UPS Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,748 reviews matching the search
Its ok
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 25, 2016
The job was good and very busy during the holiday season. When "peak" arrived in March there was no more work. Would come in and not know what you would be working on. Most were sent out to different accounts to do the work they didn't want their employees doing. Would rather train new people every week then to make one current employee happy. Management was quite hands off and unprofessional. The pay was a joke. Tried advancing a few times with no luck so had to move on.
Pros
Cons
compensation
load packages in truck
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 25, 2016
i have make a lot of new friends there and we have fun working together everyday. Summer was the hardest part to work at ups.
Pros
drink anytime. eat anytime.
Cons
short brake
Hot place
package handler (Current Employee) –  New Stanton, PAMay 25, 2016
I unload trucks which doesn't bother me but it pays well and short shifts which is very nice. but a hot place in the summer.
high pace environment
Operations Part-Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 25, 2016
If your not able to work in fast pace environment then you will be able to work here. It can be overwhelming for anyone who is not use to this type of job.
Terrible Management
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 25, 2016
In my particular location management tries to fit entirely to much volume into a four or five hour shift. In my opinion in order to get that much volume out, an eight hour shift would be much more reasonable. I personally was told by a full time supervisor that in my time period at the company,three years, I had loaded more packages than any other employee, but when I voiced my opinion that as the company grows management is asking to much of their hourly workers in such a short period of time they told me I just needed to "get in there and do my job." When I tried to reason further I was told by a member of management that "You need to watch yourself you now have a target on your back to get fired." I often leave a five hour shift feeling like I have worked a very hard ten or twelve hour shift comparable to when I used to work asphalt construction.
Fun Paced hard work to do out doors
Driver Helper, UPS (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 24, 2016
Working with great drivers and getting to meet great people along the delivery route. Also made for a good work out being on your feet while running packages.
Pros
being out doors
Cons
bad weather conditions
fun part time job
loader (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 24, 2016
if you are in school its a really good job you dont get alot of hours each week but you learn how to work fast loading trucks and unloading trucks its a good job
Physical work
Production Sorter/Loading Dock Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMay 24, 2016
A lot of hard physical work. What I've learned is that hard work paid off. Management was good as long as you did what you were supposed to do.
N/a
Driver (Former Employee) –  North Dartmouth, MAMay 24, 2016
I was only with UPS for a couple months as a seasonal driver but enjoyed working with the company. The Other drivers where very helpful when I first started.
loader
Truck loader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2016
 Must be adaptive to new tasks in the warehouse.
 Counting and verifying incoming products.
 Opening and de-trashing received products.
 Processing and pre-sorting the units
i just wish it was more then seasonal
Drivers Helper (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 24, 2016
i enjoyed working at ups i loved the drivers and i would work for them any day. i got several hours and made good money. although it was supper cold. some drivers were nice to work with and then i ran into some who would actually would let you do all of there work while they just sat and did nothing.
Good job experience
Truck loader (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 24, 2016
It helped me work in a faster work place.
The supervisors are polite and helped you if you needed anything, co-workers I didn't really get to know my co-workers because the job was so busy you had no time to communicate with my co-workers,
I enjoyed the fast paced environment.
A very fast paced workplace
Package Handler/Pre-Loader (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 24, 2016
UPS was a very fun place to work at. Basically you get paid to excercise. Management is bad, they can be very over bearing at times and there is a ton of micro managing all the time. The best part and most enjoyable part of the job was belonging to the Teamsters Union Local 79.
Pros
Great pay and full company paid health benefits. Pension and 401k.
Cons
No family life for drivers
Fun Workplace
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMay 24, 2016
Hardest part of the job is when there are a ridiculous amount of packages coming down the belt and you have to keep up with it and work as fast as you can. Most enjoyable part of the job is how easy it is to get along with people no matter age or gender which makes it easier to communicate and get the job done.
very challenging place to work
Part time Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 23, 2016
job is very challenging place to work for. big organization, fast pace. hard work. must be aware of your surrounding. safety is emphasis. management can be difficult at times. must co worker are easy to get along with
Pros
advancement opportunities, good benifits for a part time job
Cons
hard working fast pace environment
Excellent wages and benefits
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 23, 2016
Great opportunity to earn a decent wage and employee benefits. The work is labor intensive, so being in prime physical shape is a must if you wish to thrive in this working environment. The job is 2nd shift, so it may not be suitable for everyone's schedule.
Pros
Health Insurance and Benefits
Cons
labor intensive, repetitive movement
Incredibly hard job
PACKAGE DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 23, 2016
I actually enjoyed working as a package delivery driver, but I was in the minority there. Everyone seemed to hate the job. Working 10-12 hours a day makes for great pay, but makes a life outside of work nearly impossible. The management lies and hints at the idea of getting a full-time position to make you work harder, then cuts you loose whenever they don't need you. I would've loved to stay here for the long-haul if the management was more honest.
Pros
wages
Cons
hours, management
Fast paced environment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  WyomingMay 23, 2016
A decent first job for younger people that aren't scared to be worked hard. Wouldn't recommend for anyone not planning to stay for some years.
Pros
Short shifts, Great benefits, Good leadership
Cons
Back breaking work, Low pay
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 23, 2016
I really had a great team at ups unfortunately I was diagnose with multiple sclerosis and unable to work at that time. Great great great great had a blast
A Unique Culture
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 23, 2016
UPS is very competitive and preaches the advantages of the future.

I have thoroughly enjoyed gaining valuable knowledge, however, the work life/home life balance is far from equal. However, the compensation and benefits package keep you reeled in to the work.