UPS
7,311 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

It was fun working at UPS
Driver helper (Former Employee), Manhattan, New YorkMarch 31, 2015
A Typical day at work was pretty awesome, My driver was a very cool and down to earth person. Over all it was a wonderful experience.
technically its a good job.....but the way it is run is inhumane
loader (Former Employee), the hubMarch 31, 2015
Pros: friends, benefits
Cons: everything besides the friends i made and the benefits
a typical day of work consists of punching in and just working hard and helping the person next to you so everyones night is as easy as it can be. i learned that just because a company has a good name dosent mean its a good company. management is a joke and all they do is manipulate you and deprive you of info you need to know. i loved working with the same people for almost 10 years. the whole job as a whole was hard......lifting heavy thing.....getting bump and bruised all the time.....and the heat. the most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom in it......i was able to work and listen to my head phones......but thats it.
JOB
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Great hours Great job
Cons: Parttime alot of senority
Nice company to work great managers and supervisors. Great hours nice part-time job to have great job for advancement.
Very fast paced work environment
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee), Harvey, ILMarch 31, 2015
Working at this job is very physical, very fast paced and must learn fast. The job can be hectic but can be beneficial when getting a work out.
Physically Demanding and Character Building
Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLMarch 31, 2015
Deliver parcels, interact with customers, clarify company and customer participation, encourage new digital methods of company functions and customer benefits. Great staff. Cooperation of employees leads to better work days both with communication and task management. Physically demanding. Character of Operations made the job much more enjoyable.
Great job hard work but great
Driver Helper (Former Employee), King GeorgeMarch 31, 2015
Was a seasonal helper, assisted the driver on their routes to deliver packages in a more timely manner. had a hard pace and stayed that way.
productive work place with vending machines
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 31, 2015
a typical day at work is going in and unloading trucks, what I learned is that if you want the job done everybody has to work together. the management at the job is well productive, not like the co-workers. the hardest part of the job is not being able to listen to music, but the most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to go home after all is done.
Steady reliable work but...
Import/Export Specialist/Admin Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Reliable work
Cons: Not temp to hire (then)
Despite catching them up on backlog and going beyond their expectations of you, after promises of being hired on after your temp contact has expired, they do not hire you. They just have you train a new temp then let you go. That's how it was then at least, not sure if it's changed but then it was not a temp to hire friendly environment. Although most of the people there were helpful, welcoming, appreciative of the help and friendly, one was not... Tenure does not always equal entitlement. Especially when you act like a child and throw tantrums to get your way. Just saying.
Ok workplace
Sweeper (Current Employee), Morrow, GAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Able to work up to 36hrs
Cons: Not enough pay
I feel as though Ups is a good company to work for only if your looking to part time work. I also feel that I should get paid more for the amount of hard work and work that I do. My contributions to the company is well accepted but the compensations is very low.
PRODUCTION AT THE COST OF SAFETY.
PRELOAD / COVER DRIVER (Former Employee), ONEONTA, NYMarch 31, 2015
Pros: GREAT BENEFITS EVEN IF PT
Cons: MANAGEMENT HARASSMENT
DON'T GET INJURED AND DON'T TALK BACK TO SUPERVISORS...THIS IS A SURE FIRE WAY TO GET "DISCHARGED". ALSO DON'T RELY ON THE UNION FOR ANY SORT OF ASSISTANCE. UNION WANTS YOU TO DO GRIEVANCES BUT THEN THAT PAINTS TARGETS ON YOUR BACK AND THEY CAN'T PROTECT YOU.
A great start to my path to a career.
Preloader (Former Employee), Gardena, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: The coworkers helped out a lot.
Cons: Schedule was only Early morning shifts @2am.
Early morning shifts form 2:00 am-11:00 am. I would go in and immediately start grabbing packages from the belt and placing them in assigned cages. For the first six hours transferring from belt to belt where I am needed. The last two hours hours where stocking the UPS trucks. The coworkers would talk during intermissions of the loads but the hardest part of the job was an over flow of packages that needed to be placed onto the oncoming cages. The most enjoyable part was clocking out knowing that i earned every dollar I made.
Fast paced work
Package Handler (Current Employee), Newington, VAMarch 30, 2015
Been here for 5 years and the benefits are amazing. Every day is different, keeps you in shape, but can take a toll on the body if job is not done correctly.
Hard work pays off
Team Member (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Career Opportunity
Cons: Working in the elements
Providing customer service and taking orders. Helped with loading and unloading trucks. During the holidays I assisted delivering packages to clients.
Fast pace work environment.
Package Handler (Current Employee), Queens, NYMarch 30, 2015
Fast paced Enjoyable work environment. Alot of lifting boxes up to 70 pounds. Good deal of fun upbeat co-workers. safety procedures to lifting and lowering heavy boxes.
UPS does many things in addition to carry packages.
Account Manager, Business Development (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 30, 2015
Pros: I learned a great deal about myself and business.
Cons: Long hours are required to be successful.
I was hired from outside the company as a Manager. I worked very hard and my success was recognized. UPS does a great job in training staff. I continue to have many friends who work at UPS. I organized conference calls to European and Asian to organize my international business. I was a "legal market" specialist working with law firms in Virginia, Washington, DC and Maryland.
Ok place to work
Package Handler (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great Co Workers
Cons: Hours
If you need a job. and Hours dont really matter to you its the perfect job. its more for young adults looking to spend years in order to move up.
Amazing experience
corpsman (Former Employee), norfolk, vaMarch 30, 2015
hardest part of the job was the hurry up and wait movements. learned many things from different types of leads. co-works that are like family. the most enjoyable part is the pride that we all share for U.S.
Fast pace
Local Sorter (Part time Evening) (Former Employee), Landover, MDMarch 30, 2015
Prepare, organize and sort letter size, small, medium and large boxes/packages delivered via vans, cargo trucks, tractor trailers and aircrafts across the United States and Canada. Complete the end of the day procedures to close out the shipping and receiving area in the DC local sort in Landover Maryland Distribution Center.
A wonderful well run place
truck unloader (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 30, 2015
Pros: good workout, good people, and good pay
Cons: short break
The pay was good, the labour was consistent, the sense of camaraderie was very visceral between workers. People would often great each other happily, even in the face of Christmas package shipping
very nice staff to work with.
Preloader (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYMarch 30, 2015
It was a team player job, very friendly and comfortable job. It was early a.m. hours but went by quick. Great pay and benefits.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more

UPS Salaries