UPS
7,010 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

Fast pace and fun place to work
Package Handler (Current Employee), Laurel, MDFebruary 23, 2015
Fast pace and fun place to work. meet different people of all works of life. Always on the move, very active environment.
Good and steady place to work.
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee), Wadsworth, OHFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good starting pay, weekly pay, great co-workers and management, get payed to work out essentially.
Cons: 10 minute break even during long shifts during peak, understaffing can lead to a lot of stress, benefits don't start immediatly, few hours during the rest of the year.
Work usually has various positions, unloading the incoming trailers, sorting the packages coming down the line and loading the delivery vans. I started during peak season as seasonal but have been kept on as a full time part time employee. During peak I was getting 35+ hours a week with weekly pay which was sweet but it was hard work and still is most of the time. Haven't gotten any benefits yet but have only been on for about three months waiting to see what will come of that. Co-workers and management are all for the most part really cool and helpful. The job is very physically intensive and isn't for someone out of shape, but one month into it I was way stronger than when I started. It's overall a great way to break into the warehouse field and good second job to have.
Productive and Fast Paced
Package Handler (Current Employee), Laurel, MDFebruary 22, 2015
A typical day consists of the following tasks:
Load and unload packages quickly and efficiently
Load packages on conveyor belts and delivery trucks
Move and store materials and products
Pack and seal products and materials
Safely handle fragile, dangerous, and/or hazardous products
cool
Package Handler/ Preloader (Former Employee), Laguna Hills, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours, advancement, management
it wasn't bad, it was only season work so I only got to experience peak season. hard fast paced work. it wasn't to bad working there. I would happily go back but I believe once you have worked there once there you cant go back. management was ok, co-workers were awesome. hardest part of the job was was the hours and the fast paced heavy lifting. most enjoyable part was the people
Account Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Responsibilities include calling on current business accounts that ship with UPS. As an inside sales representative, positioning services and products of UPS is key when discussing business supply chain with customers. The hardest part of the job is it involves growing the patch of land and improving from the previous years numbers.
GOOD JOB
Feeder Dispatch Administrator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 22, 2015
I ENJOYED MY TIME AT UPS. I OPENED TRAILERS AND DISPATCHED TRAILERS IN AND OUT OF OUR PROPERTY. I WOULD HAVE TO WORK IN ANY WEATHER SITUATION IN ORDER TO CHECK OUR PROPERTY FOR MISSED PACKAGES.
Retired
Truck Driver Trainer/Instructor - CDL (Former Employee), 6633 West 75th Street Bedford Park, IL 60638February 22, 2015
Pros: great teaching and the employees seemed to like it.
Cons: not the support i thought and was told i would get.
I drove for UPS for over Eleven years. The requirements were clear. I delivered freight to various locations in and around Chicagoland area.
My average productivity was one of the highest. I practiced defensive driving and still was able to do my work taking the proper breaks and lunch. Since I was good at what I did. I was asked to be a trainer.
I like teaching and found it came easy to me and influenced other employees to defensive drive. I trained over 120 employees on an annual basis. When the company found I was good at that, they asked that I teach: CDL-A to the dock people, dock and yard safety, forklift safety, and do road tests for candidates of employment..Also helped employees with passing the Endorsement tests, such as: Hazardous Materials, Triples/Doubles, and Tankers.
Fast Paced Work, Heavy Lifting
Preloader/Driver Helper (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: health benefits, set work schedule
Cons: 1 ten minute break even on longer shifts
I went into work at about 5am everyday. I was responsible for making sure boxes went into the correct car and onto the correct shelf. Being able to lift at least 70lbs was required
Comforting and unity more of a family.
Loader/Packer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches and hospitality
Cons: short breaks and low hours
A typical day at work is I clock in and start work immediately. I learned how to load trucks and trailers as well as health tips. My management was alright In had no problems out of them. I personally knew my co-workers so that wasn't a problem. The hardest part of the job was loading the long trailers with almost 200 boxes. The most enjoyable day was break because loading all those boxes can be stressful.
Overall for myself I enjoyed working at UPS because of the varied jobs.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: part time
Cons: early start time
UPS was a great place to work as everyone was friendly and working was easy. The Managers were always busy which left me to do my job without much supervision however, if I did need help they would take time to help me. A typical day started at 5 a.m. clock in on the computer as well as clock out on computer. Generate reports for supervisor; tracking packages from incoming calls from customers; locating packages to place them on the correct delivery truck; as well as taking any package back to the Address Correction clerk to change the address then placing on correct delivery package car. Making outbound calls to alert businesses that a pack would be delivered to them that day. Hardest part was taking complaints from any customer who had a problem with a package driver.
Hard work with great benefits
Package Handler (Former Employee), Hodgkins, ILFebruary 22, 2015
The job is hard if you have no upper body strength. Requires a lot of moving and bending. You only get short breaks (10 minutes) if you part-time because you work less than five hours a day. The people you work with are super nice and make the day go by easier. A lot is expected of you though. But you are trained well. Plus, you get paid weekly, weekends and holidays off, and you have a set schedule always. And they pay for your college education.
Good working environment, but lacks employee heath and safety.
Package Handler (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 21, 2015
The working environment was great and everyone I worked with were amazing. The management was decent, but my only problem with UPS was that they lacked in employee heath and safety.
Company has activities to build morale, i.e, food brought in for workers.
Material Handler (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Laurel, MDFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: only hires part-time employees
Enjoy being busy for start to finish. Hardest part of job is becoming a full-time employee. The benefits are great and awards are given for warehouse safety.
Hard work with Good Benefits
Driver (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 21, 2015
The is a good paying job with benefits but you will sacrifice your home life with the hours that you work. A standard 10 hour + day that teaches you to keep pushing through to get the job done.
Last Minute on critical decisions and deadlines
Purchase Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: free parking
Cons: not being kept in loop. not setting exception from personal / projects as well
Last minute always. Every project was pressing in time as that is the nature of the business. They're never were priority on what need to be completed...which was the most pressing. Everything was always handed last minute. Never could schedule time away or off, as they would always ask for you to work through your scheduled vacation.
bad job
Seasonal Help (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: only seasonal
Cons: pay, hours
bad management, it was only seasonal work but could have be more organized. Called in at any time or any day nothing was set. Pay was awful.
nice place to work
Unloader and Sorter (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2015
hard work
nice down to earth people
short break
great place to work
nice benefits
puts safety first
must adjust to the weather
Fun place to work
Driver Helper for UPS (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: got to meet new people
Cons: short breaks
Really good Management
Friendly Co-workers
A bit of a stressful atmosphere, but people will work with you.
Many areas to work in
Great Environment
Package Handler (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 20, 2015
The Environment at UPS is unlike any other company I have worked for. They teach you the necessary skill needed in the workplace very quickly and effectively.
GOOD PLACE TO START
Package Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Maspeth, NYFebruary 20, 2015
working for this company is a hit and miss. You have 30 stops per day and it can be a good thing or bad thing. I love working physical jobs but when you have a helper that doesn't feel the same way it can be rough.

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more