UPS Employee Reviews

Found 17,925 reviews matching the search
Loved it here
laborer (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, WISeptember 25, 2017
Loved working for this company but had to leave for a better job that wouldn't allow me to work here anymore part time. Awesome management and working environment
Productivity and work environment.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2017
UPS is a very challenging work environment with a lot of opportunities. I was in charge of making sure that document for international shipment packages were done accordingly based on regulations, and I was also in charge of hazmat auditing. By managing this department, I learn that nothing can not be accomplished without team work.
Pros
Breaks and discount with partners
Cons
Health care, experience
Must keep up with fast pace immediately
UPS Seasonal Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCSeptember 25, 2017
Must keep up with fast pace immediately. Good pay. Many opportunities available for hard working individuals. Strong team atmosphere. Training provided. Strong safety standards.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
All or nothing atmosphere
Awesome but hard
Small Sorter (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 25, 2017
It was a nice job the people were nice. The work balance was difficult but wasn't impossible. Quick pace and a lot to take in if you are use to light work
Ups
Administrative Assistant/Invoice Clerk, contract (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 25, 2017
This contact assignment is a perfect location close to my home, also allowed me to add another skill set to my resume working in the mail room using Mail machine and inserter.
Pros
Close to my home
Cons
Contract
Lifting heavy packages.
loading and unloading (Current Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJSeptember 25, 2017
It's a hard job, you work your body out. The cons are the dust in the air, and I he heat. Employees get along with each other. They have really good benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
Very stressfull place
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILSeptember 25, 2017
Supervisors always trying to break the rules of the contract if you arent smart enough to notice. Job description says lift up to 70lbs but i lift 150lbs daily. Supervisors like to try and force you to do overtime and will even threaten your job if you dont stay. However if you dont they can't do anything because of union contract. Bathroom is easilly over 100 degrees at times and the pay sucks and you only get a 10min break for a 5-8hour shif. DO NOT APPLY UNLESS IT IS YOUR ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT.
Pros
You can get a job immediately, good benefits after 18months.
Cons
Supervisors lie far too much
Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJSeptember 25, 2017
i do not wish to tell you any more about working at ups. I would rather not talk about the day to day operations at UPS. It is what you expect it to be.
You are getting paid to work out
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GA 30076September 25, 2017
I load 4 UPS trucks a day for daily delivery. Not much more to it than that. Work hard, fast, correctly and know the rules and try your hardest everyday and anyone has got yourself a job.
Pros
The hours will be there at the end of the year.
Cons
Typical stuff, but as an employee, I respect it and move on to the positive.
n/a
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2017
I would like not to discuss at this time. But do recommend this company to any individual, great coworkers to learn anything and everything about the company. i personal learned a great amount of knowledge. and i thank the individuals who gave me the chance within the company.
Very time flexible, but the job can get very stressful like any other customer service job.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 24, 2017
Fun place to work if you are just looking for a job while you go to school but I would not recommend for a career. The job can get stressful like any other customer service job, but it is overall low-key and relaxing on the pre seasons. Work does get hectic during peak season which is Christmas time. The UPS Store is a locally owned buisness meaning you do not work for the UPS company per say.
Pros
Relaxed hours
Cons
Bad management and low pay
Interesting place
Safety Coordinator/sorter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2017
I wish there was more of an opportunity to advance in the company, you either have to try to move into supervision, which takes you out of the union and removes a lot or benefits, or hope for a full time opening that could take years to manifest.
I was a part-time worker for u.p.s
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2017
U.p.s is a pretty job, nice management, there's a great work environment!! You have the opportunity to move up in the company and also you receive discount
Benefits
Cons
Not many
be a driver, not a manager
Manager (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVSeptember 24, 2017
Management is so messed up. If you get hired to work in the office, be prepared for part time hours, part time pay and a lot of b.s. Labor employees are protected by the union, management is protected by the belief that their superiors have common sense. you supervise people who get paid better than you do. Sure, health insurance is cheap, but it sure doesn't take into account for the daily stress and disappointment you have to endure.
Pros
cheap health insurance
Cons
everything else.
Ups
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 24, 2017
UPS is a OK job for a college student who doesn't have huge bills. Ups doesn't really have easy advancements. You have to bid on positions which I didn't mind its just there were over 30,000 employees I had to bid against.
Pros
Plenty of breaks, discounts even at local companies and discounts at apartment complexes near by
Cons
short hours, no heat in the winter
Area Human Resource Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 24, 2017
UPS was a good place to work. Very face paced and ideal for individuals that grow in competition. Only draw back that I remember was dealing with the union.
Workplace Summary
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2017
Not applicable I enjoy my work relationship with UPS and continue with them at this time. My time ahs been brief but I am learning many new and expanding work related issues which directly affect the customer service that is important to this company.
Hard working job advancmant opertunity
Preload/unload/sort/heavyweights (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 24, 2017
Great job you will work hard and takes a while to get used to.its fast paced it's not easy great benefits you will need a second job to make ends meet.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Starting pay is low
I loved working for UPS
Driver (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PASeptember 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time at UPS, best job I ever had. Everyone who works there works very hard and has excellent customer service. Working outside was something that I really liked doing and the people on my route were extremely nice and I will miss them a lot.
Fun Workplace
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 24, 2017
Loading ,unload trailers, attention to detail, management great, the weather was the hardest part .I love working with a team to get the job Done!!! Done!!! Done!!!