UPS
6,700 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

Work Day
HR Case Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: long meeting
I first speak with the team address any issue that we may have. I will take them up with upper management if need be. I will then reply to all emails in the order they where received. any meeting schedule I will attend in a timely fashion. Create memo for the meeting after attending so that if anything I need to discuss with my team I can address them. I assign all work needed for the week and talk with co-workers making sure that know team member is struggling and needs help do to other projects that they may be helping on.
The hardest part of my job is realizing that everyone isn't going to like me but the positive is that they respect me. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that my team of employees can talk to me about any circumstance.
Fun and energetic workplace
Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee), Lancaster, CaJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: fun environment, fast paced, rarely boring, always doing something, benefits, good part-time pay
Cons: strenuous, very tiring
Working for UPS is perfect for college students looking for part time work. They pay more than minimum wage and offer benefits for part time workers. They're very understanding about your school schedule. Co-workers are very casual and really make an enjoyable environment. The main con is that its a very physically strenuous job. You have to be very conscious at all times to avoid injuring yourself.
Hostel Environment
Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: pay and benifits
Cons: short breaks, managers that yell daily, short hours
Ups is known as one of the biggest companies in the world. Often promoted as one of the best places to work for. The benefits are incredible and the opportunities for advancement are amazing, however it is a very hostel work environment. Everyday management disrespected me verbally.

As a supervisor you only have HR to talk to about any issues with management, while regular hourly employees have the union to go too. After months of frustration and complaining to hr its time for me to leave and find something new.
Package handler (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Made sure orders coming in or going out are processed. Achieved daily order quotas/goals. Worked quickly and efficiently to sort products by type and destination. Operated forklifts and pallet jacks in a safe manner. Used headset technology to efficiently track order placements and locate them in the warehouse. Package handler.
Not fun at all
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: free benefits after a year, good pay
Cons: conditions, management
Working at UPS is probably exactly how you've heard it is. Dirty, hot in the summer, cold in the winter. The work part itself is not bad, but poor management mixed in with work conditions makes it not very lovable.
good
shipping (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: nice breaks
do help from a job a good websites the job I work for is a nice job the manger are nice in the co-worker are hard worker and they don't mind helping out
Productive workplace
Training/Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Addison, ILJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: bad raises
UPS is great place to work. The people I oversee are really awesome. Everybody including managers all get alone. Just one big family once you get to know them. Most enjoyable part is just doing the job itself. Just putting on the shield (UPS logo) everyday is a great thing.
productive workplace
Preload / driver helper (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: decent lunch break and no need for a gym membership
Cons: waking up really early
a typical day at the Preload would be going in at 2 a.m or 12 a.m depending on the day and loading boxes of all sizes and different weight into trucks and organizing them by a certain deadline

a typical day as a driver helper is meeting up with a driver whatever time he tells you and delivering packages until the truck is empty no matter what time it just has to be done by 11 p.m the absolute latest or by 7 p.m if you are doing pick ups also
Human Resources
Human Resource Specialist II (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: long work days
Great work environment, opportunity meeting multiple people from all walks of life. Human resources (as an other career field) has to be what you love to do and have a passion for.

A typical work day could be starting our morning off at 4 a.m. and working non stop all the way through. It is a very fast paced work place.

I have learned more HR laws (eeo, I9 etc) and regulations than I ever thought was possible.

Management is simply that management. Some you will love some you will not.
Package Handler (Former Employee), Louisville, kyJanuary 24, 2015
Was a nice place to work, great benefits, real easy job if you get put in the right position and get a good supervisor. I would recommend to anyone wanting a small job
Fun Place
Driver (Former Employee), Addison, ILJanuary 24, 2015
This place is good to work but sometimes it can be stressful. Hours vary everyday, depending on the volume and day of the week. Sometimes I worked for 8 hours, sometimes for 10 per day.
Vending Machine around the warehouse
Loader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Come to work and start loading in trucks where my mangers chooses.
Fast paced environment with long work hours but good pay.
Driver Helper (Former Employee), West Chester, PAJanuary 24, 2015
I would drive from Philadelphia to West Chester and meet up with my driver from there we would deliver packages on our scheduled route. If I needed assistance I would call Human Resources for information. The coworkers were fun an playful but worked hard when duty called. The hardest part of the job wasn't the actual task itself but just the repetitiveness. The most enjoyable part was getting free food during our break or after work.
Great when I was there
Loader/Packer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 24, 2015
Its been a long time since I worked for UPS but when I did it was a great company. They took care of there employees and worked hard to keep them happy and focused.

I would load semi trailers on third shift and thouroughly enjoyed it
Productive and hardworking warehouse
UPS Unloader (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: nice people, nice management, equal opportunity.
Cons: short breaks for the amount of time i was consistently unloading boxes.
A typical day at work requires me to go and unload trailer trucks as consistently as i could. I learned all the 8 keys to being a productive man in moving boxes onto and off trucks. My coworkers were nice and enjoyable to be around at times. My most enjoyable part about the job was that i was getting paid a nice amount but at the same time it was kind of a workout to me.
YMCA
Carrier Management Group Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: outside working conditions, no breaks or paid time off
-Good place to meet new people
-Great interaction with children ages 3-8
-Great interaction with staff
Great workplace, fun environment,
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Trenton, NJJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: safe environment
Safety first was a big thing. Smile and be a very professional person.
great
Material Handler, (Former Employee), carnesville gaJanuary 23, 2015
great company to work for , deliver merchandise to customer homes.
My experience at United Parcel Service
Coordinator Helper/ Seasonal (Former Employee), Detroit, MichiganJanuary 23, 2015
Cons: everyone was to busy to train properly.
A typical day at work was really slow, everyone was so involved in they're own position that they didn't want to train the helpers to help them out. I learned that I had to take the iniative on my own and take a lot of notes. Some of the managers were short and some were really nice and patience. The people that I worked with were nice the drivers were nice, and the other Coordinator Helpers were nice and helpful to me. Finding work to make the day go by faster. Learning about how a Fortune 500 company is being ran by packages and how serious they take their job, especially around the Christmas Holiday.
The work is hard but worth it
Package Sorter (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: the pay
Cons: short breaks
I liked the amount of money that you can make. You get tired of lifting boxes after but the coworkers make it fun. I didn't like lifting boxes over 50 pounds. I learned how to work with packages and how to be safe inside the facility.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more