UPS
7,063 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

Employees receive very little care.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Horsham, PAMarch 4, 2015
This work environment was horrible. The management was more concerned about money than the well-being of the employees.
Was a fast paced work place with high demands and needs for problem solving minded people on a daily basis.
Maintenance/Automotive Supervisor (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 3, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, people
Cons: travel, work life balance, relocation for advancment
A typical day at UPS Automotive could of started off in the Omaha location and ended as far as 500 miles away without any notice. The problems that occurred that day. Very difficult work life balance.
Very good company to work for. Benefits are really good, but there is a lot of stress that comes with the job.
Preloader Saturday air driver (Current Employee), Flint, MIMarch 3, 2015
Takes a long time for a driving opportunity. you must be willing to work very hard. very hard on the body, must be in good condition. fast in pay increases
A typical day working for UPS
seasonal driver assistant (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good pay, people respect you and are kind to you
Cons: my opinion, there are none.
On a typical work day at UPS I would clock in, get in a truck with my driver, sort out packages and organize packages and mail. After that we would be on the road and on our routes for the day. My work would consist of me getting in the back of the truck tracking packages and delivering them to the appropriate and correct destinations. Me and my driver would talk about our lives, etc. The hardest part of this job might be to someone else, is being able to lift heavy boxes, 35-70 lbs. And being an assistant you have to move with a good pace of speed to and from your destination. personally, I enjoy the job. I am physically active everyday. And plus you would eventually get use to the job. And that's a typical day working at UPS.
great job for benefits and over time opportinities + advancement
laoder (Former Employee), doravilleMarch 3, 2015
Loading packages at a per hour rate/ good to work and exercise the body at the same time/ have choice of working 3-5 hours a day or overtime great management
Its a dull place to work
packege handler (Former Employee), garden cityMarch 3, 2015
Pros: the health benefits
Cons: short 10 min break and the lack of communication
The workers and supervisors that work at Ups are sometimes professional but they can be unprofessional at times, that how ever has not interfere with my ability to preform my job. the environment is about work and nothing else
Excellent company
Sr. Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2015
Awesome people and awesome environment.

Great balance of work and home life.

Ability to move up and to new positions is an advantage
Its a cool job to start with.
Loader (Current Employee), Earth City, MOMarch 3, 2015
Pros: safety bbq
Cons: 10 min break
hard working job
learn how to load
good/ok management
depends on the person co worker ok
doing the job yourself is hard when you are working hard with lack of help.
good vibes
The beginning of life.
Preload (Former Employee), Somerdale, NJMarch 3, 2015
Pros: working overnight/early morning
Cons: heavy boxes
UPS was an excellent experience! Each morning around 3:30am we would begin loading trucks with oncoming boxes, We as in, my associates but as the morning went on we laughed, talked about life, lessons, the next life move even joked around while still getting our work done. Im only 21 so I worked with mainly adults, conversations were never dull. I sure knew what aging felt like after seasonal was over. (chuckle) Bust most of all I learned to never stop thinking of the next move.
Stepping Stone
UPS Sorter (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: benefits, yearly raise, unions (subjective)
Cons: short breaks, missed hours on occasion, care more about numbers than workers, overall stress
This job is by no means easy and never will be. I learned that in the very first week I worked there. The physical load is crushing but after the first month you get used to it. This jobs will drain you physically, mentally, and stress you out even if you've been there for a while. After that it all comes down to mental toughness. If you can work here and work hard day after day, then you can do anything. That's where I'm at with this job. I can do it no problem, no complaints everyday,but I need a change of scenery. Everyone at UPS is miserable and hates their job ( obviously there is exceptions) and I don't want to be here content with where I'm at in life just because of benefits and a yearly raise. I want to enjoy, no, love my job and at UPS I'd just be stuck here. This job is a steeping stone for me to get to the next level in my life, It's a good job to have, but there are better jobs out there for me.
Productive and Advancment
Senior Warehouse (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: pay, hours, quality work, benefits
Cons: demanding but good money
Pay above average, and great hours.
Benefits are amazing
If you work hard and continue to make yourself known, advancement is not a problem.
Fun, fast pace work place
Package Handler (Current Employee), Roseburg, ORMarch 2, 2015
A typical day at work is first I call to see if I work then if they need me I am either unloading or loading packages into the trailers of trucks. I have to scan each and every box to see what trailer they go in.
My supervisor is a really cool guy in work and at home.
Workplace is extremely productive and fast paced
Package Handler (Current Employee), Hodgkins, ILMarch 2, 2015
Pros: opportunity for advancement
Cons: the work is done at night time
UPS is a very challenging place to work. This company offers many chances for advances as well as an opportunity for a long-standing career if you so choose to remain.
Light, fast-paced
Mail Sorter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great health benefits, dealer discounts, raises and are on time.
My job here consisted of sorting mail parcels to ensure the delivery of each individual parcel to the correct location. Management was constantly available and very knowledgeable. Co-workers were always available to help one another if someone got behind. The most difficult part of my job here was remembering the may zip codes and where to place them accordingly. I honestly don't have an "ultimate favorite" part of my job here because the work environment overall was nearly perfect. Working for UPS gave me a great foundation to build an outstanding work ethic upon.
Nice place to work
Air Exports Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: provided job related training
I enjoyed working at Danzas. The team I worked on all worked very well together. We were offered the opportunity for cross training and 3rd party offsite training to remain current with certain regulatory DOT and IATA requirements.
Good job
Supervisor (Current Employee), Palatine, ILMarch 2, 2015
Pros: insurance is good, pay is good.
Cons: short hours
UPS is a great company to work for while in the MIL, they are MIL friendly and will let you go on MIL leave and come back and have your job secure. Great management team.
Hard Working
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee), Harrington, DEMarch 2, 2015
I have learned a lot being a UPSer. It has taught me how to work proficiently while multitasking, and always show my professional side. I take pride being a Supervisor there, and working with the same people day in and out.
Great work environment and people working towards a common goal
pre-loader (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: early hours so its easy to have two jobs
Cons: not enough hours if it was your only job, weather conditions
A typical work day includes pulling the package of your assigned trucks which could range from three to four trucks a day. Once you pull your package you place it into the truck in its assigned area. Also you must help your co-workers if they miss a package and they do the same for you. this allow you to work on team building skills and leadership qualities. The job can not be done if everyone isn't working together. Management was great the main concern was making the costumer happy by getting them their package on time. the hardest part of the job was if your truck had to many packages and not enough space but it also helped with patience because you have to take your time and figure things out to make your job easier and also easier for the driver.
Productive Forklift operation
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), South Holland, ILMarch 2, 2015
Working for UPS Freight was an interesting experience. Forklift operation is pretty fun but the dock at the location was horrible. Management was BAD as well.
Fast pace environment
Front-line Supervisor (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 2, 2015
UPS is a great coompany for individuals seeking a fast pace teamwork environment. Management is driven by QPR metrics that seem to rise every quarter. I love this company.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more