UPS
8,208 reviews

UPS Employee Reviews

i already did this.
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 26, 2015
I have already done a review on UPS, I am unsure as to why this computer is making me do it again. But I really hope this is the last time I have to do this. the end.
Fast paced work environment
Preloader (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Get a break every couple hours
Cons: short days
I liked working here , everyone was fun to be around. Management helped out wherever they were needed. The hardest part of the job was getting up at 4am to be there at 5
Very serious work environment.
Human Resources Supervisor (Current Employee), Columbus, OhioJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Experience, job enrichment, upward mobility.
Cons: Constant work overload. Redundant, fighting the same issues over and over without getting the proper assistance to be successful.
A typical day consists of accommodating the operation. Different questions and concerns people may have for HR. Also attempting to find people who are looking for that particular work. Phone calls, email blasts, etc. to increase applicant volume.

What I learned in this position is that at this level, everyone is very busy making it impossible to micro manage. This was very much so a positive, but I was often on an island by myself having to figure things out on the fly. I learned quite a bit, but also made some critical mistakes along the way. Mistakes that could have been avoided with adequate staffing. I often felt like I was doing a two person job.

My co workers and I rarely were in contact with one another. We had daily communication on certain issues and topics, but they were busy running their own functions. The most difficult part of the job are the demands. The demands seemed to constantly pick up despite increase of compensation. With the lack of support from our department heads, it's difficult to consistently accomplish goals. We are consistently having to fight battles with limited resources.

The most enjoyable part is the experience that I've gained. The company truly sharpened me up and prepared me for the world. Whether it be professional communication, time management, the confidence I have to walk in a room full of total strangers and convey new information and address questions, UPS has made me better and I'm forever grateful for this.
What I have learned
Auditor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2015
Fun, Safe working environment that teaches you how to handle different situations.It is continuous work that will alway keep you busy.
Fast paced..hard work..
Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Great pay and great benefits
Cons: none.
United Parcel Service taught me how to be an excellent employee. It was similar to the military. I learned to be responsible, be on time, dressed correctly , and how to be a productive employee.
UPS!
Skilled Laborer [Pick-off] (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 24, 2015
Pros: physical- stay in shape. -- Benefits package.
Cons: Takes about 3 - 5 years to get full time- other wise your stuck at about 20.
This job actually was pretty cool. The fact that it was union, was even better. A lot of hard- physical work. But, who isn't ready to work when they go to-- "Work?"..
Very busy and fun place to work
Loader (Former Employee), Richmond, CAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Lots of room for advancement
Cons: There were times when the trucks were delayed.
Loaded and unloaded parcel trucks. Everyone was very helpful including management. There was room for advancement in management. Multiple shifts were available if you wanted.
Proud Culture to work within.
Sr. Senior Engineer, Corp. R and D. (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Living within the culture of UPS and it's people.
Daily work to enhance Hub Operations.

Design of sort systems utilizing maxi-code cameras and interface with Automation.

UPS Management is the finest in the world.

Co- Workers at UPS are all considered Partners and the finest in their profession.

Testing and integrating the new technology into the operation.

Pride in all of the operation that Delivers 18 million packages a day.
A nice work place
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2015
My time at UPS was nice, as well as my co-workers. My work day starts off logging on setting up for the day, and let the fun began, working in a call center u have to have an upbeat personality, and maintain a positive attitude know call is the same, you just do your best to help and then some.
Loader (Current Employee), Secaucus, New JerseyJuly 24, 2015
Pros: The workout.
Cons: The dust.
UPS has taught me alot about hard work and how important it is to work as a team. Working here keeps me off my heels and I'm always moving. Which I appreciate, because I've always been an active person my whole life.
high energy, productive work. Down to earth coworkers.
Package Sorter (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: free stuff often.
Cons: loud
I would go in and take my place on the line. The loaders would already be there and would unload packages onto the line. I would scan and sort them onto different belts behind me. The managers would be there to assist with scanner issues and encourage us to move quickly. They would also help sort if needed. If it was not too busy you could talk to your co-workers next to you. The hardest part of the job was definitely the physical aspect with all the lifting and twisting and turning. I liked this though; good excersize.
Very secure workplace & room for advancement
Package Handler (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: I need more hours
I have enjoyed working here for the past 7 years. I work in the evening & it gives me a chance to work full-time during the day.
Worked during the busy holiday season
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee), Saddle Brook, NJJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Not stuck in the warehouse
Cons: Bathroom breaks, eating
The driver would call or text me where to meet him. We would drive around and deliver packages. The seat that the driver helper sits on is not comfortable especially during brutally cold weather. I enjoyed the job overall.
Great workplace
Package Handler (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 23, 2015
Great place and understanding supervisors for the work hours. The typical work day began at 3:45 am, and the supervisors were a little lenient about time when arriving to work.
Fast past envirnoment
Revenue Recovery Auditor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, for part time work
Cons: not really any cons
A typical day would be to stay on top of the packages unloaded from the trucks. I would sort packages, audit certain ones that needed shipping corrections to it. Crunch time was very fast paced, so everyone was buys.
Learned to work in high paced environment.
Management was fine, we had pizza catered to us.
Coworkers were all right.
The job wasn't very hard.
Most enjoyable was the competitive part of the job, to see how quickly we can load the trucks.
No Teamwork
Package Handler (Current Employee), Omaha NEJuly 22, 2015
The hardest part of working at United Parcel Service(UPS) is that there is little to no teamwork. Co-workers there only care about themselves and on top of that most of the people who work there can't seem to even handle the simple job tasks. I consider myself as one of the hardest workers in the building. I show up to work every single day, never call in, and give it my all every single day. There are only a handful of employees that work there that I can say do the same thing. That is probably what makes working at UPS so stressful and difficult
fun to go to work, had great workers
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Stafford, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: outside work
Cons: it was just temp work for the holidays
able to meet people, learn a lot working with the driver, was able to work on a daily base, learn how ups works,had training session, like working in the public
great place to work at
Package handler (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefit
Cons: long time to be a driver
Yes there is a high turn over rate because people do not realize how hard the job can be. The benefits are WELL worth it though! and over time there are positions that are less back breaking that open up. People with the most seniority get them first which is why it might take a while to get into one. (if you want something easier to do there, there is computer work scanning packages or address correcting. but they love me doing my job) I have been there for over 2 years now and still find it worth while to be there. My dad has been there 15 years. and it is much easier the more you get used to the type of work too. The union is great thing to have with this job too. You never have to worry about getting fired for stupid reasons or personal conflicts. It is a very secure job
The most enjoyable part of a day!
Package car driver (Former Employee), Henrietta NYJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and pay.
Cons: Difficult to plan something with your family from the long hours.
The most enjoyable part of the day while working for UPS.
You take you truck out every day full of packages with stops at businesses and homes. You never now which one will make you day until you stop there and greet your customer with a smile. They are so excited you have just brought them a package that makes their moment of the day. It could be the cell phone that died on them a day ago or the one small part they have been waiting for to complete a job. Driving off you feel good inside knowing you got it there in a timely manner that met or exceeded their goals.
Unloaded and Loaded Truck
Sorter (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 22, 2015
I would unload and load trucks. making sure packages where placed on the correct belt for a proper and speedy delievery.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more

UPS Salaries