UPS
7,557 reviews

UPS United States Employee Reviews

fun and productive
Package Handler (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2015
I learned a lot at this job, it was a air hub so we did both ground and air delivery, really fast pace job, you do your job i do mine and were out of here in a few hours! great place over all. Also a great place to start low and over time move up in the company
fast paced environment
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 3, 2015
As soon as you step on to the truck boxes are flying at you. Can be hard to keep up until you are used to it. Worked in the summer so it became very hot in the trucks. But the good part you worked four hours then you went home.
Fun Workplace
Package Handler (Current Employee), Elm Grove, WIMay 3, 2015
Pros: friendly environment, great pay, outstanding benefits
Cons: not enough hours, short breaks
Working at UPS is very enjoyable, although during the first month since i wasn't use to working out i was physically drained easily but as i got further into the job lifting and unloading packages I've grown use to it and gained physical experiences that is extremely useful in alot of workplaces. It's not a hard job you just have to have a strong mind set and be motivated.
Laid back work environment. Highly focused on cutomer satifaction.
CSR (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 3, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefis package
Cons: Middle management is not as helpful as being promoted.
A normal day is comprised of balancing the work needed to get documentation completed along with maintaining the customers needs. I've learned to be more patient with others that demand my attention, which in turn has allowed others to be more open with their concerns to me. The focus of UPS is our customers, that philosophy has taught me to appreciate the willingness to help resolve concerns and issues in a respectful manner.
Injured my back
Package Handler (Former Employee), Addison, ILMay 3, 2015
Pros: Healthcare
Cons: Pay
I started working here fresh out of high school and needed anything. They only offer 3 hours of work a day. Hot, sweaty, dangerous atmosphere.
Every day was different
sorter (Former Employee), nashville tnMay 2, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: only one ten minute break even if you work over seven hours
Every day was different didn't know what time to come in the next day until you got off, didn't know what time you would even get off.
I learned they didn't care about you as a person.
The management was awful very unorganized. To many chiefs not enough indians.
The hardest part was it been unorganized
My coworkers were nice
Hot Sun
Driver helper ups (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLMay 2, 2015
A typical day at ups is hot and hard and you working with some who make more then you and that do lass work then you. but it can be very easy to move up there.
The UPS Store
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Thomasville, GAMay 2, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Was a very good job just had some bad people working there. You will learn that the customer is always right.

Just worked Part Time after school 3:30-6:00.

Hardest Part of the job would have to be that customers complain and get angry over prices thinking that you the employee can change them.
Productive and fast paced
Part Time Supervisor, UPS (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 2, 2015
Hard work, great staff, fast paced, great benefits and pay. I learned a lot about business managment. Lots of room for advancment.
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 2, 2015
Pros: Multi skills involved
Position interesting because required many skills to fulfill...the physical nature administrative, and communication...having in similar position it is why adapted very quickly...appreciate the time the drivers took to answer my questions and when saw I demonstrated strong initiative to work they provided good co-worker support what I did wrong they let me know and I worked on it to correct it...being an individual not big on constant routine, meeting in a different location every day or week was fulfilling for me...it is also a job of an even combination of guided and unguided intervention...If opportunity arises will do again
Decent place to work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 1, 2015
Cons: Long hours, Annoying Supervisor
Wasn't too difficult but very long hours and supervisor telling me to work harder and constantly coming in trucks to tell me I wasn't doing a good job.
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee), Laurel, MDMay 1, 2015
Had to help set up and connect the trucks to the building. Great spacing and packaging the boxes and other items that weight over 80lb onto trucks and off.
Technician (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 1, 2015
Pros: Loved the job, my coworkers pay and bennefits were world class.
Cons: Management horrible
Great job, pay and benefits. Had a lot of fun, perks were outstanding. Just don't want to be too detailed because this job I did was very unique and anyone I worked with or for that read this would be able to tell who I am. Sorry.
very Productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Stafford, TXApril 30, 2015
I am in management, having to deal with customers, and locating their packages, whether its lost, or on the driver truck. Co workers at ups is very friendly, sociable, and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is to locate a package and have to explain to a customer is no where to be found, and they are disappointed. i enjoy when i can make a customer happy at work.
loader
Loader Operator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 30, 2015
It was cool until I had to load a truck by myself, I didn't like it but i don't think its a bad job all you do is stack boxes into a truck some are light some are very heavy, I learned how to be thankful for air conditioners because the summer heat was felt in the factory. I was learning how to stock boxes properly and in a timely manner. The supervisors and managers were cool, the co-workers were helpful probably because I was a young lady. The hardest part was dealing with the pace of the boxes that came into the truck, the most enjoyable part of the job was going through training.
Great Place to work if you're willing to put in the effort.
Preload (Former Employee), Warrenton, ORApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Hard on the body
It's a difficult and physically demanding job, but UPS offers fantastic benefits and great pay if you're willing to put in the time and effort.
Moving Freight
dockworker (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 30, 2015
Moving freight in tight spots was the hardest but I achieved it. I got along well with co workers and my Supervisor. Left because of the hours being changed which interfered with my full time job at Meyer.
Overall good place but only part time
Supervisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 30, 2015
I worked in management for ups for 6 years. it was fast paced and kept you on your toes. Pay was good but it was only part time, so that is the only problem
Part time job with Full Time Benefits
Small Parcel Sorter (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLApril 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Not enough full time positions outside of drivers
A typical day at UPS basically involves unloading semis,and loading package trucks in the morning, and unloading package trucks, and loading up semis at night. Lots of lifting and lowering. All postions are part time unless your a driver, or upper management. But as a Part time worker, you are given full time benefits after your probation period.
Supervisor
supervisor (Current Employee), Stafford, TXApril 29, 2015
As a supervisor, my responsibilities included supervising and managing employees, documenting time
cards, starting and ending the preload belt, recording observations, issuing out safety and hazmat tests,
grading employees, training employees, ensuring all primary packages get to the customers on time.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more

UPS Salaries