UPS

UPS Employer Reviews

Fun job
Driver Helper (Current Employee), Raeford, NCDecember 20, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: don't work for a long time
Work between 2 to 5 hours a day. Management was ok if they know what they are doing. The driver I help is a great dude to work with. The hardest part of the job is dogs that are loose and running around the house and or the neighborhoods. Great work for college students, part-time jobs.
great first job for anyone
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee), Hodgkins, ILDecember 20, 2014
Pros: great work environment, nice co-workers
Cons: injuries
A day loading in UPS could be a rough time for someone who is lazy and not used to hard labor, but once you get the hang of it and keep going it starts to come natural and more easier the more and more you do it. The co-workers are great, talking to them could make your whole day go by smoother,thats the best part of the job. The shift managers were – more... even cooler, especially if everyones doing their job.The hardest part of the job to me was just making it there, and once i did that i enjoyed my shift. – less
Boring, slow and long
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Monaca, PADecember 20, 2014
The managers had no clue what they were doing. definitely wish i wouldve gone and worked somewhere else.
Clerk
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee), Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 19, 2014
Pros: enjoyed dealing with the public
Cons: being a small privately owned store the advancement was not preasent.
This was my very first job that I started and worked right up until I left for college. By the time I returned to the area this store was sold to a new owner.
outstanding
Package Handler/Dock (Former Employee), tukwilla washingtonDecember 19, 2014
great work environment, very physical work. You work with a great team to get the job done quickly and efficiently. I learned excellent customer service skills though.
loader/package
Loader/package (Former Employee), NJDecember 19, 2014
I really enjoyed it. I worked there for seven years.I liked the benefits
fast, fun, energetic environment
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 19, 2014
UPS is a very energetic and exciting environmet. this job is very low hour job but pays great for how easy the job is and has great benifits when you pass 90 days. co-workers dont communicate much but the managers tend to every need in the warehouse and are very successful at doing so.
Good benefits, no life
Supervisor (Current Employee), Tinton Falls, NJDecember 19, 2014
Typical day at work is non-stop manual labor until all of the work is in the trailers. If you plan on working at UPS, use correct safety methods because it takes a physical toll on you. Part-time management are given near-impossible tasks to accomplish but they accomplish the job anyway. Upper management are on the floor directing part-time management. – more... The hardest part of the job is keeping yourself focused for the entire shift and the most enjoyable part of the job is the camaraderie. – less
sales associate (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VADecember 18, 2014
Fast-paced, customer service and good people skills needed
Easy and great place to work.
Driver Helper/Package Handler (Current Employee), Dalton, GADecember 18, 2014
When working as a driver helper they inform you when you are gonna work the morning before your driver calls you. You meet your driver at an agreed location. The work is very easy.
No legitimate opprotunity for advancement
Driver-Helper, Seasonal (Former Employee), Romoland, CADecember 18, 2014
Pros: the work is fun
Cons: dead-end
2008, 2009, 2010, and 2013 peaks under my belt (somehow got lost in the shuffle for 2011 and 2012).

Basically, they tell you whatever they need to get you to follow through for seasonal, string you along, and then promptly throw you away. They always drive hard about "if you do good, we'll rehire"... but it never happens.

Your performance doesn't – more... matter. Your punctuality doesn't matter. Going the extra mile counts for nothing. There is absolutely not a thing you can do or even have done for them, that will matter. You will get exactly nowhere with UPS as a seasonal hire hoping to advance. There are ZERO opportunities to advance into a permanent part-time (let alone permanent full-time) position.

This, of course, doesn't apply if you are a friend or family member of an upper-manager. They get right in (unseasoned and all). "Off-the-street", or even returning seasonal hires, get absolutely nowhere. The ONLY reason to work seasonally for them, is for their touted opportunity for advancement. Well, I'm telling you, there is none. It's all smoke. They need you to make rate for peak (they literally couldn't manage it without a whole slew of us) and that's IT. You mean nothing to them otherwise. The pay, and especially the severely depreciated average hours worked, is not worth even getting out of bed for. That's not why people go for seasonal with UPS.

When I was last doing it, compensation was still $8.50/hr. And if the center or hub was using EDD/PAS, you got MAYBE 3.5 hours (last time I ever netted more than 4 hours a day was back in 2009). So a whopping $29.75 a day gross before taxes and your fuel expense, for literally busting your rump to maximum (which was actually something I enjoyed, but regardless, that's not the point).

So my seasoned advice here, would be don't even think about it. Be smart and look elsewhere - ANYWHERE ELSE. Don't get stuck like I did. I now, apparently, can't get hired anywhere because I wasted too much time trying to get into UPS (if only I knew then what I know now...). Biggest mistake of my life thus far. I deeply regret it now. The 'experience' counts for nothing to prospective employers in my experience.

You cannot get ANYBODY on the phone, so don't even think this will do ANYTHING for your resume as far as experience. Your prospective employer will NOT be able to reach anybody to find out about you. You won't even have been remembered at all, anyway. No matter what. Rehire-status 1, or not. Top of the team rankings, or not. Driving WAY out of "your neighborhood" or not. I stress again, NOTHING will get you inside UPS after a season (or four). – less
cool job
Driver Helper (Current Employee), Danville, VADecember 18, 2014
has fun working seasonal it was easy on hours had a great partner that help me and din't use me
Productive.
Unloader/Sorter (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 18, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks
I loved the fun fast paced environment. My coworkers were all nice, and i loved that we could wear anything to work.
Nice learning
Pre-Loader Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Shreveport, LADecember 17, 2014
it was a fun face paced job a really great learning experience
Hard work with a fair wage and good benefits.
Preload (Former Employee), Baldwin Park, CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: good health insurance, high pay per hours for starting positions.
Cons: little room for advancement, inflexible hours
The typical day would be loading and unload trucks for several hours, with packages weighing between 5 and 70 lbs. I would be asked to help other departments, such as unload and sorting, while my main job was to load partakes into the delivery trucks. The job requires allot of movement and the ability to lift heavy objects. the hardest part of the job – more... was its inflexible hours, – less
Productive and fast paced
Package handler (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 17, 2014
Cons: no free lunch
A typical day at work loading packages onto freight trucks. I learn that loading trucks requires a lot of stamina and intense focus. The hardest part of the job is loading heavy hardware onto the trucks.
Manual labor
Senior Package Handler (Former Employee), Earth City, MODecember 17, 2014
Unloading semi-trucks, Not much else to say. Got hurt on the job which led to me leaving.
Great place to learn and grow
Senior Network Design Engineer (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJDecember 17, 2014
Pros: great leadership
Cons: career growth
Typical work Day: Work on New Network Designs, Attend Project meetings, Team meeting, Working in Lab on new technology services and devices. Study and research of new technology and services, and mentoring.
I learned that with communication and creativity a person may be successful
My management was very supportive.
I enjoyed working with my coworkers. – more... Great team work environment.
The hardest part of job: N/A
The most enjoyable part of job is learning and working with my coworkers to build a robust and state of the art Network – less
Great company to build your career with
On-Road Supervisor / Driver Trainer (Former Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: health insurance benefits
Cons: very hard work during "peak" season
UPS is a great company to work for. They abide by a "promote from within" philosophy. This helps ensure that the people that move upward are familiar with how the UPS culture works. It makes good business sense and develops a solid work ethic for the individual.

They provide tuition reimbursement for college students which is a sure plus! The health – more... insurance benefits are hard to pass up as well. I've known many UPSers that have held only a part-time position (in addition to outside full-time jobs) for YEARS just to take advantage of these benefits.

They've been around for over a century. I believe they've accomplished this, in part, through the hiring of such a diverse workforce. Definitely an employer worth considering. – less
Fast pace and safe work enviornment
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 17, 2014
At UPS the job was very fast pace and consistent. If not physical and mentally prepared the job could have an effect on your health. Its important to stay hydrated and also use proper techniques when handling packages. Overall the job was fun, it can have a lot of wear and tear of the body over the years.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more