UPS Employee Reviews

Mind relief in fast pace job fun people to work with
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 19, 2017
Ups was my first job when I start working there I didn't understand their work. The work was so hard for me that I wanted to leave but I stayed in work
fast and hard
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOOctober 19, 2017
I usually got to work around 530 in the morning to start loading trucks for the drivers. It was good real early but very challenging the closer it came for drivers to come to work. Best part of my job was the loaders I worked with and the drivers who became friends.
Pros
the people
Cons
short work weeks
well enough
Unloader/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 19, 2017
everyone was great there with big smiles and kind words the work is what they say it is hard and demanding if you have never done something of that nature before but good overall just pay isn't enough for a man with a family
has pros and cons
Driver (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKOctober 19, 2017
probably wouldn't be as good as it is without the union. extremely fast paced environment. good benefits, that is one of the best thing about working there, even as a part timer.
Wonderful people, awesome place to work hard
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAOctober 19, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at UPS, and hope to go back when the timing is better for me. I would say overall that this place is the best place I've ever worked. In every aspect someone could want a job to be. 100% recommend this place to anyone who wants to work hard, be a part of something that matters, learn every day on the job, or be part of a family that get's down to business and get's things done. Thank you.
Pros
Amazing managment, and everything else besides ventilation in the warehouse
Cons
You don't really know if your're ready for the job until you start
OK pay, bureaucracy makes everything difficult, plant falling apart.
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 19, 2017
Pay is ok, they can't find people who can pass the Automation Maintenance exam, so a lot of contractors work there, never see managers, building and equipment is just falling apart, my health insurance was not started (despite waiting 4 months), some people work, most just sit around, uniforms took 6 weeks to get, constant problems with uniforms, often dangerous work, wouldn't recommend working there.
Pros
It's a job, probably hard to get fired from.
Cons
schedule is terrible, you may or may not receive health insurance.
Realistic and meaningful career
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAOctober 19, 2017
I said it was competitive but only in a healthy way. It makes a lot of sense to not just work there but stay there.

It is good to have a reliable company at your side and United Parcel Service is that.
Pros
Compliance with work to worker communication
Cons
Performance based, not quality or by the hour.
Good company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 19, 2017
They are a good company. Slots of room for people to grow careers and it's union so that's a plus.benifeits are.one of the best and worker are usually nice
Great Company
Customer Service, Packaging Services, Postal (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 19, 2017
I love what I do at UPS!! Love meeting my customers and putting a smile on their faces. I get the weekends off to be with my daughter. A typical day at UPS can be busy because so many packages come to the company.
*sighs*
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAOctober 19, 2017
UPS is not a safe job to work at. You have people throwing packages and weights into the trailers or out the trailers and people get hit with them. You get a 10 minute break but bot time you sit down its 5min left literally .
Productive work place
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILOctober 19, 2017
Drink water and rest well most at your own pace some boxes are heavy make sure you get help bend your knees when picking up a package wear comfortable shoes
Good pay and benefits
Warehouse 2 Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 19, 2017
The pay and benefits are great. It is a very fast paced environment and can be hard to balance your life. This was working full time at UPS Supply chain solutions. When you are a hard worker, you get taken advantage of and they push you work harder. It gets frustrating because they let the lazy workers get away with being lazy and push the hard workers.
Busy, Loud
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 19, 2017
easy to access the building with work ID
hardest part of the job would be lifting
the enjoyable part is that your basically in your own zone
work overtime
good hours
Pros
work overtime
Cons
15 min break
Fast paced industry and complex network
Program Management Specialist, Customer Facing (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 18, 2017
UPS is not for everyone. It’s a demanding industry thus market leaders, but as any other large corporation they try to achieve more with less resources.
Benefits
Cons
Slowdown on career advancement
Fun and flexible
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILOctober 18, 2017
Various shifts to choose from, hours vary...laid back environment, casual atmosphere, and great benefits. Holidays are basically mandotory,excluding mailing holidays.
Productive atmosphere
UPS DRIVER HELPER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2017
I learned extensive customer service skills, management was respectful, the workplace culture is reasonable and within standards, hardest part of the job was working during difficult weather in exterior atmosphere.
Pros
Able to work extra hours
Cons
short breaks
Great work environment & Great workout & Opportunity to grow within
Skilled Package Handler/Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93728October 18, 2017
Typical day at work with UPS would consist of clocking in around 4:00am. Go over any packages the driver may have left behind or wasn't able to deliver the day before. From there its a 2 hour nonstop shift of taking packages off the conveyor belt, reading the (HIN) or placement sticker, double check HIN by writing the placement sequence & truck number onto box before placing it in the correct area inside package truck.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 18, 2017
A typical day was making calls to collect of COD's. Many people were not honest and did what they could to get out of paying their bills. Management was good, culture was great. Hardest part was dealing with disgruntle customers. Most enjoyable was learning new things.
Good starting work for younger crowd
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 18, 2017
If hired someone for certain amount of hours please give then the hours over all is a good place for younger crowd to establish the work experience not for a family!
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Not enough work
not bad
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2017
its a fairly good place to work the four hours a day i didnt like to much.Scanning and loading trucks is my type of work if you like to keep constantly moving go with u.p.s