UPS
7,450 reviews

UPS United States Employee Reviews

Simple work for good pay
Sorter-Night Shift (Current Employee), Oakland, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free food during
If you don't mind physical labor, then this is the job for you. Everyday I help unload and sort packages before resorting new packages.
Fun
Helper (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2015
Great for a first job, I worked as a Seasonal Helper, Very fast paced, Great pay for the holidays I had a lot of fun working there.
Casual work environment
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAApril 20, 2015
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: on call 365 days a year
Run daily, weekly, monthly reports, work with other warehouse locations when there were questions. Trained other employees.
gaint Company
Scanning Supervisor (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 19, 2015
It's UPS it has all the advantages and disadvantages of a big company. i.e. problems have to be elevated through several layers of management before connecting to some one who can actually do something.
Not my type of job
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTApril 19, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: On-Call type of job
I didn't like that the job was mostly "on-call", Schedules were not for part-time workers. The hardest part of the job would be getting paired up with a driver that you may not enjoy working with.
Outstanding performance, consistent security.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 19, 2015
Pros: Work is always available if you are, full benefits, opportunity for promotions
Cons: slight risk if you aren't skilled and or trained well, practice does make perfect
Universal Protection Agency is a good company to get it contact with if you are interested in security. They have an amazing, professional management team that will stop a nothing to see locations secured, and their coworkers content/employed.
Very productive and hard working place that could be in some use in your everyday life.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 18, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable
Cons: Short breaks
Everyday I'm assign to a designated truck and would stack the boxes in an orderly fashion. I've learned how to be more discipline in my work and always check my work. The management was fair and very demanding. My co-workers were extremely helpful. The hardest part of the job was falling behind with multiple boxes to load at a time. The most enjoyable part was the moment it was time to leave.
physical work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Newport, RIApril 18, 2015
Pros: you learn a lot about packing items properly
Cons: hours, very little paid time off
It can be tiring at work and you feel sore afterwards, but it paid the bills. The hours were crazy, it was to work your 40 hours in 6 days often. Very few paid days off and getting them is like pulling teeth. It's a franchise and the only way you're linked with UPS is that you ship items out using their company. So, no 401k, healthcare or other perks that UPS Corp. has.
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee), Warwick, RIApril 18, 2015
-work/life balance- is not taken into account
-Highest paying employees for the industry
-Great Benefits
-Great tuition programs
customer service/cashier (Former Employee), Granada Hills, CAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Money from mailbox holders during Christmas, sometimes free lunches, a great job and small workouts during work time
Cons: Small work area and customers who were unsatisfied with our packing.
I would pack boxes for customers and would call mailbox holders for renewal. I learned that I'm stronger than I look and can pack various items in different sizes of boxes. My boss was always encouraging, supportive and always tried to match our class time with work hours. My co-workers were hard workers but sometimes it would get crowded behind the work area. The hardest part was leaving and sometimes my manager would not help when needed. The most enjoyable was learning a new skill, the friendly customers that came in and Christmas bonus.
Great driver
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2015
if you have a great driver this job will be great. you meet great people on your route and you learn a lot along the way. i would love to work there again
fast paced working
Package Handler/Pre-Loader (Former Employee), Commerce City, COApril 17, 2015
Pros: pay rate
Cons: not enough hours
ups was a cool place to work as a part time. it was like working out and getting paid. the pay rate was good but the hours not so much .
Workplace
HRSC Exams Agent (Current Employee), Overlandpark, KsApril 16, 2015
Pros: Assisting Others
Cons: Unable to assist employees
Answer calls from UPS employees who is going out on FMLA/Short Term Disability leave. The best thing about job is helping employees.
Pre loader (Current Employee), New Stanton, PAApril 16, 2015
Pros: High starting pay and reliable hours
Cons: Lifting iregs
The supervisors are great. The job is hard, but if you are fit you will have no problem. Pay is good as well. Great place to work, very much recommended.
great team members
Package Handler (Former Employee), Wyoming, MIApril 16, 2015
hit the guard shack walk into the building then hang up my belongings and wait until annoucnments and then go ahead and start work they call out your door. next you walk up to the door wait until the truck bags up then open the door . next you pull the extendo up to the truck and get all packages overs 70lbs off first then after that you strat to unload the rest of the truck for the rest of the night
fun fast working job
Package Handler (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2015
loading boxes on trailer building them into a tight wall and keeping your work area clean as fast as the boxes come down the rollers.
The job overall was interesting to say the least.
Seasonal Pre-Loader (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: Work only at night so you still have the day
Cons: Work only at night so you are tired during the day
A typical day required employees to begin work at the earliest hours of the day. I learned organizational skills and how to use scanners. MGMT was not really helpful. Team work was a must in order to complete task. The hardest part of the job was the repetition and no rest. The most enjoyable was the hours passing quickly
Comprehensive job with great employees and lots of entertainment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Angelo, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, business savvy, always occupied
Cons: Shortness of staff
A typical day at work could vary any day of the week at The UPS Store. One day you may see a large print job such as making 500 business cards or several banners needed for an event. Another day you may see several antique glass pieces needing to be packed and shipped to Germany. Another would be on the phone for hours trying to settle a damaged package dispute. The list goes on and on. However, this broad array of tasks that could occur each day has allowed myself to prepare for anything, and understand how to organize work in a proficient and timely manner. I have also been fortunate enough to work with some of my really close friends, three of which being my friends since childhood. This makes a huge difference in the workplace as far as entertainment, communication, and task cohesion go. The most challenging aspect of my job actually goes hand in hand with the most enjoyable aspect. When starting the job I found it overwhelming when being bombarded with several different tasks at once. In time, I began to adapt and find ways to work proficiently. Now that I have developed competence on each task, I really enjoy the since of accomplishment when completing several tasks in a professional manner.
Store Manager
ASSISTANT MANANGER (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 16, 2015
If you like working independently without micromanagement this is a great place to work. Working at the UPS store has allowed me to meet a variety of people from all walks of life. If you are a people person and have attention to detail and know how to take initiative then managing at the UPS store can be very rewarding.
Overall, it was a good company to work for. unfortunately it went out of business.
Warehouse III (Former Employee), Ayer, MAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Always staying busy.
A typical day at work would start by getting an order to be picked for shipment.

I learned different ways to assemble the product onto pallets to make it easier for my co-workers to check.
I also learned cycle counting and consumer adjustments.

Management was very helpful in helping me achieve new goals.

My co-workers were very pleasant to work with.

There was no hard part to the position I was hired to do.

The most enjoyable part of my job was keeping busy and working with pleasant co-workers.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more

UPS Salaries