UPS Employee Reviews

Found 14,498 reviews matching the search
Simple job & it's hard to mess up
Preloader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 23, 2017
Usually work started at 11pm, I would clock in then after my supervisor would assign me to my trucks. Most of the time you would have 3-4 trucks to lead packages into and each truck would have around 100-400 packages all different sizes. It was kind of hard but you have to move fast pace with that job. It's a friendly job and you will have to communicate with your other employees to help everyone jobs go smoothly. The hardest part of the job was managing 4 trucks with so many packages but it helped me learn how to move in a fast pace for the future. The most enjoyable part was when your done packing all your trucks without the hassle.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very short breaks
Not a bad place to work, but not the best either.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 23, 2017
UPS isn't a bad company to work for they have plenty of opportunities to advance. However there's plenty of better career choices that won't break your back or have you coming home furious with your 10 bosses. The management their can be very shady and take alot of shortcuts for "logistics", their poster's should show workers throwing boxes and smashing them around then the driver throwing them at door steps. Not to mention the lawsuit when the union found out management was shaving hours off their employees checks. So yeah what can brown do for you?
Pros
Yearly raises that very, offers opportunities to advance, ok benefits
Cons
Very strenuous, very monotonous, boxes will basically run your life, and management is really bad.
Great benefits after forty days.
Unloader (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 22, 2017
Its a great company if you enjoy working out and the benefits or good plus its great for anyone who is going to school. The warehouse is fast paced and there is a short break 10 min for part time employers.
Pros
benefits, workinb out, tution reinbursement
Cons
The pay isn't great management concern is productivity
20 year career
National Accounts Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Southwest RegionApril 22, 2017
I started for United Parcel Service in 1979 as a part time pre-loader, and retired after they went public in 1999.

In the end I was a National Accounts Sales Manger.

It was hard on the family, but it was an excellent career path that created many opportunities upon leaving, as UPS managers are very well respected by other industries.
Pros
continual advancement for those that are willing to accept responsility.
Cons
mucho hours.
excellent place for advancement
Dock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 22, 2017
Fast paced and very knowledgeable about ltl freight. Hard work with excellent pay and benefits. Open door policy. Clean and efficient. Good company for career opportunities.
Fast pace
Package Hander Sorter (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 22, 2017
at ups I learned how to work with a team of people to accomplish one goal. My daily task consisted of sorting or unloading packages in a fast time span. Hardest part of the job was working on my feet for hors and non stopped working.
fun working enviroment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PAApril 21, 2017
well working at ups was fun and hard always on the move no breaks but its all worth it. management plans cook outs and fun give aways it feels like a big family
No need to read a review
Package Handler (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXApril 21, 2017
Best job i've had since being able to work hate it was only seasonal nothing feels better than being on truck delivering packages while enjoying your co-worker
Tough Hours
Package Handler; Key Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 21, 2017
UPS is third shift work which is tough on anyone. You don't vacation time until you've been in the company for a year, although you can sometimes work with management if you need time off. Management does not work together which in turn makes it a bad work environment for employees.
Cons
Short break, always on feet, third shift
great career opportunity, awesome benefits and pension.
Driver, Clerk and Porter (Former Employee) –  New Windsor, NYApril 21, 2017
Long days, lots of work. Time went by fast. People, driving skills. For the most part did good job with employees. That could use some improvement. That's mainly directed at hourly employees. Amount of work required to do each day. Saying that i'm UPS employee.
great benefits
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 21, 2017
A fun job with great benefits How ever Management has to many double standards in reguards to company policy and procedures that will cause injury or death to the employees.
Pros
great benefits and retirement plans
Cons
part time employees do not get breaks while working 6 or more hours especially during peak season
Good Place to work as full time or part time
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 21, 2017
Good benefit - good working environment - paid for college even for part-time workers - flexible schedule - good management training program - great vacation package
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2017
The environment is fast paced. I learn the company's value, for example deliver packages to our customers on time. Management is very stable, able to keep the operation running and smooth.
Great Company to work for overall.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 21, 2017
Training is paramount in the UPS philosophy. I learned life skills. Everything from safety on the road, to how to be safe at home. I admire the workplace culture. The culture encourages a team mentality. I was always challenged with every new assignment.
Productive work place
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAApril 21, 2017
Making sure the packages scan and put in the right trailer and make sure the packages are not damage.make sure the packages load in and pack tight and high.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
It was ok
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 21, 2017
I didn't like they pay because of how much I worked just to receive a small amount but overall the people were friendly just needs better management. I would work at ups again just not that exact one because of they're not well with managing or organizing
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Not enough pay
Hard work but worth it
Part Time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHApril 21, 2017
A typical work day for me included managing my employees and making sure all the work got done in time. The hardest part was really keeping tabs on everyone at the same time. I learned a lot about to to effectively manage and had great leaders to show me the ropes of management.
Great benefits and opportunities . It is challenging but can be rewarding in some ways.
Training Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOApril 21, 2017
This is a decent job for a college student because it offers help towards school and guaranteed hours. It provides a good workout year round for those who like to stay active and they pay weekly , direct deposit optional as well. You can move up through the business fast if that's what you seek. It could be a much better job if they were more consistent with expectations and reality. There are many contradictions that make the job difficult to enjoy being in.
Pros
Great benefits, tuition assistance, guaranteed hours.
Cons
Very short breaks, Contradictions throughout entire job, Hostile environment, Dirty and dusty work conditions with no air conditioning. Oldunreliable equipment to do the job, Non flexible hours
Simple job
Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2017
It was pretty straightforward.They bused us out to the main UPS station in Addison and from there we rode off with our UPS drivers and helped them deliver packages. It was nice to sight see the neighborhoods, especially since this was around Christmas time.
Pros
Snacks occassionally
package handling
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILApril 21, 2017
I really liked this job. It was a great workout. The hours fit perfectly. I wish i didn't move away. I wanted to keep that job and it's very hard to get hired back on.