UPS Employee Reviews

Found 14,516 reviews matching the search
warehouse
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOApril 24, 2017
worke to hard for less pay, was a part time job, loaded trucks to be shipped out, there was to many management in one area, the hardest part of the job was getting up ealry in the am to work as hard as u can imagine
Ups?
Airport Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 24, 2017
Well i work at the UPS air hub and higher management are just horrible to work with.. for example not letting you take a lunch and dismissing you when there is still work to complete.
Pros
Flexible Time, Good for School
Cons
Management, Favoritism
I was a unlodaer united parcel service on trrucks in daily basis.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Willow Springs, ILApril 24, 2017
The unlaoder was to unload delivery trucks on a daily basis day to day bases. I learned the job to be safe with heavy products on daily basis. The management team made sure that we were safe and complient the day. Workplace culture was excellent we made sure that we work as a unit and made sure thrucks were loaded and job was well done. Hardest part of job was loaded the trucks.
Nice and simple
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLApril 24, 2017
Very easy seasonal job. Mostly enjoyed the people and the managers but the work was very tedious. I met some people i would never forget here and will do it again
fast paced
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 24, 2017
good benefits and good people. very fast paced.. its part time work with full time benefits. easy to get off when needed but will work you at very fast pace.
Pros
benfits
Cons
part time
Operations Assistant/Claims Spec
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 24, 2017
Tough company to work for but the benefits and pay is excellent. High turnover. Management browbeats the local managers and the local managers are forced to browbeat the employees.
great place to work
Preload Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 23, 2017
I would recommend working at ups to anyone. Its a great place to make money and they also have a lot of room for advancement. I loved the chance to work with them.
Productive and competitive environment
Operations Analytics Intern, UPS Asia Pacific Hub (Former Employee) –  Shenzhen, CNApril 23, 2017
There are many cross-department collaboration at UPS. All co-workers I have met are very nice and helpful. As an intern, I learned many essential skills working in a fast-paced environment.
ups
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COApril 23, 2017
not the best job to work i was Package handler and i would get told to step up the pace when i was he only one unloading not to mentio the pay is terrible for that position they are not well organized and i had an injury from there they did not want to pay my doctor.
Pros
some benifits
Cons
bad sups, bad timing, bad staff, bad environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2017
Very nice working space teamwork
Only reason i left was because i moved to a different location. But other than that the job was very good. I liked it
best company with the best benefits.
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAApril 23, 2017
i loved the work environment UPS's employees provided,especially with so many new comers.Great benefits to look forward to,as long as creating a good name for yourself as such a huge scale company.
A wonderful work place, and great coworkers.
Customer care (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAApril 23, 2017
I loved working there, I am a little sad that the seasonal work ended so quickly. The employees were all awesome to work with. The only downside I had there was that there were a good number to customers that no matter what always yelled at the employees. It can be hard when someone won't listen to anyone in the store.
summary
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 23, 2017
work hard to compensate for slackers
learned how to sort by colors
management is aight
workplace culture is cool
hardest part of the job is working with little to no breaks
the most enjoyable part of the job is when you finally finish and time is winding down to go home
Pros
Cons
no benefits for a full year, no full time positions, seniority overall
Great working environment
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 23, 2017
Was able to work with my driver as a team. He and supervisor were very supportive and taught me all I needed to know to perform the job efficiently. Great experience!
Great if you're a college student who doesn't really need money
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitehouse Station, NJApril 23, 2017
They're all privately owned stores. I only got paid 9 dollars an hour but obviously that depends on who you work for. Definitely not worth it pay wise. You do much more than you get paid for. Especially if you're in a situation like mine where you're the only one covering the counter. A coworker of mine that recently left worked there for 4 years and only got a 25 cent raise during the time she was there. Like I said, great if you're a college student that only needs pocket cash and gas money.
Pros
quite enviroment and alone time
Cons
pay
Great Place to work with Great People
Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAApril 23, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at UPS, however brief. It was an incredible work experience I hoped would turn into a career with engineering. The people you work with are great from the office to the trucks. Very worth the effort and persistence.
Pros
Good hours, Good people, room to grow, good benefits
Cons
did not turn into career
Great Place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 23, 2017
Great place to work. A company that does all the right things and will be around for a long time. Takes care of all employees from new hires to senior employees.
Simple job & it's hard to mess up
Preloader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 23, 2017
Usually work started at 11pm, I would clock in then after my supervisor would assign me to my trucks. Most of the time you would have 3-4 trucks to lead packages into and each truck would have around 100-400 packages all different sizes. It was kind of hard but you have to move fast pace with that job. It's a friendly job and you will have to communicate with your other employees to help everyone jobs go smoothly. The hardest part of the job was managing 4 trucks with so many packages but it helped me learn how to move in a fast pace for the future. The most enjoyable part was when your done packing all your trucks without the hassle.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very short breaks
Not a bad place to work, but not the best either.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 23, 2017
UPS isn't a bad company to work for they have plenty of opportunities to advance. However there's plenty of better career choices that won't break your back or have you coming home furious with your 10 bosses. The management their can be very shady and take alot of shortcuts for "logistics", their poster's should show workers throwing boxes and smashing them around then the driver throwing them at door steps. Not to mention the lawsuit when the union found out management was shaving hours off their employees checks. So yeah what can brown do for you?
Pros
Yearly raises that very, offers opportunities to advance, ok benefits
Cons
Very strenuous, very monotonous, boxes will basically run your life, and management is really bad.
I was a Driver Helper
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAApril 22, 2017
Bassically I delivered the package to the destinations while the driver orginized the truck. It was an excellent experience and wouldnt reccommend it to the out of shape person.
Pros
get to ride in a truck all day, lunch break
Cons
very fast paced, heavy objects, working late into the night when loads are heavy and the truck is packed