UPS Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,122 reviews matching the search
Productive & fast pased
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 19, 2016
I loved working for Ups. The fast pased work load & team work with my driver was enjoyable. Ups is a great place to work if you like being on the move or working as a team. I learned a lot from this job and got to interact with tons of customers doing deliveries.
applied for a job
just a person that apllied for a job (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAJuly 18, 2016
I applied for a job and thought I did great. I was told that they would call me anyway if I got the job or not. The website still shows that the job is open but after many calls I finally heard it was filled and I was not selected, Still never heard anything, Unprofessional for not getting back after an interview.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional for not getting back after an interview.
Good for first job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INJuly 18, 2016
Not guaranteed 40 hours, sent home often due to no work
Pay is below average, for comparible work
Not a team atmosphere, no help when needed
Working hours 5AM - 4PM
Good management team
Pros
benefits of discounts
Cons
work enviroment
Always active
Package Handler/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2016
Typical day making sure we have the correct staffing (When/If) I'm on supervisor duty. Otherwise I'm processing packages to the correct location, making sure that they arrive at the designated area. I've learned how to work in a fast pace in changing environments ranging from extremely hot to extremely cold. Enjoyable part of the job would have to be at the end of the day, but it is enjoyable most days and never a dull moment.
Benefits
Cons
Hours
UPS package handler preload
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 18, 2016
99% of the packages weigh under 10 pounds and are very easy to lift. However the volume at which you must sort these packages into trucks in a very limited amount of time is preposterous. I think maybe 50 years ago it was at a human level but now you have to be at least 3 people or 1 robot. If they want robots they should just install them. If you plan on working for them never ever work preload its impossible to do the assigned job without help. There are no breaks at any point. However everyone who works directly next to you and supervisors are very nice they get their orders to work humans to death from upper management. Might be because a certain CEO wants more numbers right before he retires to look good not sure.
Great work environment, awesome clientele
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJuly 18, 2016
Starbucks was a great company to work for, there was room to move up the corporate ladder and plenty of opportunities to do so.
I worked for UPS a long time ago
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 18, 2016
This was a good job for a teenager and I enjoyed helping our team succeed at getting packages to customers on time. Working in the irregular department was challenging because of the heavy lifting involved. I liked our team and would recommend working if you can handle the pace of always moving.
Pros
They help with school.
Cons
No forty hour guarantee.
productive and fun work place
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 18, 2016
I'm a biochemist, I currently work for UPS and Stratosphere Quality.

I'm a team lead at Stratosphere Quality

Stratosphere Quality is the largest global provider of quality

assurance and outsourcing solutions to manufacturers of parts and

components in the automotive, medical device, and large equipment

industry.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Looking to relocate to California
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 18, 2016
I am a boichemist I currently work at UPS and Stratosphere Quality

I'm a team lead at Stratosphere Quality

Stratosphere Quality is the largest global provider of quality

assurance and outsourcing solutions to manufacturers of parts and

components in the automotive, medical device, and large equipment

industry.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Good job
Package Handler/Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 18, 2016
Everything excellent. a typical day at work is get in and get out. Management was excellent and communicated very well. I enjoyed working for UPS.
Fun an easy to make funds
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2016
Clock in stretch up go over review guidelines safety building tips able to play music work pace is fun with music
productive
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJuly 17, 2016
clock in at 2 am most days and meet with our scanner at the unloading door. Then I start to unload the trailer and put the boxes
on the conveyer belt.
Pros
cook for us on fridays
Cons
15 breaks
Very Productive
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2016
This job was a great job, some good people. I learned all different vast of tasks . Always was busy mailed runs everyday. I was an hard worker where this job had no room for advancement.
Pros
Free Lunch, Free Coffee
Cons
Short Break
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 16, 2016
Wonderful work place. You learned something new every day. Fast paced and great benefits. The pay is excellent and you will enjoy the money.
Stayed very busy
Shipping Clerk / Small sorts (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIJuly 16, 2016
Working in shipping and small sorts one did not have much opportunity to interact with the management or other coworkers. We stayed very busy and just worked.
package handler
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 16, 2016
i liked working at ups . It was fun working there and i gained a lot of customer service skills and experience.
Working for The UPS Store
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJJuly 16, 2016
Very great place to work, due to the fact that you're always able to meet great people on a daily basis. You also see interesting things that are shipped out. The store was located in a College area, so most of the co-workers were students or retirees. The most difficult part of the job would be figuring out how to box up strange items for shipping. The enjoyable part would be meeting great customers and forming a relationship with them.
Pros
Bonuses on Holidays
Cons
Able to leave your work area when not busy
Ups
Package handler (Current Employee) –  Big Rapids, MI 49307July 15, 2016
I enjoy working at united parcel services. I started working here 8 months ago when my wife and I moved into the area. i would recommend this job to anyone.
Unsatisfactory in all categories.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 15, 2016
Working for a year and I had to fight just to get my 6 month bonus. Never what they promise work wise or pay wise. They say no jobs under $10 but the two beginning post are below what they promised. Also the uniform deduction never stops which is $60 a month for what u wash and you have to have them tailored. Doesn't work guard members either. If your desperate work here but do not depend on management to help or keep to their word.
Great Seasonal Job
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCJuly 15, 2016
I enjoyed working as driver helper in 2014 because I worked with the same driver every day I worked. In 2015 I had to work with 5 different drivers at different times, It was chaotic. I got bit by a dog and since there was no bleeding the supervisor did nothing & told me I could not call animal control.