UPS Employee Reviews

Found 11,510 reviews matching the search
Worst place ever
Sorter/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2016
Worked here for over 15 years and every year it gets worse. They basically run all the older people out so they can get nothing but young kids to work. This facility has the worst safety record ever. They have even had people get seriously hurt here. There are really no background checks done so the stealing is rampant. Anything that is not nailed down is taken out the door. The supervisors are nothing more than young kids who can barely shave and use toilet paper when they go to the bathroom. Did I mention the place is totally filthy.
Stay in the union if you have heart
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INAugust 28, 2016
This is jail. 4am work starts winter hours be there or get wrote up and in your workarea no breaks hard work 10 min breather in the middle of the 4 hour shift. If you like to work hard not smart then this the place for you. Management and Unions have constant wars people get fired and come back in a week. Union works band together Management fights each other for manpower
hardest part is getting everything done on time without touching box with out someone filing a grievance. most enjoyable is leaving
Pros
its only 4hrs for union workers
Cons
you get treated like you are nothing and favortism is at an all time high here
A BIg Pile of Junk
A mule. Anything and everything !!! (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNSeptember 25, 2016
Building is junk. Equipment is junk. No technology on the dock still living in the past. Paper and pens!! Routing is terrible!!! No comroderie between Mgmt or employees. Selfish people. Lazy people... High turn over!!! Low pay. No positive feedback only negative bs. Suck up employees. The only good thing is the Benefits. Everybody is out for themselves here. Dock only part time dirty environment. If I were you I would run and run fast!!! There is better places out there to work for.
Pros
A job. Just a job!!! Benefits are ok!!
Cons
Low pay. Low hours. Selfish greedy people.
productive, fun work,friendly people,helpful poeple
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 27, 2016
UPS was great, a handy man's job fast passed on a busy day, friendly people to help all around, i really liked the job, i was a package handler all i did was load boxes in a 18wheeler, could be more, it depends on what day you working on, could be busy, could not. it was like playing tetris it was fun, they got more positions such as driver,loader, unload-er, and others.
Pros
free pizza for break
Cons
short breaks, water break anytime, bathroom break etc...
A safe and great work place with alot of openned minded people.
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  cincinnati, ohio 45203September 14, 2016
At UPS I've taken the time learn just how important it is to always keep your work area clean and scan your where you walk. Working among the people I spend my days with I have gotten a better relationship with them. I do feel like the hardest part of the job tends to be dealing with the heat at times, but thank god we have an AC down stairs. The fun part about the job is working with the machines I do and seeing how they work.
ups
Package Sorter, Loader, Un-loader (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 6, 2016
• Load packages unto proper truck, coded by number in order from least number to highest, also must properly secure all packages with labels facing out..
• Sorter has to sort packages by color coded labels to color coded belt destination.
• Unload packages 2100 per hour with labels facing scanner at all time, while using the proper rollers and belts around you.
• Pick off responsible for removing packages off the belt at a fast pace, that does not belong to any of the destination trucks that are scheduled to be loaded in that area.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Negative work enviroment
A learning opportunity
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 19, 2016
During initial hiring process you are told repeatedly that it is easy to move up within the company. This is only partly true. The vast number of employees will most likely not see a promotion for several years. Some of the promotion process comes from the luck of your initial placement within the company, some comes from who you know in the company. While I was able to work my way up, learn, and grow, I was repeatedly deceived by upper management in many areas. I take this opportunity as a learning experience and will use my skills and knowledge to better myself within other companies.
good management opportunities/driver
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maspeth, NYAugust 28, 2016
the only way to make real money here is become a driver or a supervisor. anything less is not worth the hard physical work. to be a supervisor, you need to be intelligent, have good people skills, be persuasive sometimes, and tough because the workforce is tough and when they smell weakness you're finished. if you can run this operation, you'll get paid some good money. you won't have much of a social life though. it's especially tough if you have kids.
Productive and Safe work habits
Package Car Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 5, 2016
Delivering 400+ packages to 100+ locations. Picking up 200+ packages from several customers. I learned how to operate a forklift, drive defensively, customer service, multitask, work smart, safe and productive. The most enjoyable part of the job was having responsibility of working on own and being productive throughout the day while meeting new customers and seeing the smiles on their face when I delivered to them.
Pros
healthcare benefits, lots of responsibilities
Cons
no breaks, management team
Friendly working enviornment
Loader/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 28, 2016
Customer Service representative with great team management skills. In sales for a little more than 5 years of experience with handle customers, local or far. Talented in making sure that person I sale to is satisfied with what they walk out with. It is my job to make sure everyone is on the same page. Excellent communication skills come into play to employees around me. Not only can i follow directions but I can also take lead in any circumstances. I will always put myself out as a leader, not a follower.
great place to work, plenty of help, good people to work with
Loader and supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 29, 2016
Not a bad place to work, hardest part of the job is the physical demand of being a loader and the constant movement. The most enjoyable part of the job would also be the physical demand of the work, everyone worked as a team and provided a good amount of help to get the job done. Working here gave opportunity to learn management skills and teamwork and helped to strengthen work ethic.
Pros
benefits, ability to move up in the workplace
Cons
lack of hours when starting out
Fast-paced company with room for advancement
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 29, 2016
Working at UPS on a typical day is a fast-paced work environment with constant changes. I learn new things everyday about operations and functions of the company. The management work very hard but could have better communication. The hardest part of the job is that every management person has their own opinion on how things should operate instead of one set system for all. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to reach out to the community through volunteerism with UPS.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Hard working enviroment and steady. Great advancement opportunities and great staff to work with.
Pick off (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 30, 2016
A typical day is steady. You move with the flow of the volume and help each other out. I learned teamwork, social skills, and how to keep pace with any type of volume. As far as coworkers go, you learn to deal with a variety of different people and learn to work together. The hardest part of the job would be the actual physical aspect. The most enjoyable part of the job is a day completed with no mistakes and everyone has done their job successfully.
Pros
steady work pace
Cons
short break
Not a good place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 7, 2016
Although i learned a lot at this job, the management and lack thereof was the driver that made me quit. Even though i wasn't supposed to work overtime i was forced to and because of that the quality of my school work decreased significantly. After this i had brought it up with management and they showed more than an attitude of not caring. Currently 3 people are now hired to do the job that i was doing all by myself.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else besides the benefits
Nice stable job
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Ft. Benning, GASeptember 13, 2016
Needless to say, all UPS Stores are different. My particular store is pretty easy going. The managers are nice and not too hard on me. I don't have any problems with the customers at my store. So far, my coworkers have been pretty good and we have gotten along. The work is not that hard, but there is a lot to remember.

In my store, there is no benefits, which I don't like. I am personally getting tired of retail, so the job is wearing on me. It's a job, simple enough and I am thankful that the people I work and the customers with are agreeable.
Pros
Steady, for me anyway
Cons
No benefits, could use more pay
Fast pace and demanding job that can be satisfying to most.
Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILSeptember 13, 2016
This is a excellent job to learn about working as a team to achieving the required results. The benefits and compensation are okay for the job. You will have bosses, co-workers, and employees of all ages, that can be difficult to some at times. Ex. My first year working at UPS as a part time sup at the age of 19, I had a 30+ employee that did not taking orders from a teenager. From that I learned that while being in management you don't have to make friends, you have to hold people accountable to doing there job.
Pros
Benefits and compensation
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Horrible Place to Work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 13, 2016
I went to work for UPS in order to receive the offered tuition benefits, only to find an extremely physically demanding and fast paced position, sad excuse for management, overwhelming working conditions, and workers with higher levels of seniority with the mentality that they don't have to work very hard.

Security Screening can take anywhere from 20 - 30 minutes, which you are not compensated for. You go through security two times per shift. That is 40 mins to 1 hour of uncompensated time spent at work.

The offered tuition benefit from the Metro College Program is a poorly structured and staffed program.
Pros
Cons
Everything Imagineable
Expected To Be A Reincarnation Of Superman.
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDSeptember 15, 2016
This is a very fast paced job. A typical day includes loading multiple UPS delivery trucks simultaneously (3-5). If you are good at your job they will give you 4 trucks to load. At times the job is physically impossible to where safety can become an issue. Management expects you to be in multiple places at the same time, which is impossible to do. Do not be shocked if they expect you to do the work of 2 or 3 people.

Apart from management, this position has great potential and will offer many opportunities for you to take advantage of.
Pros
Job Security, Union
Cons
No Breaks, Over Worked, Constantly Rushed
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 20, 2016
A typical day would getting told the safety type for the day than be sent to the trailers to unload. What I learned was how to unload trailers without getting hurt and getting the packages on other trailers. Management would help it got to hot in the trailers to let us have a quick break to rest before going back to work. My co-works were all nice to help me if I really needed it with the packages that I'm not able to move. The hardest part was only getting 10 minutes break than getting back to work didn't really help me sometimes. the enjoyable part was when everyone would be joking around with one another.
Pros
pay is nice
Cons
short breaks
Meeting new people learning to work in a time frame
Package Handler/Loader (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 22, 2016
Typical day at work load trucks on little coffins I learn to work at a fast speed with a small window of time the management stepped in when we're really busy you're backed up two people that are really outgoing friendly helped you with your work told you things you didn't know you needed to know to get the job done better and ffasterh ardest part about working there was rush of work outta the blue at times when the work was light
Pros
There was always a chance to give you a hope if you really needed it
Cons
Small short break periods sometimes you'll be in the truck by yourself