7,266 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

great place to work
Package handler, driver helper (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIMarch 27, 2015
if you are looking for great pay for the holidays I would say the UPS company long hours but it helps with Christmas its a fast pace some heavy packages but the job is great
As a long time employee
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Taylor, MIMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Better then average hourly pay and benefits
Cons: Long hours daily and lack of family life on weekdays.
I've seen the company go thru many changes in my 28 years. I enjoyed my relationship with my customers, and always tried to take care of their needs, but management expectations have become un-realistic and difficult to keep customer concern's as a priority.
Great environment
Package Handler (Current Employee), Mesquite, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: nothing i can think of
I love the work done at this organization. It recognized my work ethic and made me grateful to be apart of there growing organization.
A hard-working and fast paced work enviornment.
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Work out, provided water, fruit, and alot of benefits. Rewarded those who worked hard.
Cons: 10 minute break and they're coffee sucked.
A real hectic environment. Weeds the weak people out. Complainers and such of that sort. Great team job. Anyone with a strong motivated mindset could do it.
Rapid pace warehouse environment with possibilities for advancement
Front Line Hub Supervisor (Current Employee), Louisville KYMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Food provided during long sorts or meetings, strong sense of teamwork between employees, affordable benefits
Cons: Extremely long shifts in excess of 14 hours during peak months.
A typical day consists of managing a nightly package transport operation with an average of 11 unionized employees. While the basis of the operation is consistent, management is often challenged by outside circumstances (weather, staffing, operational malfunctions) to quickly and accurately send all packages to the correct destinations.

Very good source of experience for those who are new to management. The employees can be challenging, and the environment can get tense in high stress situations.

Upper management is mostly supportive of lower management goals and obstacles.

Your co-workers are the most enjoyable aspect of the job. The warehouse setting allows for a more relaxed attitude, and all co-workers become your friends and teammates.

The most difficult part of this job is an excess of nightly paperwork and maintaining employee certification compliance. The union employees experience a rapid turnover rate and it can become difficult to manage all training and certification compliance regulations.

The most enjoyable part of the job is mastering a particularly difficult area. Lining out an area of operation that has been struggling on a nightly basis is very rewarding.
UPS Freight
Logistic and Dispatcher Supervisor (Former Employee), Richfield, OHMarch 26, 2015
Not a good work life balance, enough said. This is not a good place to work if you have a family or outside interest. You never have a set schedule.
Great work environment.
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee), Durham, NCMarch 26, 2015
Your just a number. So dont keep all your eggs in one basket! i worked for 2 years for this company never missed a day and was laid off.
Constent steady paste, friendlty co-workers, and great benefits.
Package Handler (Former Employee), Hodgkins, IllinoisMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great college benefits
Cons: One 10 minute break a day.
A typical day at work would be only 4 hours. Co-workers/management were always willing to help.
What I learned at this job was patience and how to communicate better with people on a day to day bases.
Very good and positive environment.
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTMarch 25, 2015
I liked my co-worker very much and felt that we had a good connection and that is why we got our work done every night during the holidays.I also feel that it was a particular easy fun job.
UPS
Loader/Un-loader and Package Handler (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAMarch 25, 2015
• Handled the processing of all packages being exported from the facility.
• Maintained that all packages were being loaded properly and safely to their proper destinations
• The position involved continual lifting, lowering, and sliding packages that weighted 25 - 70 pounds.
• Ensured that the cargo was equally distributed and safety procedures were always observed and practiced
8 hours in 4.5
Driver Helper / Package Handler (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: You are working for medical, dental if your in the 90% package handler twilight shift
Cons: Fast paced, and heavy lifting. not to mention EVERYBODY has a hangover and I didn't, well not everyday, dang.
Fast-Paced Work environment with lots of things to learn for any new employee.

This was the job that I accepted. It was the worst experience in my career adventures. Cool place to work and burn as long as you can keep up your PPH. Its fool* of managers who are cracking the whip at these people loading these international trailers. Co-workers can be described as being in high school all over again (jocks,punks,nerds,hard actors,studious type,and teachers pets, which they will call "doggie's"), gotta learn there lingo XD
d.jg/aliehglia ri fLIH FLIs hG'IOSGH;WHAG
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), North Platte, NEMarch 25, 2015
R GJAIPRJGPIASJ lsehg;OJG w H r W GrhgHIJSRG IAfihgish lisrh s tiwht srejt WALIR HGLisrh GSA TJ WKLRT JGishG;whgiWR TWe iegthI wleh4g is Gs isu SHTwi hgiahsw gis ye t tupoehy IEYAO;IWR OEH TLIE HTL;IWH GI
UPS has job security, great benefits and very challenging.
Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee), Trenton NJ 08619March 25, 2015
Pros: The benefits, tuition reimbursement and vacation time.
Cons: The advancement for promotion is very challenging.
I am currently a part time supervisor at UPS and have been working for this company for 19+ years. UPS helped pay for my college tuition, I have excellent benefits and I have 4 weeks of paid vacation as a part time employee. It's a very challenging company and you work very hard for your money.
Great place to learn and grow.
Supervisor Training and Operations-management (Former Employee), Horsham, PAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Tuition reimbursement
I started as a loader and within a month I was promoted to supervisor.I learned about how a successful business is managed. There was a tradition that I was part of and I gained much satisfaction from this. I was a part of the management team and learned first hand from some amazing people about leadership.Being part of a team allowed me to feel a sense of pride.The most difficult challenge was the heat and humidity during the summer months.I really enjoyed the people I worked with because they made a difficult day fun.
Packed trailers
Freight Package Handler (Former Employee), Stroudsburg, PAMarch 25, 2015
I had to work in the warehouse and load boxes off the conveyor belt into the back of trailers. Not to bad only part time though.
Great seasonal job for someone without a college degree
Seasonal Package Driver (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, MAMarch 25, 2015
Days start off relatively early, around 7:00. Once you get there you start by going through a safety meeting and reviewing some pretty obvious safety tips. Then you would be reciving your DIAD and getting in your truck. If youre late, you will probably upset some of the drivers that are next to you since they cant get out of the building untill you do, meaning there day is gonna be longer. Once your in your truck you gotta start planning out your day (what route you wanna take first). You also are going to want to start organizing the back of your truck so you can find your packages easier. If you dont, youre going to fall way behind and get very stressed out. You are also going to have to keep going in the back of your truck to pick up all the packages that have dropped to the floor and put them in the right order again on the shelves. That happens all of the time. Other than that its simply driving from street to street and scanning and dropping packages off in a spot where they wont get dammaged. You are always going to be by your self, unless its around christmass time. Thats when things get insanely crazy, however they will probably hook you up with a package helper, who would run the packages off while you sort in the back. I love the job at peak when someones with me, otherwise you can get kind of lonely and stressed; being that there is no radio in your truck. The management there can be quite harsh on you as well. They will call you in the middle of your route to check up on you and see how many stops youve done. If you havnt done the amount of stops THEY would like you to have done by that time your probably going to have a talking to which will slow you down even more. Overall its a pretty decent job, the pay is good but then again its only seasonal work and the chances of you getting in there full time are kind of slim
Very good work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 25, 2015
I absolutely loved working for UPS, they make you feel like family! A typical day for me was answering any/all customer concerns and questions in a timely manner. I learned how to use my time wisely, there really is no time to stop an take personal time because it is a fast paced environment. My co-workers were a huge part of my day as well because if I needed help they were right there, to my rescue! I enjoyed my WHOLE experience at UPS.
Great Organization
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 25, 2015
UPS is a fantastic company, but there were times when the required hours far exceeded the norm, causing burnout and potential health and safety issues.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Hebron, KYMarch 24, 2015
After my 8 months in 2011 the company wasnt stable, it closed the warehouse i was working in laying off hundreds of workers.
Enjoyable, but serious work.
Driver Helper/Package Handler (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: full part-time benefits
Cons: Short hours
Typical you arrive, work and then go home. Social interaction is limited as everyone is busy doing their own thing. Management
is quick to delegate and are rather helpful. Finishing a work day
is a rewarding experience. The nature of your duties keeps you
active from a fitness perspective.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more

UPS Salaries