UPS Employee Reviews

Found 15,217 reviews matching the search
work place
Loading/Unloading (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 26, 2017
the job was ok in the being but you work like a slave for 10.15 and u only work 4 days a week and 5 hours a day for a 130 check and healthcare starts.
Pros
free cups
Cons
no breaks
Hardcore work place
Driver / Loader (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 26, 2017
Nonstop work days, management are cut throat, customer service is more important than worker safety. Very hard to get promoted, company does not help employee become a better worker
Benefits
Cons
Strenuous work
Organized
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 26, 2017
UPS is very organized in training their employees and managing the packages coming into the plant and going our of the plant. The trucks, conveyor belts, loaders, unloaders are efficient in keeping the packages moving for timely arrivals to the client.
Great job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 26, 2017
Job is easy. All you do is drive deliver and scan. As long as your management team doesn't decide to ruin your life, it's fun. The hardest part of the job is when it's freezing cold and everyday traffic. But the FREEDOM OF THE AIR, ROAD AND weather makes it great
Pros
No boss on your back all day
Cons
Management holds grudges and harasses employees
Interesting
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 25, 2017
This place was a joke to work for. People come and go on a daily basis. The training they have in place sucks and they favor just a few employees. Not a great place to work. When you become a regular employee after being a temp your pay decrease.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 25, 2017
Package Handlers play a crucial role in the success of UPS, whether they're sorting packages, loading trucks or unloading trucks. No matter your role, you'll work closely with your team to ensure all the work behind the scenes is done safely and successfully. As a result, you're ensuring customers receive their packages on time, directly impacting the bottom line on a global scale.
Great place for a start
Management Supervisor & Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMay 25, 2017
Managing staff at the small sort department by helping my Full time Supervisor get the job done . I learned some other techniques of man management which helps me in the future when in management.
Pros
Learning the basics of management
good job but opportunity to advance is not time friendly
Porter (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 25, 2017
it was just a job to get by but it was easy to get in to a routine because it was the same duties every day. a little bit of hard work but not over powering
Great work place, fun, and fast paced
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILMay 25, 2017
Although my experience at ups was really great, I was very upset that they did not pay me for the full hours I worked but instead, they paid me half of what I worked for, only because I was working more hours than I should have and that meant the drivers could lose their jobs.
Pros
Fun, went by fast
Cons
Short lunch
Management showed trust in skills
Data entry and enter time sheets (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CaliforniaMay 25, 2017
Provided training that improved the skills I already had. Provided direction in order to accomplish assigned task. Everyone that was met was helpful and shared a positive attitude.
Pros
Work culture was positive
Cons
N/a
fun fast pace
Oakland - Warehouse clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 25, 2017
working for ups was fun fast pace environment the hardest part was when the oakland hub closed down for repairs and had to go to a different hub where staff was not all that friendly
Great Benefits and excellent Job security
Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2017
Your job is permanent but u have to work on their schedule. College outside of the city of the job won't be accepted although u do not have to worry about getting fired or hour cuts unless u slack off. excellent benefits for part time and full time
Fast paced Job But Really no hrs
Sorter/Loader (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2017
UPS was basically a seasonal job because I was still in school at the time. The benefits were ok its jus the hours I felt was long enough. Never really had a job where I work just 4 hours. That was different for me the supervisors at the time was young jus like me so it wasn't really any discipline or authority or what not. It was nothing really that I can say that was enjoyable about this job, just my opinion.
Pros
fast paces, production alot of it
Cons
short breaks, no hours, unorganized
Easy day's work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 25, 2017
A typical day is coming in and taking in drop off return packages for Amazon.com, or shipping packages for customers across the country and sometimes out of the country. If the customer did not provide a box for shipment, i would measure ad weigh the product and find the proper box. When the trucks would come in the evening to pick up everything I would help load the boxes on the truck. When the mail came in the afternoon, I would sort and notify the mailbox holders that they had mail.
The hardest part of the job is finding the correct addresses when the customers did not provide one, but knew only the city it was going to. Management was helpful while training me, but linger while I am helping customers, and sometime took over my sales.
Productive and fast paced
Seasonal Help (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 25, 2017
A typical work day was filled with intense speed and steady work. There were really no hard parts, other than the occasional 100lbs box. I enjoyed the job because I felt apart of a family.
Pros
Free snacks, good workout
productive work place
Warehouse/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 25, 2017
Hard work,pay should be a little more, Union is good and so are benefits. Hard work can pay off. Not east but ot for the lazy also. ok shifts. Ok team
Not bad
Part-Time Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 25, 2017
Direct management was awesome, but the ability to advance is a VERY long process i.e. years. The benefits are spectacular but due to the nature of job it can get highly repetitive very quickly. All in all, I can't say it was a bad place to work for, the pay was good, benefits very good but I was hired on part-time and really the only way to move to full-time would have required me to move very far away and there was no real hope for a position opening up locally soon.
Pros
Pay and Benefits as well as a good direct management
Cons
Advancement is very tough to come by.
Hard working
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 25, 2017
This is not an easy job but as time goes on you get use to it. I like the fact you get great benifits and the they show there appreciation. Ups is a great company to work for.
Fast paced job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 25, 2017
Greeted customers and helped with packaging and shipping needs. Filed UPS claims, technical support with computer related issues. Ran printers, Stocked shelves.
meeting new people
Customer Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Belton, TX 76513May 25, 2017
Just how bad or how good your driving really is. The management has it faults. The workplace it like any other, if you let it take you it will. There is not anything hard about the job great job. The most enjoying thing about the job is that you get to meet new people everyday.
Pros
there are GREAT benefits
Cons
you have to work in all types of weather