UPS
8,021 reviews

UPS Employee Reviews

Fast Paced Work Environment. Honest Pay For Honest Work
Package Handler (Former Employee), Edison, NJJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement, Decent Wage, It's A Workout!
Cons: Very Cold In Winter Months
I worked the early morning shift during the holiday season in 2014 and I have to say, it was an experience. It was very very (let me stress this) VERY fast paced and at times things got a bit hectic. The management was good, and the training was always somewhere nearby, not to see if you're messing up, but to make sure you're doing okay. UPS tends to promote from within, so many, if not all, line supers and line management have been down in the trenches where you are.
Productive and fun workplace.
Loader, HAZMAT Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2015
UPS-- as aforementioned-- is a productive and fun workplace.
I find it enjoyable, and rewarding; due to the flexible hours, reasonable pay, and good benefits and schooling assistance given.
Good fun environment with co workers
Intra-sort loader (Current Employee), ontario CaJune 30, 2015
Pros: Part-time full benefits
Cons: Very little hours
I scan bar codes on the UPS label on the shippers package, then immediately load into a air container when the can is full they take it load it in the plane then bring me another can to load into.
Fun productive place to work
Administrative Billing (Current Employee), Brookfield CTJune 30, 2015
Data entry of all bills on line or paper invoices
How i enjoy counter acting with customers
Managment is a pleasure to work with
Co-Workers are pleasant and fun
The hardest part of job is getting your answers fast enough to reply to customers
I enjoy every part of my job
A good place to work at
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee), Wells, MEJune 30, 2015
I enjoy working here. I get a good workout. The coworkers and management are good to work with. A very team oriented place to work.
Fun and exciting
Customer Service, Help (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Discounts on their rates
Cons: Short breaks
Helped the driver organize packages on the truck and also helped deliver packages to their destination. A very friendly work environment with plenty of opportunitys to advance.
Highly stressful work environment
SAP R/3 Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee), Newark, DE. 19702June 30, 2015
Pros: Opportunities are available if you align yourself with the right people.
Cons: Upper Management needs to get more involved in how their Supervisors supervise.
Projects and job related expectations are high, but the training structure is minimal and often disorganized. It was not uncommon to be provided with outdated training material with the expectation you would be able to perform you job related duties which would be years newer than your training materials.
Great Workplace to Start At
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Being outside, getting exercise, getting to know coworker
Cons: Weather extremities, low pay for starting wages, extremely variable hours
I really enjoyed working with the drivers at UPS. They are all really motivated and care about what they are doing. When I was working there I started with a driver who had originally wanted the person they had in previous years. I didn't know this and was switched to a different driver after several weeks. I was fine with it, but it was strange to have to break the daily groove I had finally gotten used to. I also got the chance to see how different each driver is, and how routes can vary a lot depending on how populated an area is.

There is a lot of walking, the right shoes/socks make a huge difference for how you feel at the end of each day. Also drinking a lot of water is important if you want to make it through the day without a headache. Luckily this is all easy stuff.
Productive Not fun
Preloader (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYJune 30, 2015
Everyday I had to unload delivery trucks as fast as I could. Its like I was in a gym working out for 5-6 hours. Management talks to u like your a slave. Rushing you to hurry when your're moving the best you can. As said before, every job has lazy people, but not so much at UPS. UPS will actually terminate you for being lazy. Unloading 10 - 15 trucks in 5-6 hours was the hardest part because it had to get done. No Exceptions. The best part of the job of course was the opportunity they had to make more money.
im sure you have heard what its like to work at ups
Package Handler (Current Employee), Chelmsford, MAJune 30, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: everything else
its a very physical job. if your not in shape it will eat you alive. trying not to dehydrate is almost impossible due to amount of work and the amount you will sweat. the most enjoyable part of it is when the day is over and i punch out
Part time/casual work, on call often the morning.
Loader/ Unloader (Current Employee), Lockport, NYJune 29, 2015
Pros: early morning so you can get in and get out and go make some real money
Cons: Never know how long your going to be working or how many days a week your working either
It's a pat time/on call position. Not always the most consistent work schedule, of ten wondering why I wasn't told to work the day before, if management knows the forecasted amount of work there should be the day before. Very inconsistent working conditions as well, one day the trailers show up on time the next day they are running late.
Excellent work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2015
What a fun place to work. Enjoy my co-workers and the owners. They have created a great learning environment, great customers also.
Job fun, management terrible
Package Car Driver (Former Employee), Mount Olive, NJJune 29, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits, the ability to be on your own, customers.
Cons: customers, management and the weather.
The job was your life usually working from 8 am until 9 pm.I enjoyed most of my customers ,but like any job dealing with the public you have bad days!
Not for everyone
Package Handler (Current Employee), Ontario, CAJune 29, 2015
hard work from beginning to end. not for everyone. The management team is always swapping supervisors and managers to trying out new strategies.
UPS has been with us for over 25 years ,and get to us on time.
P. Handler (Former Employee), Santa Rosa ca 95401June 29, 2015
Have you hired any one yet???????I have not got any phone calls yet.
I am trying to get a part time job with your company,for the summer.
very physical at times
small sort assoiciate (Current Employee), jacksonville floridaJune 29, 2015
Cons: short break that last only 10 min very physical demanding
when i arrive at work i make sure have the material that i need to start my night. As the parcels come i put them in a bag and put it on the belt so the belt so the parcels can be loaded.
Great job and company
Account Manager (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 28, 2015
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: not much flexibility
This is a great company to work for. I have learned how to multitask, manage my time and communicate to all levels of management. I have also learned many skills in sales and business knowledge that will help me further my career. While working a sales position I have also learned how to analyze many types of charts, financial data and forecasting. I have been lucky to start my career with a fortune 50 company.
Not enough hours
Package Handler (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 28, 2015
I was only getting 3 hours a night. That wasn't worth the gas usage. I loved the job but wish there was more hours given to me while I worked there.
its a business that expects you to do your job
package handler (Current Employee), hilton head island, scJune 28, 2015
A typical day would let the packages come, review the page of how many packages are going to be on the truck, figure out where to put the packages so they fit and your egress is clear enough to move around. Learned how to move faster, think quicker, adjust and adapt to different situations. My co-workers work hard, everybody carries their weight. Hardest part is when a lot of packages come on the belt and you have to start stacking, but eventually it works itself out. The most enjoyable is that we work together to make sure the job gets done for the drivers to take off on their route.
hard work
UNLOADER AND DE-BAGGER (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJune 28, 2015
Pros: good beneifits
Cons: short breaks
This a hard working job. The benefits are great for part time workers. The working environment takes time to adjust to. The breaks are short and quick. Some days you don't receive a break.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more

UPS Salaries