups is one of the best decisions I made. Supervisors and co workers are great everybody works as team and helps each other out. Couldn't ask for a better job.
Pros
Free w oork out as you work.
Stressful
FULL TIME PRELOAD SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2017
Multiple jobs done by one person makes it more difficult to achieve the goals set forth by the company. days are very long just to finish the daily tasks at hand, then the other tasks that get added on some days add to the hours.
na
supervisor/Payroll (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 23, 2017
haven't been there long enough to tell you what i think. so far i think management is very unorganized on telling me what my actual job duties will consist of.
Wasn't bad if you were a night owl.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEJuly 23, 2017
Had to be there by 3am and it was obvious that no one wanted to be. They were all very negative and hated the job that they were working. Management didn't care at all about he new comers only the vets that had been there for a while. We were a dime a dozen to them.
Pros
Benefits, good pay
Cons
weird hours, everyone was negative, management didn't care about you at all.
hard work
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 23, 2017
great company you just have to work hard. One of the more rewarding jobs out there in terms of benefits. As a package handler you will work hard but honestly the first week is the hardest after that its literally like riding a bike. One of the best jobs around
Pros
family
Cons
family sucks to leave
there are alot of perks working for a big company.
Feeder Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2017
ups constantly strives to be world class industry. they lead in innovations in technology, service and business. ups is no longer just in the business of moving packages and freight. they are many companies. too many to name. hence the brand, ups. one company, one brand. they create a an atmosphere of safety and brotherhood among employees. they survey employees to find the best solutions for improving equipment and work environment. they always acknowledge and recognize employees for achievements and safety. benefits and pay are the best in the industry.
Pros
great company, great trainig, great pay and benifits
Cons
i sometimes had to make some really long commutes
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJuly 23, 2017
Everyone here is friendly. I enjoyed working here but there wasnt enough houts given out where i could make a means of living so had to get another job.
You get evaluated everyday
Package Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 23, 2017
No matter what you do it is Never enough for UPS Management. You earn everything you get from UPS. Nothing is given to you you earn every penny. No work Life balance. A paid day of 9 1/2 to 10 hours or more is expected and is the normal operation.
Pros
Cons
Management is NEVER happy with what you get done. Always want more.
Fun place to learn people skills
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Algona, WAJuly 23, 2017
This was just a seasonal position. I didn't really work there long enough to for a responsible opinion of this company. I had fun while I was there, though.
Pros
Fun with driver
Cons
short duration of employment
Awesome place to work
Part-time supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 23, 2017
Very adaptable place to work, everyone seems to listen what you have to say. Very good place to work your way up the ranks and they pay well. I worked night shift and had my school paid for. Awesome place to work!
Pros
Friendly people, good advancements, good pay, pay for school program
Cons
short hours, part time
Stressful, Fast paced.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 23, 2017
Good company, security, well managed. hard physical work, very hot and cold work at times.Good chances for advancement. Well paid and great benefits. job security.
Pros
well paid and good benefits.
Cons
stressful, pressure for no mistakes.
great place
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJuly 23, 2017
This was a great place to work , if you apply your self you can advance within this company, the hours can start very early and be a long work day , but you are advised of this well before your offered a position there, so its no surprise .
Summary
Next Day Air Driver (Former Employee) –  Westville, INJuly 23, 2017
I enjoyed what UPS had to offer and the trust they had in me. I became pregnant and could not continue to work there due to lifting and other handling positions. I did enjoy the environment. I worked in Westville, Indiana.
Pros
Working conditions
Cons
had to leave