UPS
7,050 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

Productive and Advancment
Senior Warehouse (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: pay, hours, quality work, benefits
Cons: demanding but good money
Pay above average, and great hours.
Benefits are amazing
If you work hard and continue to make yourself known, advancement is not a problem.
Fun, fast pace work place
Package Handler (Current Employee), Roseburg, ORMarch 2, 2015
A typical day at work is first I call to see if I work then if they need me I am either unloading or loading packages into the trailers of trucks. I have to scan each and every box to see what trailer they go in.
My supervisor is a really cool guy in work and at home.
Workplace is extremely productive and fast paced
Package Handler (Current Employee), Hodgkins, ILMarch 2, 2015
Pros: opportunity for advancement
Cons: the work is done at night time
UPS is a very challenging place to work. This company offers many chances for advances as well as an opportunity for a long-standing career if you so choose to remain.
Light, fast-paced
Mail Sorter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great health benefits, dealer discounts, raises and are on time.
My job here consisted of sorting mail parcels to ensure the delivery of each individual parcel to the correct location. Management was constantly available and very knowledgeable. Co-workers were always available to help one another if someone got behind. The most difficult part of my job here was remembering the may zip codes and where to place them accordingly. I honestly don't have an "ultimate favorite" part of my job here because the work environment overall was nearly perfect. Working for UPS gave me a great foundation to build an outstanding work ethic upon.
Nice place to work
Air Exports Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: provided job related training
I enjoyed working at Danzas. The team I worked on all worked very well together. We were offered the opportunity for cross training and 3rd party offsite training to remain current with certain regulatory DOT and IATA requirements.
Good job
Supervisor (Current Employee), Palatine, ILMarch 2, 2015
Pros: insurance is good, pay is good.
Cons: short hours
UPS is a great company to work for while in the MIL, they are MIL friendly and will let you go on MIL leave and come back and have your job secure. Great management team.
Hard Working
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee), Harrington, DEMarch 2, 2015
I have learned a lot being a UPSer. It has taught me how to work proficiently while multitasking, and always show my professional side. I take pride being a Supervisor there, and working with the same people day in and out.
Great work environment and people working towards a common goal
pre-loader (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: early hours so its easy to have two jobs
Cons: not enough hours if it was your only job, weather conditions
A typical work day includes pulling the package of your assigned trucks which could range from three to four trucks a day. Once you pull your package you place it into the truck in its assigned area. Also you must help your co-workers if they miss a package and they do the same for you. this allow you to work on team building skills and leadership qualities. The job can not be done if everyone isn't working together. Management was great the main concern was making the costumer happy by getting them their package on time. the hardest part of the job was if your truck had to many packages and not enough space but it also helped with patience because you have to take your time and figure things out to make your job easier and also easier for the driver.
Productive Forklift operation
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), South Holland, ILMarch 2, 2015
Working for UPS Freight was an interesting experience. Forklift operation is pretty fun but the dock at the location was horrible. Management was BAD as well.
Fast pace environment
Front-line Supervisor (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 2, 2015
UPS is a great coompany for individuals seeking a fast pace teamwork environment. Management is driven by QPR metrics that seem to rise every quarter. I love this company.
Independent work environment
UPS Store Clerk (Former Employee), Streamwood, ILMarch 2, 2015
Pros: independent work environment, logistical knowledge/experience
Cons: low pay, no room for advancement, no benefits.
A typical day at work includes processing, packaging, and shipping boxes and letter mail. I gained a great amount of logistal experience and knowledge. The most difficult part of the job is making sure each package and letter has the correct labeling and is placed in the correct spot in the store for the driver to pick up and ship off. The most enjoyable part of the job is the trust that the manager developes with you to run the operation independently.
productive but rough working conditons that do take a while to get used to
package handler (Current Employee), Florence, KYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: good health insurance
Cons: short break, working conditions
I do love working for the parcel service and the management is great when we all in good moods but I'm starting to get burnt out on 3rd shift.
Physically taxing job.
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee), Opa-locka, FLMarch 2, 2015
Pros: doubles as a job and a workout.
Cons: union position makes it hard to obtain hours as a new employee.
Working as an Un-loader.Loader for UPS was the most physically demanding job I've had. I worked on the pre-load shift which started and 4:20 a.m. and ran until approx. 8:30 a.m. My job duties included un-loading trailers full of packages, onto conveyor belts for processing into the system.
Fast pace and no manager to co-worker relationship
Truck Loader (Former Employee), Texarkana, ARMarch 1, 2015
Cons: low pay/fast pace
Very fast pace, they expect you to get everything right of the bat, and there is no job security. If they feel you aren't for the job they wont hesitate to let you go instead of working with you.
Access Point Account Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great work environment
UPS is an old fashion company. Old fashion in that it believes in its employees and is still embedded in a culture of hard work.
hard work will take you far
Human Resources Supervisor (Current Employee), DCMarch 1, 2015
Any department you work in will make sure you are working your hardest. If you plan on joining the UPS team make sure you have the mindset that your coming to work HARD. If you are looking for a laid back job go else where.
Incedible Company To Work For!!!
Preloader (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 1, 2015
Pros: 401k, medical benefits, fast-paced work, most managers actually know the job as well as you do, no favoritism under managers (or none seen)
Cons: a year for benefits (but it's worth the wait)
I absolutely LOVE UPS, they have amazing staff, an amazing work ethic and almost all the supervisors and managers know the job and business inside and out! I would love to work for this company again! This is a FANTASTIC company to move up with and they have multiple shifts to fit almost every schedule! I was only a part-time employee, but waiting the year for the benefits is DEFINITELY worth it. The work will keep you in impeccable shape and the benefits will keep you in good health! Also, if you're planning for the future, they have a 401k to help you with the future. Anyways, I suggest this job to anyone who works at a fast-pace, loves the workday going quickly, isn't afraid of getting dirty and enjoys a job (not just a job) a career that you can grow in.
UPS
Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 1, 2015
Worked here part-time for about 6 months. Great pay for part-time. Management not real friendly and never spoke to me. Good benefits.
Organized place to work and very efficient vision
Seasonal Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee), Roswell, GAMarch 1, 2015
UPS has a vision and plan to intentionally impact the community.

I wish they would have a system in place to hire more people from a seasonal position to a full time position.

I also think they should not use moving trucks in seasonal work with drivers who are not use to the area or system of delivery.
Good, dependable seasonal position
Driver Helper - SEASONAL POSITION (Former Employee), Bozrah, CTMarch 1, 2015
Pros: enjoyable coworkers, dependable & occasionally tipped by customers
Cons: pay
Seasonal driver helper - lifting, organizing & package delivery during HARSH weather conditions. I liked each of the drivers I was assigned to & it felt like a good, honest days work in the end. Would love to get into their warehouse position.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more