UPS
6,321 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

Hard work with a fair wage and good benefits.
Preload (Former Employee), Baldwin Park, CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: good health insurance, high pay per hours for starting positions.
Cons: little room for advancement, inflexible hours
The typical day would be loading and unload trucks for several hours, with packages weighing between 5 and 70 lbs. I would be asked to help other departments, such as unload and sorting, while my main job was to load partakes into the delivery trucks. The job requires allot of movement and the ability to lift heavy objects. the hardest part of the job – more... was its inflexible hours, – less
Productive and fast paced
Package handler (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 17, 2014
Cons: no free lunch
A typical day at work loading packages onto freight trucks. I learn that loading trucks requires a lot of stamina and intense focus. The hardest part of the job is loading heavy hardware onto the trucks.
Manual labor
Senior Package Handler (Former Employee), Earth City, MODecember 17, 2014
Unloading semi-trucks, Not much else to say. Got hurt on the job which led to me leaving.
Great place to learn and grow
Senior Network Design Engineer (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJDecember 17, 2014
Pros: great leadership
Cons: career growth
Typical work Day: Work on New Network Designs, Attend Project meetings, Team meeting, Working in Lab on new technology services and devices. Study and research of new technology and services, and mentoring.
I learned that with communication and creativity a person may be successful
My management was very supportive.
I enjoyed working with my coworkers. – more... Great team work environment.
The hardest part of job: N/A
The most enjoyable part of job is learning and working with my coworkers to build a robust and state of the art Network – less
Great company to build your career with
On-Road Supervisor / Driver Trainer (Former Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: health insurance benefits
Cons: very hard work during "peak" season
UPS is a great company to work for. They abide by a "promote from within" philosophy. This helps ensure that the people that move upward are familiar with how the UPS culture works. It makes good business sense and develops a solid work ethic for the individual.

They provide tuition reimbursement for college students which is a sure plus! The health – more... insurance benefits are hard to pass up as well. I've known many UPSers that have held only a part-time position (in addition to outside full-time jobs) for YEARS just to take advantage of these benefits.

They've been around for over a century. I believe they've accomplished this, in part, through the hiring of such a diverse workforce. Definitely an employer worth considering. – less
Fast pace and safe work enviornment
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 17, 2014
At UPS the job was very fast pace and consistent. If not physical and mentally prepared the job could have an effect on your health. Its important to stay hydrated and also use proper techniques when handling packages. Overall the job was fun, it can have a lot of wear and tear of the body over the years.
my first job i love it if want to work for the city star there at ups
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee), Macon, GADecember 17, 2014
great energy great people theres never dull moment at great place they make you feel welcome
Production
Production Helper (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 17, 2014
My company was great. I love working there. The days seemed to fly by. I learned to be consistent. Management was great Co-workers were cool. The hardest part was staying consistent. The most enjoyable part was learning new things.
competetive
Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee), 300 Oak streetDecember 16, 2014
I liked UPS because of the competitiveness and the work environment. Working for UPS helped me gain better social skills.
Very well structure.
UPS, Air Ramp Driver (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 16, 2014
Pros: good money, always overtime.
Cons: hard on a family man.
Arrive on job, receive flight and work sheet for your shift. Go to your crew for that shift, wait for sup. then wait for planes to land and unload or load the plane to the warehouse.
Very Productive work environment
Pre-Loader (Current Employee), Saddle Brook, NJDecember 16, 2014
Amazing work place with enthusiastic employees that work hard day in and day out.
High paced Productive
Loader/ Sorter (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: short work hours
Cons: heavy work load in a short period of time
Pleasure to work for this company, I would love to work there again in the near future.
Great workplace and motivating co-workers
Package Handler/ Air Driver (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 16, 2014
A typical day at work is loading/unloading packages and interacting with your co-workers and supervisors. Management and co-worker help each other develop their skills and place where they will be very effective. Hardest part of the job would be lifting heavy boxes in a fast pace environment, and the most enjoyable part of the job would be the co-worker – more... and supervisors. – less
A stable job that provies great benefits.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 16, 2014
Pros: tution assistance, paid vacations, benefits
Cons: high stress and physical demand
A typical day at work I lead a team from 8-14 employees and hold them accountable to work safe and produce the quality, service, and production standards. I've learned how to work with others and take ideas that are not my own into consideration whether they are right or wrong. I've learned how to bring the best out of employees. The hardest part of – more... the job is retaining new hires. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co workers. – less
fast paced environment
Front line manager (Current Employee), Portland, ORDecember 16, 2014
if you like hard work in a fast paced environment, you'll love Ups the people are great, the benefits are great, and you get a great workout. Itss like getting paid to workout with the benefits
The worst
Service Provider (Former Employee), Hammond, INDecember 15, 2014
I had terrible experience there, the management is strictly focused on firing ppl unless you are bottom kisser. It is a place where corporate greed and stealing time off of time card by management is allowed by IBT. Would not advise anyone to work there.
Great Workout
Local Sort and International Package Handler (Former Employee), Willmar, MNDecember 15, 2014
Pros: workout
Cons: part time
Fast pace with a workout built into a normal day of work. International codes and working with a diverse group of people
very fast paced environment
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee), Media, PADecember 15, 2014
Lots of packages , but being in Small sorts was very interesting and gave a good understanding of how packaging gets around the world.
Challenging Job
Supervisor (Former Employee), Madison Heights, MIDecember 15, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: work enviroment
Great benefits, stress on performance made place a bit too much to deal with.
Nightmare
Driver helper (Former Employee), OregonDecember 15, 2014
Cons: low pay, few hours, arrogant drivers, etc. etc, etc
Unless you find yourself in a position of true desperation, don't go near this job. As a matter of fact run screaming.
I'm not nor have I ever have been afraid of hard work.
Getting paid $9.10 an hour is not even close to fair for what they ask. Learning the diad board via the shotgun method. And if you don't pick it up quickly most drivers become irritated.
To – more... top it off...it is so hit and miss. You may or may not get a call to work on any given day yet you are required to be available on a moments notice.
UPS is loaded with a bunch of cut throat teamster jerks. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more