UPS
6,765 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

Productive fast paced, safe place to work
Part Time Supervisor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 29, 2015
Cons: tough hours.
At UPS I learned how to flow volume through the building. I also learned how to not let one operation fail as one would succeed. The hardest part of the job was constantly explaining the damage control to the employees. The best part was having everything done and wrapped up for the drivers.
UPS
Supervisor (Part-time) (Current Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: has great benefits
Cons: short work hours.
My regular assignment is the off load and the loading of different types of aircrafts going to different destinations on the East and West Coast. I have learned how manage and direct up to 12 employees. I have also learned disciplining processes and how to determine what proper levels of discipline are needed. During the time I have worked there, I have learned to operate a wide variety of heavy machinery, as well.

My managers are individuals who can help with things I need. He/she aid me on a lot of situations, such as difficult employees. I work productively with my co-workers, who also cooperate with me and communicate well with each other.

The hardest part of my job is when I have to make a quick decision in order be more efficient and productive. The most enjoyable part of my job is working around the aircrafts and the pilots.
Productive, and Enjoyable place to work
Driver Helper- Delivers Packages (Former Employee), Albany, GAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: benefits, learning, experience
Cons: unexpected weather conditions
A typical day at this job, I would meet with a UPS delivery driver, where i would scan each package and deliver it to either the home or business to which it was ordered to. I learned the way the process of package delivery works. It was really exciting and enjoyable to work for UPS. Everyone I got to work with were true leaders and very respectable. The hardest part of this job would be when the weather works against you. On a rainy day that you're not prepared for can be a bit of a downer, but the job must always be completed and that is the dedication I learned here. The most enjoyable part of working here, is working here. The UPS company is an, all around, great place to work.
Great feeling when delivering packages.
Driver assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Highwood, ILJanuary 29, 2015
the most enjoyable part of working for United Parcel Service, delivering christmas gifts to children. Seeing a childs face react to his/her present made me feel good about myself.
Great Place to Work
Driver Helper/Seasonal (Former Employee), Sturtevant, WIJanuary 29, 2015
For the short time that I worked there, I was impressed with the professionalism of the drivers. It seems like one of the better places to be employed.
Productive and Fast paced environment
Warehouse Associate/Package Handler (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXJanuary 29, 2015
be prepared to work hard everyday. very fast paced environment that requires for individual production levels to improve over time. hardest part of job is standing on feet all day...
Productive and competitive work environment.
Seasonal Freight Loader (Former Employee), Bedford Park, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: competitive environment
Cons: short hours, few opportunities to advance
A typical day working at UPS was simple. The hours were short and very fast paced. Maintaining a high level of safety was always the first priority. Efficiency and working as a team with your loading partner are essential skills needed to complete tasks. Often, I was given the chance to train associates new to the job. Your loading partner and other associates on your dock made the job competitive, often encouraged by management. By management fueling the competitive attitude, this made them slightly more approachable. The most difficult part of the job was working short hours and given few opportunity to advance in the company. The most enjoyable part of the work experience at UPS was thriving in a competitive environment and training new employees.
Will work you like a dog and pay you with kibble
Package Handler (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 28, 2015
Cons: everything
Very hostile work environment. Feud between management and union workers. A constant power struggle. They have unrealistic expectations as far as speed of production and will constantly harp on you about one of three things; your speed, your work "quality", your safe work methods. They claim to stress safety as their number one priority but will continually harass you to load faster. If they see you not following one of their work methods exactly they will try to demean you by trying to make you do push-ups or squats in front of them and count out loud. Management is always talking down to workers with condescension and it's obvious that many of them are power tripping and just get off on being able to control people, they act like it is the military and they are drill sergeants. Management is so far up their own and will force you to memorize and recite on command their cult like rhetoric. The pay is lousy you only make about $160 a week and you will be sore and fatigued from the work when you're not there. Before you get approved for seniority (after 70 working days) management will try everything they can to get you fired. They tell you to report it if you feel any sort of pain or discomfort or get even the slightest injury but if you do they talk down to you about "not following work methods" and threaten to fire you or will just simply lay you off like they did me (and others that I worked with) because we reported wrist pain. Hands down the worst job I have ever had.
UPS was a fun place to work
Loader/Packer (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXJanuary 28, 2015
I liked going in at UPS sorting packages and scanning packages and stacking them from bottom to top. I learned the zip codes for most cities and states .Most of my coworkers were team players.
Great Company
Helper Coordinator/Peak Intern (Current Employee), Longwood, FLJanuary 28, 2015
Very busy work environment where management is promoted from within.
Great place to work with family like atmosphere
Driver Helper, Package Handler (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 28, 2015
Loved working for the company. Great people, great opportunities, and awesome workplace. Always helped improved people skills and it was also always nice seeing different smiling faces daily.
Fun place to work
Driver/Pre-Load (Current Employee), Nashua, NHJanuary 28, 2015
Very fast paced fun environment. When driving I am out on the road all day, delivering packages. When I am pre-loading, I am making sure that all the packages are correctly placed in the trucks for the drivers
Trips were short for the most part
Casual Feeder Driver (Former Employee), Lawnside, NJJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: hourly pay
I enjoyed working for this company. It was nice to work in company provided uniforms. The work was easy compared to other jobs I inquired in the past. Management was friendly and easy going. There was nothing hard about this job at all. Safety was the number one concern as I was provided with lots of information and practiced safety at all times.
Constant Negative Management Style
Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: work life balance, operational handcuffs
- My review of this company is that they spend far too much time on conference calls talking about what went wrong the day before and not enough time discussing progressive strategy and process improvements.
- Their daily performance report is over 200 lines long and the management feedback to managers will shift daily from the 30 main items that are generally looked at to 5 sub metrics if you had a successful day the day before.
- Very little positive feedback and top performing facilities find themselves on "Most To Gain" conference calls that last well over an hour to discuss one specific line item even if your P&L, safety, and overall operations performance is exceeding goals and expectations.
- Extremely negative work environment with little to know support coming from those that you report to. A lot of finger pointing at others with very few questions ever being asked.
- The most enjoyable part of this job were my co-workers and those that reported to me, As a company they DO treat the union employees very well and employee engagement is not hard to get if you stay organized, can handle the daily beat downs, and lead with integrity and empathy.
Great place to work!
SEASONAL DRIVER (Former Employee), Tempe AZJanuary 28, 2015
The training was outstanding. The management was outstanding. The team was outstanding. The drivers are very professional. Great place to work.
Productive, Fun to go to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Daleville, VAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: no health care, no advancement
Greeting the customers, learn different things on the computer,
Easy going boss. Everybody gets along together. Meeting a deadline for a customer. Meeting different type of people.
very intense company to work for
Service Center Manager (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 28, 2015
The typical work day was very busy from start to finish. Management was never backing you, they would always question what you did. The hardest part of the job was deciphering what my boss wanted me to do with the special projects. I would ask for an explanation and the more I asked the more upset the got. There is minimal mentoring it this company for mid level management.
Good pay for physical work.
Driver Assistant (Former Employee), Findlay, OHJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: social
Cons: wanted to work longer hours.
I met at various locations with drivers for UPS and worked with them assisting in delivery of packages.

It was a nice social job where it is interesting delivering and seeing and speaking briefly with the recipients of the packages.

The worst part of the job was the sore muscles I gained not from heavy packages, but from the two steps on the truck and the step climbing onto porches. I would have done better had I been in better physical shape.

We were told to stretch prior to getting onboard.
great workplace
Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 28, 2015
Great company to work for cares about employees and customers excellent managers as well
Very productive place to work i loved it
unloader/package sorter (Former Employee), 500 Callhan drive KnoxvilleJanuary 28, 2015
I loved working at UPS it's an awsem job. I was an unloader and sorter and i love doing both jobs.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more