UPS

8.4K reviews

UPS Employee Reviews

ups
Package Handler (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 27, 2015
Pros: their peak season
Cons: seniorotiy ego trip
nothing to say about this job it was ok to work there there could have been more hours
we went over volume opend the trucks started working got a break to go eat or smoke or just go sit down then back to work until the time to go
Great opportunities for advancement, but not a young person's culture
Global Sales Operations - CRM Technology Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2015
UPS has great opportunities, but the culture is geared towards 40+. The building is always quiet like you are walking on eggshells, but definitely diverse and good place to settle for the long haul.
Stressful, no-win environment for middle management
FRONT-LINE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHAugust 26, 2015
Middle management (front-line, part time supervisor) was the worst position in the company. No matter what, you never could have a good day. Upper management and the union employees wouldn't allow for it. My advice would be to stay in the union unless you have a degree to try and go full time.
I love my job.
loader (Current Employee), AtlantaAugust 26, 2015
Pros: easy to come up in company
Cons: non
A typical day for me is loading and unloading trucks in a timely manner. I've learned the basic of the company in my first few months. I have great managers, and my co workers are cool. Their really isn't a hard part to the job. The most enjoyable part is it is easy to grow in the company.
UPS
Package Handler (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 26, 2015
As a part-time Package Handler, I have learned and still learning that you have to multitask and plan ahead for future events that may occur.
High pace get it done environment.
Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 26, 2015
Challenging and rewarding job. There is constant movement in positions plenty to learn and improve on. The people are fun to work with.
wonderful place to work
Package Supervisor (Current Employee), Kankakee, ILAugust 26, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: not full time
I love my job and love to come to work everyday fun place to work wonderful management team wonderful co-workers just wish that they had full time positions available
Holiday position
Driver Helper, Sales Route (Former Employee), Bound Brook, NJAugust 26, 2015
Pros: time flies, fast paced
Cons: must have the physical abilities
Great Job, fast paced you work hard and time flies should be able to lift more then 50lbs great as a second job during the holidays for extra cash
Good starter job.
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Hodgkins, ILAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Union membership and good benifits.
A decent place to work provided you have no aversion to a fast pace and hard work. The excellent benefits including help with college expenses make it worthwhile especially for younger individuals looking to start a career or go back to school.
They use good workers
package handler (Former Employee), philidelphia paAugust 26, 2015
You have to wait years for fulltime and they over use you when you work good it is full of alot of lazy people who do the bare minimum to get by.
Productive fun place
Driver Helper/Package Handler (Current Employee), Sparks, MDAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Slow Managers
I like the opportunities that brown offer for men with families after they after they have put in time with the company. Great Benefits, Insurance discounts, phone discounts, menswear discounts, and union support.
a typical day at work
package handler (Current Employee), louisville, kyAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Free schooling night shift
Cons: short breaks anyone can move up to be sup.
it is a fast paced place to work time can seem to go slow but fast you are constantly working and moving throughout the day you are there work along side regular people with same knowledge you have the chance to show others how to succeed and get through the night by lifting and lowering up 70+ pounds . you can take advantage of ups by furthering your career by school to work or earn to learn so you can go to college and it will be paid for or have half paid either way ups is a great company to work for.
A great place to work with great people
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee), Richmond, CAAugust 25, 2015
a great company to work for plenty of perks and simple work that's fun to do and fun to interact with customers everyday. partly physical labor but manageable.
Great place to work!
Preferred Customer Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 25, 2015
UPS provided supportive management in all departments, open door policy.
UPS had work/life balance
Wonderful benefits
Paid vacations
Personal Paid days
Group of excellent co-workers
Very fast paced enviroment
Package Handler (Former Employee), Doraville, GAAugust 25, 2015
it was great work place to work ,really decent hours everyday sometimes weekend work only problem is trying to advance in the company people pick favorites
no room for advancement
Warehouse II Employee (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 25, 2015
Pros: weekends off
Cons: no advancement
If you were good at one thing, thats all they wanted you to do. I was there for 4 years and stayed in the same account the whole time i was there, because i was good at my job. bs if you ask me.
SAP FUNCTIONAL EDI/SD/LE CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Great location, great peers.
Cons: Old mindset, not enough ERP knowledge in upper level management
Good place to work in general. Managers are great and very understanding.

Management at times are a bit too ambitious and set unrealistic deadlines but that is true for almost any company.

However it's a great place if you are just getting your feet wet in the SCM IT world.
Professional, Diverse, and Fun
UPS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Lansing, MIAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Aetna Health Care, 30 days a year paid vacation
Cons: Only 15 hours a week
Enjoyed working for U.P.S. Management seemed to be on top of things such as MSDS training, Safety policies, equipment operations, and others situations that may need addressing. My favorite part of the job was watching the jets land and take off, the turkeys on Thanksgiving, the ocassional barbecue and the employees I got to associate with. United Parcel Service is one of the more proffesional companies I've worked with.
Don't do it!!!
Cashier (Former Employee), MIami,FLAugust 25, 2015
Pros: you get sunday off.. that;s about it
Cons: no breaks, no benefits
The retail store in Cutler Bay in the Southdade shopping center is a horrible place to work. The owner is rude/ungrateful and could care less about anyone or anything. All the owner is concerned about is taking peoples monies. NO breaks are offered , even when they see you working past 8 hours, The owner will do or say anything to get employees, after they are hired you see the "real" person . The owner is fake and insincere and tries to buy your friendship. The owner does not feel like anybody could succeed in life or do better. She's unsure of how you can even survive without her money. She's like to remind you its her money and if it wasn't for her you would not have . The turn around is hilarious and she could care less. She's unappreciative to the people that actually care and have feelings. She talks/makes fun of customers, charges extra, oh boy I can keep on going . Unless your desperate for quick cash, do not give this owner the pleasure. you'll regret . Her biggest concern in life is, where her next meal will come from and who will go get it for her.
Dismally hard working environment.
Driver Helper/Package Handler (Former Employee), Stratford, CTAugust 24, 2015
Pros: None.
Cons: Long hours, back breaking work, no benefits, harsh weather conditions to work in and no respect.
This company goes through employees like a truck driver goes through toilet paper at a truck stop restroom. This analogy is apt because UPS treats its employees like the c**p you leave in a toilet (disposable and with no respect). With also the mindset being that there is plenty more where that came from. They treat employees like they are a dime a dozen and therefore are not entitled to the least bit of respect. Nor would they give the employees benefits like medical health dental because they treat the employees like slave laborers. Work them till they drop and replace them. I am glad I don't work for them anymore. It is a lousy company to be employed by.
Headquarters