UPS Employee Reviews

Found 13,011 reviews matching the search
This company will hire you as a permanent employee around the Christmas holiday and then after the high peek season is done then they will let you go
Package Handler (Night Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJanuary 30, 2017
Many of the supervisors will lie in order to keep their jobs. Management will mess up your work hours and money and will take a long time to fix it. They take union dues out of your pay check each week before you are officially a union member.
Pros
Free bus transportation to and from work Indiana
Cons
Work is really hard and unpredicatable work hours
There's not much to say
Human Resources Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 31, 2017
Morale is low, departments keep closing. Everything is on a "need to know" basis. You can get 5 different answers from 5 different people. Very strict on time management. 5 minutes to use the restroom, if you use more (off your breaks) you get an infraction. If you come back late from your break, you get an infraction. If you're late to work, infraction, if you have to leave early, infraction. Infractions are one of the few things you can be fired for.
Pros
You get the honor of saying you work for UPS
Cons
just about everything else.
friendly work environment
Seasonal Drivers Helper (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 1, 2017
people waited until they were assigned a driver to help we would leave usually at 9a.m only Mondays we left earlier. Learned how to use the machine to scan, sign, and release packages. The managers were very organized and handled their work professionally. The workplace was a friendly environment which was very comfortable to work in. The hardest part of the job was to work in terrible weather conditions and move fast. The most enjoyable part was finishing the job and if we worked long hours get some overtime for more pay.
learned a life lesson with safe driving.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2017
Every day was a struggle with time management, knowing how long a drive could be or the trials and errors of learning priorities was the first lesson learned while working with this company. The amount and pay that was given was defiantly a drive to deliver your best every day. The only down side of being a seasonal driver was even a weeks after training, we had to wait to be used for a month and a half. I wished they would have used us immediately after training, so we seasonal drivers could increase the amount of time worked.
Pros
Exciting, pays great, hours were long
Cons
worked only a month ans half
Business Systems Analyst
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2017
Development of Cost Models for UPS Global Forwarding, Logistics, Supply Chain Solutions, and WorldCAM business units, Activity Based Costing methodology. Oracle QBE process and deploy to .NET Framework Application. Use SQL to aggregate and analyze extremely large data sets in Oracle/SQL Server and external analysis tools perform auditing results to confirm accuracy of reported data.Run ad hoc queries based on upper management requests.Investigate different managerial requests and issues associated with the Business applications.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Commute
Very fast paced and balanced job to work at.
Pre-Loader (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZFebruary 18, 2017
I would come in and start the morning by preloading UPS courier trucks, sometimes I would be in the semi from Phoenix, or the conveyer belt. I learned how the UPS system works, how to identify certain boxes for certain trucks, and what to do at the Sierra Vista airport to pick up packages. Environment was always vigorous but in a positive way to get the work done, the hardest part I would have to say was trying to fight the cold while you are on the semi sweating profusely, the most enjoyable was the workout.
Pros
Learning the system.
Cons
Hours sometimes was not enough.
Productive with great cafeteria food
Package Handler (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 6, 2017
It was a fast paced job with cool employees for the most part. How learned barcode scanning and how to sort boxes faster. The warehouse was very organized with it's sections. The hardest part about the job was my worl schedule. I lived nearly 2 hours away from the warehouse and I had to be there by 3 am. The most enjoyable part about the job was that the cafeteria there served delicious food some people there was fun to work with.
Pros
Food, Pay and Coworkers
Cons
scheduling and rushes
My experince at UPS
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAFebruary 8, 2017
I started out at UPS as Package handler in 2011 to 2013 have to say its very hard work and little pay but the benefits are excellent.The hours range to 3am-8:30am and during the holidays you can ask to be a Driver's helper, which can be a positive experience depending on your driver. As for the work envirement at times your pressured to work fast like a robot and at times you get slammed with packags which you will be forced to set asid eso you can catch the rest coming off the conveyor belt. I recomend this job if you happen to go to school they will pay for classes.
Pros
Benefits, good people
Cons
Short breaks, micro managed and weird hours
Detail to staff and work environment
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 16, 2017
I was only a seasonal worker so my overall experience there wouldn't be as detailed as the average worker, but overall the experience was okay and one to learn from in my search for a future career that could hopefully lead to a leading position in management. What I mean by it being a learning experience for a future career in management is that it gave me an outlook on how I should view the work that is being performed and how the needs of my employees should be met in accord with that as far as managing their break time as well as scheduling so that they are physically and mentally motivated in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
Good Experience
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 18, 2017
I enjoyed working for UPS, typical day was intense levels of unloading or loading. I learned how to move and work efficiently as a team member quickly to reach our team goals which were processing 35%-50% of the volume (usually 70k-85k per night) by 1:30am. Management was stern but diligent and well-respected. Working among UPS staff we became family. The job wasn't tough really, but working two jobs because entry-level pay sucks (excuse my language) it became strenuous on my body. Being around the intense environment was enjoyable.
Pros
Free Lunch & Peak season hours
Cons
Low pay
Good First Time Job
Middle Market Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 22, 2017
The SA inside sales position has shifted more toward new college graduates. The environment is very rule driven (no eating at your desk, no cellphones, only spill-proof cups, etc) and management focuses on any wrong doings before successes. However, it's a good place to get training for various outside sales position mostly located in other states. They don't want employees to spend much time in the building and the pay isn't very good.
Headache and backaches
Unloader/package handler (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJFebruary 13, 2017
As working for ups,I'm pretty sure location matters. Very rude and unorganized staff high and low. Unloading trucks for 5hrs. Or more w/only a ten minute break, and when they mess up your hours they never want to pay you,it's like getting blood from a cactus,no doing! My experience with this company@this location is brutal and a constant reminder of what scams artists look like an are capable of. I wouldn't suggest this job unless your hiding from perfection.#FACTS
Pros
Its part time
Cons
Just about everything
Working Environment
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILFebruary 15, 2017
The working in environment was fast past people who worked there were not friendly. They see each new comer as a threat as many of the veteran employees gives the employees a hard time. I was assigned to be a loader where I had to stack and scan the package in the trailers. This job had a lot of physical labor involves sometime the job an be stressful too. This experienced happens to be one of my worst job I ever had as the environment was completely unorganized where people be blaming to each other.
Pros
Get paid to exerciser.
Cons
The workers where unfriendly and it was unionization environment.
Fun working environment where we work as a team to assist customers with their shopping needs.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 3, 2017
I have worked at UPS for three years now it's one of the best jobs I've ever had. Everyone is extremely friendly, nice, and eager to get to work. When you walk through the door you are usually greeted by an associate with a warm smile and excellent assistance. We pack, ship, fax, print, and even put together freight packages. If it wasn't for the location I wouldn't be looking for a new job. However I am eager to bring my skills to my next employer and provide the same great experience.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Short breaks
It's great for Full-time but not for Part-time
Preloader (Current Employee) –  Arbutus, MDFebruary 2, 2017
The job was ok at the begin until they start asking you to move fast. I really didn't know what I was doing the first and nobody told me how to the job until a co-worker told me how. The 11 an hour sounds like a good deal if you get more than 20 hours a week but you might get that or less depending on the work load that is set for that day.
Pros
Paid every week, short work hours
Cons
Not enough hours, can damage body if not careful, sometimes not enough hours for the week
Fun job, good pay/full benefits
Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 24, 2017
The work wasn't hard, just delivering packages, and I found it fun, although the management is unorganized and frustrating to work with. The people who lived in the area I worked were usually very nice, and gave my driver and me gifts on an almost daily basis (it was around christmas, but people knew my driver by name and treated him well). The weather is pretty easy to deal with as long as you dress in layers, and the lifting gets easier as you go.
Pros
Good hours and pay, fun and interesting experience
Cons
management, sometimes unsettling strangers
Excellent work place
Part time Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 17, 2017
I would say that UPS is an excellent employer and they promote within, so you have very good chances in advancing your knowledge in your career. There are so many opportunities and they want you to succeed inside of UPS and outside of UPS. But to me, the job isn't worth it if you're not in school because everyone starts off with the same pay wether you're in school or not. The wages could increase some, but still overall the company is fantastic and it's great to know that the company has your back and wants you to succeed.
It was my first online application ever!
Customer Clerk Counter (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 16, 2017
I got hired right away. They also reimbursed me for my time, travel, hotel stay and meals, and work training!! Wonderful things to learn, not just about the company, things I could apply to my life and children. I drove truck for the peak season and am now working the clerk counter. Im happy with any position within UPS. And I'm completely happy with the location/center that I am employed at. Everyone takes pride in their job ajd responsibilities within our UPS family.
Pros
Hours, pay, people, clients
Cons
It's honest, hard work
Fast paced environment with accessible gym area to work out during down time.
Loader/Unloader/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Maspeth, NYJanuary 19, 2017
A typical workday consists of loading, unloading and/or sorting packages of different weight, shapes and sizes. I've learned to use safe work methods, utilizing my power zone to lift and lower packages. Management are adamant about productivity. The hardest part of the job is lifting bulk objects which are packages that weight 70+ lbs.
Pros
Lunch room, Gym area
Cons
Short break time for part timers
seasonal position
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJanuary 19, 2017
I was a part time and on call sales representative. I learned to process in and out going packages. Handled cash register and balanced drawer at the end of the shift. Stocked up inventory supplies and janitorial duties. Greeted customers and answered phone calls. Assisted all customers needs using the fax machine, copy machine, passport picture, and laminating. It was a fast pace store and fun to work at with a great stuff.
Pros
part time on call
Cons
short breaks and no health benefits

CEO Approval