UPS Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,625 reviews matching the search
UPS was a great job
Car Washer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 5, 2016
Working at UPS was great. They gave me the hours i needed. The pay rate was unmatched and the benefits are outstanding. I would recommend working at UPS to anyone.
Enjoyable and Productive workplace
Driver's Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 5, 2016
My day starts by delivering packages , really don't come into contact with the client when delivering early morning, either the package is left at door or returned the following day. Mornings are always a little, but very peaceful. I learned time management, The safety of myself and the packages, I've learned to take my time when delivering and to pay attention to my surroundings. Management is the best they are on top of there game 110%. The hardest part of the job was delivering packages in the rain and snow, due to it being a little difficult to see. The most enjoyable part of the job was the end of the day when you know everyone received there packages and the lovely smiles and joy you received threw the customer.
Comfortable work setting
Package Handler/Loader (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 5, 2016
A typical day at work was very physical and fast pace. You learned how to properly use body mechanics, management was friendly and helpful. Your co workers were helpful. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with speed to complete assignments. The most enjoyable part of the job was bonuses.
Pros
fast pace, early mornings
Cons
cold weather
Great for college students
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KS 66215May 4, 2016
The job was fast paced. Loved that the work day flew by. Helped me stay in shape and paid for school.All about hitting the numbers.
Pros
benefits, paid for college
Cons
Doesn't promote by merit.
Hard Work
Package Handler/Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAMay 4, 2016
From lifting to lowering, pushing and pulling, this job is not for everyone, but if you plan to be there for more than ten years it is worth the investment.
Great company
Pre-loader (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 4, 2016
I learned how to work with at team and i enjoyed working for the company and my co-workers.
My manager was helpful and understanding
Working behind the scenes
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 4, 2016
The typical day working with UPS is very stressful and hard to manage. When your working inside the warehouse it's a lot of people and you really can't tell who is who. You also, don't receive that many breaks either. Even though the pay is good I wouldn't say it is worth staying.
Good place to work and balance school with
Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 4, 2016
I liked it a lot, I ways able to make money while balancing my school and social life. They also care about their workers as well.
Productive and fun work environment
Primary Hub Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMay 4, 2016
Great job. Great benefits. Fast paced environment.There are many opportunities to move up in the company and it can happen very quickly.
Pros
Benefits, Easy money
Cons
Short breaks
Very Fast paced setting, physical and changing
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 4, 2016
multitasking and fast paced with a very physically demanding part of every day shift. Must be able to endure all weather conditions and stress when under pressure.
Pros
health care
Cons
short breaks and not enough hours
Great benefits, advancement opportunities and average environment
Metro Truck Unload Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMay 4, 2016
Awesome co-workers and the union providers are great with job security. The benefits that are provided are very much worth staying on the job. When moving into the management area, it is no where near fair or secure.
Pros
Benefits and advancements
Cons
intense task based place to work
Operations Supervisior (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 4, 2016
great benefits and far sight is needed to advance in the company, multitasking fast paced environment no two days are the same
UPS Is what It Is
Package Loader/Relief Driver (Former Employee) –  Southern Pines, NCMay 4, 2016
Overworked to a ridiculous point. Management chokes you so that your normal working environment is extremely difficult. Need to start your career here at about 18 years of age.
Pros
Good benefits and salary.
Best job
driver helper (Former Employee) –  Pelham, NYMay 4, 2016
A typical work day at UPS is long, you get tired sometimes, but get an hour break. I learned how to move effectively delivering packages and carrying heavy loads. Management was good, they did not tolerate unprofessional behavior. My co- workers are fun and easy going, but the also get the job done. The hardest part of the job is walking in terrible weather conditions carrying heavy loads. The most enjoyable part of the job is moving on to the next delivery spot.
Pros
hands on, out doors
Cons
Helping people out during the Holiday season
Driver's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTMay 3, 2016
This job was a great one although only seasonal. Being at UPS was flexible with my schedule and went roughly from 7:30am until 5pm. The driver i worked for was very interesting and always polite with a gift for teaching skills about the job i was learning.
Pros
fun, active, outside, labor intensive
Cons
pay, benefits, health care
Physically and Mentally demanding
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2016
A very demanding work day that can take you to your limits. Management does it's best to provide you with the tools and motivation to keep going. Although the day is heavy and can at times make one go completely mad, satisfaction is guaranteed when you and your co-workers work together to complete a grueling day of work.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Physically and mentally demanding
productive, friendly environment
Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILMay 3, 2016
Unloading and loading freight via forklift, some heavy lifting, friendly environment, great company to work for but hours are not consistent
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
work hours not consistent
Seeing a critical position with a company ,organization that will allow the opportunity for career advancement and personal growth
Unloader/Loader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2016
frustrating, early morning starts.
patients with people.
time consuming.
good co-workers.
maintaining a safe work area with heavy boxes every where.
cleaning work area for the the night shift.
Pros
go the extra mile leads by example, hard working.
Cons
never late
hard working
Loader (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 3, 2016
Very different atmosphere, hard working people all around. Would load and unload packages everyday at a very fast pace.
Great environment and company to work For
customer counter associate (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMay 3, 2016
Productive and secure job with great benefits and opportunities to advance. I like my co workers and superiors. I feel confident in my job and what i can bring to the company. Most enjoyable part is being appreciated and recognized for good work.