UPS Employee Reviews

Found 12,527 reviews matching the search
Fast paced work place but you still work on your on time. Easy to learn and and keeps you active.
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 20, 2017
It is a good job to work at. Weekly pay and you stay active on the job because of so much movement. They have good benefits if you've been there more than a year as well.
Pros
They provide food sometimes. You can eat while you work if you bring your own food.
Cons
The first week you will be drained, but your body will get used to it
productive hard work but fun
Data Entry/Package handler/Preload (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJanuary 20, 2017
This job gives very great benefits but not much security. Even when you are a permanent employee they still only provide you a spot by seniority basis only no matter how much of a good worker or employee you are. Basically your replaceable and you oly work part time.
Pros
free medical and dental union benefits
Cons
expendable hard work
Fast paced job
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJanuary 20, 2017
The ability to help the driver deliver packages door to door. This job was fast paced.. I was always on my feet. Overall I loved the job not only was it good exercise, good benefits and good pay
Pros
Good Work hours
Fun
Drivers Helper (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Hard work and expressing the culture at UPS is thrilling. The work is easy and provides a healthy environment. Each day brought something new. Awesome
Pros
Team work
Cons
Season ends to quickly
learned new things
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, MOJanuary 19, 2017
Work went by fast and things usually went smoothly. The management was alright, not everyone was on the same page.The hardest part was getting all the packages to fit in the places they need to go. I enjoyed the people the most.
Pros
the people and pay
Cons
never know when youre getting a break
Stability
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 19, 2017
This company provided me the means to be able learn different techniques in the sorting of packages. It also enabled me to build on my leadership skills.
Difficult to advance based on merit
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 19, 2017
I took a skilled role that I was getting paid part time for while working on a Masters Degree. I chose to move on because with a Master's degree I was looking for more.
UPS is not a place for human beings
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 19, 2017
People get mistreated there. Management bullies anyone who is not in the UPS union. It is common knowledge there, if you are about to make it to the union, they will fire you beforehand.
Pros
Parking lot for employees
Cons
The hours
Part-time
customer service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 19, 2017
This position required most workers to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions in which these environments made it somewhat difficult and challenging to work effectively.
Pros
Ability to work additional jobs
Cons
Having to work early mornings and weekends
active work. good people, good company
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJanuary 19, 2017
I only worked seasonally, but I got along well with everyone I met there, and it was clear that UPS thinks highly of their employees. It was very demanding physically, but it was never anything unreasonable, and coworkers were happy to be helpful and understanding
Great work environment
Driver helper (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 19, 2017
No complaints about the work environment things got done on time and the driver I was with has been with the company for 32 years and it has inspired me to consider becoming a driver in the future
Ups
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 19, 2017
I like that I had great benefits. Flexible hours and they worked with me with time off when my father was in the hospital all the way up to his passing.
challenging
Supervisor and Training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 19, 2017
a typical day at work was busy

I learned the ins and outs of the delivery industry

Management was challenging

Workplace culture was intense

The hardest part of the job was meeting time constraints

The most enjoyable part of the job was how fast time would go by
Great organization
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Wiscasset, MEJanuary 19, 2017
Hard job with a fast paced work day. In fact, every second is being timed. I have a great deal of respect for the people who do what these people do and I learned a lot from them. Great exposer to a really fast paced work environment
Pros
personel
Cons
long days
seasonal position
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJanuary 19, 2017
I was a part time and on call sales representative. I learned to process in and out going packages. Handled cash register and balanced drawer at the end of the shift. Stocked up inventory supplies and janitorial duties. Greeted customers and answered phone calls. Assisted all customers needs using the fax machine, copy machine, passport picture, and laminating. It was a fast pace store and fun to work at with a great stuff.
Pros
part time on call
Cons
short breaks and no health benefits
Fast paced environment with accessible gym area to work out during down time.
Loader/Unloader/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Maspeth, NYJanuary 19, 2017
A typical workday consists of loading, unloading and/or sorting packages of different weight, shapes and sizes. I've learned to use safe work methods, utilizing my power zone to lift and lower packages. Management are adamant about productivity. The hardest part of the job is lifting bulk objects which are packages that weight 70+ lbs.
Pros
Lunch room, Gym area
Cons
Short break time for part timers
Great Benefits
Data Capture Clerk (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2017
Great place to start an career in IT. I work at the Plesantdale location and have had a great career there. Not to say things are flawless, however with a goal and dedication people suceed
Pros
Great People
Cons
Dirty Enviroment
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2017
UPS was a great place to work at, you get chances to move up and they have great benefits, it's a little hard if you are not careful cause you move a different veriety of boxes, and different weight. Overall is a good first job and also a great place for a career specially if you go into being a driver.
Good place
UPS Driver (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIJanuary 19, 2017
The work is not bad ....I liked driving for them just wish was more room for advancement there....in the area of feeder Drivers and 40 hr work week.....
Pros
Good work
Cons
work hours per week
Great work and friendly environment
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Great company to work for my daily work consisted of delivering packages. Meeting new and exciting people. The driver taught me on safety and learning how to read labels and using the scanner.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Cons
N/A