UPS
8,217 reviews

UPS Employee Reviews

Hard work
Warehouse Loader (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 27, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: shortbreaks
As a loader you load 300 or more an hour.You work in 100 degree trailer. The benefits are really good but you have to work there for a year before you can get them.
Hard Work with great Benefits
Package Handler/Sorter (Current Employee), St Louis Earth CItyJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Not Many Full-Time positions available
Great Health benefits for part time employment. Company BBQs and annual charity and volunteer events. Co-Workers are great. Supervisors are amiable for time off, school and personal days. Need more full time positions available. Also more of a variety in the work eg. I have been multiple areas of the building but doing the same job. I can glance at a box and tell you where its going to go and about how long it will take it to get there.
fun entergetic place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), North CrolinaJuly 27, 2015
I enjoyed helping customers find solution to problems i enjoyed working with a positive self motivated team, and to help solve customers issues.
Short but fun.
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAJuly 27, 2015
Even thought the position was only a month, I enjoyed working with Billy and David at the Jonesboro locations. I would do it all over again and would hope the next time I can continue on with the company.
Very interesting job to have if you are looking forward to working outside.
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Glassport, PAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Dont have to look at your watch all the time..day goes by fast..good workout.
Cons: Low hours during the first 3 weeks or so.
At first the hours weren't so great. It lasted all through november and probably a week of december with only 4 to 5 hours of work when i was told I would be working 7 to 8 hours the whole time. But it only gets heavy around mid December towards January. Even though the job is suppose to end after new years, they kept me for another 2 weeks because the volume of shipments were still high.

Overall I enjoyed my time with my driver. I enjoyed exploring Glassport, which was where I was assigned to, and other parts higher up towards port-view. It also took me some time to adjust in the beginning as my knees kept hurting. Thankfully, once December came, my body adjusted well and I was able to handle myself better. I also lost 15 pounds working lol..so thats also a plus.
I would do it again.
Training and Safety
Preload Supervisor (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJJuly 27, 2015
the biggest responsibility as a preload Supervisor is the training of my new employees. Especially when it comes to working safely. Safety is my first priority.
Great job for students
Supervisor (Current Employee), DFW Airport, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: benefits, advancement
Cons: no breaks, physically demanding
Incredibly hot in the summer, very exhausting. I personally liked management for the most part as well as my coworkers.
I didn't care for this Job.
Shipping Agent (Former Employee), Hebron, KYJuly 27, 2015
The lead of the Overstock.com dept was not a friendly person. They never said, "Thanks for the great job" or "Thanks for working 3 hours late". Way too hot in there!
great work environment
Print Specialist (Current Employee), Palm Harbor, FLJuly 27, 2015
small close knit staff free and easy atmosphere things are always communicated and organized. Days are always busy but made fun alot of new and fun things to learn and do on a weekly basis.
i already did this.
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 26, 2015
I have already done a review on UPS, I am unsure as to why this computer is making me do it again. But I really hope this is the last time I have to do this. the end.
Fast paced work environment
Preloader (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Get a break every couple hours
Cons: short days
I liked working here , everyone was fun to be around. Management helped out wherever they were needed. The hardest part of the job was getting up at 4am to be there at 5
Very serious work environment.
Human Resources Supervisor (Current Employee), Columbus, OhioJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Experience, job enrichment, upward mobility.
Cons: Constant work overload. Redundant, fighting the same issues over and over without getting the proper assistance to be successful.
A typical day consists of accommodating the operation. Different questions and concerns people may have for HR. Also attempting to find people who are looking for that particular work. Phone calls, email blasts, etc. to increase applicant volume.

What I learned in this position is that at this level, everyone is very busy making it impossible to micro manage. This was very much so a positive, but – more... I was often on an island by myself having to figure things out on the fly. I learned quite a bit, but also made some critical mistakes along the way. Mistakes that could have been avoided with adequate staffing. I often felt like I was doing a two person job.

My co workers and I rarely were in contact with one another. We had daily communication on certain issues and topics, but they were busy running their own functions. The most difficult part of the job are the demands. The demands seemed to constantly pick up despite increase of compensation. With the lack of support from our department heads, it's difficult to consistently accomplish goals. We are consistently having to fight battles with limited resources.

The most enjoyable part is the experience that I've gained. The company truly sharpened me up and prepared me for the world. Whether it be professional communication, time management, the confidence I have to walk in a room full of total strangers and convey new information and address questions, UPS has made me better and I'm forever grateful for this. – less
What I have learned
Auditor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2015
Fun, Safe working environment that teaches you how to handle different situations.It is continuous work that will alway keep you busy.
Fast paced..hard work..
Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Great pay and great benefits
Cons: none.
United Parcel Service taught me how to be an excellent employee. It was similar to the military. I learned to be responsible, be on time, dressed correctly , and how to be a productive employee.
UPS!
Skilled Laborer [Pick-off] (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 24, 2015
Pros: physical- stay in shape. -- Benefits package.
Cons: Takes about 3 - 5 years to get full time- other wise your stuck at about 20.
This job actually was pretty cool. The fact that it was union, was even better. A lot of hard- physical work. But, who isn't ready to work when they go to-- "Work?"..
Very busy and fun place to work
Loader (Former Employee), Richmond, CAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Lots of room for advancement
Cons: There were times when the trucks were delayed.
Loaded and unloaded parcel trucks. Everyone was very helpful including management. There was room for advancement in management. Multiple shifts were available if you wanted.
Proud Culture to work within.
Sr. Senior Engineer, Corp. R and D. (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Living within the culture of UPS and it's people.
Daily work to enhance Hub Operations.

Design of sort systems utilizing maxi-code cameras and interface with Automation.

UPS Management is the finest in the world.

Co- Workers at UPS are all considered Partners and the finest in their profession.

Testing and integrating the new technology into the operation.

Pride in all of the operation that Delivers 18 million packages a day.
A nice work place
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2015
My time at UPS was nice, as well as my co-workers. My work day starts off logging on setting up for the day, and let the fun began, working in a call center u have to have an upbeat personality, and maintain a positive attitude know call is the same, you just do your best to help and then some.
Loader (Current Employee), Secaucus, New JerseyJuly 24, 2015
Pros: The workout.
Cons: The dust.
UPS has taught me alot about hard work and how important it is to work as a team. Working here keeps me off my heels and I'm always moving. Which I appreciate, because I've always been an active person my whole life.
high energy, productive work. Down to earth coworkers.
Package Sorter (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: free stuff often.
Cons: loud
I would go in and take my place on the line. The loaders would already be there and would unload packages onto the line. I would scan and sort them onto different belts behind me. The managers would be there to assist with scanner issues and encourage us to move quickly. They would also help sort if needed. If it was not too busy you could talk to your co-workers next to you. The hardest part of the job was definitely the physical aspect with all the lifting and twisting and turning. I liked this though; good excersize.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more

UPS Salaries