UPS Employee Reviews

Found 16,763 reviews matching the search
Good workout
Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Obetz, OHJuly 27, 2017
I would recommend this employer to a friend. I liked the structure, the fast pace, the ability to advance, and the good pay and benefits. It is a good job.
Great and fun
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 26, 2017
This job taught me alot had to deliver packages and load unload and primary sorting so I learned so many good stuff and this job was a hardworking but great paying job
fun place to work
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 26, 2017
on a typical day i would pick orders then after the picking section was finish i would go help shipping so we all can leave. also helping load the trucks.
Ups
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 26, 2017
It was a great job. During pick it season it had great hours but after it was over. I always working and there on time but the supervisors were lookimg out for other people instead of the hard workers.
Benefits
Cons
Managnent
great for college kids
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 26, 2017
great for students they pay for school the work is hard but your classes will be paid and you have chances for a job and you are part of the union and will have job security
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 26, 2017
Decent place to work if you don't mind enduring low pay and low hours until you can get full time. Once you do become full time, work/life balance is low.
Pros
Benefits once you are eligible for them
Cons
low pay and low hours until you can go full time. Not much work/life balance.
Shift working at UPS
Full Time Specialist (Flow Control) (Former Employee) –  Whites Creek, TNJuly 26, 2017
high stress and very intense depending on what management level you had to deal with. Immediate management was great to work for it was the upper management that would come in and have personal feelings and employee's were not treated professionally
benefits
Cons
hours, peek season
A great place to work
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 26, 2017
fast paced environment that requires a lot of stretching, bending, pulling, and pushing. A diverse work atmosphere. There is many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
humid condition in the summer
Part-Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 26, 2017
This job will teach you the value of holding your people accountable. A typical day at work can yield high levels of stress if you allow it to be. Management are typically strait forward with their actions, at times can be viewed as a mentor.
Pros
Great place to develop managerial experience
Cons
High levels of stress
Seasonal Driver Helper
Seasonal Delivery Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 26, 2017
Pretty easy job. I used a golf cart to make seasonal deliveries during the Christmas season. I enjoyed it and working without direct supervision was really nice. Had a good trainer who took time to show the ends and outs of job. I would load golf cart with packages delivered to a storage unit. Would sort packages by area and load cart for delivery then, drive cart through the neighborhood making deliveries. Only thing surprising to me was the lack of care or concern for the safe handling of packages. It was pretty shocking. I had to deliver packages that were soaked from rainfall. Very low pay for such labor intensive work. Not really worth it all things considered.
Pros
Autonomous work enviroment, meet nice people
Cons
Working in rain in exposed golf cart
Decent place to work at!!!
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJuly 26, 2017
Typical day at work is scanning packages,loading and unloading truck and sorting out packages to go to there designated locations!!!great team-work environment..lots of laughs and pretty much everyone was there to do their jobs productivly!!
Pros
Meet great people
Cons
NO benefits for part-timers
Ok Job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2017
UPS (Freight) is not like the UPS smallpack devision, its more stressful plus company never wanted to buy the right equipment for the job, but expect it to be done..
just a seasonal job with no benefits
Part time seasonal Package delivery Carrier (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJuly 26, 2017
Seasonal job, delivering packages to homes and businesses,
needs some more organization, overall it was ok, but no chance of been hired full time, even do they tell you that this is a step to do it
Pros
good for part timers
Cons
not a full time job, nor a step into a full time job like they calim
Great Place to work
Package Sorter (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2017
This is a great place to work if your in you senior year of high school. Flexible hours, great benefits, and the company has a program that helps college students with fiances.
Pros
Good workmates
Cons
Lifting heavy packages
Very fast pace and continues work.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 26, 2017
It's a great job. I was only seasonal both times, but I loved every bit of it. From the work to the environment to the pay. I would recommend this as a long term job.
Hard work good hours decent pay
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 26, 2017
I loved this job the fact that I could get a workout and get paid at the same time was very nice. I'd love to work there again but I haven't found a hub near me.
Pros
You get a workout
Cons
It's a very physical job.
Fast paced, grueling but energetic work environment.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 26, 2017
Hustling from start to finish, UPS has taught me time management skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to behave in a professional manner. The hardest part was keeping time during the holiday season where there seemed to be endless amounts of packages and next-day-air that needed to be delivered. The enjoyment involved was greeting customers and seeing the truck almost empty.
Nice Company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 26, 2017
Good company to begin a career and start you professional work experience. The work life balance is fine and it is very hard work but it is rewarding. The days can be high stressful but the work builds character.
Pros
hours, work, people
Cons
Union mentality sometimes
Productive work place
Mailbox Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs COJuly 25, 2017
I love working at this store, I get the opportunity to learn about customers in a diverse setting and am able to continue my educational career. I have learned how to be organized and able to multitask under pressure.
Great second job
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 25, 2017
This is a great company to work for with great benefits for a part time job. I would recommend this job to anyone looking to obtain a part time job with great benefits.