UPS

8.3K reviews

UPS Employee Reviews

Good Seasonal Job
Package Handler (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Job security, physical work, Union, great compensation, very proactive
Cons: Potential for injury
This is a great place to work during the Winter Holidays. From November to February they have a lot of hours. Outside of that though, I was only getting about 20 hours a week. I was a Package Handler.

It's hard physical labor. You will sweat. One of the older guys in average shape lost 20lbs over peak season. You also put on a lot of muscle moving all of these heavy packages.

I cannot stress enough, these packages will be HEAVY. Not all but a lot of them. I'm talking 70+ lbs on a daily basis. I've seen up to 170lbs, and sometimes there are small ones that can fit in your hands that weigh like 70 or more lbs.

You will also work with and around super heavy equipment. It's a warehouse so the potential for injury is there. I was actually injured and ended up leaving because of that. UPS took really good care of me though, and gave me L&I for the injury.

Definitely attend the safety classes when you start, you do not wanna be a bonehead like me and be too lazy to show up 15min early. Those classes can save your life and people have died doing this.

During peak season you get a lot of hours and overtime it's really nice. From late February to October, you're looking at 20hrs a week and seldom overtime (over time kicks in after 5hrs here for package handlers). Oh yes it's a Union job too! Unless you're in management.

Outside of peak season I'd definitely get a 2nd job. You can keep this job for decades though, and potentially become a driver or manager and get more money.

The hours are overnight. I was told 3am-9am Mon-Fri, but it was working 4am-8am all 5 days. – more... Peak season is a WHOLE different story though, you can potentially start much earlier and/or stay much later.

The management is decent for the most part. These guys will have your back, but they will definitely bend the rules sometimes no lie. All in all, after 30 days you become part of the Union and they will really take care of you. Benefits are great, but don't kick in until you've been there 12 months.

Overall I liked my time there and may go back, but just prepare for a crazy winter. It's fun though. – less
Great co-workers, skeptical management
Package Handler/ CHSP Safety Co-Chair (Current Employee), Hodgkins CACHAugust 1, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: Mangagement clueless at time, takes a long time to become full-time
okay work place but your co-workers make it fun. Job can be difficult at times due to staffing at times of the year. Weekly pay is a bonus.
Teamwork in groups
Assistant Driver (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 31, 2015
Pros: friendly people
Cons: n/a
I was always working with someone, while delivery goods. Enjoy to delivery goods and driving around in the street, while looking at different area
Fast paced and physically challenging
Package Handler (Former Employee), Concord, CAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: benefits
My days at UPS consisted of pulling packages off a conveyor belt and organizing them into their assigned delivery trucks. It can be physically and mentally challenging for those not prepared for it. The key to being a successful package handler is time management and organizational skills. Take too much time to load your truck and you get backed up. The coworkers I had at the time were very nice and assisted me when I asked for help. Overall a good company to work for.
• Loaded package cars prior to morning deliveries • Followed safety guidelines in compliance with OSHA regulations
Package Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 31, 2015
• Loaded package cars prior to morning deliveries
• Followed safety guidelines in compliance with OSHA regulations• Loaded package cars prior to morning deliveries
• Followed safety guidelines in compliance with OSHA regulations
• Loaded package cars prior to morning deliveries
• Followed safety guidelines in compliance with OSHA regulations
Okay Job
Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2015
It wasn't that bad just Managers was to happy to fire people which wasn't fair to people that been there for years. The hours wasn't that bad. The employees was nice to work with down to earth.
loaded trucks by pal number
preloader (Former Employee), east alton, ilJuly 31, 2015
It is a company that provides benefits for its employees and their families and they are great when you need to use them. It has good hours for those working a second job.
It was okay
Loading/Unloading Trucks (Former Employee), Nashville,TNJuly 30, 2015
This was my very first job.This job was most definitely about teamwork. I loved this job, I actually learned a lot at this job.
very welcoming place to work
UPS Driver (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, MAJuly 30, 2015
the most enjoyable part of the job was each day as a temp worker you were able to pick the brains and ask full time workers for advice on how to do the job better. it was a very inviting place to work from the employee point of view.
unorganized
Package Handler/Sorter (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Everything from beginning to end
Cons: no insurance
worst place to work due to the unorganized ooperations. hardest part about the job are getting along with the supervisors.
Hard working, fast paced environment
Loader, Unloader, Sorter (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 30, 2015
Pros: 10 min break
Cons: Working in a warehouse
A group must work together to reach a common goal. Must also work hard and fast while also maintaining safe work methods.
Productive and fun
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Customers, flexable hours
Cons: Pay, no benefits
Fun environment for a franchise. Customer service is number one! Must have patience and can multi task. Pay is low with no benefits.
I would work there again.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Addison, ILJuly 30, 2015
Great place for advancement. The pay is pretty good for management but not for the ones who are loading and unloading. Then again the benefits are hard to beat. Management can often be stressed due to time management and number crunching.
good leadership, friendly team, good enviroment
Package Handler/seasonal (Former Employee), Tullahoma, TNJuly 29, 2015
UPS packing centers are fast paced and can be stressful, but good management and helpful co-workers make it a somewhat easy transition.
Productive Work Place
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee), NJJuly 29, 2015
Ups was a great working environment to be in I really enjoyed my time there and it was mostly because of the employees and supervisors that I worked with. A regular day consisted of sorting and unloading trucks sometimes we would work as a team and other times I would work individually. I really enjoyed the company of the co-workers I meet there and their management team really treated their employees with respect. The hardest part of the job was just dealing with the temperature specially during the summer. The most fun part about the job was meeting a lot of cool people and getting the knowledge I learned to work in there.
Private Owner
Store Manager (Current Employee), Bridgeville, PAJuly 29, 2015
Worked for a private owner who was horrible. Underpaid by industry standards, no praise for beating sales goals multiple months at a time. lack of direction
Hard Working Workplace
Loaders (Current Employee), New StantonJuly 29, 2015
UPS is a high energy work environment that does not pay well for the work that is done. Management does not care about its workers.
Great Place To Work At
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 29, 2015
Good pay and fast pace with great benefits and job security. awesome people to work with as well. I only worked a seasonal job tho so I didn't work that long.
Warehouse work
Package Handler (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 29, 2015
I like it, but it is only part time, and no benefits for 1 year. I like it. It is the biggest UPS warehouse in the Nation. The supervisors and managers are always there hands on, to get to know you .
great job
Seasonal UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 29, 2015
Love talking to people making them feel good and find items looking for! Stocking merchandise,Retail,and getting customers to apply for credit cards.I really got to learn a lot about myself such as I thrive under pressure and I have excellent organizational skills.
Headquarters