UPS
7,301 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

A great start to my path to a career.
Preloader (Former Employee), Gardena, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: The coworkers helped out a lot.
Cons: Schedule was only Early morning shifts @2am.
Early morning shifts form 2:00 am-11:00 am. I would go in and immediately start grabbing packages from the belt and placing them in assigned cages. For the first six hours transferring from belt to belt where I am needed. The last two hours hours where stocking the UPS trucks. The coworkers would talk during intermissions of the loads but the hardest part of the job was an over flow of packages that needed to be placed onto the oncoming cages. The most enjoyable part was clocking out knowing that i earned every dollar I made.
Fast paced work
Package Handler (Current Employee), Newington, VAMarch 30, 2015
Been here for 5 years and the benefits are amazing. Every day is different, keeps you in shape, but can take a toll on the body if job is not done correctly.
Hard work pays off
Team Member (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Career Opportunity
Cons: Working in the elements
Providing customer service and taking orders. Helped with loading and unloading trucks. During the holidays I assisted delivering packages to clients.
Fast pace work environment.
Package Handler (Current Employee), Queens, NYMarch 30, 2015
Fast paced Enjoyable work environment. Alot of lifting boxes up to 70 pounds. Good deal of fun upbeat co-workers. safety procedures to lifting and lowering heavy boxes.
UPS does many things in addition to carry packages.
Account Manager, Business Development (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 30, 2015
Pros: I learned a great deal about myself and business.
Cons: Long hours are required to be successful.
I was hired from outside the company as a Manager. I worked very hard and my success was recognized. UPS does a great job in training staff. I continue to have many friends who work at UPS. I organized conference calls to European and Asian to organize my international business. I was a "legal market" specialist working with law firms in Virginia, Washington, DC and Maryland.
Ok place to work
Package Handler (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great Co Workers
Cons: Hours
If you need a job. and Hours dont really matter to you its the perfect job. its more for young adults looking to spend years in order to move up.
Amazing experience
corpsman (Former Employee), norfolk, vaMarch 30, 2015
hardest part of the job was the hurry up and wait movements. learned many things from different types of leads. co-works that are like family. the most enjoyable part is the pride that we all share for U.S.
Fast pace
Local Sorter (Part time Evening) (Former Employee), Landover, MDMarch 30, 2015
Prepare, organize and sort letter size, small, medium and large boxes/packages delivered via vans, cargo trucks, tractor trailers and aircrafts across the United States and Canada. Complete the end of the day procedures to close out the shipping and receiving area in the DC local sort in Landover Maryland Distribution Center.
A wonderful well run place
truck unloader (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 30, 2015
Pros: good workout, good people, and good pay
Cons: short break
The pay was good, the labour was consistent, the sense of camaraderie was very visceral between workers. People would often great each other happily, even in the face of Christmas package shipping
very nice staff to work with.
Preloader (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYMarch 30, 2015
It was a team player job, very friendly and comfortable job. It was early a.m. hours but went by quick. Great pay and benefits.
Seasonal work
Package Handler (Former Employee), Rockford, ILMarch 30, 2015
Pros: leaving
Cons: unions
Don't work here unless you like your paycheck going mostly to the unions and their selfish greed. All the people who work here have a self serve attitude. If you get hurt on the line, it's like a slave shop where they whip you to get back to work without the safety and care that humans are originally born with.
UPS
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: two thirty minute lunches
Cons: no raises or benifits
Well when I get to work I unload the truck,weigh the freight and put the work on the line so it could be processed.After all work is processed I move the processed mail to the side neatly so the next shift could load the truck.I learned how to operate the stand up and sit down forklift also a cherry picker.The managers liked the job I did and I got along good with everyone.. The shift were extended at times,but it paid off in the end
An experience for many, a job for few
Helper Coordinator (Former Employee), IndianaMarch 29, 2015
Pros: compensation, benefits, cross-training options
Cons: Disorganization, lack of communication, high level of stress
Great opportunities to learn and gain different experience but had major communication issues from management on down. VERY high level of stress with this company plus too many people unwilling to do their job properly. Add disorganization at all levels to this and you get a nice list of work challenges. Time management is a must, two minutes late even for a legit issue is noted and brought to everyones attention. The best part about this company are the benefits and depending on what position/department you work in the money can be great but the more money you earn the less likely you are to have ANY personal, social, or family based life. This company requires a big commitment and you need to know your own limitations. UPS is not for everyone and if you need structure, step-by-step/hands on training, and consistency than this company is not for you. If you can work without those things plus with stone-age equipment, a paper system for filing everything, and minor paycheck issues than this company is for you. Again, the benefits and compensation bring many people in but after you are in everything else makes you think twice about staying.
nice people to work with
Customs Brokerage Representative (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: working with a friendly group of people
Cons: working late hours
A typical day involves clearing invoices of packages that are being shipped to the U.S from overseas. We give U.S customs a clear description of the commodity being shipped. The description has to be accurate in order not to be fined by customs and to also ensure that the importer receives the package in a timely fashion.
Sales Associate/Customer Services (Current Employee), Rogers, ARMarch 29, 2015
goes by fast, co workers are friendly, talking to customers, nothing is fun its all enjoyable, manager is super nice. I learn something new everyday.
A place to hone skills
Customer Service (Current Employee), El Dorado Hills, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Gaining various skills over time.
Cons: Lack of room for advancement.
I start each day by sorting and distributing mail and packages to five hundred box holders. I perform notarization for a multitude of documents for customers. I create various documents for customers using Microsoft Office and various Adobe programs. Packing and shipping various packages for customers.
I have honed many of my computer skills through repeated use of various programs.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making a customer happy that they chose our establishment for their various needs.
its a great place to work
driver (Former Employee), Front Royal, VAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: great pay great benefits abd lots of hours
Cons: its really hard to get a job there
on any given day the volume of packages and where you would be delivering those packages would change. when delivering many different challenges would arise, weather, traffic not being able to find a location or a package and unscheduled pick ups or mechanical failure. the management and the other drivers where very helpful and great to work with.
UPS floor work
Metro Unloader (Former Employee), Rockdale, ILMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Management treating you poorly
I don't have very many good things to say about UPS. Its definitely not would you would expect out of a Fortune 500 company thats for sure. Don't get me wrong it has the union and union benefits but the management has a close eye kept on them and they still take the risk of getting complaints written up against them for getting out of line with the worker. Now when I worked there it felt like management against the union except for one supervisor that was just a nice guy in general. You are also worked to the point of exhaustion in a cold/hot truck, depends on the weather my warehouse didn't have AC or Heating. They say you don't have to lift over 70 lbs. That is a blatant lie, I remember most days out of the week i was lifting tems over 100 lbs. So you tell me is it worth the Union and the benefits.
Place for growth and development
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 29, 2015
UPS is a great company for growth and advancements. Learned a lot in the safety office. It is a fast pace work environment.
productive and fun workplace
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 28, 2015
very fun and productive workplace where the people and experiences are well worth it all. each and every day brings something new

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more

UPS Salaries