UPS Employee Reviews

Found 15,217 reviews matching the search
Entertaining
Seasonal Driver Helper/ Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMay 28, 2017
Did not work here for very long (was seasonal), but enjoyed the job and the people. The work was exhausting and there was very little praise, not really a con just something to be aware of before working here.
Pros
Pay
An average workplace
Operations Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 28, 2017
It's an alright place to work while you're in school or trying to accomplish other things. I wouldn't recommend long term its not worth it. The culture is very one sided and not very diverse, also too much stress to deal with and not enough compensation
Good job
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 28, 2017
I worked during the seasonal hiring and all I can say is the experience was incredible.

As a driver helper I was able to learn a few perks from the drivers and made new friends as well.
Great stepping-stone
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Whites Creek, TNMay 28, 2017
A typical day at work here can be hard on the body, but is easy to get used to over time. Loading trucks for usually five hours a day is nice if you want to stay in shape, and this company helped me get through college, but I need full time opportunities at this point in my career.
Pros
reliable hours
Cons
management is not good
productive training and multitasking
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waukee, IAMay 28, 2017
I work with a variety of people to clear packages that are placed on hold. I use email excel access and talk to customers direct on a daily basis. I fill in for positions when short staffed and train new employees.
Pros
healthcare, vacation and flexibility
Cons
pay and advancement
Not the job for me
DA member (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXMay 28, 2017
When I first got hired, I was a package handler. The job is not bad, it is just a massive amount of manual labor. I had gotten plantar fascitis at the age of 17 from the job, so then I moved to DA. DA was not as bad, just extremely boring and dragged on through the day. The job itself is not bad for someone else maybe, but for me I dreaded getting ready to go.
Pros
10 minute break a day
Cons
Tiring, boring, drags on
Advancement opportunity and great benefits
Trainer and Outbound supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Stanton, PAMay 28, 2017
Advanced from package handler to trainer and outbound supervisor. Supervise package handling, loading operations, provide new employee orientation and training, ensure workforce engagement and motivation.
Pros
advancement opportunity, exceptional benefits, college tuition reimbursement
Cons
strenous work activity, warehouse envirionment
It's a fun place to work
Delivery Driver (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 28, 2017
There is a lot of riding, up and downs, meeting new peoples. I can't think of anything else to go with this job i only worked a month or so. It's a good part-time job.
Pros
a good place to work
Cons
Was promised to start fulltime but got part time.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 28, 2017
I was promised I was going to start out as Full time back in october, but found out it was only seasonal. So after 89 days they fire you. So glad I found another full time job that has honest management
One of a kind.
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAMay 28, 2017
When I started working seasonal at Ups 3 years ago, and they were vary gracious to keep me on I'v learned. Being that UPS was one of my first jobs I was new to a lot. I wasn't quite sure how rough my job was going to be first starting out, but with the help of UPS they put you through their comprehensive training program, and they will teach you everything you need to know. It will all became second nature and the manual labor will became nothing. It's all a very easy job after a little while.

Pros:
Decent pay.(over time)
Vacation time.
Sick days / personal days.

Cons:
Manual labor can get tiresome.
Management issues.(rarely)
Work conditions are dirty depending on your area.
Fun and flexible
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 28, 2017
It's a Mon-Fri job that starts out paying $10.00 an hr. A typical workday starts out with me setting up the rollers before e the belts come on. I get in a trailor start scanning packages,then move around to help my co workers out. Ups has taught me the value of teamwork,to always be on time, and to be aware of my surroundings. Ups can use more management .The hardest part of the job is when you sometimes have to be the worker and the manger bc some mangers don't do their jobs.
I broke my phone
Ground Crew (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 27, 2017
Did the company do anything about the work place injury and damages due to another employees actions. No, They let me go due to my accusations of complaints.
Pros
Decent people and good training
Cons
Good luck trying to get into contact with anything.
fun productive place to work at.
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 27, 2017
Ups is a great environment place to work in i learned costumer service i learned fast pacing work. there was not really anything bad about this job. The most enjoyable part of this job is that you meet great caring people. it is certainly a social environmental job.
Productive atmosphere
Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth txMay 27, 2017
Ups offer a lot of benefits and growth for any individual looking to advance his /her career. Ups offer competitive pat rate and have great insurance and a great way to pay for college tuition
UPS Is a great job to work .
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 27, 2017
It's A Great job to work at with a lot of good assets. You learn a lot of things you would think you would already know. I was an package handler so my driver taught me a lot .
Preload Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 27, 2017
It a good place to work wish i can go back good co worker good pay easy to get promoted hard work it not for everybody if you a hard worker and want to move up fast it for you
The long time established company is behind the times in hiring minorities into management; the logistics are outdated
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  2450 Rathmell Rd., Obetz, OH 43207May 27, 2017
This is a good part-time job. The benefits are excellent. Most individuals cannot make a career of this job. The opportunities are minimal for advancement within the company.
Pros
Great benefits; healthcare and tuition assistance
Cons
Outdated company in hiring practices and advancement opportunities
Ups
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 27, 2017
Diverse job site sometimes nice atmosphere. Hot warehouse not many water fountains. Great job benefits. The insurance is the best. Wear and tear on the body.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Wear and tear on the body
High demand, high stress
Pre-Load PT Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 27, 2017
It seems as if Managers care more about the production value and process rate rather than employee safety. Also, managers seem to get high stress levels and start blaming others when things don't get done on time. The negativity that goes on in these unloads are strenuous and very unfriendly.
very busy workplace
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 27, 2017
i actually enjoyed this job allot. the fast movement, everyone was friendly. the management was ok, not great but ok. allot of heavy lifting, 70+ pounds. most under 70 though.