UPS Employee Reviews

Found 15,923 reviews matching the search
The bottom Line is all that matters
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FL 33803June 25, 2017
Typical work day was keeping your employees that worked under you in a rush mode all of the time. I learned that I would never be involved in another management position, unless it was my own company. Poor workplace culture and employee morale. The hardest part of the job was that there were different start times, according to the predicted amount of packages that would come into the center for that day. There really was not anything enjoyable about this job.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, a lot of pressure placed on you
Great place to work.
Air/Ocean Brokerage Representative II (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJune 25, 2017
I really enjoy working for Ups its a great place to work. I learn so many new things such as how to navigate many systems and how to become a team player.
good place to work
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 25, 2017
Made pickups and deliveries on a daily basis. Learn to interact with customers on a daily basis. Worked under a good management team. Good teamwork. Good work ethic
Pros
pay
Cons
family life
A good place to work
Ground Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2017
This job is okay if you are looking for part time employment to fill the gap if needing additional income. Takes too long to get promoted as a part time employee.
Good place to start right out of college
ACCOUNTANT I (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 25, 2017
This is a good job for people right out of college.

Good exposure to accounting fundamentals and a good place to learn Excel skills.

General Ledger close and account reconciliation are the main responsibility in this role.
Productive and fun workplace.
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAJune 25, 2017
Love the motivated spirits I'm surrounded by at UPS. I like the fact that we all have a duty to complete. Not just for our job but the community as well.
Pros
Free Luch, Great benefits
Cons
More fun
Terrible Work/Life Balance sustained by a "work yourself to death" culture
Technician/Senior Midrange Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 25, 2017
You never know how long you're going to have to work, because management cannot retain enough people to cover all the hours that need to be covered. Even when there are 40-50 job openings that need to be filled, someone will call for a job freeze to save money. The culture looks down on taking days off for sickness or mental health. Some managers are encouraging and great, but for every good manager, there are 2 or 3 who are only there for their own advancement to pad their pension (which is based off the last few years pay). Very political when trying to advance in the technology portfolio - the good ole boy system is in full effect.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who had been doing the same job for 20 years, but still couldn't perform at an acceptable level. The only thing you get fired for is lying on your time card or speaking your mind. No one cares if you're terrible at your job as long as you're a body that shows up.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting paid weekly.
Cons
worked inside the airport fence, food not readily accessible, insurance went up every year
Productive and fun environment where time goes by fast!
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 25, 2017
Everyday its like a game you play to see which boxes can fit into what places. like a game of real life Tetris.
i learned that when you work at a steady pace, then the time will go by faster.'
Management is very helpful and think about workers first.
Hardest part of the job is waking up early, other than that its easy!
The most enjoyable part is the feeling of finishing packing a can or truck.
Very fast-paced environment, but keeps you busy and makes you work for your pay.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAJune 25, 2017
I personally am content with the job. The management is well-trained and everybody does their job to the best of their ability. Everybody looks out for each other and makes work easier when everybody is doing their part.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
No breaks(simply because it's a part time job)
Not a good work place
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 25, 2017
I wouldn't want anyone to ever have to make that into a career. I felt bad working there because some of the people were there for 18 years!! That's a long time to work somewhere as depressing as the UPS warehouse. The managers were not motivating, the employees weren't doing their best work because they were to busy trying to show up the managers. The culture was terrible.
Pros
it was work
Cons
terrible culture, bozos for managers, employees cared more about themselves than doing the best work they could.
Loved this job
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILJune 25, 2017
Working at ups was a very wonderful life experience they taught me how to work at a fast paced tuff investment the supervisor new all employee n helped n encourage them to be the best n how easy it was to learn n do there job
Pros
Very friendly
Cons
Hard work
its a okay side job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 25, 2017
UPS is a okay place if you need the money, and it does have very good benefits. The people there have no respect for one another. they use foul language and do not think twice about it. there is not nothing really enjoyable about it.
Fun work, but there is a lack of hours.
Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 24, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company, but I most definitely recommend someone to look for a secured position, not a seasonal one. If you choose a seasonal position, they will often not give you the hours you need.
Pros
Social work, nice pacing
Cons
No real benefits for seasonal employees.
I love working at UPS
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2017
I was 18 when I started working at UPS as a package handler. This job help me work harder knowing that I can progress to better with all of it benfits
Pros
You get to tactical work out while working
Cons
You have to pay for lunch
iam looking for employment as soon as possible.
Loader and Unloader (Former Employee) –  Gray, LAJune 24, 2017
work steady, complete as many tasks that you can complete during that day, work inside a safe environment, love working with any and everyone, the bottom line is thatb i am interested in working for you guys.
Pros
steady work, and great pay and benefits.
Cons
short breaks.
Package delivery driver
UPS Driver (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJune 23, 2017
Good job, excellent benefits, work at your own pace, but sometimes can be very stressful with a lot of heavy lifting

Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
Management not so good
Nice people, tough work
Loader (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 23, 2017
To be fair, they warn you when you start out. It is hard work. In the summer it's boiling, and in the winter it's freezing for the first half until you've worked up a sweat. Nice people. Great place to stick around if higher education is not in your plans because there are many opportunities for advancement. High turnover rate.
Fun
Unloader (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 23, 2017
After a 30 day of no injuries they throw a BBQ , and safely is excellent. They Provide us with good benefits, and also pays for your schooling. They always give us safety lession
Pros
safety
Cons
short breaks
Productive, Organized
ON THE JOB TRAINER (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2017
Would Recommend to a friend. Starting salary is low but there is room for advancement. Good job if you're willing to learn. The people are great My coworkers made this job worthwhile. Consistent hours
Fasted pace and fun
Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 23, 2017
I was a seasonal driver helper. I rode in the truck and helped deliver packages, It was during the holidays so there was always a lot of work it was fast paced and I enjoyed it.