UPS Employee Reviews

Very stressful environment.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 20, 2017
A typical day at work would be to clock in,go to my assigned work area and load my assigned trucks.I learned that it is a great job if you are looking to make it a career. Management was horrible needs a lot of work they got by with way too much.
Had some promise
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Farmingville, NYOctober 20, 2017
Management was awful. Nobody knew anything. My first 2 paychecks were missing. Luckily during 3rd week my dd started up. Being sent home almost ever other day. Sad tho i liked the crew i was with. Maybe the place i was at was just bad.
Pros
Chill people
Cons
Good benefits but poor job.
Package Handler/Driver (Former Employee) –  Maspeth, NYOctober 20, 2017
A good place to work if you like to stay active and keep moving. Always can count on a workout. But management is poor and forever will be. When peak season comes along just know they will forever look at you as lower then them. Not as a employee trying to make a living but as a underpaid slave.
Hard work but pays off in the long run.
Pick Off (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 20, 2017
UPS is a very good job. The benefits alone make it worth working there. The environment is not air conditioned so you are exposed to weather conditions.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2017
typical day was making sure facilities are clean that the necessary materials were stocked and ready for the day. Making sure all printers fax machines were up and running. Reading emails ensuring they were answered in a timely fashion. learned many things with this job such as addresses shipping packages international vs domestic, also how to pack boxes correctly and ship them.
Ups store
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 19, 2017
The store are franchised and each owner is different. The store I worked for was great as is the owner. Just no room for improvement or benefits offered.
High Paced fair workload
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 19, 2017
Great company, start early work until job/task completed. Employees know what to expect on a daily basis.Leadership begins with you take care of your employees and customers and they will take care of you. Management takes responsibilities seriously. Enjoyed meeting customer understanding needs pulling teams together to identify issues create a plan and execute the plan
good benefits for part time employees
Package Handler/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 19, 2017
you get a fair days work while also getting benefits. the job is physically demanding but not over-whelming. you also get annual raises and are part of the union to help protect your job
only for the tough.
Loader (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILOctober 19, 2017
the job is hard enough in its self, its even harder when supervisors belittle you and curse at you anytime they get angry. There is no communication between management and employees, let alone amongst themselves.
Tough place to work with great coworkers.
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAOctober 19, 2017
This place is very fast pace and very difficult but you will love your coworkers. The benefits are amazing and you get raises every year, you can't beat that.
Mind relief in fast pace job fun people to work with
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 19, 2017
Ups was my first job when I start working there I didn't understand their work. The work was so hard for me that I wanted to leave but I stayed in work
fast and hard
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOOctober 19, 2017
I usually got to work around 530 in the morning to start loading trucks for the drivers. It was good real early but very challenging the closer it came for drivers to come to work. Best part of my job was the loaders I worked with and the drivers who became friends.
Pros
the people
Cons
short work weeks
well enough
Unloader/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 19, 2017
everyone was great there with big smiles and kind words the work is what they say it is hard and demanding if you have never done something of that nature before but good overall just pay isn't enough for a man with a family
has pros and cons
Driver (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKOctober 19, 2017
probably wouldn't be as good as it is without the union. extremely fast paced environment. good benefits, that is one of the best thing about working there, even as a part timer.
Wonderful people, awesome place to work hard
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAOctober 19, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at UPS, and hope to go back when the timing is better for me. I would say overall that this place is the best place I've ever worked. In every aspect someone could want a job to be. 100% recommend this place to anyone who wants to work hard, be a part of something that matters, learn every day on the job, or be part of a family that get's down to business and get's things done. Thank you.
Pros
Amazing managment, and everything else besides ventilation in the warehouse
Cons
You don't really know if your're ready for the job until you start
OK pay, bureaucracy makes everything difficult, plant falling apart.
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 19, 2017
Pay is ok, they can't find people who can pass the Automation Maintenance exam, so a lot of contractors work there, never see managers, building and equipment is just falling apart, my health insurance was not started (despite waiting 4 months), some people work, most just sit around, uniforms took 6 weeks to get, constant problems with uniforms, often dangerous work, wouldn't recommend working there.
Pros
It's a job, probably hard to get fired from.
Cons
schedule is terrible, you may or may not receive health insurance.
Realistic and meaningful career
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAOctober 19, 2017
I said it was competitive but only in a healthy way. It makes a lot of sense to not just work there but stay there.

It is good to have a reliable company at your side and United Parcel Service is that.
Pros
Compliance with work to worker communication
Cons
Performance based, not quality or by the hour.
Good company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 19, 2017
They are a good company. Slots of room for people to grow careers and it's union so that's a plus.benifeits are.one of the best and worker are usually nice
Great Company
Customer Service, Packaging Services, Postal (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 19, 2017
I love what I do at UPS!! Love meeting my customers and putting a smile on their faces. I get the weekends off to be with my daughter. A typical day at UPS can be busy because so many packages come to the company.
*sighs*
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAOctober 19, 2017
UPS is not a safe job to work at. You have people throwing packages and weights into the trailers or out the trailers and people get hit with them. You get a 10 minute break but bot time you sit down its 5min left literally .