UPS Employee Reviews

Found 11,960 reviews matching the search
Ups
Seasonal runner (Former Employee) –  Watertown, CTDecember 6, 2016
UPS is a very good place to work. The hours are excellent, the pay is fantastic, and the co workers are really kind and funny. The hardest part is the heavy lifting and moving packages which, lets be honest, isnt very difficult
Productive place to work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDDecember 6, 2016
If you're waiting for a delivery that is anywhere near the window that UPS provides, you are going to be sadly disappointed. They do not adhere to that window in any respect whatsoever. It is my experience that they deliver their packages when they see fit. Mostly as late as an hour and a half from the last time it was suppose to be delivered. Do not use UPS under any circumstances if you need the package delivered on time.
Extremely hard work
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIDecember 6, 2016
Fast paced with tons of heavy lifting. Only recommend to the young and very able bodied. Union is nice and the potential to grow within the company is there if you have the time to put in.
Pros
Union
Cons
Injuries are almost guaranteed
United Parcel Services Simmary review
District Field Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTDecember 6, 2016
Wonderful company to work for, tons of room for growth and opportunity. You can use this company as a stepping stone for greater opportunity where you can write your own tickets.
Decent seasonal job.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MADecember 6, 2016
Getting hired for the holidays in a part-time position is normally a great way to make some extra money for the season, but the management is quick to let you go over the smallest of injuries, even if you don't need a lot of time off for it.

The shifts are short, and you're kept so busy that the whole shift actually flies by, which is kinda great. And the other seasonal workers and belt supervisors are friendly and really great to work with. However, management above the level of belt supervisors don't care as much about anyone beneath them, aren't easy to get along with, or work for.

For extra money during the holidays, it can be a blessing, but unless you've paid off union dues and have the union to help you, the job may not even last until christmas.
Pros
Free pizza on Fridays
Cons
Poor upper management
work environment is about work. hard work is required.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 6, 2016
great company. great benefits. based on your performance you have a chance to move up in this company and do things. the pay to start is low but if you stay with the company you will benefits.
Pros
benefits are great, great chance for advancement
Cons
hours can be a little crazy
A productive, team work based environment.
Package Handler/Sorter/Delivery Driver assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 5, 2016
A average day at work was productive and fast paced. I learned new skills that i didn't previously know. Management was fair and i had a great relationship with the management team. The hardest part of the job may have been lifting very heavy packages. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay that i was able to receive to help feed me and my family.
Fast pace, friendly and very productive
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Fortpayne, AlDecember 5, 2016
I would recommend working for UPS to anyone. It's Avery strong willed, determined, fast pace, working environment. They have a very open policy.
Pros
Flexible hours, works around other job
Database intagration
Database Developer / Software Integration (Former Employee) –  LA to San DiegoDecember 5, 2016
Had the opportunity literally work with hundreds of companies and work with just about every database out there. During a typical day, I would drive over 200 miles to work with many of UPS' high-end clients.
Pros
Great Experience
Fast paced
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 5, 2016
Long hours, very high stress, zero work life balance. But you'll learn to love the people you work with to the point they become family.
Supervised the load and unload at UPS
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 5, 2016
Managed the daily loading and unloading of the operation. The best part of the job was developing other supervisors. At times it was hard working with the union.
Benefits
Cons
Advancement
Data Entry
Data Entry/3rd/Night Information Services (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILDecember 5, 2016
Data entry required perfection; less than 1% error and meeting a daily production quota. For a responsible and reliable person, this is a great organization for employment. Flexibility (working 3rd shift) was my initial draw to this position, but all employees seemed so helpful and pleasant that I enjoyed two years working through a placement agency as a temporary hire. Except for the level of pay, temporarily-hired employees were treated as part of the group and were invited to partake in UPS events. Because UPS prides itself in speed and accuracy (for tracking shipments) the employee has to meet accuracy standards (both quality & quantity quota) and a willingness to work longer hours in order to complete daily workload.
Pros
Work flexibility as UPS offers 3 shifs.
Cons
No leniency for those who are unable to be on time & meet the workload quota
Incompatible sorter dealing with packages 70lbs and higher
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  4420 imeson roadDecember 5, 2016
I still work there it's a great job have been there for 4 and a half years I work as a incompatible sorter I separate all packages that are 70lbs and more .
Pros
Great benifits and pay rate and have a outstanding union
Cons
Sometime longer hours then suppose
Excellent Benefits
Flight Operations Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99502December 4, 2016
UPS is a great employer. The only drawback is that full time positions are few and far between and the hours are not workable for a mom with school age children.
i dont know what to say
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 4, 2016
the job is not that bad u have to do the same thing over and over again you always start part time you get ten minute break. i dont know what to say so im just typing in random thins
Pros
discounts
Cons
to long for health care
Productive and fun workplace
Package handler (Current Employee) –  Ferndale, NYDecember 3, 2016
People get things done, packages get delivered, trucks get packed,
and everything gets to the correct destinations. Fast-paced work
environment where people have to work as a team.
slave labor
Sorter June, 2004 (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 3, 2016
I hate to complain about this job. I was young and in great shape. They pushed people so hard all the older guys quit. I saw a few people pass out. theyre benifits were great but it was a long term part time position
Cons
no breaks
Fast paced and rewarding
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MS 38655December 3, 2016
The work is what you would expect, handling a wide variety of packages and shipping needs. Specific store has no seats for customers or employees, take that as you will. I made an effort to be nice to customers, and it was noticed.
Great working enviornment, the printing company that promotes productivity
Retail and Shipping Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 3, 2016
A typical day at work is going into the office with mind to work hard and get results. Saving the company money and creating revenue is the primary objective. I've learned that, management is not about telling others what to do, but about motivating that individual to accomplish their duties at work. My co-workers are hard working and committed to the vision of the company. We all work together as a team to accomplish this every day, we are hear at work. The hardest part was creating those ideas and getting the target audience to appeal to us. We maintain a
Pros
We have company outings, such as Laser Tag, and bowling to create teamwork for the staff
Cons
We have short lunch breaks.
Greatful to have a job
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYDecember 3, 2016
Like every job it has its up's and downs. I would like to keep my opinions to myself. They are contracted accounts so your future is not a guarantee....
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Pay