UPS

8.3K reviews

UPS Employee Reviews

Not as bas as it seems
Package Handler (Current Employee), West Springfield, MAAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Pizza, Keeps you in shape
Cons: Pay
When I first started working at UPS I hated it. I was barely making any money because they were taking out taxes AND Union dues, and thats $25 of every pay check. So i definitely felt like I was getting played. But a few months went by and i realized it wasn't that bad. You get a $1.00 raise every year and once you pay your Union dues your paycheck still looks bad, just not that bad anymore. It keeps you in shape and every thursday they have pizza. I wouldn't mind working here for a long time if they paid more.
Very energtic work place
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Frisco, TXAugust 3, 2015
A normal day was greeting customers, shipping and receiving packages, and also handling each customers needs in a orderly manor.
Counted down registers and handling daily deposits.
Most enjoyable part of everyday is making my customers smile and helping them.
Everyday is a new day very exciting and fun.
Hard-working environment with fun people to work with.
Package Handler (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Very encouraging management
Cons: Short break for lunch
Being a package handler took a lot of hard work and dedication to do your job right, but management helps you every step of the way. They understand it's hard work and try to lighten your spirits any time they think they can. Such a wonderful place to work if you don't mind getting dirty.
Great first job in college with a steady paycheck
loader/unloader (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 3, 2015
Pros: do your job and be done, stress free
Cons: compensation
This was a great place to work. Hot during the summers, and very cold during the winters. I wanted to move up to supervisor after loading for 3 years.
meh
Preloader (Former Employee), Romoland, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: bad management
During holiday season you work around 15-16 hours a day and a normal day starts at midnight

managers dont follow union rules
Challeging workplace with many opportunities for development
Warehouse 3 (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Rewards for attendance and top injury free records
Cons: short breaks and long long shift in extreme temperatures
Everyday is a challenge at UPS. While working for this company, I've learned the benefits of working together as a unit to maintain productivity and meeting the requirements of our customers.With many new business opportunities, our Management team face many challenges daily as well making it even more challenging for them to interact with the team. My team members and I, realizing this, found value in working as a unit. The most challenging part of my job is making the best decisions to keep our customers satisfied and to meet our annual business plan in the most efficient manor possible. What's most rewarding about my job is knowing that we have met our goals at the end of each day.
Great college job
Manager (Former Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great college job
Cons: $8 an hour or so
Lots of customer service, and hanging out in the down time. Nothing too demanding but there are lots of things to learn to be efficient in helping customers determine the best service for their needs.
Part-time job while in college
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mobile, ALAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Helping customers
Cons: Not enough help during holiday season
Worked as a sales associate 3-4 days a week part time. Helped customer with any shipping needs. Responsible for balancing till and closing the store.
nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Phila., paAugust 3, 2015
management was very nice and co workers
needed to know all aspects of company
travel for traning
need to answer phone within three rings
Productive and reliable
Unloader (Current Employee), Jackson, MSAugust 3, 2015
this company is a well organized company with many benefits to offer. They are willing to work around your schedule and offer support when needed.
Good Seasonal Job
Package Handler (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Job security, physical work, Union, great compensation, very proactive
Cons: Potential for injury
This is a great place to work during the Winter Holidays. From November to February they have a lot of hours. Outside of that though, I was only getting about 20 hours a week. I was a Package Handler.

It's hard physical labor. You will sweat. One of the older guys in average shape lost 20lbs over peak season. You also put on a lot of muscle moving all of these heavy packages.

I cannot stress – more... enough, these packages will be HEAVY. Not all but a lot of them. I'm talking 70+ lbs on a daily basis. I've seen up to 170lbs, and sometimes there are small ones that can fit in your hands that weigh like 70 or more lbs.

You will also work with and around super heavy equipment. It's a warehouse so the potential for injury is there. I was actually injured and ended up leaving because of that. UPS took really good care of me though, and gave me L&I for the injury.

Definitely attend the safety classes when you start, you do not wanna be a bonehead like me and be too lazy to show up 15min early. Those classes can save your life and people have died doing this.

During peak season you get a lot of hours and overtime it's really nice. From late February to October, you're looking at 20hrs a week and seldom overtime (over time kicks in after 5hrs here for package handlers). Oh yes it's a Union job too! Unless you're in management.

Outside of peak season I'd definitely get a 2nd job. You can keep this job for decades though, and potentially become a driver or manager and get more money.

The hours are overnight. I was told 3am-9am Mon-Fri, but it was working 4am-8am all 5 days. Peak season is a WHOLE different story though, you can potentially start much earlier and/or stay much later.

The management is decent for the most part. These guys will have your back, but they will definitely bend the rules sometimes no lie. All in all, after 30 days you become part of the Union and they will really take care of you. Benefits are great, but don't kick in until you've been there 12 months.

Overall I liked my time there and may go back, but just prepare for a crazy winter. It's fun though. – less
Great co-workers, skeptical management
Package Handler/ CHSP Safety Co-Chair (Current Employee), Hodgkins CACHAugust 1, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: Mangagement clueless at time, takes a long time to become full-time
okay work place but your co-workers make it fun. Job can be difficult at times due to staffing at times of the year. Weekly pay is a bonus.
Teamwork in groups
Assistant Driver (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 31, 2015
Pros: friendly people
Cons: n/a
I was always working with someone, while delivery goods. Enjoy to delivery goods and driving around in the street, while looking at different area
Fast paced and physically challenging
Package Handler (Former Employee), Concord, CAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: benefits
My days at UPS consisted of pulling packages off a conveyor belt and organizing them into their assigned delivery trucks. It can be physically and mentally challenging for those not prepared for it. The key to being a successful package handler is time management and organizational skills. Take too much time to load your truck and you get backed up. The coworkers I had at the time were very nice and assisted me when I asked for help. Overall a good company to work for.
• Loaded package cars prior to morning deliveries • Followed safety guidelines in compliance with OSHA regulations
Package Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 31, 2015
• Loaded package cars prior to morning deliveries
• Followed safety guidelines in compliance with OSHA regulations• Loaded package cars prior to morning deliveries
• Followed safety guidelines in compliance with OSHA regulations
• Loaded package cars prior to morning deliveries
• Followed safety guidelines in compliance with OSHA regulations
Okay Job
Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2015
It wasn't that bad just Managers was to happy to fire people which wasn't fair to people that been there for years. The hours wasn't that bad. The employees was nice to work with down to earth.
loaded trucks by pal number
preloader (Former Employee), east alton, ilJuly 31, 2015
It is a company that provides benefits for its employees and their families and they are great when you need to use them. It has good hours for those working a second job.
It was okay
Loading/Unloading Trucks (Former Employee), Nashville,TNJuly 30, 2015
This was my very first job.This job was most definitely about teamwork. I loved this job, I actually learned a lot at this job.
very welcoming place to work
UPS Driver (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, MAJuly 30, 2015
the most enjoyable part of the job was each day as a temp worker you were able to pick the brains and ask full time workers for advice on how to do the job better. it was a very inviting place to work from the employee point of view.
unorganized
Package Handler/Sorter (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Everything from beginning to end
Cons: no insurance
worst place to work due to the unorganized ooperations. hardest part about the job are getting along with the supervisors.
Headquarters