UPS Employee Reviews

Found 16,647 reviews matching the search
I miss working there.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 21, 2017
If i regret one thing in my life it is quitting UPS and moving. I moved from Texas to Florida to start a new life and I really wish I would have stayed at UPS and worked on my life in Texas.
Pros
Great everything.
Cons
You worked for your money. They made you earn it lol
training
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJuly 20, 2017
Once I became management, I really enjoyed my job at UPS. I was a training supervisor, teaching new hire how to properly load and work safely. hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
Pros
advancement
Cons
heat
Fast paced and short work hours
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJuly 20, 2017
This is a fast paced company, but the pay and the hours are impossible to survive off of. You start work at 3 am and work 3 to 4 hours. And if it is slow, you work even. And there were no benefits for part time workers.Not a lot of room for advancement.
Coworkers were awesome and time always flies by
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 20, 2017
Its a good job but you hardly have time for the family. Especially during the Nov. and Dec months. On the other hand its a great way to support your family because the pay and benefits.
Pros
Alot of overtime
Cons
Short breaks, not much time for family time
Fast paced environment that rewards hard work and dues
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 20, 2017
a typical day consists of walking the warehouse to the unload area where light calisthenics and stretching are required. When the sorting belts turn on, you begin unloading a truck as quickly, and as courteously as possible - being mindful of your teammates on the sort line and conscientious of the parcel itself -

After a few trucks, you'll begin to perspire or vomit from exhaustion, where the manager will encourage you to take a break and rehydrate in preparation for the 4 trucks your lazy coworkers didn't finish.

The workday usually ends early, and depending on workload could result in you going home in less than an hour. However, in holiday season, it is expected to help sort and load trucks to pick up the slack after unloading.

To achieve full-time status, you must have seniority and be apart of the Union - most waiting lists require at least 4 years of tenure before being considered for the full 8 hour shift. After 10 years of paying dues, you may be considered to be a driver which I hear has its perks.

So if you put in your time, you'll be able to have a steady job with great benefits, but it starts off part time and if you're not in shape, you'll have a rough time at first.
Pros
getting paid to lose weight and build strength
Cons
hot warehouse, long time before career can take off there
Short breaks, constant work
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJuly 20, 2017
I dreaded to come to work, but whenever I needed money it was there. We worked non stop for about two hours, have a 10 minute break, and then work for 3 hours constantly.
Pros
Money
Cons
SHorts break, bad work environment
Amazing Opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eagle, IDJuly 20, 2017
Working for UPS or The UPS Store will be a great decision. There are lots of things to learn and it can sometimes be stressful but the people that I worked with and was able to associate with have changed my life for the better. Very flexible hours and honestly could not ask for a better manager and owner to work with. With the job there are many opportunities to make mistakes but I never felt punished or criticized for making a mistake. I would simply be taught how to fix it, how to avoid it in the future and then I would fix it.
Pros
Great people to work with, great compensation and flexible hours.
Cons
Sometimes very stressful
great place to work!
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 20, 2017
My supervisor was a really good guy, he always wanted me to do better and work harder and his attitude and positive energy always made me want to achieve more, had to relocate and was really upset about leaving this job.
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJuly 20, 2017
I enjoyed my time there even though it was seasonal position. I wish i could have stayed and been hired on. a lot of work to be done but I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
great work out.
Ups
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 20, 2017
My shift is routine with the exclusion of the different people and personalities that i encounter each day. The management team is very typical. There are managers who are great and there are mangers who suck. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the members of the management team that make unnecessary decisions. The most enjoyable is working with my co-workers.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Great seasonsal job
Seasonal Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 20, 2017
Seasonal driver. Excellent training. Excellent driving program. Must be able to drive a manual truck. Long hours during the holiday season. Kind supportive manager. Very friendly staff.
Life as an UPS employee.
United Parcel Service (Current Employee) –  Bogart, GAJuly 20, 2017
Perfect job for anyone to have. Local or college student. Great pay rate increases. Great job security. Flexible hours. Simple work to learn. Optional whether you decide to drive or work in the warehouse. Great benefits.
Pros
Benefits, Job Security, Pay Rate
Cons
Unstable management
long and hard job but worth it
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2017
the day of a driver helper is just as long as a regular ups driver. the weather is sometimes harsh but the pay makes the job worth it. the most enjoyable part of the job is being out all day in all neighborhoods
They actually care about you more than just you working for them.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 19, 2017
They management and supervisors are all focused on safety and hydration. The training is amazing and everyone who works there is very down to earth. its all around a great company to work for.
Hard work
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Polk County, FLJuly 19, 2017
This job was a lot of hard work, but I enjoyed it a lot. Even though it was seasonal, they work you a lot in a short amount of time and it's well worth it.
Pros
Hour breaks
Cons
Work late
tough environment, good learning experience
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 19, 2017
UPS was a great learning experience, it proved to me that I am not a 3rd shift kind of person. It also taught me that I would rather not have a factory job.
Work was fine, however management was lacking.
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OH 44130July 19, 2017
I worked as a driver helper during the Christmas season. The actual work was fine and i enjoyed the drivers i met and work i did. The problem i had was with getting assigned to drivers each day. My area was divided into north and south sectors, myself being placed in the north. Not once did get placed with a driver from north, every day i called they said they did not need me. I was able to pick up work with the south when their helpers did not show up or couldnt make it. Therefore i did not work or earn as much as i would have liked.
Great benefits
Local Sort Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Tangent, ORJuly 19, 2017
UPS is a great place to grow with the company, it is also a very high benefits place as well. The specific job that I had was high paced high intensity and very stressful but once mastered became fun and enjoyable.
Productive place with alot going on
Truck Unloader (Former Employee) –  New Stanton, PAJuly 19, 2017
Very loud and busy environment with a very fast paced approach to working. Getting a 15 minute break on a part time job seemed generous, and all the management was nice.
Not what you expect
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 19, 2017
Very easy work, physically demanding. What I didn't expect was all the different walks of life that worked there. I still keep in touch with a few people from there. Some people may not like working from 4am to 8am but I didn't find it too bad. I
Pros
Benefits, hours, weekly pay
Cons
harsh work environment

CEO Approval