UPS
7,754 reviews

UPS Employee Reviews

Great Benefits, No Work/Life Balance
Safety and Compliance Supervisor (Current Employee), OregonMay 26, 2015
Pros: Good health benefits, tuition reimbursement, awesome PTO and vacations
Cons: Long hours, full time jobs are hard to come by, advancement is difficult
UPS offers it's employees great benefits. However, full time jobs for both management and inside employees are few and far between. The company claims it loves to promote from within for management positions, but many of the positions are filled with off-the-street hires. Many of the full time jobs pay very well, however, they definitely require you to for your money, oftentimes requiring full time management employees to work 60+ hours a week (especially during Christmas, aka peak season-- don't expect to see your family much or partake in holiday traditions). Full time jobs also require a college education-- it is almost impossible to advance without a degree. UPS is a family, and the employees, both hourly and management, treat it that way.
Working for UPS was a challenging but enjoyable experience
Seasonal Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAMay 26, 2015
The work for UPS varied from day to day whether it packing boxes, serving customers, to loading and un loading trucks. There were no goals or incentives but it was a job that when you finished your work for the day, you were done. I learned how to work efficiently and fast while maintaining the quality of work needed to get the job done correctly. It was very fun learning and getting the experience
Best part-time job
Package Handler (Former Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 26, 2015
Pros: short shifts, good pay, fast paced enough to keep from getting bored, cool coworkers and supervisors, free holiday turkeys
Cons: have to work two jobs or live really simple but really good paying part-time job after awhile
This was the coolest job I ever had. If I had not been in debt during this time I could have made a comfortable living just working here part-time and worked my way up to supervisor or driver.
good
DRIVER HELPER (Former Employee), raleigh ncMay 26, 2015
Pros: fragile products
Cons: dealing with clients dogs
overall the company was a good learning experience

I was blessed to have one designated driver to share the delivery routes with.compares to my coworkers dealing with multiple drivers
Great
Unloader (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 26, 2015
Awesome. The supervisors are great and the pay is excellent. It teaches you a lot about what you want to do in life. The hardest part was the training.
Great company to build a career, they love to hire from within.
Pre-Loader (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and opportunity for advancment
Cons: no breaks for part-timers, also no air conditioning
Part-time works about four hours a day, Monday through Friday. I improved my attention to detail and organizations skills while employed in this position. Co-workers are very energetic and friendly, great attitude to work around.
Hard Work, not for the faint of heart.
General Laborer (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSMay 26, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: Bad Hours
For Part Time:
Worked the 4am shift.
Loaded and Unloaded Trucks, Also Sorted Packages.
Management Overall is good.
Working on a time crunch constantly leads to higher tension sometimes but if you can survive that, it is a fine job for you.
First management job experience
Part-Time Preload Supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 26, 2015
Pros: Good employees in my work area
Cons: Short breaks and early start time
This job has confirmed my ability to effectively supervise employees especially in an environment that happens to be different from my previous experience. I enjoy the interaction with the employees in my work area.
money is great.youll be a slave
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMay 26, 2015
if you have no life and you need a bunch of money this the place for you.hot in summer cold in the winter.but its well paying job and the insurance best ive ever seen
It was cool
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSMay 26, 2015
Pros: Set Scheduling
Cons: Hard to get days off
When I first began working at Ups my hourly pay was $8.50, and after 6 months I was making $11.00 an hr. Now starting pay is $10.00 for part - time, and I think it tops out at $14.00 an hr. It's really hard work but you get raises at a rapid pace. I had to leave though because I kept getting hurt.
High stress environment with dirty working conditions.
Loader/ Sorter (Current Employee), Vernon, CAMay 26, 2015
Before every shift we have a meeting where management informs their employees how well we did production wise the previous day and how we can improve as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is the very short ten minute break for every shift. It allows my coworkers and I to relax and build good working relationships. The hardest part of the day is are the other five hours and fifty minutes we are working. We are constantly lifting and moving throughout the shift so maintaining a good diet and exercising regularly helps keep my body in shape for the rigors of the job.
fun an fast moving
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2015
everyday is a new challenge learning the right method is key to success learning never stops I find working for ups helps things outside or work
Productive and great working environment to.
Shipping Associate (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 26, 2015
Pros: Healthcare
Cons: Lack of communication
Working at UPS gives me an opportunity to provide for my family. UPS also gave me the opportunity to further my college education with the tuition assistant program. Working with UPS allowed me to work well with others as a team. The hardest part of working with UPS is processing the packages on time, when unexpected volume occurs.The most enjoyable part of UPS is the daily exercise i get. Another enjoyable part of UPS is the people.
It was a hard job!
Dispatcher (Former Employee), MaspethMay 26, 2015
UPS in itself isn't a facility for everybody. You have to be mentally and physically strong enough to handle the labor, the harsh words, and the "drama" that comes with it.
Very slow paced and community oriented
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sudbury, MAMay 26, 2015
Pros: It is not a hard job to do
Cons: The customers are fun to work with
I would go in and open the store. Unlock the gates, put printers on, log onto the stores website.
Store opens at 8 and closes at 6. There are 2 employees on at a time. The stores owner comes in for a few hours daily.
We pack and ship or just ship packages for the customers. We do small print jobs and help with scanning documents. The hardest part of the job is the down time. We will have maybe 1-2 customers and hour.Which makes for a slow day.
This jod was fun working
Driver helper (Former Employee), Elmsford, NYMay 26, 2015
Created highly praised and compelling seasonal and promotional displays
Assisted with stock maintenance and periodic inventory counts
Greeted customers and assisted them with transactions and purchases
Maintained visual merchandising for specialty retailer.
I really enjoyed working with ups
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee), Camden, NJMay 26, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Short breaks
I enjoyed working with different people. I really enjoy helping others understanding what they did not understand in the beginning of the job task. I also like translating words in Spanish for those people who may present a difficult understanding.
productive
warehouse associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 26, 2015
Pros: Never work weekends unless I needed overtime.
Cons: Short breaks
A typical day at work would be 4-5 hours of hard hot labor including sorting,loading,unloading, and dumping packages.
I learned safety procedures and how to keep myself hydrated to be able to work hard and safe each day. The co workers are good people mostly friendly. The hardest part of the job was probably unloading the trucks. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to listen to music on your phone and eating.
excelent company to work for
Automotive Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 25, 2015
Pros: great for career
Cons: none
Great management and comfortable work environment. very good benefits package and medical is one of the best around. on a typical day of work it is a steady flow of things to accomplish on a daily bases.
Productive yet very stressful environment
Engineer (Current Employee), OhioMay 25, 2015
Pros: Job Security, Department Co-workers
Cons: work life balance / other department accountability
Work/ Life balance is very difficult in my current position. 24 hour on call and you are expected to be in the building at 8 am even if you have been up since 3 am dealing with a work related issue. I have missed several of my personal or family events due to an emergency work issue. Job security is very strong. I have only noticed employees fired for wrong doing and not performance; management will question those having difficulty at work to determine a solution for improvement. The job culture is very fast pace and often stressful. I enjoy working within our department. Our department can be very supportive in the most difficult situations.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more

UPS Salaries