UPS Employee Reviews

Found 14,078 reviews matching the search
Great Experience
On-Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 26, 2017
Though I was only a seasonal employee, I enjoyed my time working for UPS. My supervisor was supportive, my coworkers were friendly, and the working conditions were good.
Very pleasant
UPS Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 25, 2017
I enjoyed working with the drivers. I got along with them. Everyone on the job were always professional and dedicated. It helped me to be alert/attentive to detail. In addition, it was very nice to just ride around the city and to see people smile when you deliver their items or pick them up.
Pros
The drivers were very nice to me and very dedicated. I enjoyed working with them
Great benefits but long waiting period for advancement
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Roseburg, ORMarch 25, 2017
The first several months you only work if there is a high volume of packages and you have to wait til approximately 1 hr 30 minutes before start time to see if you even work that day. It is a union job and the benefits are very good. Safety is a huge concern and is addressed daily. There are also weekly knowledge assessments from which you can earn prizes. I have personally received a lot of positive recognition from supervisors and their training was thorough.
Pros
fast paced, union, benefits, safe
Cons
slow advancement, very physical
Hard work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAMarch 25, 2017
hard work so you must be physically in shape, always on your feet and moving constantly.. also not alot of parking for employees..Ups is a great way to start your career
Pros
2 lunch breaks
Cons
hard workz
Terrible workplace
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHMarch 25, 2017
Really bad workplace and really mean people and they had terrible hours and a super unorganized workplace and the coworkers were really rude and lazy.
Pros
Cons
Bad work place
nice work place
Load & Unload Laborer (Former Employee) –  houston,texasMarch 25, 2017
Helped out in other areas when not busy in area of responsibility,Sorted damaged packages to repackaging area and noted on logs Recorded load errors on unloads,Maintain shi4 logs
Great management and opportunity to learn multiple skills
Sales Associate and Print Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Reading, MAMarch 25, 2017
An overall great place to work for. I worked hand in hand with my boss for many years and I can't say enough good things about the management and the store itself. A typical day might involve packing up large sets of porcelain china, designing and printing a business card for a start up company, and serving the public as a Notary. I've learned over the years how to efficiently use all of the Microsoft office programs, Adobe Illustrator, and work on large scale printers and plotters. There are only 4 employees including me and my manager so we have a very close and friendly work environment. We've been working together for years so it's easy to work harmoniously and efficiently to get everything done in a timely manner.
Pros
Great management and friendly work environment
Cons
Hourly wages, no benefits
Productive hard work but overall great place
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 24, 2017
This place is a great place to work. You dont have a supervisor breathing down your neck at all times. Give you a great work out and every one there is nice.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No paid holidays
intense work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAMarch 24, 2017
Package handlers usually work for courier companies or warehouses where their main duty is to pick packages and make them ready for deliveries or shipments. They assemble cartons according to the items that need to be packed – fragile items will be packed in properly padded cartons – so they need to make sure that they follow the protocols provided to them when handling different types of packages.
Cons
very dusty
Productive and fast going
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2017
Typical day would be to load trucks.
Scan Packages
Deliver door to door
Great customers each day
Clean trucks after shift
Retrieve packages from customers
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Short breaks
Fun overall, great workers
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 24, 2017
I would go in to work everyday pumped and ready. I had one job bt through out the day you really have bout 4 . I was a pick off meaning I sorted the boxes where they have to be in the truck by zip codes. I loved the people I worked with management was OK they can be real tuff sometimes and take the job to serious at time when not needed.
Pros
We got fed on occasions or for good work ethic
Cons
No breaks
Very fast pace makes time fly
Preload,Clerk, Hazmat response and despossal (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMarch 24, 2017
Load/Unload trucks as fast but as safely and accurately as required. Being finished and having a lot of free time makes a great balance and incredible benefits.
Pros
Benefits and schedule
Cons
Very demanding
Good atmosphere and convenient to work there
Sorter- Part time (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJ 07094March 24, 2017
working for ups was a friendly environment and fast moving place to work; I worked well with the other employees, only wish i was giving more hours, but it was a part time; they have parking lot for those that drive, the bus stop if you are commuting is down the block, so that was a plus.I would highly recommend working there as it gives young adults the opportunity to also attend school and you get compensated for it; they are a company who look to help employees grow in the company and education.
Pros
good envrironment
Cons
not enough hours
time management
Loader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2017
Its quick pace and you have to watch your time for getting shipments out on time to there area. They need better management because on some days I get sent back home because of to many workers. You need to have a set time to start and get off. They tell you when you should be here via text. Its not stable for a person who has a family or has to rely on public transportation.
Pros
paid every week
Cons
not enough hours
job security
Unloader/Small sort (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 24, 2017
set hours mon- fri 5pm-10:30 was my shift. part time. great job security and friendly people also everyday was a workout and tuition reimbursement is a yes there if you're in college
Pros
job security
Cons
short break
Productive and Excellent Customer relation experiences
Assistant Field Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 24, 2017
UPS was a company that i briefly worked for due to the job being strictly for holidays. If I had an opportunity, I would certainly want to work for this company or one of its standards and moral.
Great
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 24, 2017
This job is a seasonal job , but it was great because I loge being active and also outside, you also learn costumer service skills with this job because you have to interact with business owners who have big shipments
Loved it!
Loader/Package Handler/Pick-off (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAMarch 23, 2017
Very physically challenging but i love it so much! I did not make seniority before the peak season tailed off and since i was one of the last people hired on as permanent, i was among the ones switched to "lay-off" status due to low volume of packages.
Union is a Joke, Managers Constantly Harass Workers.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 23, 2017
Ups is Riddled with Constant Blatant Harassment From Management. Do Not Expect the Union You Pay Dues To, To Do Anything Helpful For The Substantial Money You Pay Them Each Week.The Building Is Vastly Under-cleaned and Outdated. Be Prepared to Inhale Dust Constantly Through the Day.Do Not Expect To Progress Up The Hiring Ladder Unless You Are Willing To Yell At People In an Unprofessional Manner.
Pros
Money Is the Only Reason to Work Here
Cons
40-50% of The Work Force In the Building are Literally Cons
Safety package handler
Package Handler/Loader (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 23, 2017
I was able to learn about wraping packages . Rewraping packages and sorting packages. UPS was a great working enviornment. I was able to learn ablout package handling
Pros
Benefits full time

79%