UPS

8.5K reviews

UPS Employee Reviews

Very demanding company to work for
Business Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: no work life balance
UPS is a company that you work hard for and are compensated well. It is a very competitive industry and a very demanding environment.
dependable
Team Lead (Current Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 31, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay low
ship pack pick inventory data entry ensure customer goals are maintained. coworkers are fun and hardworking. benefits are ok but pay could be way better
good co-workers and a great chance for advancement
Load Plan Runner (Current Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 31, 2015
Pros: The ability to learn numerous jobs.
Cons: Very hard to move to another job.
Fun, up-beat place to work, management team great.
Main thing is getting the load plans to the plane in a timely manner.
I have learned how a very well oiled company works. It is very impressive to see a company as large as UPS be able to move that many items in one night, let a lone a year.
The management team is very supportive and willing to help you any way you may need, co-workers are great, willing to help out if you get in a bine. The hardest part of the job is learning the ramps and learning to drive around the planes without getting caught behind a plane that is pulling out of a parking spot. The thing I enjoy the most are watching the planes land and take off. I find it amazing to be out there next to them every night.
Always hiring because someone is always quitting
Package Handler Part-Time (Former Employee), New York,New YorkAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Benefits, good company
Cons: Needs more hours, working in harsh weather
UPS was rough but it was my first job working on the books. It was a need not a want as I was going to community college at the time so I figured I could do the Twilight hour shift.
-Work in hot and cold temperatures.
-Strictly part time and a long list for further hours and driver potions.
-Great benefits.
-Pay is alright but needs more HOURS.
-Often worked with lazy co-workers who thought they were my manager.
There is more but my task was simple all I did was scan packages and stack them up.Really despised the weather conditions.
A JOB IS A JOB !
Great benefits. Very demanding job
Package handler (Current Employee), Longwood, FLAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Great medical benefits
Cons: Part time not enough hours
Fast pace work environment. Great place to for college students or someone looking for a part time job. Very demanding job requires lifting and lowering packages throughout shift.
Very Productive
Auditor (Former Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 31, 2015
Pros: liked working with good hard working associates.
Cons: Only worked 20 hours per week
Audited incoming packages and out going packages, Applied correct shipping labels on all packages. performed quality checks on packages
productive and a professional workplace.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJAugust 31, 2015
A LOTS OF HELP, A VERY BUSY PLACE, BUT EASY TO WORK AS A EVERY DAY ALSO CO-WORKER HELP A LOT WITH TRAINING AND OTHER ACTIVITY.
Bullied to work
Service Provider (Former Employee), Springfield, VAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Work your life away for good pay
Cons: Work your life away while being bullied!
Managers bully you every single day about why you could not get more work done in less time. Unrealistic expectations! Hard to even find the time to stop to have lunch or even a bathroom break. BEWARE
Over work
Package Handler (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Good health benefits if you understand the catch 22
Cons: Underpaid for that type of labor
Ups over works their employees. Play favortism and very unorganized! i was terminated because a supervisor didn't like me but they tried to say because i abandoned my job even though i had a legitimate doctors note.
I owned a UPS Store Franchise
Owner of a The UPS Store (Former Employee), Raleigh NCAugust 31, 2015
We owned a UPS Store franchise You are supposed to be you own boss instead ups tells you everything to do and you take the risk financially. You have no say so in the business while they find ways to reduce you profits buy moving things to online and removing the store profit and increasing overhead.
Very profesional and constructive enviroment.
Contractor (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Networkimg, social activities, sport activities
Cons: I had no benefits due to the fact that I was a Temp
I loved working for UPS. It has been one of my best experiences. Unfortunately it was a temporary position and with great sadness in I had to leave. It is a very well founded company with great opportunities of growing personal and professionally. There is pressure and sometimes longs hours of hard work but they go easily thanks to the environment I was always surrounded with. In my personal experience I looked forward going to work everyday. I was constantly learning. Between other tasks, I processed invoices and worked with more than 20 big account all around LATAM (Cisco, HP, Sony, Riverbed, etc)
Very lenient and nice employees and a great break room.
Package Handler (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2015
Pros: employee recognition via Fruit Tuesdays and cookouts
Cons: short breaks, many damages
Mon-Fr Package handling 3 and a half to five hours
Learned how to properly handle packages and how to sort them according to state city and zip code
Management was good my bosses ran it well
Co-workers were great all hard workers and friendly.
Hardest part of job is dealing with overflow of packages and dealing with damaged ones
Most enjoyable was sorting the trucks
hard working
Supervisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 31, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: people not coming in
i enjoyed the people, and the work. I enjoyed how people would compete with other people. I liked the benefits that the hourly's got. and the cookouts that we had.
very productive
driver (Former Employee), harmon guamAugust 31, 2015
clear parcels with costums and then sort them out for delivery through out the day and then take parcels to cargo for export
job
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 30, 2015
hours vary, no balance between work and home, benefits okay, advancement impossible and preselected. raises are lacking
casual fun work environment
Owner / Manager of The UPS Store (5620) (Current Employee), phoenix, azAugust 30, 2015
A typical day for a store owner / manager.
review and schedule work load for pending print projects and marketing projects, managing mailbox accounts, calling and following up with clients, continue with desk work
Productive day
Package Handler (Former Employee), Memphis TNAugust 30, 2015
A typical day consist of loading trucks. Management was ok depending on the work load. My coworkers were a bit immature at times because of the ages of employees. The hardest part of the day would have to be the uncomfortable work temperature.
Fast-paced, laborious,noisy/dusty enviornment
PRELOAD OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Conway, ARAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursment, job security
Cons: Short breaks, short-staffed, no set expectations
UPS provided tuition reimbursement, health insurance, 401K, and job security, and yearly raises. The cons to working at UPS depends on what type of job you have. Management have to deal with unions. Non-management have very laborious jobs and advancement takes years. UPS is very nepotistic.. upper management favor their families and friends that work in the company
Dog eat dog environment
Operation Supervisor (Current Employee), Greensboro NCAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: fast paced with little respect from your upper management
Fast paced if you are weak or have thin skin this is not the place for you. Work is all about production and moving the packages as fast as possible without stopping
productive, hard working work place, room to expand
Package Handler (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 29, 2015
Great place to work if you like a challenge and to be pushed hard. This is a place that you can grow and develop. This is very fast paced and requires a lot of accuracy and rememberization.
Headquarters