UPS
6,726 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

Controlled Chaos
Package Handler (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: room for promotion
Cons: outdoors
Early hours with large volume of packages come down the line quickly.
hard labor
Package Handler (Current Employee), Baldwin Park, CAJanuary 26, 2015
not much to say, it was hard work just for part time and i did that part time for way to long so i had to further my search for a full time job to provide for my growing family , the benifets where good but that was the only perks of the job
Productive and fast paced
Supervisor (Former Employee), North Syracuse, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great benifits /401k with great match / retirement
Cons: worked nights for over ten years / high pressure
I ran the air / international operations for ups. The job required constant learning, testing, and federal certifications as we shipped to 278 nations whose laws and bylines are constantly changing around the globe. Although this job was high pressure being based on an "on time network" of planes, trains, and automobiles that was seemingly impossible to accomplish we would complete our tasks at hand and somehow set the standard for other hubs around the nation to follow. I was proud to be apart of the team that gave Syracuse the number one rate and rank in the nation and helped sustained that spot for many more years to come. I honestly owe ups credit for the majority of the management and time management technics I use to this day. Their constant commitment to strive for nothing less than perfection in all aspects of their business from customer service to pioneering new logistics has created a smaller, more manageable world now able to get your letter or parcels from New York to China via super sonic jets in just eight hours if that's what you need. I would say that over all UPS is one of the most interesting and technologically advanced companies in the world and it was an honor to work and learn under there guidance and regime. I only left that position to focus on my day job as the GM of a growing company that unfortunately took up to much of my time to work nights anymore. I do miss the "action" there from time to time, always an adventure. I was responsible for crews of 8 to 50 employees depending on the many management roles I played there over the years, everything from on the job training to hours matrix and payroll. Safety, Quality, and Production were the companies higher order and motto and we upheld these standards with integrity and keen business sense that continues to hold true in this Forbs top 100 companies in the world.
Productive and informative workplace with great customer service
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: healthcare
As a sales associate at the UPS store, I work closely with customers to ensure all their needs are met to satisfaction. Whether it be, processing shipments, assisting in the use of printers, copiers, faxes, customer e-mail, packaging, etc. I work as a team member in completing customer service tasks with co-workers on a daily basis.
More on, some of the most challenging parts of the day are working to resolve any issues that escalate, such as a software malfunction or a wrongly processed shipment.
I enjoy meeting customer, store, and manager satisfaction! I have gained knowledge in critical thinking, ability to work in stressful environment, and use of decisive judgement. I exemplify excellent communication and leadership skills along with passion in quality care and for helping others.
Good times at UPS
Unloader/ Primary Sorter (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2015
Work could be fun or work could be hard. everyday was a different day.
How to unload and load tractors.
Working with management wasn't bad because we all worked together.
Working with co workers was a big team.
Nothing hard about the job when a team makes it easy.
Coming to work.
loud truck in traffic
Driver's Helper (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Most of the time it was boring. My driver and i used to finish the work pretty fast but some nights were cold and dark. The management wasn't good at all , atleast to me. My driver was cool.The hardest part was looking for addresses through a Trailer park at night. I enjoyed payday.
great environment
Driver helper (Former Employee), Forest Park, GAJanuary 26, 2015
get assignments from supervisor for the day. learned how to calculate fuel pay. great environment co workers very friendly.
Very active place to be.
Package Handler (Former Employee), Maspeth, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: job related contacts you get on the route.
Cons: was not long enough
I really liked working for U.P.S. and i was hoping it would last a lil bit longer but it has not. While meeting people everyday totally enjoyed my time working for such a company. The only thing is it had to end.
Fun job! Also keep you physically fit!!
Driver's Helper (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: coworkers are awesome.
I really don't have any negative things to say. My coworkers and customers were great. The job is physically demanding- I personally loved that. All in all a fun job.
Productive and adventurous work
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Gardena, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Cons: shortbreaks, healtcare
Its not that really hard working as a driver helper.beacause the only thing you have to do is deliver packages and sometimes lift heavy boxes.i have learned a lot as a helper.ive learned how to use their DIAD board and learn how to communicate with people.plus all the driver that i met is all cool..the most exciting part is im riding with the huge UPS truck..
Fun place to work with an active schedule.
High Value Transporter (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: holiday gifts and great co- workers
Cons: the factory mirrored the weather .
Working at UPS will require a good attitude toward hard work. There are short breaks and weather can play a part ,so you have to be ready for it all. Working there i learned how to endure some pain to achieve the task . My co-workers were very productive and fun to work with. Always encouraging and caring for one another. The hardest part of this job was just the physical aspect of the job such as lifiting packages over 100lbs. The most enjoyable part was completeing the job in a timely manner and the comradery amongst the co-workers.
Very Fast pace , physical job
Driver Helper (Former Employee), North East OrlandoJanuary 26, 2015
Very Fast paced and physical job helping the UPS driver deliver packages during the holiday season. You will meet and interact with a lot of residential and commercial customers on a daily basis.
Good people and empathetic supervisors
Small package sorter (Current Employee), Wyoming, MIJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: short shifts
Cons: hours tend to dwindle after the christmas season
-We are constantly moving at UPS so this in turn provides a sort-of workout, if you will.
-I have learned how to read package labels, repair damaged shipments, and adequately lift and lower packages in the correct and healthy way.
The employee basis at UPS is very laid back, but very intent on working hard and productively. There is never a dull moment at UPS.
-I greatly respect my supervisors, mainly because a majority of them have all had to go through putting their own hours into the company. Tenure is taken very seriously at UPS.
-I enjoy the benefits and job security first and foremost.
overall good job
package car driver (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great insurance, pay, retirement
Cons: never know what time you'll get off work
make about 100 to 130 deliveries and pickups daily...learned to be fast and efficient...management okay...most co-workers great...getting next-day-air delivered on time was hardest part...pleasing customers was most enjoyable part
productive and fun place to work at
Package Handler And Mail Sorter (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 26, 2015
unload packages, and sort them very fast, i learned how to scan packages before sending them out. hardest is unloading heavy packages, finishing the order before it goes out.
Fast passed environment, every second counts
Supervisor (Current Employee), South Bend, INJanuary 26, 2015
Do your duties as quickly and safely as possible. The end of day time was spent in the office doing timecards and busy work. Refer to my resume to better understand some tasks done daily.
Enjoyable
UPS Seasonal Helper (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 26, 2015
UPS was a very good experience for me. unfortunately it was only seasonal, but the work was easy to pick up and the staff was extremely friendly.
Working for a Company that has a good name and the employees come first
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: gained valuable experience in a different a atmosphere
Cons: the job was seasonal
Delivering packages in a timely manner, route planning. Showing up no matter what, Understanding Customer needs.
Great Seasonal Position
Seasonal Helper (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: n/a
I have worked with UPS seasonally for several years. I really enjoy the position. I would really love to have a permanent position with this company.
Good with the bad.
Industrial Engineering Summer Intern (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers coupled with excellent pay and benefits.
Cons: disruptive line drawn by driver labor union between drivers and mangament.
Ride nine hours a day on a package car w/ different drivers Mon - Thu using a PDA to log their route and actions. Fridays the information from the PDA was uploaded to a network pc to reconcile the information w/ each driver's routes. The most difficult part of the job was being in the package car 9 hrs out the day w/ no air conditioning and constantly getting in/out of them for each delivery. I enjoyed Fridays at the office as they were short, more cerebral than physical, and air conditioned. What I absolutely detested was the driver's labor union. I was offered to stay on as management after the internship, but chose not to because while at the main building every driver behaved confrontational as though management were the enemy, but would become friendly as soon as they left the facility and each other for deliveries. It created a counter-productive environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more