UPS
5,699 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

Very big operation
Runner/Loader (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 29, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: only holiday work
Loaded truck and went half a day to run.
3a.m-5p.m
safety lifting instructions every morning.
learned about the operation.
great management and very organized
great co workers. very respectful, new how to treat people.
hardest part was non- stop lifting boxes
most enjoyable was spending time with my uncle(driver I ran for)
Graveyard hours with little chance of advancement
Supervisor (Current Employee), lawnside, NJAugust 29, 2014
Horrible hours that interferes with your health mentally and physically
Great team players
QA/Technician (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 28, 2014
I have learned a lot from UPS. It is a good company to work for.
This company looked to take care of the world.
Route Driver (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 28, 2014
A lot of learning here working a union position. Had a lot of good people around me. Spent a lot of good times there working with public and my team members.
I learned a lot about the printing business
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Milton, FLAugust 28, 2014
Pros: great people, great learning experience
Cons: not enough hours, except during holidays
I enjoyed this company very much, especially the people I worked with. Most are still my friends to this day. I learned a lot and it helped hone my customer service skills on a daily basis.
Helper (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 28, 2014
I've enjoyed every single day working at the independence Seaport Museum. My supervisors was great to be around. They always kept me busy. No problems at all with my co workers.
loved it there
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), McMinnville, ORAugust 28, 2014
Pros: customers are great
Cons: keep getting laid off
I love working with the public. I loved figuring out how to package items. packaging items. Put mail in boxes.
Hardest part of job was filing claims.
Productive and a great team enviroment
Gateway Employee (Current Employee), Albuquerque,NMAugust 28, 2014
Typical day at work is never boring and always productive. It consist of loading and unloading airplanes and sorting packages. I love how we all work as a team to get things done and how management is clear on instructions.
Cool Employees and Fast Pace Work Environment
Dispatch Supervisor/Data Operations Manager (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAAugust 28, 2014
UPS is a fun place to work, but the hours are long and vacation for non-union employees is less than ideal. Advancement at UPS is more than difficult. It's not going to happen unless management pushes for it. Hard work, and degrees are not enough to move up the ladder there. Christmas and the holiday season are a nightmare, so prepare to work long hours.
driver helper
Delivery helper (Former Employee), little falls, NjAugust 28, 2014
I would help the main driver deliver packages. The hardest part was delivering in the harsh weather but I worked itself out
Peak season means EVERYONE has to work operations.
Account Executive (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 27, 2014
Pros: benefits, people, and your own time management
Cons: peak season is a nightmare and all the meetings that keep you from actually doing your job.
I work in Business Development where we function as the sales team to acquire new business for UPS. We don't wear browns, we don't deliver packages, and we definitely do not drive a brown truck. ACCEPT FOR PEAK. During Christmas season the company sets aside all titles and departments and force you to wear browns, get DOT certified, and officially become – more... their slave (especially if you are a salary employee). Here's the good part, if you choose not to because this isn't part of your job description, or because you have a medical condition, you are looked at and treated differently for not being a 'team player'. Take that for culture shock.

The great thing about working for a global company that has over 400K employees are the benefits, the great people, and all the opportunities to advance.

Nothing about my job is particularly fun except all the great people and businesses I get to engage with on a daily basis.

UPS should stick to keeping their workers where they belong--even at peak becuase it would help you keep the logitivity of your younger generation staff members. – less
good company
Fork Lift Driver & Dock Worker (Former Employee), Moonachie, NJAugust 27, 2014
team players
i learned alot from management how to run the warehouse
Fun and friendly
Sorter/paerckage handler (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: fun and friendly
Fun and friendly environment that was fast paced and positive challenge.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Little Rock, ArkansasAugust 27, 2014
I enjoy my team we work well together and it keeps the work load light for each other. • Responsibility as an administrative clerk is to work close with and assisting management on different projects, typing out different reports, filing case files, taking important message whether it by phone or email, as well as contacting different Hubs or management – more... about different audit reports whether it be for lost or gain. – less
Great workplace and very productive.
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIAugust 27, 2014
- A full load of packages

- Need to be even more patient with residential customers

- Very helpful & understanding

- They were the best i've worked with in a long time

- In the heat climbing stairs with a bigger package than myself

- Meeting new people
Only for the fit and strong
Package Handler (Current Employee), Willow Springs, ILAugust 27, 2014
Pros: 10 minute breaks
Cons: boxes might be too heavy to begin with
I myself, am a superior athletic person. What does this have to do with UPS Package Handling? Everything. If you're strong, you will enjoy this job because it is physically demanding. If you're not in good shape, you will want to quit. The people are great. They treat you nice. Any concerns you have, they will resolve them as soon as possible.

The – more... hardest part of the job would be again, if you're weak and can't do any more lifting of packages. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to meet people. – less
It was a fast paced job
Store Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 26, 2014
There was always something to do. I sold mailbox contracts, which I also notarized as a Notary Public. I learned how to estimate packaging from weight and measurements. Also, I learned to enter data and develop a printing label for shipments. My co-workers and I were good at working together in a small place behind the counter. I enjoyed talking with – more... customers while at the register and getting to know our customers by name. The hardest part was sorting the mail into the mail boxes. It took concentration to be accurate and not to get a paper cut. Eventually one associate was assigned to the daily mail only. It was better to be able to concentrate on the other tasks of assisting customers at the counter. – less
Good Workout, but poor work conditions
Part-Time Package Handler (Former Employee), Gardner, KSAugust 26, 2014
Pros: good workout.
Cons: dangerous work conditions.
This job was definitely a good workout, but was quite dangerous and if your body is not ready for it, there is not a lot of time to catch up.
Warehouse Environment
Package Handler/Sorter (Current Employee), Arlington, TXAugust 26, 2014
This is a hot environment in the summer time, so prepare yourself.
Average
Packer/Picker (Former Employee), Swedesboro, NJAugust 26, 2014
there was no set schedule and you had to work til finish, it was fun but at times they got very strict

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more