UPS Employee Reviews

Producting and fast paced environment.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2017
Working at UPS, was very fast paced environment. You are very much on your own. The teamwork could be better. I had to lift and maneuver 35-70 pound boxes in a timely manner. The company has very good benefits.
benefits
Cons
environment
good company to be with just could be better.
Package Handler/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 16, 2017
great benefits, maybe the best benefits you could have. very fast paced and competitive. Ups could be a lot better if it was production based or paid a little better. Also could use more hours.
benefits
Cons
hours
Ups!
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYOctober 16, 2017
UPS was a seasonal position for myself but once i got on the team i new it was a good fit. I continued my work and made great friends in the process. UPS was an exciting environment.
package handler
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJOctober 16, 2017
learn to work with others ,and help others so they can learn the job too working at ups keep you active ,thmost enjoyable part of the job is to finsih
Terrible center, terrible management
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDOctober 16, 2017
Awful place to work for. Supervisors yell at people, work you ragged, which really isn't an exaggeration. You work hard with not much to show for it. Packages are basically handled like footballs in some instances, dropped, kicked, damaged regularly. Things go missing all the time. People get into fights and don't get consideration for having to defend themselves from supervisors. Certain people get to skate out of trouble over and over, instead of being treated the same way you would, if fair is fair. Overall terrible atmosphere, many people who get hired end up quitting soon. The work load and the pace they expect really isn't for everyone. The benefits are really the only thing that would keep anyone there for a long time. They do pay for school, healthcare is great, but what you have to put up with to enjoy those benefits isnt quite worth it.
UPS... the Place to Work
Employee Client Communications Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2017
UPS is a dynamic company that has been around for 110 year. The workplace culture is one of professionalism and one that believes in supporting our communities. The most enjoyable part of our job is having a relaxed atmosphere, the cohesiveness of teams and leaders and the many company perks offered. The hardest part would be finding something to complain about.
Pros
Super Fringe Benefits
Cons
Peak Season
horrible
Full Time Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAOctober 16, 2017
the company changed through the years and became less a people company more of a company or interested in money. This place worked you to lose your family and loved ones…
Hard work pays off
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 16, 2017
I would recommend others to go work for UPS cause its a fast pace job an if you like lifting boxes an working out then UPS is the job for you. The supervisors their are helpful an will talk things with you step by step
it ok
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 16, 2017
If you like working your but off for low wages then this is the job for you, a day here is like a day in the desert with no water and no shade you are expected of a lot just starting out
High stress
Package Car Driver (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 16, 2017
Company only cares about numbers. Company does not care about employees or customers. Management overworks employees and does not follow union contract guidelines. Pays great, but job will wear you down with stress, physical demands and lack of family time.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Fast paced but fun
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 16, 2017
UPS can be a challenging place to work, but the pay and benefits are great. The hardest part of this job would be the fast pace or the heavy lifting. However, the people I worked with were awesome.
It was solid
Revenue Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 16, 2017
Its a good place to work but working there everyday while going to school was to much. I had to much to do and they didnt pay enough for what i was doing.
Pros
a lot of free will
Cons
the supervisors
Fast Pace
SORTER/LOADER (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 16, 2017
Worked mostly evenings at a fast pace to get packages out to customers on time. Enjoyed working with my co-works as well. We always finished ahead of time and often help other lines out with their work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough work hours
the most i enjoyed
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAOctober 16, 2017
i enjoyed meeting and talking with the soldiers. I enjoyed the quiet and safe environment as well. It was fun to be there and i hate that i had to stop working there.
Good pay, not so good hours
Full-time Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 16, 2017
I loved doing the job, being a UPS man. I was guy that everyone trusted and that brown uniform means a lot in the community. The biggest problem was that I worked late consistently and wasn't able to be home to see my young son before bed time or have dinner with my family. I felt like I just needed a change.
Pros
Pay, benefits, independence
Cons
Hours, micro-management
Challenging and rewarding
Hub Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIOctober 16, 2017
Great company to work for. Stretches your abilities and challenges you to always do better.

Excellent branding and continuous improvement culture

Good compensation and rewarding work
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Can be stressful with long hours
Good job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJOctober 16, 2017
Hard work there but it pays off. I would recommend UPS to anyone looking for employment. Its a part time job so it works out. Promotions within. Drivers positions are available as well. Always hiring.
Benefits
Cons
Work is hard
Fast paced job
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXOctober 16, 2017
The management pushed for the team to get trucks loaded and unloaded. I had an injury due to being pushed too far to meet a deadline. If you work this job, take precautions to keep from getting injured.
very fast work environment
part time supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2017
very fast and it's part time, I'm looking for full time and more pay, some of the things they say about safety they don't enforce, I am in training and have been trained in haz mat clean up donning and doffing SCBA.
Not Bad
Loader (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOOctober 15, 2017
Great if you're a hard worker who needs money fast and doesn't mind getting their hands dirty! The work pace is extremely fast and harsh but I loved it because it was a workout, and that itself is definitely a WORKOUT!