UPS
7,440 reviews

UPS United States Employee Reviews

Great driver
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2015
if you have a great driver this job will be great. you meet great people on your route and you learn a lot along the way. i would love to work there again
fast paced working
Package Handler/Pre-Loader (Former Employee), Commerce City, COApril 17, 2015
Pros: pay rate
Cons: not enough hours
ups was a cool place to work as a part time. it was like working out and getting paid. the pay rate was good but the hours not so much .
Workplace
HRSC Exams Agent (Current Employee), Overlandpark, KsApril 16, 2015
Pros: Assisting Others
Cons: Unable to assist employees
Answer calls from UPS employees who is going out on FMLA/Short Term Disability leave. The best thing about job is helping employees.
Pre loader (Current Employee), New Stanton, PAApril 16, 2015
Pros: High starting pay and reliable hours
Cons: Lifting iregs
The supervisors are great. The job is hard, but if you are fit you will have no problem. Pay is good as well. Great place to work, very much recommended.
great team members
Package Handler (Former Employee), Wyoming, MIApril 16, 2015
hit the guard shack walk into the building then hang up my belongings and wait until annoucnments and then go ahead and start work they call out your door. next you walk up to the door wait until the truck bags up then open the door . next you pull the extendo up to the truck and get all packages overs 70lbs off first then after that you strat to unload the rest of the truck for the rest of the night
fun fast working job
Package Handler (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2015
loading boxes on trailer building them into a tight wall and keeping your work area clean as fast as the boxes come down the rollers.
The job overall was interesting to say the least.
Seasonal Pre-Loader (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: Work only at night so you still have the day
Cons: Work only at night so you are tired during the day
A typical day required employees to begin work at the earliest hours of the day. I learned organizational skills and how to use scanners. MGMT was not really helpful. Team work was a must in order to complete task. The hardest part of the job was the repetition and no rest. The most enjoyable was the hours passing quickly
Comprehensive job with great employees and lots of entertainment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Angelo, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, business savvy, always occupied
Cons: Shortness of staff
A typical day at work could vary any day of the week at The UPS Store. One day you may see a large print job such as making 500 business cards or several banners needed for an event. Another day you may see several antique glass pieces needing to be packed and shipped to Germany. Another would be on the phone for hours trying to settle a damaged package dispute. The list goes on and on. However, this broad array of tasks that could occur each day has allowed myself to prepare for anything, and understand how to organize work in a proficient and timely manner. I have also been fortunate enough to work with some of my really close friends, three of which being my friends since childhood. This makes a huge difference in the workplace as far as entertainment, communication, and task cohesion go. The most challenging aspect of my job actually goes hand in hand with the most enjoyable aspect. When starting the job I found it overwhelming when being bombarded with several different tasks at once. In time, I began to adapt and find ways to work proficiently. Now that I have developed competence on each task, I really enjoy the since of accomplishment when completing several tasks in a professional manner.
Store Manager
ASSISTANT MANANGER (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 16, 2015
If you like working independently without micromanagement this is a great place to work. Working at the UPS store has allowed me to meet a variety of people from all walks of life. If you are a people person and have attention to detail and know how to take initiative then managing at the UPS store can be very rewarding.
Overall, it was a good company to work for. unfortunately it went out of business.
Warehouse III (Former Employee), Ayer, MAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Always staying busy.
A typical day at work would start by getting an order to be picked for shipment.

I learned different ways to assemble the product onto pallets to make it easier for my co-workers to check.
I also learned cycle counting and consumer adjustments.

Management was very helpful in helping me achieve new goals.

My co-workers were very pleasant to work with.

There was no hard part to the position I was hired to do.

The most enjoyable part of my job was keeping busy and working with pleasant co-workers.
Good Opportunity To Learn New Skills
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Rockford, ILApril 15, 2015
Pros: Good pay for short hours
Cons: Poor management and 3rd shift hours
There's no such thing as a typical night at work. It's always a surprise. The idea is to go in and complete your job as smoothly as possible. Job areas vary widely. Management lately has gone downhill; very poor communication and nobody seems to really know what is going on. Part time management gets the blunt of that hit. When they aren't well informed, then neither are the employees. Everyone otherwise works relatively well together in order to get the job done at the end of the night. The goal is to get the job done on time and get home safely. The most enjoyable part of the job is the actual operation itself. If management isn't demeaning you at the moment, you can actually feel like you make a difference in your work. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult employees with negative attitudes. Negativity flows from the top down. Sometimes its hard to be the stopper between full time management and employees.
Not in Williston
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Williston, NDApril 15, 2015
Pros: Descent pay, Great benefits
Cons: No breaks, terrible management, driving in the Bakken
This is a great job, just not here and you can't transfer. Management is unable to keep up with change and the demands of life in the oilfield. The retention bonus is nice until you miss a day, for any reason, and it takes half of your paycheck. Upper management surrounds itself with "yes men" so nothing ever changes. We do the exact same thing everyday but, everyday is a new train wreck. Safety is not at all a priority and neither is loyalty to employees. Turnover is non-stop, don't even bother learning new employee's names because they will be gone before you do, unless they are awful! Then they are allowed to gain seniority and you are stuck with a union employee, that can't be fired, that can't pull their own weight so the good employees are forced to work even harder. If you think driving in the Bakken is terrible, try doing it in a giant billboard. Finally, you will get screamed at by awful, lazy, people while your standing there pouring sweat usually about something you have absolutely zero control of. Seriously, keep looking!
Productive well paying work place
Administrative Clerk Contract (Current Employee), Edison, NJApril 15, 2015
Pros: Salary and benefits once with the company
Cons: Not diverse enough, temporary employment
This place is very productive and fast moving. The Management team is always running around and under pressure, so I'm under a certain amount of pressure as well. I would rather be in a more slower pace environment. I want to work in a much more diverse environment with less noise. There is not much room for flexibility in regard to the available shifts. They are allowed to curse and yell which makes this a hard environment to strive in. I learned how to enter important data into their information system. I learned how to calculate percents for their on time network and how to enter payroll information into the payroll information site. I learned how to monitor outgoing information and how to assist employees. I enjoy dressing in business attire as well as my work place being in a clerical setting to perform administrative tasks.
Job is repetitious
Package handler (Current Employee), Wyoming, MIApril 15, 2015
Normal day is unloading trailers followed by fixing damaged packages and correcting addresses on packages. Aside from some shipping standards and a basic understanding of MSDS, there is not much that you learn from this job. Management at the facility in Grand Rapids is decent, and there are many great people to work with. Job does get very repetitious over time and due to union, advancement is based on seniority only. This translates to many workers not working very hard.
Fun place to work, will gain many new skills, meet wonderful people
Store Manager, Notary Public (Former Employee), Dana Point, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work, will gain many new skills, meet wonderful
Cons: not much room to grow in the company
A typical day at the UPS Store starts by sorting mail and logging in packages that arrive for mailbox holders, followed by the usual daily tasks such as shipping, packing, printing, copying, faxing, taking passport photos, opening mailboxes, binding books, and if you are a notary public, then notarizing documents. The Management here is good; the owner is fun to work with and laid-back but if you get lazy don't expect to be working here much longer. This is a fast paced environment and employees will need to be able to multi task with a smile on. The most difficult part about working at the UPS Store is getting past the 90 training. I hope you soak information up like a sponge because you will be learning many, many new things. If you like working with a team and enjoy a fast-pace, upbeat job then the UPS Store is for you.
Production Warheouse Onsite Admin
Lyneer Staffing Solutions Onsite Coordinator (Current Employee), Durham, NCApril 15, 2015
Payroll for 300+ employees, Billing, and Admin. Reposting to Warehouse manager responsible for a variety of duties. Recruiting and screening applicants. TSA Compliance.
UPS
Senior Technology Support Technician (Former Employee), Livonia, MIApril 15, 2015
Excellent global leader in logistics. Gained a great deal of IT experience with my position at company. Took early retirement.
great place to work
Training Class Instructor/Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: part time work
I love working for UPS, my family iss full of upsers for more than 2 generations. a typical day for me is about 5.5 hrs long ( its part time) I teach a class of 20-30 new employees in what is required to do the job, and what the job expects from you. After my class, I then supervise the daily operations of loading the package cars for the days deliveries.
Productive workplace with potential
Pre-Loader (Former Employee), Whistler, ALApril 15, 2015
Pros: great health benefits
Cons: short hours, physically demanding
A typical day at work at UPS is a very fast paced and physical. I have learned the ins and outs of logistics working with this company and most of my co-workers were very helpful and management was understanding and encouraging. The hardest part of this job would be the physical aspects of lifting boxes all day long. But I would say the most enjoyable thing about this job would be the work hours , which were very flexible and not very long.
good company
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 14, 2015
good benefits, good company, management ok, had the opportunity to sharpen my skills, nice co workers, decent work environment, used to be better

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more

UPS Salaries