UPS Employee Reviews

Found 15,072 reviews matching the search
Good fast pace work place
Loader and Unloader (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 22, 2017
its a good place to work.if you like working out ups is a good place to work if u do. The reason why is because you stretch, squat and lift heavy weight. Ups can out you in shape.
Stable first job
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMay 22, 2017
Excellent benefits. Long wait to become a full time driver. Early morning hours. Physically beneficial, winter hours are good. Hydration and a good diet are key. Staying safe from injury is the best way to work a long career at UPS.
Benefits
Cons
Long wait to become full time driver
Very Organization
Sort Operation (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2017
This job is for a very physical active person who can lift 50lbs consecutively. I learned that you always have to come up with a back plan just in case things get out of hand. Managers are great in assisting but needs improve on explain talking with workers. The job is very confusing at first but, very easy going after a while.
Pros
time goes because your always busy
Cons
there is a constant work flow
Not for the average person
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Ashland, MAMay 22, 2017
You don't work here for the pay or the advancement opportunities. They have great health benefits and you don't have to pay for a gym. Its a short shift in every kind of weather and its long road to seniority but its worth it.
Hostile work enviorment
Dock worker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 22, 2017
Good ole boy network at UPS Salt Lake. Constant bullying from management and zero help from Teamster local 222 regarding these issues. If you are a KISS UP, you'll thrive. If you don't, they'll poke at you until you break.
Pros
Great benefits and pay for full time employees.
Cons
Bully style management, unfair and dishonest.
Intense environment with fast paced dynamic conditions
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2017
I performed supervisory role with part time status paying salary. The pay was for 32 hours per week. The conditions at the hub where packages were constantly moving, a typical week was over 40 hours.
I enjoyed working on the Inbound Quad where we had challenging goals. I was in charge of 20 workers unloading trucks where the goal was 100,000 packages in a 4 hour shift.
I found that working in this fast paced environment and keeping workers motivated under strenuous conditions, was quite rewarding when goals were achieved.
Pros
Learning Experience, Sense of Accomplishment, Buiding Relationships
Cons
Stressful Environment, Workload
short days with hard work involved
Forklift/Package Cart Operator/Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2017
a typical day would be either loading trucks or operating a forklift. UPS taught me how the postal services work operate and the rate of how its is expedited. management was bit brutal but I have tough skin. hardest part of the job was working long hours in a hot truck. Thay have great benefits the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to move around to different assignments in the warehouse.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
hostile work environment
Fast and upbeat work place
Driver Helper (Seasonal) Truck loader (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 22, 2017
Everyone starts at the bottom here, and that's good. Its a great place to work with amazing people and benefits. It will take about a year to become a driver if you start as a truck loader but its worth the wait, trust me.
Great environment
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2017
Working UPS was one of the best experiences because i got a chance to ride around the city, parts that I never even seen I found that pretty cool. I worked with one person with was the driver and he was an amazing guy
Pros
Delivery around the city
Cons
Short breaks
great work environment
Drivers Helper/Pre Loader (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 22, 2017
Great work environment with a lot of opportunities to grow within the company. I have gained a lot of customer service experience this job is a fun place
N/a
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 22, 2017
Its a great place for college students because the hours are so flexible but you can not survive off the job alone. Package handlers are a huge part of the company but we are not compensated as much as I think we deserve.
Hard work for very little pay
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 22, 2017
* Package handling * unload an load trucks an cans.* Scanning packages . * Take packages off conveyer belt if broke an put in claims. * set up station an assist other employees
Pros
Job experience an 401 K
Cons
bad pay for hard work
Productive and fun workplace for all genders and ages
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIMay 22, 2017
UPS is a great company in my opinion to work for. It may be a fast paced environment that requires a worker to work a decently fast pace at times but the benefits greatly outweigh the negatives. UPS has some of the best benefits that you can find at any company and part time employees are able to receive these after a year. Also, UPS offers tuition reimbursement right off the bat. Additionally after a year, employees are able to pick their 2 paid weeks of vacation off and the weeks increase as you work there longer. If someone knows what they're getting into at UPS they will love it.
Productive workplace and socially interactive
Data entry (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 22, 2017
The UPS Store is a good starting job. It allows one to learn many diverse skills needed in plenty of jobs or careers. This job will boost confidence and social skills with a large range of customers.
Wonderful place to work
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2017
Great environment in which to work. Tough job due to the elements of working in a warehouse. Great people. Many opportunities for advancement, based on hard work. Benefits are among the best in the warehouse industry.
Pros
Wonderful benefits
Cons
Hot in the summer, cold in the winter
Bad place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 22, 2017
No room for advancement, treated employees poorly, mangaement treated employees like your never good enough, no incentives for good work, I was treated like a nobody
Get when going to school and working part time
Full Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed working with UPS as I was working on my degree but when i went full time is when it got frustrating long hours with little in the way of support, and if you needed to complete training it was expected you stay even longer to complete it. That being said the culture depends on the operation you are in some expect way more then is logical others are have great people who really make you feel like a family just depends on how they conduct them self's in that branch.
Pros
Great benifits, some really good people
Cons
depending on the department/higher ups you can feel like a number
Great staff but horrible pay for the work load
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2017
This is not UPS it's the UPS Store. A completely dicderent company all together. Paid under $10 for a job that requires you to do certain managerial functions. There are no raises, yearly or monthly...unless you become a manager or assistant manager which seldom happens. You do have the chance to work with awesome people, but that doesn't make up for the lack of compensation for your job duties.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Low pay, work overload, no chance of pay raise
Good work out in the summer and i enjoy working with my co workers
Loader (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 22, 2017
I get to work and set my area up. Pull out the smalls bin. Find totes for the drivers to throw their small packages into. Get bags to load my smalls in. I then grab the totes from the drivers and sort out all the next day I need to load up onto the plane. Scan and label and tape it on the bag so it doesn't come off and become lost.

I have learned to work with a group of people to get a job done. We sometimes become slammed with packages and have to work at a fast pace to get the plane pods loaded and out on time to make it to the airport.

Management is pretty lackluster. Supervisors are all young and don't manage their workers very well.

When i started the culture of the job was pretty good. People seemed proud and wanted to get stuff done in a timely manner. Management were involved in keeping workers in line when they weren't doing their job. Lately it just seems all that has been missing.

Hardest part of the job was loading the trailers back when i first started. Since i really do not do that anymore the job is pretty chill.

I enjoy my co workers the most. They are all fun to work with and i usually enjoy my time when I am there.
Pros
Benefits and the people
Cons
Not enough hours, materials always hard to find.
Loader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2017
While working with UPS, I learned how important it was for the packages to get in there tight. I learned that everyone works together to get a good end result.