UPS Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,918 reviews matching the search
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJune 23, 2016
I enjoyed the position, great drivers and benefits.

Typical work day:
receives, screens, and route over 400 incoming calls plus other electronic correspondence; pass out over 100 job assignments to drivers; as well as, completing all necessary forms, log documents into the system and route them to the appropriate parties. This department was central center for 7 department.

Learning Experience:
Shipping, union policies, proper handling issues, situations and circumstances. I learned something new everyday.

Management/Coworkers
Open door policy. I work as directed

Hardest part:
Working with people who don't take pride in their work performance and office conduct code.

Enjoyable part:
working well with a team
Pros
Fortune 500 Company
Cons
healthcare, stock
Very physically demanding, yet there's always a high sense of accomplishment at the end of the night.
Loader (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 23, 2016
Being a loader at UPS you're basically getting paid to work out. Highly physically demanding work, but you always have a strong sense of accomplishment at the end of the night. I enjoyed working with UPS immensely. My crew was always willing to work as a team and help others whenever it was needed. The only issue is that it takes years to get into full time. I most definitely would work for UPS again if I had the opportunity.
good stable company
Lead Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 23, 2016
Good work environment, good pay scale. I am looking for a change to give me more of a challenge, perhaps in sales. Excellent retirement benefits.
Pros
pay
Cons
confined to workstation
Warehouse/organized
Package Handler-unloading/loading (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 22, 2016
Unloading merchandise , learning how to use different machinery management was organized , coworkers were fun and friendly , the hardest part was working alone with heavy loads, most enjoyable part of the job was the enviornment.
Difficult job
Pre-Load Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 22, 2016
I did not enjoy much of my time while with this company. They do not treat their employees very well. Moral is always low. I would not recommend this job.
benefits
Cons
n/a
Productive work place
Full-Time Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILJune 22, 2016
It was an okay workplace. i mostly worked outside , going door to door or inside the building ordering package bins.
Its okay, kind of boring, not enough hours.
Package Handler/Shifter (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 22, 2016
I love working 3rd shift. I'm a night owl. This place is good for people that don't need a whole lot of money or hours. I need it though. Its not somewhere I could spend the rest of my life at. I've met tons of great people, good friends, and my supervisor is an awesome guy. I love that I've moved on up really fast and became "cerc" which is someone who meets and trains with the new hires. I love talking to new people.
hard work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILJune 22, 2016
In this physical and fast-paced position, package handlers continually lift, lower and slide package between 25 and 70 lbs. Great for college students and parents, part-time employees usually work 3 to 4 hours a day, Monday through Friday. We also offer a variety of shifts throughout the day and evening to help make the world work better for you.
ups review
seasonal ups driver helper (Former Employee) –  Northumberland, PAJune 22, 2016
worked hard helping to deliver packages.learned about my community and picked up more skills. found it very rewarding.
Great Benefits
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, COJune 21, 2016
A typical work day begins with set up of area. Supervision of all employees regarding their work ethic and methods. Ensure that packages are handeld properly and end up in the correct destination in a timely manner
Pros
HARD WORK
Cons
HARD WORK
decent moving company
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSJune 21, 2016
Delivering furniture and appliances to customers, fixing things for the customers, doing transfers to another colortyme if they needed something.
productive,friendly,fun workplace
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Frostproof, FLJune 21, 2016
Great place to work, frienly co-worker,very helpful each other and very professional, very good scheduled, and customers very friendly too.
steady work/ extreme demands
RPF Line Lead (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJune 21, 2016
We always had work and job security but we rarely had a balance between work and home. I enjoyed the work and the people I worked with
horriable
Package Car Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 21, 2016
don't work here there is too may problems that go on. treated like horriable, abused as an employee, they will fire you over anything, don't pay well at all. it was just a job to have a job.
Pros
Cons
everything
great fun to work with planes
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJune 21, 2016
great company to work for while working outside, loading and unloading planes also sorting packages for cities, also working with other people as a team
easy
Driver (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJune 21, 2016
the work was easy, mgmt kept breaking promises, and giving excuses. trucks looked new, didn't always like new. seats were very uncomfortable.
Interesting Place to Work
Sr. Sales Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 20, 2016
The company provides the best benefit for their employees, but the wages is below the average market.

Fun place to work

Education Assistance
Pros
Banefits
Cons
Compensation
Run the other way if you want a life
operations supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 20, 2016
Money is great but if you can't spend it with the people you love then it's worthless.
Drivers are protected by the union but supervisors are slaves to management. I don't see my spouse except on weekends- literally! The management is demeaning and critical. No moral, nothing to look forward to.
I've worked here for over 10yrs and it just keeps getting worse... So like someone said in another comment, if you don't mind being married to your work, then have at it!
Pros
Money
Cons
no life
Fast-paced environment
Loader &Supervisor (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOJune 20, 2016
A typical day includes managing employees, maintain corporate compliance, and meeting safety, service, and production standards. I have learned how to become an effective manager. Management is difficult at times but are committed to organizational objectives. Co-workers at the frontline supervisor level vary. Some are actively engaged and others are actively disengaged with the organization. The hardest part of the job is being able to adapt at a given moment within the allotted amount of time in an average work day. The most enjoyable part is the people. Employees, Co-workers, and management are all inside of the same building every day and each person has a role that contributes to the service UPS provides. If you don't collaborate, the structure of the organization wouldn't exist.
Pros
Tuition assistance, vaction days, discretionary days, insurance
Cons
extreme conditions, employee involvement
Great health and other benefits with finanicial aid
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 20, 2016
I'd step through the security guard shack at 10:30 am and set everything up to the trailers loaded with boxes heading out their destinations. I've picked up on how to keep myself safe around dangerous machinery and equipment. Used a lot of communication, which helped team building. Co-workers all helped and assisted me. Hardest part would have been the physical work, which I personally enjoyed. Most enjoyable part of it all would be start time, and physicality of the job.
Pros
benefits, physical work
Cons
part time hours, no acknowledgement from superiors