UPS Employee Reviews

Found 17,208 reviews matching the search
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 17, 2017
I liked that you could choose different shifts to work around your school or other work schedule.

Good place to work. I stayed busy the entire shift. Constant workload.
Pros
Variety shifts
Cons
na
N/a
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 17, 2017
The working conditions were horrible. If you don't want working long hours for little pay then this the job for you. The managers mistreat their employees and down talk them.
Pros
Cons
Horrible place to work
I did not like the job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Pedricktown, NJAugust 17, 2017
I did not like the job, building was just opening , you would work one day be off the next only work 3 hours and be sent home had lots of people to work but no work to do
Production of package handling
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 17, 2017
Worked through college to graduate debt free! It wasn't glamorous but it allowed me to graduate debt-free. Which made the work-load well worth it in the end!
ups
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXAugust 17, 2017
Its what you would expect out a establishment like this, payment was alright but the hours were not so great. If you need a part time job its recommended and can also pursue the career to be a driver
Competitive place to work
Administrative Assistant Invoice Exceptions (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2017
UPS offers a great introduction to the corporate world. In a slower version it exposes you to the "dog eat dog" world. Management is very helpful with moving up the ladder.
Great Place to Work
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAAugust 17, 2017
I had a great time working at UPS. My coworkers there were very nice and helped me develop as a person. I learned many valuable skills. The owners are great.
Easy working place
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 17, 2017
The job is simple and repetitive.
It also keeps you busy but doesn't physically strain you.
No rushing or pushing to move faster than your capability.
Loading and sorting methods are easy to grasp.
Pros
Weekends off and good benefits.
Cons
Short hours and minimum wage.
Enjoyable place to work. Loved all my co-workers
Dispatch Clerk (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTAugust 17, 2017
A typical day at work was filling out drivers paperwork, scanning their logs in and a lot of data entry. I handed out placards for all Hazmat loads and assisted the Terminal Manager. I learned how important it is to pay attention to the details and product on the trucks to ensure they had the correct placards. I learned routing of trucks when weather called for them to be re-routed. The workplace culture is awesome for the most part. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and most management. We had a lot of fun as well as worked hard.
Pros
The people, the benefits
Cons
If hired part time it's difficult to move up in the company
Ok
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYAugust 17, 2017
Fast-paced work. Heavy lifting and carrying from the moment you punch in till the moment you punch out. Fun people working, making the time go by a little bit faster and with less stress. Good place to work, just very few overnight hours.
Lovely
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2017
I loved the environment unloading loading the trucks. The co workers were also kind also the boss was nice also. Looking at all the merchandise was also ok
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 17, 2017
If you are a member of the union this is one of the best companies to work for. However if you are in management it is dog eat dog and very stressful. Do not plan on having any family time
Good entry level position.
Inside Customer Solutions Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2017
Great entry level position for those looking into getting in to the transportation industry. Good place for recent college graduates to apply and start their first career
Pros
Good health benefits and work life balance
Very challenging and can be overwhelming.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAAugust 17, 2017
Daily work is very challenging and will require you to move quickly and efficiently. However, UPS appears to be very short staffed so management is having its employs work more than usual and it can be overwhelming. You will be working hard and you will be sweating a lot in the loading/unloading stations. It is hard work, but doable.
Pros
Good teamwork, kind coworkers.
Cons
Hard work, pushing yourself to your limits, low pay.
Fun work place very busy
Package Handler/Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. Fun work place and the staff is great to work with. The hours was good. The pay was okay. It was a temp position but I would work for the company again if I had the chance
Great place to work!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brewer, ME 04412August 17, 2017
I had a temporary position at UPS during their Peak season and I loved the job. It's a very fast paced job that left me tired at the end of the day, but I felt accomplished knowing that I had gotten all of my packages out to the consumers.
fun working there
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAAugust 17, 2017
I worked as a driver assistant helper for the holidays. I would meet the driver at one location and went with him to deliver packages to customers. I enjoyed the fast pace of the job as it made the time go by.
Pros
was a fun job
Cons
Job was seasonal and they were not hiring full time
Physical place to work at
Preloader (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 17, 2017
Mentally this place helps me clear my mind. Also I can think a lot at this place, I can get away from the world and be in my own zone. Physically keeps me in shape, it helps me more than it hurts me working here.
Horrible culture
Full time operations supervisor- on road (Former Employee) –  Ft. Pierce, FLAugust 17, 2017
There is no work life balance. They Expect 13 hours a day and will black ball you if you complain. The pensions have been capped and there is no reason to stay with a company that doesn't care.
High Stress
analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 17, 2017
Job was very stressful and the structure of the company needs to be reviewed. Employees were nickel and dimed for everything such as ways to heat food, funding for department needs like chairs, etc. Gifts/Prizes were taxed.
Pros
The committees
Cons
company rules are at managements discretion.