UPS
8,004 reviews

UPS Employee Reviews

Great job and company
Account Manager (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 28, 2015
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: not much flexibility
This is a great company to work for. I have learned how to multitask, manage my time and communicate to all levels of management. I have also learned many skills in sales and business knowledge that will help me further my career. While working a sales position I have also learned how to analyze many types of charts, financial data and forecasting. I have been lucky to start my career with a fortune 50 company.
Not enough hours
Package Handler (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 28, 2015
I was only getting 3 hours a night. That wasn't worth the gas usage. I loved the job but wish there was more hours given to me while I worked there.
its a business that expects you to do your job
package handler (Current Employee), hilton head island, scJune 28, 2015
A typical day would let the packages come, review the page of how many packages are going to be on the truck, figure out where to put the packages so they fit and your egress is clear enough to move around. Learned how to move faster, think quicker, adjust and adapt to different situations. My co-workers work hard, everybody carries their weight. Hardest part is when a lot of packages come on the belt and you have to start stacking, but eventually it works itself out. The most enjoyable is that we work together to make sure the job gets done for the drivers to take off on their route.
hard work
UNLOADER AND DE-BAGGER (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJune 28, 2015
Pros: good beneifits
Cons: short breaks
This a hard working job. The benefits are great for part time workers. The working environment takes time to adjust to. The breaks are short and quick. Some days you don't receive a break.
working hard and sticking tigether to get the job done
Truck loader (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2015
maintain a curtain pph utilize loading equipment sort through zip/codes use rf scanner ability to lift 100+lbs daily. how to stick together to get thru the work day and management are cool the hardest part is working on the back of the hot trucks.
labor intense
Unloader (Former Employee), Doraville, GAJune 28, 2015
Pros: 4 hours shifts
Cons: 10 min. breaks
unloading 18 wheeled trucks in any and every weather condition. UPS was a prompt time job, they expected us to work fast and efficient.
Fast pace
Loader Helper (Former Employee), Naples, FLJune 28, 2015
A part time position for seasonal work. Neatly stocking 3 truck daily to capacity as package flow down the belts, making sure each package on the correct truck
Learned a lot, steady work
Clerk (Former Employee), Loveland, COJune 27, 2015
Pros: Full time, multitasking
Opened and closed, worked ten hour days. Set up USPS mailboxes for customers, sorted mail and packages. Pack items being sent out appropriately, using measurements and taking items in to consideration. Provide estimates on shipping, explaining the options available. Print/order projects for walk-ins as well as return customers. Notary.
Fun job
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 27, 2015
Cons: long hours.....holiday season
This was a temp. position and I had allot of fun. I got to meet new people and learn something new. I also was able to learn an area of the city that I had not traveled allot and found new places to visit when the job was completed.
High Stress work place
Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 27, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: poor upper management
Day started at 3 am M-F. no support from others in management,Higher up! Keeping track of records.The best part of job was end of Christmas season.
very difficult job brings out the best in you.
Package Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Peru, ILJune 26, 2015
Pros: great solid company
Cons: you must give 110% 110% of the time
As a swing driver you must learn quickly everyday is a different challenge.
As management you are expected to be married to the company.
If you love it you will give it your all. If you resent it, the job will eat you alive.

Best job I ever got fired from!
Great place to work if you are a hard worker
Primary Supervisor (Former Employee), Hodgkins, ILJune 26, 2015
Pros: Safe work environment
Cons: 10 minute break, 4-5 hour days, little to no possibilty of full time
The UPS hub in Hodgkins is an exceptional work environment, provided that you have a strong work ethic. You start as either a loader or unloader, and the work is hard. However, there are amazing opportunities for advancement, some as early as 2 months into the job.
Post- Sales Logistics (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2015
A great place to work at. Taking inbound and outbound calls. The environment was friendly and kind. Each day the calls were different. Great staff.
fun environment
Package Handler (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 26, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: not enough hours
Had learned a lot of different things when it had came to unloading and loading a product.Learned a lot of different zip codes and was trained to the best of my ability.
good place to work
Pre loader (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJune 26, 2015
It was a nice place. Very cultured oriented. Flexible hours and great pay. Great people yo work around and I was glad to be apart of the team.
award and recognition
Warehouse Operations Acting Lead (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 26, 2015
Pros: tuition re-inbursement
Cons: hourly rate
a typical day at work is challenging but rewarding
i learnt to work together peacefully with co-workers
management was coperative most of the time
peacefull co-existence with co-workers
hardest part of the job was lack of clarity of information
most enjoyable was getting a positive feedback for a job well-done
N/a
Package Handler (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2015
Don't really have much to say but there was a lot of packages being loaded on trucks when i worked there. There were not enough hours available for work. The supervisors were not attentive.
Not a lot of support from management. Does provide job security.
Account Representative (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 26, 2015
You are expected to do it all. On an average day you will wear about 10 to 12 different hats. Does not leave a lot of time for your actual job function.
biggest mistake of my life was leaving this company
UPS (Former Employee), McAllen, TXJune 26, 2015
I left this job to start my own business. The co-workers were nice management took care of the employees. If I wouldn't of left I would still be there.
Like going to the gym for six hours, but you enjoy it
Package Handler (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 26, 2015
Pros: pays for school, good way to stay in shape, wonderful supervisors and managers, wonderful co-workers that you can chat with as you work, numerous discounts at popular stores, plenty of opportunities to advance, thorough and explicit training
Cons: the trailers can be really hot during the summer and really cold during winter, workload is difficult to get used to, lots of rules to learn
Although I briefly worked at UPS, I did enjoy my time there. I started out as a Package Handler and loaded an average of 300 packages an hour onto various trailers heading to various destinations. My supervisor was a glorified disco-loving water boy (I mean that in an affectionate way) who just loved to make you smile and motivate you, and it was overall a very positive environment and I enjoyed working here. They help you pay for school, so that's a nice plus, as well as offer lots of employee discounts to many popular store chains, such as Barnes and Noble and Apple.

The hardest part of the job was getting used to the workload; it is basically like going to the gym for six hours, but it's fun, and it's like playing a giant, 3D version of tetris and has you constantly thinking about where you put the next package. Safety, rules, and regulations are numerous and difficult to learn, but they go over it with you every single day for a month until you can recite it from memory.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more

UPS Salaries