UPS Employee Reviews

Found 14,623 reviews matching the search
Full of Advancement Opportunitys
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 30, 2017
Help the driver deliver packages on the truck. very physical job with long hours if requested. decent pay. great management and a wonderful upbeat team.
Pros
free work out, good pay, great advancement opportunities
Cons
seasonal position, very physical job
I enjoyed working each day
Drivers Helper (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 29, 2017
stay productive and there are no issues i enjoyed working with my co-workers each day. i didn't work here long. it was a seasonal job helping out for the holidays. since i worked on a truck and not the warehouse i wasn't offered a permanent position.
Pros
no one looking over my shoulder
Cons
i didn't take breaks with my driver
package handling
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  North Chelmsford, MAApril 29, 2017
it is very physical and demanding place to work at. Most of the supervisors do not practice what they preach. The workers and everyone there are very friendly but do not look happy working there but they have not choice. Peak season is the best time to work there for part timers because you can make a lot of money.
Pros
Tuition Bebefit
Cons
short breaks
stressful and dangerous work environment
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILApril 29, 2017
Hot and stressful back breaking work short break and the work place was very disorganized was paid less for working overtime and not paid correctly for overtime
Pros
friendly people
Cons
short breaks
It was a very difficult and dangerous job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 29, 2017
It was a very difficult and dangerous job. Not very good water supply. Also very rude supervisor. Never really made over $150 a week for my back breaking job also.
Pros
You get payed every week
Cons
Back breaking pain labor
The only time it fun when people start to roast each other
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYApril 29, 2017
Ups is a good job but it also a stressful job at the same time. But overall I would tell a friend ups is a good job but be prepared for some hard work.
Pros
Nothing was free
Cons
Short breaks like a 5 min
Awesome
Customer Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 29, 2017
Awesome and very friendly group of people to work with. Job is only part time with no benefits but does pay very well. Not real strenuous and very laid back except at christmas time.
Work hard
Training Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 29, 2017
UPS will pay you well, but they will work you hard. There are plenty of opportunities to grow in the company, and they usually hire within the company.
Decent entry job for college students
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 28, 2017
I literally only work here for the college reimbursement and the healthcare. Other than that this place isn't the best, but it is the best part time job in Louisville hands down when compared to the benefits that employees get.
Pros
Healthcare, raises, college tuition reimbursement
Cons
Third shift required to get college paid for
In the zone quick pace.
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 28, 2017
UPS was a very hardworking job but i enjoyed it. I learned the in's and out's of UPS warehouses. I didnt really get to communicate with my manager there because i was too busy working but he was a nice guy. The workplace was very 'in the zone' and quick place we really had no time to converse with other employees but i liked the work because im a hard worker.
Pros
good hours
Cons
15 minute break
Good
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 28, 2017
Took each box given to me by the driver to the right house. I worked about 5 hours every day. The work is a little bit physically demanding; the boxes can be a bit heavy. The driver I worked with was laid back. He picked me up every Mon-Fri at the same location.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Work no matter the weather.
Exciting and always a rush
Driver Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDApril 28, 2017
My short lived seasonal rush with UPS was truly an amazing one. To be hired as a driver assistant during the 2015/2016 holiday rush is easy since all you need to do is prove you're human, can meet the driver enroute, and pick up packages above 70 pounds.
The management is also easy has the "manager" is actually your driver. Hardest part of the job is the rush, after every shift you feel sore but this is compensated by the weekly paycheck which keeps your spirits high. What you'll learn from this is efficiency, safety, and organization skills. If you want to purse being a UPS truck driver that is something I did not look into.
Pros
Great pay, always getting hours, learn good skills
Cons
Hard to balance free time and work time, Long hours leave you sore and tired
Summary
Package Handler/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MO 63045April 28, 2017
I worked with the company for a while. The Hub in particular I worked for was poor in communication. The management lacked communication. Safety is priority but overall care of well being for employees was lacking. The hardest part of the job was getting the paper done while attempting to complete other various tasks. The best part of the job was working with my team of workers. The management provided me with the most stress. I enjoyed working with the people
Pros
Benefits, Tuition assistance, Stock. Gain Friendships
Cons
Physically Demanding. Stressful. Employee treatment
Fun workplace
Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 28, 2017
As a store manager at UPS it was wonderful to put my customers needs first, knowing my owner trusted myself to do all day to day operations. Employees were very happy to have me as there manager and knew they could also count on me to be a friend.
Pros
Cons
N/A
Very Demanding
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 28, 2017
UPS is a very challenging job. The pace of the job is very challenging. Work periods seem impossible due time limitations and internal focus on production.
benefits
Cons
very demanding production goals
It is a job.
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYApril 28, 2017
I feel like the client I work for was very misleading on opportunity for advancement. The orientation consisted of a lot of talk about moving up and these advancements only happening from within, but come to find out, they actually hire temps or contract out the majority of any advanced positions.
Stable company with multiple opportunities for advancement
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 28, 2017
UPS is a hard working company that promotes a team concept and a can-do attitude toward solving problems and meeting customers needs. In spite of being such a large company, there is definitely a close-knit team and family atmosphere that pervades.
Pros
Stable, secure company that rewards hard work and commitment
Cons
Hours can be long and expectations demanding, Still slowly shifting away from a top-down management style
What can brown do for you?
Business Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2017
Fortune 500 company. Learned a great deal about logistics and transportation. Wish I had the opportunity to work in the aviation division of the company.
Very Fun
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHApril 28, 2017
my time with the drivers and management was very relaxed they all helped me when I needed it and was very understanding when it came to sensitive questions they will work with you but only if you let them
Pros
the whole jjob exsperiance
Cons
loaders over packing trucks, missloads
Good
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Rodeo, CAApril 27, 2017
I've breen here a long time and its hard work, hard to have a life outside of work. Your dirty everyday. The pay is ok but most come or stay for the benefits if you have childern.