UPS Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,728 reviews matching the search
Social workplace relying on skill sets
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTMay 23, 2016
A lot of this was customer service. Helping them with their copying and printing needs. This was my first job, so I learned a lot about listening and following through with managers directions along with addressing customer's needs.
Stressful at times
Dellivery Helper (Former Employee) –  Edenton, NCMay 23, 2016
While working to Tyrrell Prison Work Farm there was little to no air in the inmate living area so the officers would be hot. Overall the benefits was excellent.
It was ok
Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2016
Just something that I did for a seasonal job. It does require a lot of movement and you really should be fit to work in this position. I am the opposite of fit and this job was very challenging for me. I would never work here again.
nothin
Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 23, 2016
i liked working there. I like working because it was fun and fast paced.MY coworkers were cool and calm. the hardest part was keeping focused at such a fast pace.
great place to work if your fulltime
Unloader, Loader, Sorter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2016
i ejoyed the work everyday. I learned alot and worked at a steady pace to meet daily requirements. my supervisors were cool but my co-workers were kind of lazy.i didnt enjoy the hours or pay was enough to take care of my bills that i had
Tough job made harder by bad apples
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Latham NyMay 23, 2016
Overall, the job is a tough one, and a relatively few bad apples in management made the job tougher for everyone. Compensation had been dropping for a long time, and new guys in the door are basically screwed.
Pros
Stable employment, Ok pay
Cons
Abusive environment, long hours.
accuired excellent customer service skills
Brown Representative (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 23, 2016
Very structured, worked with customers shipping and receiving packages. I completed all my mailing duties such as, maintaining contracts for personal mailboxes. I also had closing duties such as counting inventory and cash drawer.
Pros
customer service skills
Cons
no upward mobility
Logistic's Handler
LOGISTICS HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Arkport, NYMay 23, 2016
This was a seasonal position. Fast-pace, deliveries on a time schedule.Great company with room for growth. My co-workers were always willing to help answer any questions or concerns I had.
Needs to go back to the basic
Operations Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2016
This company is so money oriented they do not really care about their customers nor their employees. They will approve anything without thinking about the cost in the long run. They will go out of business if they do not take their customer and employees into consideration. They do not allow for overtime for my position and they expect you to be available when they want you there. Typical work days are ok, but the management team can sometimes be demanding without courtesy. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the attitudes of drivers, customers, and customer reps.
Pros
ok healthcare
Cons
no recognition
Excellent
Delivery driver assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2016
UPS is a great place to work, if I ever had a chance to go back I would. I still apply for seasonal when school allows me too. My co-workers were great, The hardest part that it didnt continue to permanent. I learned how to stay focus, become more organized and do things in a timely manner.
Pros
Excellent start pay
Cons
temp assignment
Great experience
Driver's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAMay 21, 2016
Very good had fun yeah very cool time delivered packages and organized stuff in company headquarters as well as neighborhoods.
The leader in the industry
Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NYMay 21, 2016
Service providers (drivers) for UPS are the hardest working men and women I've ever known. The days are long and arduous. We work in every weather condition, deal with every situation that may arise (dogs, bad drivers, traffic etc) and still provide the best service to the public.
benefits
Cons
hard physical work
Good company to work for.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Landover, MD 20785May 21, 2016
8 to 9 hrs a day sometimes 10. Hard work pays off. Management had their job to do and so did I. A good group of guys. Most of the time you had to eat lunch on the run. Hardest park of the job was when they went to a 150 lb weight limit. The independence and making the customer happy and finishing on time.
Discriminatory Work Environment
Lead Accounts Payable Associate (Current Employee) –  Throop, PAMay 21, 2016
At UPS, I have to put up being harassed on a daily basis. I have to work for a female manager that discriminates against men and knowingly allows women to harass men and force them to do their work assignments.
job was good but not too many hours
package handle/ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 20, 2016
learn how to operate different types of machines
hardest part of the job was when it comes to peak season (November through December)
benefits
Cons
hours
Hard work
PACKAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 20, 2016
This is a very good job for guys that are 18 to 22 , it can take a lot of out you if you are not lifting properly or bending properly.
Fun place for temporary work
DRIVER HELPER (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 20, 2016
I enjoyed being a Driver Helper. I did not enjoy having to deal with the human resources department or the union. My co-workers were always pleasant and fun to talk to.
Pros
easy work
Cons
varying hours
Needed money and they needed to have trucks loaded
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 19, 2016
Needed a job so I took it and I worked and got paid for my work. I loaded packages onto trucks that was it. I worked at 3 am and ended at 8.
Pros
Made money
Cons
Worked at 3 am
Not so much of a fun place to be at kinda depressing
Package handler (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 19, 2016
Job not that bad just don't like the fact we have to call a hour before our shifts don't like the idea of not having a set schedule for the most part.
Cons
short breaks, not having a set schedule
UPS Choice
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 19, 2016
a typical work day consist of 3-5 hrs of loading/unloading. The job is a fast paced, physically demanding job. If in the unload your working typically from 6-10 pm. In the other hand preload starts from 4-9am. The Job is flexible enough to attend school/ other job , etc.
Pros
Flexible Schedule-Part Time, Opportunity for other work if necessary
Cons
Low Pay- If chosen for Full Time 50 hr work week 9-7