UPS Employee Reviews

Found 11,995 reviews matching the search
Review
Workforce Planning Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 9, 2016
Great company to work for. I had no issues while working for this company. Also you get a really good discount on the shoes. i would go back to this company in a heart beat.
Provide shipping needs
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 9, 2016
This location is based in a hotel. A typical day at work consists of providing shipping/ print job needs. I deliver packages to guest's rooms if desired. While employed at this establishment, I have learned to be more patient with others. The hardest part of this job is that the work load is solely placed on me. The most enjoyable part is work/personal life balance.
Pros
Free lunch, interactions with others
Cons
No healthcare opportunity, low compensation
Great Job Good working environment
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 9, 2016
I love working for ups it's a great job where you can move up in the future if you become permanent and there is many other jobs that you can do other than package Handler or Driver helper I could see spending the rest of my life with UPS.
Pros
Its union
Cons
You got to get lucky to become permanent
Ehhh
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCDecember 9, 2016
My job was fine for me, but the environment of the company is very hostile. Management will always try and throw the next person under the bus if it comes to making them look good.
Ample opportunity for advancement.
wearhouse (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEDecember 9, 2016
Hard work but rewarding and there is plenty of room to grow in the company. Comradery among employees and management. Great benefits and packages for retirement.
Its a very productive working company with lots of friendly faces
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Isanti, MNDecember 9, 2016
During the two years I've worked as a seasonal driver helper it was actually an enjoyable experience each day I worked. Lots of friendly customers along with friendly coworkers
Pros
Lots of benefits
Cons
Short breaks
good experience working at the ups.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 9, 2016
ups is a place you meet different kinds of people and a chance to understand them, it also teaches you to be careful, and very observance. helps you to develop your skills of speed.
Run as fast as you can
Payroll Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 9, 2016
Company has its own payroll systems, so any previous payroll experience is of no use. They celebrate the mediocrity of tenured associates who have no education, drive, nor ambition to do anything else. All while monitoring your every move. Office cliques are rampant, due to most people having started working shortly after high school. Expect low pay with long hours - hopefully the extra overtime during peak season can carry your extreme boredom for the next 15-20 years before your next promotion.
Pros
The end of the day
Cons
Dress code, pay, management
na
Director of Operations/Engineering (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2016
I do not want to discuss any details pertaining to my position at UPS - you can view my ratings should you want an opportunity to work there. Best of luck.
UPS package handler
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MADecember 9, 2016
UPS is a safe and steady workplace. Its has many reliable and dependable co-workers. The job is easy to understand but difficult to master. Overall, the job is manageable and doesn't into your school or your personal life.

Want to know more about UPS?

Ask a question
Driver's Assistant (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Union, NJDecember 9, 2016
Good company to work for. I'm learning a lot and I have good coworkers. Though it's seasonal, I've gained some valuable skills which will be useful.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Long holiday hours
Productive busy company
Package Delivery Organizer (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 9, 2016
It was very difficult to load 18 tracker wheeler but i did it. It's good to help one another at time I did not get help but I did It myself. The supervisors were not helpful there were boxes all over the place and if there is a fire hazard I would have to clime over all of them but I would clear my own path.
Pros
get out early
Cons
Not much assistance
Productive Workplace
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARDecember 9, 2016
The job is fast paced, and you learn new things everyday. The co-workers are nice and friendly, and the management is okay. The hardest part about the job is getting everything scanned and in the system within a two and a half hour time frame. The best part about the job, is the opportunity for growth within the company.
Pros
Free gatorade
Cons
No breaks
Productive workplace
Assistant Manager Retail (Current Employee) –  Darien, CTDecember 9, 2016
Most of my co-workers and manager were helpful and friendly. I learned how to help run a store. It was just unfortunate that I worked full time 40 hour weeks with no benefits.
Poor supervision and instruction of supervisors
Bag Handler and Sorter (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDDecember 8, 2016
There are many location that are not managed well including the warehouse I used to work for. The work load for the company is not properly distributed. There are good benefits that come with working with the company including discounts and annual paid leave
Pros
Paid yearly leave
Cons
Unorganized Management
Work place that definitely keeps you on your toes.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GADecember 8, 2016
I learned to design graphics on short notice as many customers came in wanting print jobs done same day. I also learned how difficult Microsoft Publisher can be to work with.
productive and physical work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 8, 2016
very physical job loved the workout great work place management was very detailed great overtime potential easy commute they also have a shuttle to take you from penn station to the job site
Pros
great overtime and great work place
Cons
warehouse hot in the summer and freezing in the winter
seasonal postion
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Springfield, NYDecember 8, 2016
I gained a lot of maturity and patience working in the ups franchise it was very hard to get use to but after my first two weeks I felt like a pro .I would always recommend ups to any of my associate
Pros
flexibility with hours
Cons
short breaks
More work less life balance
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 8, 2016
The work always comes first before your life balance. Once you fill a position they do not let you advance until they find a replacement which could take a very long time. I notice those who make errors get promotions. The union comes first and they are highly paid drivers and full time hub workers. As for management be a specialist or a full time supervisor. Otherwise you become a manager and your really their work slave with a little more money. I wonder how they expect people to fill PT supervisor positions positions with so little pay. Most of all they tell you what you wanna hear and lie to you so that you stay at the company. Leadership is a total joke. If your in any type of PT supervisor, specialist, or admin position, and try to join the union just forget it its very hard to go drive to make the real money. They place so much work on you with little pay in management. If you were management in the 90s and are still there then your good. Otherwise management careers are a joke unless you move high up.
Pros
You get to get good experience
Cons
They play favoritism when they promote employees.
Hard work if u are up to it
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 8, 2016
I worked at ups for 4 years at the most busy spot there and that really helped me out n the long run cause I don't get Frustrated at hard work just put my head down and just work
Pros
The people
Cons
Hours and pay