7,258 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

Very good and positive environment.
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTMarch 25, 2015
I liked my co-worker very much and felt that we had a good connection and that is why we got our work done every night during the holidays.I also feel that it was a particular easy fun job.
UPS
Loader/Un-loader and Package Handler (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAMarch 25, 2015
• Handled the processing of all packages being exported from the facility.
• Maintained that all packages were being loaded properly and safely to their proper destinations
• The position involved continual lifting, lowering, and sliding packages that weighted 25 - 70 pounds.
• Ensured that the cargo was equally distributed and safety procedures were always observed and practiced
8 hours in 4.5
Driver Helper / Package Handler (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: You are working for medical, dental if your in the 90% package handler twilight shift
Cons: Fast paced, and heavy lifting. not to mention EVERYBODY has a hangover and I didn't, well not everyday, dang.
Fast-Paced Work environment with lots of things to learn for any new employee.

This was the job that I accepted. It was the worst experience in my career adventures. Cool place to work and burn as long as you can keep up your PPH. Its fool* of managers who are cracking the whip at these people loading these international trailers. Co-workers can be described as being in high school all over again (jocks,punks,nerds,hard actors,studious type,and teachers pets, which they will call "doggie's"), gotta learn there lingo XD
d.jg/aliehglia ri fLIH FLIs hG'IOSGH;WHAG
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), North Platte, NEMarch 25, 2015
R GJAIPRJGPIASJ lsehg;OJG w H r W GrhgHIJSRG IAfihgish lisrh s tiwht srejt WALIR HGLisrh GSA TJ WKLRT JGishG;whgiWR TWe iegthI wleh4g is Gs isu SHTwi hgiahsw gis ye t tupoehy IEYAO;IWR OEH TLIE HTL;IWH GI
UPS has job security, great benefits and very challenging.
Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee), Trenton NJ 08619March 25, 2015
Pros: The benefits, tuition reimbursement and vacation time.
Cons: The advancement for promotion is very challenging.
I am currently a part time supervisor at UPS and have been working for this company for 19+ years. UPS helped pay for my college tuition, I have excellent benefits and I have 4 weeks of paid vacation as a part time employee. It's a very challenging company and you work very hard for your money.
Great place to learn and grow.
Supervisor Training and Operations-management (Former Employee), Horsham, PAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Tuition reimbursement
I started as a loader and within a month I was promoted to supervisor.I learned about how a successful business is managed. There was a tradition that I was part of and I gained much satisfaction from this. I was a part of the management team and learned first hand from some amazing people about leadership.Being part of a team allowed me to feel a sense of pride.The most difficult challenge was the heat and humidity during the summer months.I really enjoyed the people I worked with because they made a difficult day fun.
Packed trailers
Freight Package Handler (Former Employee), Stroudsburg, PAMarch 25, 2015
I had to work in the warehouse and load boxes off the conveyor belt into the back of trailers. Not to bad only part time though.
Great seasonal job for someone without a college degree
Seasonal Package Driver (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, MAMarch 25, 2015
Days start off relatively early, around 7:00. Once you get there you start by going through a safety meeting and reviewing some pretty obvious safety tips. Then you would be reciving your DIAD and getting in your truck. If youre late, you will probably upset some of the drivers that are next to you since they cant get out of the building untill you do, meaning there day is gonna be longer. Once your in your truck you gotta start planning out your day (what route you wanna take first). You also are going to want to start organizing the back of your truck so you can find your packages easier. If you dont, youre going to fall way behind and get very stressed out. You are also going to have to keep going in the back of your truck to pick up all the packages that have dropped to the floor and put them in the right order again on the shelves. That happens all of the time. Other than that its simply driving from street to street and scanning and dropping packages off in a spot where they wont get dammaged. You are always going to be by your self, unless its around christmass time. Thats when things get insanely crazy, however they will probably hook you up with a package helper, who would run the packages off while you sort in the back. I love the job at peak when someones with me, otherwise you can get kind of lonely and stressed; being that there is no radio in your truck. The management there can be quite harsh on you as well. They will call you in the middle of your route to check up on you and see how many stops youve done. If you havnt done the amount of stops THEY would like you to have done by that time your probably going to have a talking to which will slow you down even more. Overall its a pretty decent job, the pay is good but then again its only seasonal work and the chances of you getting in there full time are kind of slim
Very good work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 25, 2015
I absolutely loved working for UPS, they make you feel like family! A typical day for me was answering any/all customer concerns and questions in a timely manner. I learned how to use my time wisely, there really is no time to stop an take personal time because it is a fast paced environment. My co-workers were a huge part of my day as well because if I needed help they were right there, to my rescue! I enjoyed my WHOLE experience at UPS.
Great Organization
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 25, 2015
UPS is a fantastic company, but there were times when the required hours far exceeded the norm, causing burnout and potential health and safety issues.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Hebron, KYMarch 24, 2015
After my 8 months in 2011 the company wasnt stable, it closed the warehouse i was working in laying off hundreds of workers.
Enjoyable, but serious work.
Driver Helper/Package Handler (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: full part-time benefits
Cons: Short hours
Typical you arrive, work and then go home. Social interaction is limited as everyone is busy doing their own thing. Management
is quick to delegate and are rather helpful. Finishing a work day
is a rewarding experience. The nature of your duties keeps you
active from a fitness perspective.
It was a fun job
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CaMarch 24, 2015
It was a temp job doing the holidays so I would ride around with the UPS driver and deliver packages to stores and peoples house and we would work longer hours then usual.
great place to work and stay active
Package Handler/ Sorter (Current Employee), Hialeah, FLMarch 24, 2015
a typical day at work is come in one time, attend presort meeting and from there i start sorting packages for an unloader. i sort fbetween 4-6 hours every shift. the most enjoyable part of work is the 10 minute break. the hardest part of work is to keep pushing yourself . I love my job and my co workers make it very enjoyable in which makes time move fast. i learned a lot about the company and how it operates.
good workplace
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee), Trenton, NJMarch 24, 2015
Worked everyday and delivered packages to customers doorsteps. overall was a good job there is a lot of walking but the pay is very well.
Fast paced work Great pay
supervisor for UPS (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Micro-Managing from the top down
This company does a very good job at taking care of its employees. the pay and benefits are great. As part of a management team I learned that communication is key to a successful operation.
Great company to work for!
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunches once a week.
Cons: Customers using profanity.
UPS Technical Department had a family-like atmosphere. It's no wonder that many employees remained there for a long period of time. My time, however, was temporary and was saddened when I was laid off.
Great place and people to work for
PACKAGE HANDLER (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 24, 2015
Working here was my favorite. i always enjoyed going to work. the benefits are great and the money is worth it if you dont live too far away.
Loader/Picker (Current Employee), Lexington, KYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: shifts are great 5 hours monday truh friday great part time job
Cons: somedays we leave early
sometimes we leave early so i ended up with only 180 or 170 a week when i only work 20 hours. when we do get to work our full hours and a little extra week pay might be 200 for 27 hours
Productive and fast past environment
Operation Supervisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2015
*Works and instructs over 60 drivers on daily task and dispatch per set route.
* Handles daily Customer Concerns through the UPS PCIS system.
*Works with Customer Center with pick up arrangements for customers, shipping arrangements both ground and next day air, and

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more

UPS Salaries