UPS Employee Reviews

Found 12,442 reviews matching the search
Exciting. Great work environment. An really great staff team
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2017
I like the feeling of being part of a company that values there employees. An i like the satisfaction of helping provide great customer service. I feel we make it easier for the ups delivery guys to do there job more efficient by being able to load the trucks in numerical order. It helps know where the packages is an which comes next.
Pros
Overnight hours-great benefits
Cons
Shorts breaks an standing long periods at a time
Work was hard but also easy.
Unloader (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJanuary 16, 2017
While working here the work is hard and constant. Its also easy if you think about it just putting boxes on a belt. The supervisors are friendly. The group I work with is caring and kind and make the job a friendly environment. Only downside is working everyday of the week and also going to highschool. I usually come home dead tired and go right to bed. I fit homework in where I can. Social life is now a weekend thing only for me. The pay is good as well. Overall i like my job but wish I had more free time.
Pros
Good pag rate.
Cons
Short break.
Great and Fun job easy to learn
Seasonal Driver (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJanuary 16, 2017
Hardest thing for me Really was getting to know the DIAD but, the weeks of training to learn how to work the DIAD really helped out alot and became easy to figure out.
A typical day is great getting to know the customers
Coworkers are amazing and friendly
Pros
Free Dinners after shift of work
Cons
Breaks
Easy job that pays good money
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJanuary 16, 2017
Working with UPS was a great opportunity. Even though the position was temporary , I was treated like a normal employee. I learned alot such as sorting and loading mail while working for ups. I also got to explore new places and learn new towns. As far as managment , UPS is great. You can call and talk to your managers at any time about anything as far as job wise. The managers are also understanding. The hardest part of the job is really getting packages delivered on time in the midst of traffic.
Pros
Friendly environment and great benefits
Cons
Hours vary denpending on the amount of packages
Sorry copmany
Feeder Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Don't work here. Run as fast as you can and look for something else. The union takes care of people who don't care. Management runs around like it's a fire drill all the time.
Pros
Insuarance
Cons
No room for advancement
Productive and fun environment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2017
Really enjoyed the experience in a warehouse setting learning new skill. I could picture myself at a company like this long term
Productive work place
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 16, 2017
This was a great job love the friendly leads, an supervisior that they had there wonderful hours an benefits that was available and the union was awesome.
Fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Everyone is family, vendor group and supervisors get along are respect to each other. Perfect place to work in. Schedule is perfect for a student can easily work at night while attending school in the am.
Flexible hours
Sorter/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2017
Working for UPS was okay because the hours worked with my schedule but the work environment was extremely stressful. During peak season, we would walk into the shift having to clean up the mess from the previous shift which made our work load harder and more frustrating.
Pros
only working 4 or 5 hours
Cons
short breaks
Great Company
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAJanuary 15, 2017
UPS is a fantastic company to work with,they do not have consist work hours which can be very frustrating at times. However they have great pay, medical benefits and for part timers they will pay for the college tuition if they have a partnership with the school. coworkers are iffy its always best if you keep your head down and do your job right.
Pros
College & Medical
Cons
not consistent work hours
Horrible working conditions
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 15, 2017
A fast paced job that requires you to be on your feet and requiring some dictation supervisors yelling expletives all in all an okay first job.
They work you hard for pennies
Preloader (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJanuary 15, 2017
They like to short you out your hours an also your money an they work you to death for pennies. They say the would train you but they don't even train you right they have other workers train you an it's not a lot of nice people there I like the fact that they have wonderful benefits.
Productive workplace with friendly staff.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 14, 2017
A typical day at UPS was busy with nonstop working. I learned how to effectively manage my time and work productively and safely in my environment. The management was fair, they were very interactive with the staff. My co-workers as well were very helpful and friendly they made the workplace better. Ultimately, the work hours were unreasonable which made the job very hard. However, I enjoyed meeting new people and learning new skills and that made the job better.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Unreasonable work hours, 10 minute break
Hard work, seasonal. Christmas rush
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJanuary 14, 2017
What you'd expect at a package handling facility during Christmas time. Hard and fast pace. Supervisors were the right amount of tough and that should be necessary.
Pros
Experience, almost free gym. Basically working out and getting paid.
Cons
Short breaks, union fees. Once you're out of the job then you can't go back
Great workplace , great managment
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 14, 2017
Good environment, good people , fast paced , great benefits , very professional. Never slacking there's always movement in the work place.
Great Retirement Packages, Wonderful place to work!
Preloader/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 14, 2017
I loved working for UPS so much that I stayed until I retired! I was there for 25 years! It was a wonderful place to work. I learned many things while there as well.
Busy Days
DRIVER HELPER (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 14, 2017
I only worked with UPS seasonally for the holidays. The pay was good and it kept me busy. You learn skills like data entry and customer service.
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
working in not ideal weather
Fast Paced Environment with Pride
Seasonal Driver (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJanuary 14, 2017
The Seasonal Drivers are given a week's paid training and then work with their local center's supervisor or another experienced driver to learn the ropes. After that they share some of the overall load of the peak season by picking up parts or all of some of the regular routes.

It is a great opportunity to work with a renowned company and to learn what is involved in the job for those who don't mind it being a temporary situation.
Pros
Good pay, good organization
Cons
temporary work only (as a Seasonal Driver)
I have definitely grown as a leader and been strengthened in the area of management, but advancement can take a long time.
Tactical Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJanuary 14, 2017
When I arrive, I go to the meeting with my full time supervisor. He goes over the previous days/weeks numbers and our goals for the day. After the meeting, we go out to the floor, make sure we have all the trailers/equipment we need, make sure that we clock our package handlers in as they arrive. Throughout the 4 to 5 hour sort span, it is a high intensity environment. My management team and I ensure that our employees are working safely with a sense of urgency, making sure that every single package is sorted and loaded into the trailer of its proper destination. At the end of the sort, we had to make sure everything all equipment is stored and put back in it's a appropriate place, make sure that all trailers left on time to make their appropriate trains, ensure that all of our employees were paid properly, leave the work area clean leaving no packages or garbage on the floors and gratings, and turn in our daily paperwork to full time supervisor.
Pros
Great benefits, leadership building and team building skills
Cons
Limited power when it comes to discipline to hourly employees; severely underpaid
Seasonal Work with short hours.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJanuary 14, 2017
I was hired shortly before the Thanksgiving and Black Friday rush in a large group of new hires. I was told to anticipate many busy hours and days full of work, with work weeks being an easy 40+ hours. I found getting more than three hours of work a day (average) to be difficult.

Management gives a driver your phone number and an assigned number of hours you may work based on the volume. If the volume is high, you get work, if its low, you might work for an hour or two. I found this to be dissapointing.

I found the drivers and co-workers to be kind, helpful teamsters. This was a pleasant reprieve from most work places. I give UPS a five score for this reason.

The hardest part of the job was never knowing how many hours I was approved for.

The most enjoyable part of the job was driving around with my driver who did all the heavy-thinking.
Pros
Paid holidays off, great team, fun work
Cons
Bad hours, waiting on call