UPS Employee Reviews

Found 15,079 reviews matching the search
Awesome job
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMay 19, 2017
I loved my job. I wouldn't take a million dollars for it. I've been a seasonal helper going on 6 years. I love how physical and fast pace it . Every day I get a great work out. .
Pros
Everything was great
Cons
I don't have nothing to say about the job except i wish was all uear round
Okay job
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 19, 2017
Overall, this was an okay summer job. I would never work there, It was a lot of physical labor for a low pay rate, My manager was really cool and the coworkers were nice and helpful. Didn't fit me well.
Fast paced tech job
Help Desk Support II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 19, 2017
A usual day involves taking calls, creating cases, resetting passwords, and assisting onsite techs. I learned to quickly move from one program to another, multitasking, and better communication skills. Management was always around to help and offers of overtime were frequent. The workplace culture varied from experienced to those that were new in the tech industry. The hardest part of the job would have to be the rapid way in which calls were received with little to no time to prepare in between. The most enjoyable part of the job to me would have to be the hours offered that allowed me to take overtime often.
Pros
Free Coffee, Great Benefits
Cons
Little prep time for incoming calls
Productive Workplace
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 19, 2017
A decent job for anyone who is willing to do manual labor. Management is a hit or miss. Must have a fast work pace and be able to be on your feet. Co-workers can be amazing or dreadful.
Pros
Getting paid to work out
Cons
Short Break
n/a
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  dallMay 19, 2017
It is a hot place to work in. Sometimes there isn't anyone to help you. You don't always get enough hours. For a part time job it is good, it gives you flexibility with time.
The brotherhood system was great.
Temp to part time preloading (Former Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLMay 19, 2017
Learned extreme organizational skills and the agility it takes to get things done quickly in an accurate manner. Discipline and properly managing on an individual level was essential. I learned Effectiveness and accuracy, this was mandatory to ensure a easier workflow for the drivers. This transition into a better experience for the customers and the company. The training you get at UPS make you a better individual and a positive influence to your community. Jobs are made available to the residence of the community. They also give back to the community in assistant with school scholarships and a number of other things.This company provide as much and more benefits to a high school graduate upwards to any of the highest earned degrees with competitive pay. Honesty is the best policy and with hard work you can accomplish anything. Some challenges was those holiday fluctuating hours, I had to learn to make it work. We had a each one teach one relationship and assisted in picking up the pieces. It was a peace of mind to have such unity. You never really know what to expect on a day to day basis, you may have double the work you had the day before. you have to go with an open mind. The trucks were sometimes challenging with the content of material being packed. The hardest part one time was dealing with insect being shipped and the container broke apart. UPS is non-discriminative, the work opportunity is there for anyone who is interested. One of the best companies to work for based on the benefits and salary potential. It's a union organization which is a great addition  more... for an employee.  less
Pros
A very good learning experience for a lifetime
Cons
Wish there was more hours available
Decent place to work at
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 19, 2017
The work was very stressing but at the end of the day you feel good about yourself because you do a lot of work. I learned how to be a better team player and to manage my time better. The work environment was alright because it's a little dangerous and people are screaming left and right. Hardest part of the job was carrying and loading heavy packages. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and helping them with what they're doing because you guys get to know each other and grow a bond.
Pros
Paid Training, Experience, People
Cons
Short breaks, Hourly wage, Noisy environment
Fast paced, hardworking yet laid back
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  New Windsor, NYMay 19, 2017
I was a Seasonal Driver Helper during the Christmas season. It was a week of nearly 12 hour days. You could see it in some of the other guys' faces, they were tired and just wanted to go home, but they would still joke around to keep the spirits up. I learned a lot from the veteran guys during my week there. I won't look at any postal or delivery jobs the same way again.
Pros
Free coffee, good people
Cons
Long hours, lot of footwork
Fun
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2017
one of the best job i've ever had, its a lot of fun since you are working out doors delivering packages, its a really fast paced job which i really love.
Great job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAMay 19, 2017
Working for UPS is a good job. Its a hard environment to work for. you have to work in extreme weather environments. You'll never know when you have to work, or get off.
Great Dedication in the Workplace
Unload/Sorter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 19, 2017
A typical day at UPS as a sorter/unloader is we will have a meeting at the beginning to review how many trailers will come inbound. Some days I will start unloading or scanning packages and other days sorting. When everything is sorted and gone to the right destination then repackages are handled. Management are professional and communication is on point. The hardest part of the job is packages getting jammed on the belts and it would delay time. I learned that when handling customers packages in the right manner would make them a repeat customer. What I enjoy about this job is the great dedication in all of the employees working together in a fast face environment.
Pros
Benefits, long breaks, teamwork
Cons
injury prone, work until everything is unloaded
The hardest part of the job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 19, 2017
The work that is done at UPS is not necessarily hard, but the quantity of work at the high pace that is set throughout the hub is what make this job seem hard.
very productive and quick paced
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 19, 2017
ups is a wonderful place to work it doesn't get any better then ups and when you deliver the package to anywhere the people greets you with a big smile
Pros
bring your own lunch
Cons
no breaks
It's a good place
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAMay 19, 2017
good place to work they are very friendly and they work with you everyone that works there that we work as a team no one's ever left behind your fast pace and you always have something to do
Wonderful company
Administrative Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 19, 2017
They work closely with college students. Compensation is great. It was a wonderful place for part-time employees to make a living and pursue other interests.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Insurance policies changed, employees required to spend more on it.
hard manual labor
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMay 19, 2017
not enough hours, yes pay was 10.15 but when you only work 3 hours a day that isn't anything. laziness, extreme laziness by the higher ups. One good thing though is the supervisors are understanding of school and working around that schedule but besides that nothing good
The UPS Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 19, 2017
Working for UPS and The UPS Store are two different companies. The UPS Store is not a part of the cooperate job with UPS. You will be paid less than $10 a hour and required to do most of everything your store manager does, deal with customer complaints just as if you were a manager and also close and count drawers like a manager. You have a lot of responsibilities with not the right pay.
A typical day at work is pretty normal and easy to maintain. If you do not know anything about print and graphics this may not be the job for you.
I learned a lot about shipping and how it works and the different prices. I also learned how my boss made such a profit.
My manager was great to work with and I enjoyed being trained under her.
The only real complaint I have about this company is the pay is to low for someone with a degree or someone with experience at all and they have an inconsistency when it comes to promising raises.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Low Pay, inconsistency with raises
not so great
Picker/Packer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 19, 2017
awful coworkers, managers who completely disregard zero tolerance and then get angry at you for falling behind on your work throughout the day. You get locked in and locked out, just inconvenient overall
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Everything else
productive
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 19, 2017
Very challenging but at the sametime a workout the employees are okay some of the supporvisors are nasty with their attitude but if you doing your work you wont notice
Ups
Management (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMay 18, 2017
Opportunities are there if you do not worry about a work life balance.
Make sure not to get involved with any groups and stick to your priorities. Hard work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Little work life balance